D6 Quick Report To XE2 Fast Report?

Not long after I upgraded to XE2, I participated in a webinar going over the features of Fast Reports and there was mention of a method for converting Quick Report forms from older versions of Delphi to Fast Reports included with XE2. I'm now trying to upgrade an older D6 application to XE2 and it has a substantial number of Quick Report forms; can someone point me to instructions for converting D6 Quick Reports to XE2?

Thanks,

- Chris
0
Chris

The FastReports recommended way from their website is to use the ConverterQR2FR.pas unit in a program to convert the files:

add the module ConverterQR2FR into uses section and using:

conv := TConverterQr2Fr.Create;
conv.Source := QuickRep1;
conv.Target := FReport;
conv.Convert;
FReport.SaveToFile('converted_fromQR.fr3');

I have tried this before and it only works minimally, putting the labels and bands on there. Most of the data fields don't get hooked up and lots of it needs to be fixed after. For me it is easier to redo them from scratch.

It also means you have to make a program with both QuickReport components and FastReport components in it, which you might not have available for your XE2 or your D6.
0
Douglas
7/24/2012 7:12:31 PM
> {quote:title=Douglas Rudd wrote:}{quote}
> which you might not have available for your XE2 or your D6.
You always can download FR Trial for D6 and convert your QR reports
0
Paul

about report reports generation and emailing reports
hi i am a bit new to Bugzilla, i am using 2.18rc3version. and i am facing two problems with report generation. 1) the checksetup.pl shows all the perl modules includig optional perl modules to be installed and available including thse required for graphical report generation. but despite this i am able to get tabular reports generated but when i click for line/bar reports of the same tabular report the next page does not show the required pie/bar reports. 2) is there any facility for sending these generated reports to the client via email through Bugzilla? kindly help. regards...

Fast Report or Rave Report?
Hello, i just started to use Delphi XE2. Now i want to start to print some reports from within a Delphi application. While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report. Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used? Which one is easier to deploy. > {quote:title=Magnus Mueller wrote:}{quote} > > While looking at the help i saw that there are to report tools. Fast Report and Rave Report. > > Which one should i use? Which is more commonly used, newer, better or preferably used? >...

Fast Reports
Hello, I’ve got a problem with Fast Reports and inherited reports. I use the stable Fast Reports version 4.9 for CodeGear 2009. I’ve got three Reports. The first one is my base report. This report contains a report title, a column header and a page footer. The second one is inherited from the base report. This report contains also a group header, a master data and a group footer. Up to this point everything works fine, because when I change the colour of the report title in the base report, it is also changed in the second report. The problem is the third report. My third report i...

Report Control (report viewer and report designer)
Hi there! ive looked over the forums and other websites that you referred but i dont have any luck for reports. i created a page that has simple data-entry, aside from that, i do want to have a printable report on what are the items i have added this day. i am using a report designer (rdlc) and a report viewer, which is in a aspx page. ive explored how it works for a simple select statement but i want to know how it will work for parameter passing. a referral for a tutorial website for the report viewer and report designer is very much appreciated. or if you want to share your...

A report inside a report
Hello, I have a decent understanding of .net 1.1 and up until now I have never worked with crystal reports. I need to modify an existing report at my job. The modification that needs to be made seems to be a tricky one. Right now the report is straight foward datagrid style. Each row has one value in each field. Now comes the change... There is a one to many relationship with one of the fields meaning there needs to be a display of multiple indicators per row. So each row can have multiple indicators. So I would like to list each indicator based on the id of each row. So one row can ha...

Delphi XE2 and Fast Report
OS: Windows 7 Pro Hello, i can create a Report with "Fast Report 4.11.17" if i use the Editor, aber if i will print the Report there is nothing. the printer doesn't start a new job. The printer-Dialog open and i Press "Okay", but nothing. {code} frxReport1.FileName:='F:\projekte\delphi\Delphi XE2\Druckertest\druckertest.fr3'; frxReport1.DataSetName:= 'frxDBDataset1'; if frxReport1.Print then; {code} I read the German-Manual two times, but i doesn't find my error. I need your help, please. Greetings from Germany Heiko Yo...

Reporting and Report Data
I have a few questions about reports.   First, can anyone tell me where the customer datat is stored. I assume it is on the momsql01  server but in which database is the live data stored? I have checked a few and cant seem to locate any accurate data about customers on the system.   Also, i am running  a unmolested 3.5 HMC install with a few customers on it. IM pulling up the reporting pages and under cumulative reports and im not seeing accurate numbers. (to be more accurate HOME>Hosted Messaging and Colab Services Reports>Cumulative Reports) If i click on a ...

Quick Reports
In one of our applications it is required that a report is printed. Currently we don't use the qr.preview() method, but simply use qr.print(). A customer has asked if we could provide a preview first. The thing is that it is a *requirment* that the report is preinted. So, if we preview the report, we still need to ensure the report is printed, not just viewed. Code like this would be ideal: qr.preview(); if not qr.printed then qr.print(); Is it possible to know if the report was printed when in preview? Thanks, Mike //Use the OnPreview event and set your report ...

fast report very slow opening report
delphi xe6 update 1. after the update i reinstalled fast report , then the opening of a report inside a form became very slow , any idea? beppe Hi, My PC very slow works time to time. Any idea? I have idea: Send your report to our support team for review with as detail as possible descriprion of system. 22.06.2014 2:00, giuseppe magistro wrote: > delphi xe6 update 1. > > after the update i reinstalled fast report , then the opening of a report inside a form became very slow , any idea? > > beppe > -- Best regards, Michael Philippenko ...

Crystal Report Report on ASP.net page, report formatting
Hello, I am new in ASP.net/C# 2.0 and Cristal Report, I would like to create some reports using crystal report, my question is: When I build a webpage with report created by Crystal reports, can I print only the report and be well formatted (for paper print), and if, possible, printed in pdf and other format?   Thank a lot for your useful suggestions.   Hello, any help will be very appreciated.   Thank...

scripts to convert reporting services report to pdf of 40+ reports
Dear all, I have 40+ reports in reporting services. Is there any scripts to convert these reports with passing parameters to pdf and save in the folder scheduledly? As user will be very uneasy to go to the web site and click for each report everytime in reporting service site. Thanks you for your help!!! Hi, From your description, you are wondering how to export the report to the pdf without viewing the report in browser. If so, we could achieve it via the following code.        Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.ReportViewer rview = new Microsoft.Reporti...

How to call Sub report from main report with main report parameters
Using SSRS 2008 i have implemented a chart and i have passed parameters to chart properties --> jump report and i implemented a subreport. when ever i am clicking main report chart its redirecting to subreport but its not taking the parameters once again i need to select the subreport parameters then only its working.   Can any one help me how to move to the subreport along with parameters.   Thanks in advance  For further help with SSRS, you could ask at:SQL Server Team http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/ SQL Server Central http://www.sqlservercentral.com/ SQL Server at M...

Web resources about - D6 Quick Report To XE2 Fast Report? - embarcadero.delphi.reporting

Latest Marketing, Tech, Social Media, and Blog Marketing Finds - The Friday Traffic Report
The Friday Traffic Report Home Blog Subscribe! About Jack and Jim Website Promotion Social, Tech, Marketing News Subscribe Now Latest Marketing, ...

Mile High Report - For Denver Broncos Fans
MileHighReport(MHR) is the ultimate independent resource for the Denver Broncos on the web. Along with MHR Radio, the official podcast of MHR, ...

the rajam report
… I kept having trouble with understanding what “mode” I was in, for lack of a better term. Specifically, it was weird that “glances” could only ...

Rasmussen Reports™: The Most Comprehensive Public Opinion Data Anywhere
Rasmussen Reports - The best place to look for polls that are spot on

Insider Trading Report - Institutional Ownership & Insider Trades
Crude Futures Break Below $60, Supply Glut, Weak Demand... Asia Continues to Rally, India Shines, China...

U.S. News & World Report - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
U.S. News & World Report is an American news magazine published from Washington, D.C. Along with Time and Newsweek it was for many years a leading ...

Report: Apple plans to nix 3.5mm port on iPhone 7, require Lightning for wired headphones
Citing a reliable source, a report from Japanese blog Macotakara claims that Apple plans to remove the 3.5mm headphone port from the upcoming ...

LG investment adds new fuel to reports that Apple is planning an OLED iPhone
Remember all the recent reports saying that while the iPhone 7 won’t have an OLED display, it’s likely that Apple will come out with an OLED ...

REPORT: Colorado Springs Gunman Registered to Vote as ‘Unaffiliated Female,’ Was ‘Unknown’ to Pro-Lifers ...
... in the area and registered to vote as an "unaffiliated female" rather than a Democrat or Republican. On November 27, Breitbart News reported ...

LSU denies reports of Les Miles coaching final game on Saturday
... there was a breakdown in communication between LSU coach Les Miles and members of the Tiger Gridiron Club. Miles himself addressed the reports ...