Best tool to generate reports in Delphi XE

I'm fairly new to Delphi and Rave reports.  I have extensive experience creating reports with MS Access.  Is Rave the best tool to use or would others be better?  Which reporting tool do you guys like best?

Thanks
TD
0
Thomas

Thomas Lee wrote:

> I'm fairly new to Delphi and Rave reports.  I have extensive
> experience creating reports with MS Access.  Is Rave the best tool to
> use

No!

> or would others be better?  Which reporting tool do you guys like
> best?

I like FastReport, I had used several others before.
ReportBuilder is very good too, but cannot beat FastReport for my needs.

Cesar Romero
0
Cesar
2/6/2013 4:55:24 PM
More and more we export data to TWebbrowser using html and all the Javascript libraries. (using highchart for charts..)
0
Robert
2/6/2013 5:01:13 PM
If you are looking for the best Delphi reporting solution, I invite you
to download a trial version of ReportBuilder 14 for evaluation.

Product overview (use the side menu for more detail)...

http://digital-metaphors.com/products/

Trial download...

http://digital-metaphors.com/download/

List of resources for getting started with RB...

http://www.digital-metaphors.com/rbWiki/General/Getting_Started/Resources_for_Learning_RB

Link to rbWiki, which contains hundreds of articles and 'How To' code
examples..

http://www.digital-metaphors.com/rbWiki

The Developers Guide, tutorials, demos, and integrated help are
installed with the product. Each of these materials compliments the others.

If you have questions, please email support@ or post to our newsgroups,
news.digital-metaphors.com

Best Regards,

Nico Cizik
Digital Metaphors

On 2/6/13 9:51 AM, Thomas Lee wrote:
> I'm fairly new to Delphi and Rave reports.  I have extensive experience creating reports with MS Access.  Is Rave the best tool to use or would others be better?  Which reporting tool do you guys like best?
>
> Thanks
> TD

0
Nico
2/6/2013 6:29:45 PM
Thanks for the replies.  If anyone else has any suggestions please post them

Thanks again,
TD
0
Thomas
2/8/2013 1:48:16 PM
> {quote:title=Thomas Lee wrote:}{quote}
> Thanks for the replies.  If anyone else has any suggestions please post them
>
> Thanks again,
> TD
FastReport would definitely be my choice.
0
Slobodan

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

what is the best reporting tool (delphi xe)that caputure this features?
rave is powerfull reporting tool b\c it code-based reporting tool, but does it capture this features - can i handle OnPreviewlClick event? - can i display Sub report according to my OnPreviewclick event? if not , what is the best reporting tool that can i use, or it is best to use string grid or any advance grid for preview and report tool for printing, i need somthing like one in quick books pos software(it is done in delphi), how can i do this, any idea? thanks. Rave code-based will certainly allow you full control of previewing and preview events, including creating your own pr...

about report reports generation and emailing reports
hi i am a bit new to Bugzilla, i am using 2.18rc3version. and i am facing two problems with report generation. 1) the checksetup.pl shows all the perl modules includig optional perl modules to be installed and available including thse required for graphical report generation. but despite this i am able to get tabular reports generated but when i click for line/bar reports of the same tabular report the next page does not show the required pie/bar reports. 2) is there any facility for sending these generated reports to the client via email through Bugzilla? kindly help. regards...

View Microsoft Reporting Services Reports in Delphi
Do you ever think (or can) Delphi take the leap of providing a report viewer for Microsoft Reporting Services RDL reports. I have been using Fast Reports for years. Recently I have been developing MS Reports and Cubes. This is a far better alternative for developers and end users than the current solutions written for Delphi. Can someone comment on this or provide an alternative for me? Or even better provide me with a product that 3rd party product that can view ms reports. Delphi need to take the next step in medium to enterprise reporting and what I see, lags behind in this department. ...

Best tools to generate reports
I have visual studio 2008 standard. I am writing an application that is a small database web based program for the operational division of a small business. I would like to do more of these and maybe target small manufacturing companies for custom database apps for their operational divisions.With standard division I don't have Crystal reports. I didn't realsize that the standard edition doesn't come with any capabilities to generate reports -- especially landscape reports.I can see wanting to print ObjectDataSource-GridView and being able to add variables to the page programmica...

Delphi 2010 report tools [Edit]
Hello, I’m looking for Delphi 2010 simple report tools with small bytes “other than quickreport and RTF report’ FREEWARE or very cheap (less than $50.00) tools Please advice Thanks in advance Edited by: Adam Allen on Jun 30, 2010 5:39 AM Dear Adam Allen! Did you read this http://delphihaters.blogspot.com/2010/06/smells-like-team-spirit-nevrona-rave.html ? I do not agree with something (about FastReport :) ) but - very interesting. About your question... Starting price of FastReport is more than $50 - $79 per Basic Edition. FreeReport - you can add support of D2010. It...

Delphi report
Hello, Is there any FREE reporting tools for Delphi other than QuickReport and Freereport ? Thank you Dear Mike Thomas! Also you can use internal in Delphi Rave Reports :) Or use non-free report generators like FastReport (price starts from $79). Try to find free/chipper but better... "Mike Thomas" wrote: news:169748@forums.codegear.com... > Hello, > > Is there any FREE reporting tools for Delphi other than QuickReport and > Freereport ? > > Thank you -- Best regards, Michael Philippenko mailto:michael@fast-report.com Fast Repor...

Wich is the best tool to generate the Report ?
Hi,I am using Asp .net+c# to generate a report.so here, i wanna generate a report.which is the best tool that i can use to generate a report ? Thanks and RegardsNimesh PrabhakarMark this post as "ANSWER", if it helped you.. If you are using visual studio then u can use report viewer or crystal reports. http://www.vbdotnetheaven.com/UploadFile/mahesh/ReportViewerControl09062007051533AM/ReportViewerControl.aspx Else You can use crystal Reports:- http://aspalliance.com/265 Both are equally Good.    Thanks dinesh for you reply...can i have one more querry,that is...

Delphi 2009 automatic bug reports appear as Delphi.NET issues
For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into the field for 'Project'. I will try to verify it and enter it in QC. Unfortunately this means I have to use the QC database for 'testing', but will delete my test entries if I have verified the problem. Michael Justin Michael Justin wrote: > For automatic bug reports, Delphi 2009 seems to put 'Delphi.NET' into > the field for 'Project'. AFAIK this is as expected. There is no project "RAD Studio" and so "Delphi.NET" has been choosen as proj...

Delphi XE
Namely I'm getting occasionally an assertion failure in AQTimeRTL.bpl Y:\AQTime7\SrcComponents\TntUnicodeControls\TntSystem.pas, line 1412 Eric Grange wrote: > Namely I'm getting occasionally an assertion failure in AQTimeRTL.bpl > Y:\AQTime7\SrcComponents\TntUnicodeControls\TntSystem.pas, line 1412 In QC, there is a AddOn\AutomatedQA which seems appropriate, otherwise I guess embarcadero.public.delphi.thirdpartytools.general is a viable option? Lars F. -- http://Lars.Fosdal.com - There are no stupid questions http://delphi.fosdal.com - Delphi Programming I a...

Rave Reports 9 BE with Delphi XE problem
Hello, not sure if anyone has found out this possible issue or not. I am trying to upgrade a Delphi 2007 Intraweb application to use the most recent version of Intraweb and I am using Delphi XE to do this. I managed to get so far but when testing the reporting in the application it would just hang and eventually give an out of memory error message. I have tracked this down to a memo on the rave report that has tabs in it, so it is quite easy to get around by avoiding using tabs. However I tested to see if this problem would also arise if some of the database fields also had tabs in them, ...

Any Report Tool other than Crystal Reports?
Hi there! Does anyone know a free Tool for Reporting Data with equal functions to Crystal Reports? Crystal Reports just run on Webservers for a very expensive licence! So I can't use them :(! Thank you very much for any quick help! Best regards CLaude Hi ChillaHH We have recently decided on using Active Reports, instead of Crystal Reports; for two main reasons. One is that we dont want to have our users view a report by having to save it to disk, view it...and then delete it from the disk afterwards. Secondly, there are licencing implications for the users. You can d...

Reporting Services: generate report
Are few days that I can't resolve this problemI'm trying to load datas in a rdlc report .... if it's possible without using typed dataset I use this code :            String strQuery = "SELECT ...."             if ((radioButton1.Checked) & (lmc.getNumber(CurrID) > 0))                strQuery += ...             if (chkdata.Checked == true)  ...

Web resources about - Best tool to generate reports in Delphi XE - embarcadero.delphi.reporting

Facebook Testing ‘Select Ad Variations To Generate’ Option In Power Editor?
Facebook appears to be testing a new feature in Power Editor that allows users to more easily test different versions of their ads. continued… ...

Study: Facebook Page Post Ads generate 14% higher ROI for retail sector than Marketplace ads
Page Post Ads in the Facebook News Feed generate 14 percent higher return on investment for companies in the retail sector compared to Marketplace ...

In the Germany iPhone app market, how many downloads/day does one need to generate to become a Top 10 ...
Answer (1 of 3): It highly depends on the country of course. For Germany it takes on a typical day 4k downloads to hit the Top Overall 50 free ...

Long Exposure Camera - Generate DSLR like of gorgeous slow shutter and freeze motion for FB and IG picture ...
Get Long Exposure Camera - Generate DSLR like of gorgeous slow shutter and freeze motion for FB and IG picture on the App Store. See screenshots ...

All sizes - Google Webmaster Tools - Generate robots.txt - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

How Minecraft Generates Such HUGE Worlds - Game/Show - PBS Digital Studios - YouTube
Tweet at us! https://twitter.com/pbsgameshow Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/gameshowpbs Email us! pbsgameshow [at] gmail [dot] ...

Andy Murray's moan over grunting just generates a groan
While Rafael Nadal was repositioning himself among the game's big four last week, Andy Murray was groaning about his opponents grunting to a ...

Inferno expected to generate abnormal, high-altitude cloud
A bizarre weather phenomenon known as a fire cloud is likely to form over the fire raging between Lithgow and Bilpin if weather conditions deteriorate ...

Westfield deal generates $69.5m in banker fees
J.P. Morgan, Rothschild, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, UBS and Morgan Stanley are among a host of investment banks to receive millions in fees.

The Rio dilemma: how to generate green energy, and share it fairly
The Rio dilemma: how to generate green energy, and share it fairly