Delphi XE2 and Fast Report

OS: Windows 7 Pro

Hello,

i can create a Report with "Fast Report 4.11.17" if i use the Editor, aber if i will print the Report there is nothing.
the printer doesn't start a new job.
The printer-Dialog open and i Press "Okay", but nothing.

{code}
 frxReport1.FileName:='F:\projekte\delphi\Delphi XE2\Druckertest\druckertest.fr3';
 frxReport1.DataSetName:= 'frxDBDataset1';
 if frxReport1.Print then;
{code}

I read the German-Manual two times, but i doesn't find my error.

I need your help, please.

Greetings from Germany
Heiko
0
Heiko

You should prepare report first
frxReport1.FileName:='F:\projekte\delphi\Delphi XE2\Druckertest\druckertest.fr3';
frxReport1.DataSetName:= 'frxDBDataset1';
frxReport1.PrepareReport;
if frxReport1.Print then;
> {quote:title=Heiko Rompel wrote:}{quote}
> OS: Windows 7 Pro
>
> Hello,
>
> i can create a Report with "Fast Report 4.11.17" if i use the Editor, aber if i will print the Report there is nothing.
> the printer doesn't start a new job.
> The printer-Dialog open and i Press "Okay", but nothing.
>
> {code}
>  frxReport1.FileName:='F:\projekte\delphi\Delphi XE2\Druckertest\druckertest.fr3';
>  frxReport1.DataSetName:= 'frxDBDataset1';
>  if frxReport1.Print then;
> {code}
>
> I read the German-Manual two times, but i doesn't find my error.
>
> I need your help, please.
>
> Greetings from Germany
> Heiko
0
Paul
12/27/2011 5:19:36 PM
Thank. It works.

Greetings from
Heiko
0
Heiko

Fast Report in Delphi XE2, is it complete?
Hello everybody, I'm using FR that comes with my Delphy XE2 Enterprise edition. I find it useful and user friendly but... I can't manage to use events (nor dialog pages). Apparently the tab "Events" doesn't work at all, it remains white, while the Properties one is grey. This limits the programming possibilities, of course. I wonder if the version of FR in DXE2 is a complete one or a limited one... Can someone help me? Thanks. FR Embarcadero edition doesn't support script, dialogs, run-time designer, crosses, vertical bands, internal datasets and some expor...

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

Fast Report VCL 4 does not install for Delphi XE2 ??
Hi I downloaded the installation program for Fast reports from the Registered Users download area. However, after running the installation routine - it did not install or register any components into the Delphi IDE (even though the install.txt file says that these will be installed automatically.) The installation I used is called "ID: 28514, FastReport VCL 4 RAD Edition for Delphi and C++Builder XE2". Is there a bug with the installation ? Do I have to re-compile the packages and install manually ? What am I missing ? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.. >...

Delphi XE2 (Update 4) and Fast Report 4.14
While starting Delphi XE2 (Update 4) - exact version: 16.0.4429.46931 and opening any project I get some errors connected with FastReport. It says that some packages cannot be found, although they do exist in proper path: <Documents>\RadStudio\9.0\Bpl\Win64\fxTee16.bpl FastReport\FastScript\LibD16\dclfmxfsado16.bpl FastReport\FastScript\LibD16\dclfmxfsDB16.bpl FastReport\FastScript\LibD16\dclfmxfsibx16.bpl FastReport\FastScript\LibD16\dclfmxfstee16.bpl FastReport\FastScript\LibD16\dclfmxfs16.bpl Of course these files exist in the paths ...

View Microsoft Reporting Services Reports in Delphi
Do you ever think (or can) Delphi take the leap of providing a report viewer for Microsoft Reporting Services RDL reports. I have been using Fast Reports for years. Recently I have been developing MS Reports and Cubes. This is a far better alternative for developers and end users than the current solutions written for Delphi. Can someone comment on this or provide an alternative for me? Or even better provide me with a product that 3rd party product that can view ms reports. Delphi need to take the next step in medium to enterprise reporting and what I see, lags behind in this department. ...

D6 Quick Report To XE2 Fast Report?
Not long after I upgraded to XE2, I participated in a webinar going over the features of Fast Reports and there was mention of a method for converting Quick Report forms from older versions of Delphi to Fast Reports included with XE2. I'm now trying to upgrade an older D6 application to XE2 and it has a substantial number of Quick Report forms; can someone point me to instructions for converting D6 Quick Reports to XE2? Thanks, - Chris The FastReports recommended way from their website is to use the ConverterQR2FR.pas unit in a program to convert the files: add the module Conver...

Delphi XE2 X Crystal Reports
I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible? Amilcar F. > {quote:title=Amilcar Silva Ferreira wrote:}{quote} > I need to run the Crystal Reports with Delphi XE2, is it possible? There is no official solution. The last version that had Delphi support was version 10, and that only supported Delphi 7 (binary only solution). SAP now only officially support .Net and Java. I have heard of hacks that let you use CR10 in later versions of Delphi (2006?), but have not heard if anyone has had any luck using one, or a similar hack is available for XE2. -- Reg...

Delphi report
Hello, Is there any FREE reporting tools for Delphi other than QuickReport and Freereport ? Thank you Dear Mike Thomas! Also you can use internal in Delphi Rave Reports :) Or use non-free report generators like FastReport (price starts from $79). Try to find free/chipper but better... "Mike Thomas" wrote: news:169748@forums.codegear.com... > Hello, > > Is there any FREE reporting tools for Delphi other than QuickReport and > Freereport ? > > Thank you -- Best regards, Michael Philippenko mailto:michael@fast-report.com Fast Repor...

Delphi 2009 automatic bug reports appear as Delphi.NET issues
For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into the field for 'Project'. I will try to verify it and enter it in QC. Unfortunately this means I have to use the QC database for 'testing', but will delete my test entries if I have verified the problem. Michael Justin Michael Justin wrote: > For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into > the field for 'Project'. AFAIK this is as expected. There is no project "RAD Studio" and so "Delphi.NET" has been choosen as proj...

Fast reports download for delphi XE8 trial
I have registered the trial version and go to this link http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30149 When I download I get this error: Sorry, you don't have access to this submission. I have also downloaded FMX version from their website (xe7) the install runs but no components are installed. Anyone have a link to the correct file? You have to own XE8 and have it registered in the License manager to download that from Embarcadero I believe. The XE7 version won't auto install into XE8. You may be able to open the DPK file and install it manually. ...

How to Recompile Fast Report 4 into Delphi 2005?
Hi Guys, Need help on subject above. Please advice. Thanks. Best Regards, Eric Dear Eric Kho! Download such file from your private web-panel: fr4_8_d9<first sign of edition name - b/s/p/e>.exe - Delphi 2005 Also you can recompile source files form Prof and Enterprise edition: fr4_8_srcpro.exe / fr4_8_srcent.exe "Eric Kho" wrote: news:190195@forums.codegear.com... > Hi Guys, > > Need help on subject above. Please advice. Thanks. > > Best Regards, > Eric -- Best regards, Michael Philippenko mailto:michael@fast-repor...

Fast Report or Rave Report?
Hello, i just started to use Delphi XE2. Now i want to start to print some reports from within a Delphi application. While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report. Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used? Which one is easier to deploy. > {quote:title=Magnus Mueller wrote:}{quote} > > While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report. > > Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used? >...

Fast Reports
Hello, I’ve got a problem with Fast Reports and inherited reports. I use the stable Fast Reports version 4.9 for CodeGear 2009. I’ve got three Reports. The first one is my base report. This report contains a report title, a column header and a page footer. The second one is inherited from the base report. This report contains also a group header, a master data and a group footer. Up to this point everything works fine, because when I change the colour of the report title in the base report, it is also changed in the second report. The problem is the third report. My third report i...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Web resources about - Delphi XE2 and Fast Report - embarcadero.delphi.reporting