Word 2010 OLE automation

Hello there
I user Delphi 2010 with Office 2010.
When i try to open word document from my delphi application
it open the file but the word stayes minimized.
this is my code:

procedure OpenOleWordFile(Var MsWord:Variant;WordFileName:String);
Var WordDoc,Mdoc:Variant;
begin
    try
    MsWord := GetActiveOleObject('Word.Application');
  except
    try
      MsWord := CreateOleObject('Word.Application');
    except
      ShowMessage('Error ....cannot open WORD');
      exit;
    end;
  end;
  MsWord.Visible:=true;
  MsWord.Application.WindowState := 1;  //Maximize ms-word
  MsWord.Documents.Open(WordFileName);
  MsWord.Activate;
end;

Any Ideas?
Thanks
Roni
0
Roni
7/28/2011 9:31:09 PM
embarcadero.delphi.ole 598 articles. 1 followers. Follow

OLE Automation with Delphi and MS Word
Hi, I'm working with Delphi for a while now, but it's the first time that I need to export in Word some data taken from a sqlite database. With SQLite there are no problems, everything works as it should. With Word, also because of the lack of good part of documentation, I'm currently having troubles, in particular, in the moment when i go to split a cell of a table, depending on the number of occurrences found with a SQLite query (1 occurrence = do nothing, 2 occurrences = split the cell into two rows, 15 occurrences = split the cell into 15 rows and so on). When i create ...

OLE Automation with Delphi and MS Word [Edit]
Hi, I'm working with Delphi for a while now, but it's the first time that I need to export in Word some data taken from a sqlite database. With SQLite there are no problems, everything works as it should. With Word, also because of the lack of good part of documentation, I'm currently having troubles, in particular, in the moment when i go to split a cell of a table, depending on the number of occurrences found with a SQLite query (1 occurrence = do nothing, 2 occurrences = split the cell into two rows, 15 occurrences = split the cell into 15 rows and so on). When i create ...

WORD OLE automation
The following code works perfectly with WORD6/Windows95/PB6, but does not work for WORD 97/NT. OLEObject lole_word string ls_mytext = "Trial text" li_rc = lole_word = CREATE OLEObject li_rc = lole_word.ConnectToNewObject("word.basic") // in NT WORD is opened INVISIBLY // It appears as a process in the Task Manager // li_rc = 0 li_rc = lole_word.FileNew("normal", 0) // Returns li_rc = NULL li_rc = lole_word.Insert(ls_mytext) // Not recognised by WORD97 li_rc = ...

WordPerfect: OLE automation through OLE control
OK, I connected to WordPerfect from PB6.5 by using OLEObject like: OLEObject ole_obj ole_obj= CREATE OLEobject li_rc=ole_obj.ConnectToNewObject ("WordPerfect.PerfectScript") ........ Now it accepts automation commands. But my goal is to start OLE automation through Object property of OLE control. Something like: ole_1.Activate(Offsite!) ole_obj=ole_1.Object.WordPerfect.PerfectScript ..... And that does not work though it does with Word. Does somebody know if it is possible at all to make OLE automation through OLE control and how to do that? Thanks ...

Word OLE automation
I am about to embark on a PB 5.0 project that will require dynamic creation of documents for use with Word 97's mail merge capability. Being that this is my first time using OLE, as well as my first time programming Word, could anybody point me in the right direction (books, articles, web sites, etc.) to get me started? I've experimented a little with what I could find on Microsoft's and Sybase's sites, but I am looking for something more comprehensive. =============== Daniel Buki Software Developer Butte County (CA) Migrant Education cerkit@ncal.net In article...

Word OLE automation
Would like to open word document using OLE after populating word using OLE Automation. The document should open up in print preview mode,and then using either VBA, or other code print or close from print preview. I want to supress all menus and commandbars from the word document. What code can i run from PB script to open in print preview and turn off menus and command bars, and put in two of my own command buttons. ...

MS-Word & Powerpoint automation, using OLE automation [Edit]
Hello, Here is what I need to do, from my Delphi application : starting from a MS-Word document, create a PPT presentation simply made of a series of embedded MS-Word objects. There would be 1 slide for each page of the source document (assuming same page size & orientation on both sides). This requires to control both a WordApplication and a PowerpointApplication in parallel, and proceed basically as follows : - in Word, open the source file - In Powerpoint, create a new presentation - For each page of the Word doc, |- in Word, select from start to end of current page, then &quo...

Word 6 OLE automation
Hi, I'm using OLE automation with Word 6 to perform a mail merge. Most of the methods work OK (FileOpen, FilePrint etc.) but some of them don't (FileClose). PB says : Error calling external object function blablabla ... The function's name is OK, and the parameters also. I've debugged the externalexception event, and the OLE server tells me that I've tried to handle an element like a function when it isn't. The bizarre thing is that, calling a macro with that instruction (FileClose) works. Perhaps the solution is putting all the code in the macro ? ...

OLE Automation with Word 7
All my users and fellow developers are on Word v7.0a (which does not work) and only I happen to have 7.0 (which works). I've tried background printing on and off in Word. The routine loops through multiple records as shown beloew. The first run through is fine. It fails on the second record at the FileOpen/FileNew. I tried adding wait loops of 10 seconds (!) after the fileprint and the fileclose - to no avail. The error is "Error calling external object function fileopen...". I tried upgrading to the latest PB5.0.04 maint release - still no dice. Does Powerb...

OLE automation with word 97
Dear Sir /Madam I like to ask about how to use the oleobject with Word 97, On word 95 and its predecessor, its clear to use "word.basic" but the speed is very slow compare with other OLE connectivity, So I try with word 97, but the format and function of word 97 is very different from the previous ones, they use VBA (for visual Basic Command), So I like to ask if to use OLE with word97 to connect and merge letter with data supplied by PowerBuilder, like code below, what is the corresponding code in word 97?, or Does PowerBuilder 5.0 does not support Word 97 or vice-versa. ...

Excel and/or Word OLE Automation
I found out that the client machines that will be running my app will have office 95 on them. So I decided to use the spell checking example that Powersoft provied to work with Excel, instead of using the VS ocx. I found out that I handed in one set of problems for yet another set of problems. I took the example from PS and changed the mle to be dw column. The text in the column has hard returns in it, so when I set the text in excel I get | where the hard returns are. This is only a minor problem, that I could live with. However the big problem is that one of two things happen...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

OLE Word97 and ole objects vs ole controls
--------------50D299EA9D99A20C83E801AB Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am new to OLE automation. I'm trying to connect to a word97 document and filling forms fields with information. I'm trying to use the following code. I'm getting the following error in my log file: DateTime: 10/27/99 18:32:07 Title: System Error Message: Error Number 36. Error text = Name not found accessing external object property object. Window/Menu/Object = w_ole_test. Error Object/Control = cb_okay. Script = clicked. Line in Script = 22. ...

Word Automation through Win32::OLE
Long time lurker, first time poster...please be gentle. I am attempting to move through a directory, pull out only files of a ..fin extension (which is Word document format), save each one as .rtf (Rich Text Format). I'd also like to be able to run some predefined macros on the files, but I thought just being able to save was a good place to start. Currently I get an error stating 'Can't call method "SaveAs" on an undefined value'. If someone could point me to some clearer text on Win32::OLE than the stuff that ASPN, CPAN and Oreilly's Win32 o...

Web resources about - Word 2010 OLE automation - embarcadero.delphi.ole

Automation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a hierarchical presentation of automation topics, see Outline of automation . For other uses, see Automation (disambiguation) . Automation ...

Automation World - Covering the field of industrial automation
AutomationWorld.com delivers content for the Automation Buying team, which includes Information Technology and Networking; Operations and Engineering; ...

Facebook Ads API Partner AdStage: Campaign Automation, $6.25M Series A Funding
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Facebook ads API partner AdStage announces Series A funding, campaign automation
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Automation World (@automationworld)

Automation World
Automation World is your link to the why and how of manufacturing automation. The purpose of this group is to connect manufacturing engineers, ...

Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit offers easy automation
Home automation and monitoring is getting easier than ever. The days when you had to hire a contractor to wire up your home for security or to ...

Factory Automation Will Speed Forward with A.I., Says Bernstein
... tech-industrial companies such as Corning (GLW) and AU Optronics (AUO), this afternoon offered up a thinks piece on robotics and factory automation, ...

Is home automation in your future or are you using it now?
Home automation gets touted by some as the future, but it's really the now. A seemingly endless list of products are on the market and they allow ...

3 Growing Digital Trends for 2016: Automation, Personalization, Gamification.
1. Marketing Automation What is it? Marketing automation is a category of technology that allows companies to streamline, automate, and measure ...