import 2 tlb libraries togheter

Hi all,
i have 2 tlb libraries to import to make a connection to codesoft(labelling software)

the first library has some basic functions , the second call functions defined inside the first library.

i import the first library without errors , when i import the second library in the same package i have this error :

An error occured while referencing a user defined type. this may caused by a missing or unregistered tpe library 

may be i miss some parameter to say to the second library to refere to the firts.

i use xe7 and windows 8.1 

thanks in advance

Beppe
0
giuseppe
3/7/2015 11:09:53 AM
embarcadero.delphi.ole 598 articles. 1 followers. Follow

14 Replies
1217 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

giuseppe wrote:

> i import the first library without errors , when i import the second
> library in the same package i have this error :
> 
> An error occured while referencing a user defined type. this may
> caused by a missing or unregistered tpe library

Is the first TLB registered with the OS?  It is not enough to just have the 
TLB file, it has to be registered so the second TLB can make references to 
it.  Items are referenced by IDs, not by filenames, so those IDs need to 
be registered beforehand.

-- 
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
3/7/2015 9:19:23 PM
giuseppe wrote:

> i import the first library without errors , when i import the second
> library in the same package i have this error :
> 
> An error occured while referencing a user defined type. this may
> caused by a missing or unregistered tpe library

Is the first TLB registered with the OS?  It is not enough to just have the 
TLB file, it has to be registered so the second TLB can make references to 
it.  Items are referenced by IDs, not by filenames, so those IDs need to 
be registered beforehand.

-- 
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
3/7/2015 9:22:12 PM
> {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> giuseppe wrote:
> 
> > i import the first library without errors , when i import the second
> > library in the same package i have this error :
> > 
> > An error occured while referencing a user defined type. this may
> > caused by a missing or unregistered tpe library
> 
> Is the first TLB registered with the OS?  It is not enough to just have the 
> TLB file, it has to be registered so the second TLB can make references to 
> it.  Items are referenced by IDs, not by filenames, so those IDs need to 
> be registered beforehand.
> 
> -- 
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)


i really don't know if is registered ,
in any case how to register it ?

thanks 

beppe
0
giuseppe
3/8/2015 10:24:55 PM
> {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> giuseppe wrote:
> 
> > i import the first library without errors , when i import the second
> > library in the same package i have this error :
> > 
> > An error occured while referencing a user defined type. this may
> > caused by a missing or unregistered tpe library
> 
> Is the first TLB registered with the OS?  It is not enough to just have the 
> TLB file, it has to be registered so the second TLB can make references to 
> it.  Items are referenced by IDs, not by filenames, so those IDs need to 
> be registered beforehand.
> 
> -- 
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

the first tlb appear in tje list of tlb on the import wizard , but 
i really don't know if is registered ,
in any case how to register it again ?

thanks 

beppe

Edited by: giuseppe magistro on Mar 8, 2015 3:27 PM
0
giuseppe
3/8/2015 10:28:44 PM
giuseppe wrote:

> the first tlb appear in tje list of tlb on the import wizard

Then it is registered with the OS.

Does the second TLB have a reference to the first TLB in its 'Uses' list? 
 It needs that in order to resolve references to definitions in the first 
TLB.

-- 
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
3/8/2015 10:46:38 PM
> {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> giuseppe wrote:
> 
> > the first tlb appear in tje list of tlb on the import wizard
> 
> Then it is registered with the OS.
> 
> Does the second TLB have a reference to the first TLB in its 'Uses' list? 
>  It needs that in order to resolve references to definitions in the first 
> TLB.
> 
> -- 
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

really i don't know  what is inside tlbs ....

the tlb manufacturer gave to me this c# example to import libraries :

#import "tkxrftag.tlb" rename_namespace("lppx")
#import "lppx2.tlb" rename_namespace("lppx"),\
                                                           exclude("enumMeasureSystem"),\
                                                           exclude("enumLanguage"),\
                                                           exclude("IFontDisp"), \
                                                           rename("EOF","EOF2")
 
beppe
0
giuseppe
3/9/2015 10:28:41 AM
giuseppe wrote:

> really i don't know  what is inside tlbs ....

You can open a TLB file in the IDE and it will display the content in the 
TypeLibrary Editor.

> the tlb manufacturer gave to me this c# example to import libraries :

Delphi has no equivilent to that.

-- 
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
3/9/2015 4:27:56 PM
> {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> giuseppe wrote:
> 
> > really i don't know  what is inside tlbs ....
> 
> You can open a TLB file in the IDE and it will display the content in the 
> TypeLibrary Editor.
> 
> > the tlb manufacturer gave to me this c# example to import libraries :
> 
> Delphi has no equivilent to that.
> 
> -- 
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

in the uses folder is present only stdole 

beppe
0
giuseppe
3/10/2015 9:15:00 AM
> {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> giuseppe wrote:
> 
> > really i don't know  what is inside tlbs ....
> 
> You can open a TLB file in the IDE and it will display the content in the 
> TypeLibrary Editor.
> 
> > the tlb manufacturer gave to me this c# example to import libraries :
> 
> Delphi has no equivilent to that.
> 
> -- 
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

in the uses folder is present only stdole 


here the two tlb

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=113543&tstart=0

beppe

Edited by: giuseppe magistro on Mar 10, 2015 2:39 AM
0
giuseppe
3/10/2015 9:39:27 AM
giuseppe wrote:

> in the uses folder is present only stdole

Then that is why the second TLB is not able to resolve references to items 
in the first TLB.  Did you try editing the second TLB to add the necessary 
reference to the first TLB and then save it?

-- 
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
3/10/2015 7:37:48 PM
giuseppe wrote:

> in the uses folder is present only stdole

Then that is why the second TLB is not able to resolve references to items 
in the first TLB.  Did you try editing the second TLB to add the necessary 
reference to the first TLB and then save it?

-- 
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
Remy
3/10/2015 8:07:39 PM
> {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> giuseppe wrote:
> 
> > in the uses folder is present only stdole
> 
> Then that is why the second TLB is not able to resolve references to items 
> in the first TLB.  Did you try editing the second TLB to add the necessary 
> reference to the first TLB and then save it?
> 
> -- 
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

when i open in the ide i can only see , there is another way to edit it ?

sorry but this argument is a nightmare to me

thanks beppe
0
giuseppe
3/10/2015 8:29:26 PM
> {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> giuseppe wrote:
> 
> > in the uses folder is present only stdole
> 
> Then that is why the second TLB is not able to resolve references to items 
> in the first TLB.  Did you try editing the second TLB to add the necessary 
> reference to the first TLB and then save it?
> 
> -- 
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
giuseppe
3/10/2015 8:35:24 PM
ok solved....

but there is a bug in xe7 ....... the search directory do not work well in xe7 ....

i used the old and glorious delphi 7 to create unit from tlb and giving the directory where the first tlb is i did the trick ....

thank for the help !!!

beppe

Edited by: giuseppe magistro on Mar 10, 2015 3:18 PM
0
giuseppe
3/10/2015 10:20:50 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

MOVED: Use Delphi XE TLB importer in Delphi 2007?
....to the ActiveX group: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=47170 -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Library Import #2
Using LibraryImport() Function Imports Datawindow.. Why it is not importing other objects .. Inorder to Import other objects, I want a function .. I will be thankful to one, who help me in RIGHT WAY.... You need to look at ORCA to import other object types. There's some samples on CodeXchange. On 27 May 2008 04:48:00 -0700, Linto Thomas wrote: >Using LibraryImport() Function Imports Datawindow.. > >Why it is not importing other objects .. > >Inorder to Import other objects, I want a function .. > >I will be thankful to one, who help me in RIG...

Library Import #2
Is there possibility to do something like LibraryImport() for object type other than ImportDataWindow! ? Any way to import different objects into PB library. Thanks in advance Tomek 'Tomo' Kalka To do that, you need to request ORCA libraries from Sybase (http://www.sybase.com/detail/1,6904,1016016,00.html) and build a DLL to handle the callback functions required. Lot more complicated. You might want to just use a third party product like PowerGen (www.ecrane.com) and use their command line interface to import. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techn...

ANN: Free Open Source Delphi friendly GDI+ library updated to 2.2
IGDI+ www.igdiplus.com is a free open source Delphi library wrapping in a Delphi friendly way the Microsoft GDI+ functionality. The library allows very easy and short implementations of complex GDI+ applications, in a natural Delphi friendly code. Here are some of the specifics: - All GDI+ objects are accessed trough interfaces, with automatic release of resources. - All data types are either Delphi objects, records or arrays. - Most class member functions return pointer to the class allowing the next function to be called in the same line, thus simplifying the code. - All call...

ANN: Habari XB Client 1.2
April 20, 2010 - betasoft is pleased to announce release 1.2 of the Delphi client library Habari XB for xmlBlaster Open Source MOM (message-oriented middleware). With this component and xmlBlaster, it is possible to exchange data between clients written in Delphi, PHP, Perl, Python, C, C++, C#, Visual Basic.net, Flash, J2ME, Java (applications, servlets, applets). Product home page: http://www.mikejustin.com/habari_xb.html Documentation (PDF): http://www.mikejustin.com/download/HabariXBGettingStarted.pdf API docs online: http://www.mikejustin.com/habari_xb/api/ About x...

Help with data import / upgrade (2.18
Hi all. Here's my situation and thought I'd ask some advice on the best way to implement this. Ok.... we currently have Bugzilla on an old server with v2.18 (everything runs fine, no issues). We now have a newer server with Bugzilla 2.2 installed and running successfully. We want to use v2.2... I want to know how to import my existing bugs from my old server, over to the new server without losing anything (such as bug numers)? Is there a way to do this? II'm not worred about user permissions, as these were are not currently set. I just want to keep my bug histories...

Help Importing the Users from 2.0.4 to 2.1.2
I need to import 200 Users from an install of 2.0.4 to 2.1.2 Can I just copy the Users table from SQL and be done with it.... or is it more complicated than that. Thanks, Harley Harley, There are a couple of tables that you need to touch besides jsut the User table. You need to make entries into the UserPortals and UserRoles tables as well. If you open each up one you can pretty much see what is going on in each one. If you wanted to do it manually in SQL you could Select * INTO another staging table and then build a query to import the users into the three tables (Users, User...

how do i import a library from .net 2 framework to compact framework?
hello, i would like to know if i can import a library (system.security.cryptography.xml) to compact framework. if yes how do i do that and shall i expect it to work without any problems? compact framework does not support xml encryption or xml signatures but desktop version does so i thought i could just import a dll to spare me all the trouble... is it possible? Hi max_payne, Compact framework can't import other class , you can try to reflect the source code and find the API,  try to P/Invoke the API to implement it. But it may be a little difficult. For how to P/Invoke:...

Is possible import one android library in one delphi project?
I have one library for android for to do calls peer to peer or app to app as skype. I use this library in one eclipse project, this library in one .jar file. I can to import this .jar file in my delphi project for reuse? If not is possible, what i can to do for to have one advanced function as to do app to app calls as skype? Regards, Edgar Mejia oscar wrote: > I can to import this .jar file in my delphi project for reuse? Have a look at these articles: Every Android API for Delphi http://delphi.org/2014/01/every-android-api-for-delphi/ Utility To Generate Java Andr...

Delphi 2010: how to convert .idl files to .TLB files? #2
Delphi 2010 contains many idl files in the \include\idl folder. How can we import these files into an application? In RAD Studio, each .idl file has an associated .h file in the /include folder. So C++ Builder users can import these type libraries. There must be a way for the Delphi users to do the same. But how??????? Unfortunately the Help files don't provide any clue! Can you help?? {quote:title=lcd877 lcd877 wrote:} Delphi 2010 contains many idl files in the \include\idl folder. How can we import these files into an application? In RAD Studio, each .idl file has an ...

i can to import one xcode project or library into delphi xe4?
If for example i build one xcode application and have the sources. I can import this to my delphi project? ...

ANN: paxCompiler, v3.2.1 Automatic import of Delphi units.
New: - Automatic import of Delphi units via RTTI (Delphi XE2-XE5). - Support of Free Pascal 2.6.2 and Lazarus (Win32/Win64). paxCompiler is an embeddable compiler of the Object Pascal, Basic and JavaScript programming languages. The key features of the paxCompiler are: - The compiler generates machine code for Intel compatible processors. - It supports 2 script runners: paxProgram executes native code, paxInterpreter runs intermediate byte-code. - It is possible to use the compiler as a scripting engine. You can embed the compiler into host application, register host-defined types...

Can Delphi XE4 import iOS ObjC Class ? ( Static Library *.a )
Can Delphi XE4 import iOS ObjC Class ? ( Static Library *.a ) ObjC Code : test.a ---------------------------------------------------------------------- // test.h --- #import <Foundation/Foundation.h> @interface mycalc : NSObject { BOOL busy; } - (int) calc : (int) value; @end // test.m --- #import "test.h" @implementation mycalc -(int) calc:(int)value { busy = TRUE; return ( value + 1); } @end Delphi XE4 Code for Testing ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unit1; interface uses Syst...

how i can to import one (xcode) or ios library into one delphi project?
This is possible? exists any tool for to do more easy this? Regards, > {quote:title=oscar mejia wrote:}{quote} > This is possible? exists any tool for to do more easy this? > > > Regards, Not sure what you mean, do you mean load a dylib file into your Delphi app? > {quote:title=oscar mejia wrote:}{quote} > This is possible? exists any tool for to do more easy this? So you may load statically linked libs into your iOS apps. When it comes to dylibs there are restrictions from Apple. IIRC, known dylibs from Apple are fine but not random ones you have c...

Web resources about - import 2 tlb libraries togheter - embarcadero.delphi.ole

Senate House Libraries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Senate House Libraries (formerly The University of London Research Library Services ) is a group of libraries based in Bloomsbury which together ...

What we read and watched from Libraries ACT in 2015
... we wanted to declutter, we wanted to read about the "real" Julia. And, unlike previous years, we didn't want to borrow cookbooks. Libraries ...

New website allows youth to report cyber bullying at ACT libraries
... for material to be taken off the internet. A new pilot website launched this week allows young people to report cyber bullying in ACT libraries, ...

New fine regime for Libraries ACT results in fall in overdue times and fine revenue
&nbsp;Canberra library users have returned about 150,000 more items on time this year under a still-new fine regime.

Your definitive Little Libraries map of Waterloo Region
We're making a photo map of all of the Little Libraries in Waterloo Region and beyond. Check it out and submit your own.

Apple Music giving former Beats subscribers month grace period to migrate libraries
... continue reading at 9to5Mac . What do you think? Discuss "Apple Music giving former Beats subscribers month grace period to migrate libraries" ...

ARM Math Libraries to Speed HPC Applications
At the SC 15 show, the company will demonstrate the libraries that will improve the performance of applications running on 64-bit ARM systems. ...

The Future Of Libraries Is Collaborative, Robotic, And Participatory
Libraries can survive these times of technological upheaval, but they're going to have to change—and fast. To look at the state of many libraries ...

Digitizing The World's Libraries Using Smartphones
What if every smartphone user on the planet scanned just one public domain book from their library?

Libraries using book spine poetry to spell out how they feel about their baseball teams
KANSAS CITY, Mo. You know the tension during post-season baseball is high when libraries start battling it out and using book spine poetry to ...

Resources last updated: 1/19/2016 7:49:55 AM