Excel 64-bit and Delphi 32-bit

Hi,
Any known issues with using Excel 2010 64-bit with a Delphi 32-bit app
(Delphi 2009)
My app uses the ExcelXP TExcelApplication object and nothing real
fancy. I basically opens Excel, gets a list of all the ranges, and
then updates the cells.
It works fine with Excel 2007 but I have one customer who is reporting
problems and he has Excel 2010 64-bit.
Also, is there a way for my app to determine if Excel is 32 or 64-bit
so that I can log an appropriate message.
--
Bob Small
0

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2366 Views

I think one the main points of the new Delphi 64-bit compiler was that it was required to be able to talk to MS Office 64-bit applications.
This seems to be a way to check for 32 or 64 bit Office:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2203980/detect-whether-office-2010-is-32bit-or-64bit-via-the-registry
0
Douglas
12/31/2012 10:40:50 PM
Douglas Rudd <> wrote:
>I think one the main points of the new Delphi 64-bit compiler was that it was required to be able to talk to MS Office 64-bit applications.
>
>This seems to be a way to check for 32 or 64 bit Office:
>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2203980/detect-whether-office-2010-is-32bit-or-64bit-via-the-registry
Hmm.
That seems a bit hit and miss.
What happens if 64-bit version of Office is installed, but without
installing Outlook?
--
Bob Small
0
> {quote:title=Robert Small wrote:}{quote}
> Hmm.
>
> That seems a bit hit and miss.
> What happens if 64-bit version of Office is installed, but without
> installing Outlook?
> --
> Bob Small
The info in the link said that particular registry item was set when Office was installed whether Outlook was one of the parts installed or not.
0
Douglas