32-bit COM server called up in 64-bit COM server #2

I have an existing custom COM server written in Delphi XE4 (sorry, no funds to keep up with all the new releases) and compiled for 32-bit platform. I now want to recompile this for a 64-bit platform. The problem is that this server calls up another server which is only available as 32-bit. I know it is frowned upon to mix 64-bit with 32-bit code, but this is the one allowed way of doing it. The 32-bit server is registered with the surrogate mechanisms provided by the operating system, so that the 64-bit a
pp can call the 32-bit server. I use the component import wizard to build the necessary import unit from the registered type information for this 32-bit server. The end result is an auto-generated unit that calls up vcl.oleserver in its uses clause. When I try to add this unit to the 64-bit server project, I get a nasty message that oleserver is not compatible with the current project and all sorts of mayhem may ensue if I insist on using it. I have pushed through and added the problematic interface unit
regardless. The 64-bit compile executed flawlessly and the server seems to be running fine. What are the issues involved here? When will this warning catch up with me and bite me in a sensitive place? Is there any workaround? Can I edit the auto-generated unit and replace vcl.oleserver with something else?
0
Kobus
6/30/2015 11:04:00 AM
embarcadero.delphi.ole 598 articles. 1 followers. Follow

32-bit COM server called up in 64-bit COM server
I have an existing custom COM server written in Delphi XE4 (sorry, no funds to keep up with all the new releases) and compiled for 32-bit platform. I now want to recompile this for a 64-bit platform. The problem is that this server calls up another server which is only available as 32-bit. I know it is frowned upon to mix 64-bit with 32-bit code, but this is the one allowed way of doing it. The 32-bit server is registered with the surrogate mechanisms provided by the operating system, so that the 64-bit a pp can call the 32-bit server. I use the component import wizard to build the necessary ...

Changing from 32 Bit Server to 64 Bit Server?
Hi all,we want to buy a new server but doesn't know which bitting.I've googled two days about this, and i found out that it should be a little faster then on 32 bit Servern but nothing exactly.Has anyone experience with running a webapp (32 bit) on a 64 bit Server? Is it fast as on a 32 bit Server?What about a 64 bit webapp on a 64 bit Server?! Is this webapp faster as compiled on 32 bit on a 32 bit Server?What are the differences? I know that you can run Framework 1.1 on a 64 bit Server and that you can run 32 bit webapps (with a little iis configuration :-))thanx for answering It all dep...

Disadvantage in running an ASP.NET 32-bit application on a 64-bit Windows server in 32-bit mode?
 Hello,My ASP.NET application has some 32-bit DLLs I can't change.  I've deployed the application to a 64-bit Windows 2003 server and I can get it to run if I enable 32-bit ASP.NET support.My question:  is this configuration worth it?  Or would I be better off just running it on a Windows 32-bit Server?  Even more specifically, can a 32-bit application running on 64-bit Windows take advantage of the extra RAM the machine might have?Thanks!Mike There's really no disadvantage in running 32 bit application pool on a 64 bits system.With 64 bits OS, the OS ...

IDM 3.5.1 Server 2003 32-bit and Server 2008 64-bit
Need some advice or guidence. Currently we have a 32-bit Windows Server 2003 server that our eDirectory server is running on. We just got a new box for one of our drivers that is a 2008 server and 64 bit. I have a couple of questions if anyone could help that would be great. 1. Can you connect a windows 2003 32 bit to a windows 2008 64 bit ? 2. The remote loader on the 32 bit side is 3.5.1 but on the 64 bit side it had to be 4. Can these two connect to each other and pass information ? 3. I am getting an error on the remote loader side, I don't have the exact error bu...

Delphi 6 com server on Win 7 32 bit computer [Edit]
I have a 3 tier Delphi 6 application that works well under Win XP. I moved the com server (middle tier) over to Windows 7 32 bit and ran it as administrator, with firewall turned off. The socket server is also running as administrator. When I try to connect the client application I receive error messages. The main issues is that the providers do not appear as available in the provider name property of the clientdataset. How can I make sure the the com server exe is properly registered. FYI: I did ru n the com server manually with the /regservice parameter first to register the com serve...

PB11 app on Server 2008 64-bit/Sql Server 2008 R2 64-bit
I have just installed my pb11 app on a Server 2008 64-bit and a Sql Server 2008 R2 64-bit. Unfortunately when running my app on the server, the database connection fails. I am using Sql Native Client in the app and the returned error message text from SQLCA was 'Sql Native Client is not installed' - but it was installed, although it of cause is the 64-bit Native Client, and perhaps that is the problem!?. I then tried to use ODBC instead using odbcinst32.exe from the SYSWOW64 folder to ensure 32-bit setting, but with no luck, the error message from SQLCA was 'T...

Moving from 64 bit to 32 bit server
We have Sybase server 12.5 (64 bit) running on Solaris server 2.8 (64 bit). The present hardware is E4500 with 4 Cpus (450 Mhz) and 4 Gb of memory. The size of largest database is 30Gb. The number of concurent users - 400. We are planning to upgrade hardware (SUN Sparc server), OS to 2.10 and Sybase to version 15.x. But at the same time we would like to change OS and then Sybase for 32 bit systems. What is the best way to make sure that 32 bit will be performing fine with the load we have currently on 64 bit server? Of course we plan to upgrade memory and CPU. Thank you, Emanu...

What are my options for 32-bit COM on 64-bit?
I know about Enable32bitApponWin64, but our admin has flatly ruled that out.  Apparently we invested in 64-bit architecture for a reason and he isn't prepared to throw it away for a graphing component.  Fair enough. I tried to use TLBIMP to make a new interop wrapper dll but so far no luck, I'm just getting 80040154.  Anyone have any suggestions, COM+ or something?  This stuff is a bit outside my realm of expertise but a link or two I should be able to figure it out. ty. try to check :http://dnjonline.com/article.aspx?ID=jun07_access3264...

Classic ASP (with COM) and ASP.NET 2.0 on Windows Server 2003 64 bit. Is it possible?
Hello,I have got a Windows Server 2003 64 bit that is running a Classic ASP application.The application uses COM objects (AspUpload, ChartDirector, just to mention a few).The IIS web site with the existing Classic ASP application is slowly migrating into ASP.NET 2.0 but in the meantime the two applications need to coexist.Everything works perfectly in the development environment (32 bit) but now that we are going into production a number of questions (and problems) arise. 1) How can I tell if IIS is running in 32 bit or 64 bit mode? 2) Is it possible to have a Classic ASP application ...

Upgrading from ASE (32-bit) 12.0.0.7 on Solaris 2.8 64-bit to ASE(64-bit) 12.5.1 on Solaris 64-bit
Hello all, We are planning to upgrade our ASE servers from a 32-bit ASE 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1 on Solaris 8. Could you please give what are the steps to be taken care and how do I start with ( Do I have to first upgrade to 32-bit12.5.1 and then upgrade to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1, or directly upgrade from 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1 ?). Could you also please point to some documentation (about upgrading 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1). Thanks RK ...

32 bit vs 64 bit server / client
Hello, Is upgrading a server from 32bit to 64bit (solaris 9) as easy as starting the 64bit server with the same database devices ? Does open client 64bit connects to a 32bit ASE server ? (sorry if these are easy questions, but I'm short on time to search for the answers) Thanks, Luc. > Is upgrading a server from 32bit to 64bit (solaris 9) as > easy as starting the 64bit server with the same database > devices ? This is method 3 of the 3 methods described in : http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=1012280 > Does open client 64bit connects to a 32bit A...

Moving from 32-bit to 64-bit database server
Hi, We have a client that's using SQL Anywhere 9.0.3 database with PB 12.5 application. They will soon replace their entire network with windows 64-bit machines, even the server. This is our first client that would move from moving 32-bit SQL Anywhere engine with database to 64-bit one. Is there anything in particular we should know about this? So far, our plan is just to reinstall SQL Anywhere 9 on the new network, but the 64-bit version, and copy the same database files over. Since client machines are also going to be 64-bit, we will reinstall SQL Anywhere 9 client...

sql server 2005
if my server (windows 2003 enterprise) is not an x-64 server..... should i deploy sql server 2005 32 bit? or is there still any advantage to installing the 64-bit? will microsoft still provide support if i deploy the sql server 2005 64 bit onto a machine not designed for optimization of the 64 bit app?  You need a 64bit OS to install the 64bit version of sql server.Silverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group on 32 bit os you can run only 32 bits application but on 64 bit system you can decide whcich SQl server woudl you like to install 32 or 64. you should install 64 bit ...

Problem with ODBC 32 bits in a Server of 64 bits
Hello, This is my first post in this forum, I have one application built in asp .net, through a ODBC connect to a external database (prinex). The application was running in a 32bits server, but the server had to stop and now there is running in a machine of 64 bits. The driver that use in server of 32 bits only exists for this version, right now i have to use the same for the 64 bits machine, i can install and configure the DSN (using c:\Windows\SysWow64\odbcad32.exe). But at the time of execute the aplicattion an error is displayed. ¿How can i solve t...

ASE 15.0.2 64-bit on WINDOWS SERVER 2003 SP2 64-bit Platform
Respected, gurus,..... For ASE 15.0.2 64-bit on WINDOWS SERVER 2003 SP2 64-bit Platform Is there any extra configuration or care need to take on OS side for the better performance of Databse. Sybase Recommended how much minimum and maximum RAM for above comfiguration. You have asked a very general question... I'll try to address a few questions... Give ASE as much RAM as you can up to the size of all of your data... The best place to start may be the performance and tuning guides last written for ASE 12.5.1... ************use http://infocenter.sybase....

Mobilink on 32-bit clients and 64-bit sync server
My admins are asking if we can upgrade the systems that our sync servers run on to a 64-bit OS. We are currently in a 9.0.2.3557 environment and are working on upgrading our clients to 11.0.1.2452. The sync servers and clients are on Windows Server 2003. The clients will remain on 32-bit for a little while yet, but I know they want to start using 64-bit for them as well. 1) Is 9.0.2.3557 64-bit ready? 2) Does it matter if the sync server is on 64-bit architecture and the clients are on 32-bit for either 9 or 11? 3) Does it matter if the clients are on 64-bit before the sync se...

64 bit client communicating with 32 bit Interbase 2007 server
Hi, I have the following set up: 1. Interbase 2007 server on a 32 bit computer(XP) 2. A java client application (2 versions : one for 32 bit(interclient for 32 bit) and one for 64 bit(interclient for 64 bit)) 3.DataDirect ODBC driver When I try to connect from 64 bit client(have tried it with both 32bit and 64bit version) to the server I get the following error: Chained exception: java.sql.SQLException: interbase.interclient.IBException: [interclient][interbas e]Unable to complete network request to host "java.net.ConnectException: Connect ion refused: connect". ...

Gridview/ObjectDataSource works on 32-bit server, fails on 64-bit.
I have a page that has a gridview bound to an objectdatasource.  It works fine on 32-bit systems, but fails on my shared webhost since they upgraded to 64-bit servers. Server Error in '/' Application. Object of type 'System.Int64' cannot be converted to type 'System.Int32'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Object of type 'System.Int64' cann...

Probable Stupid Question: Using 64-bit Code on 64-bit Processors running 32-bit Windows... #2
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to do 64-bit processing (probably by writing some assembly language code) when running on a 64-bit CPU under 32-bit Windows? As near as I can tell, one has to develop all 64-bit code on a 64-bit machine running 64-bit windows and the target machines for 64-bit code have to be 64-bit machines running 64-bit windows. What might be useful, if it is possible, would be being able to detect a 64-bit processor when running 32-bit windows and take advantage of that to speed up some calculations. DanH Dan Hale wrote: > Does anyone k...

Installing 32 bit OES on 64 bit Xeon SLES linux server
Hello, I am trying to install OES SP2 on a 64 bit SuSe enterprise server. This is to replace netware 5.1 we currently use in work. I seen little point using the full 32 bit OES with 32 bit SLES linux core with SMP Xeon systems which can be upgraded to 32GB RAM etc. Anyway, when I try install OES SP2 on the system (I am basically following how you would do it with a 32bit SLES linux ie. select upgrade and add OES method)it comes up with the fault that it cannot find the root partition. I was wondering if this is because the partition is too big? I could make multiple smal...

Supporting Oracle 64 bits from Windows 32-bits computers using datasnap server
Will a 64 bit datasnap server also support connections with 32-bits computers, or will it be necessary with a separate 32 bits datasnap server in order to support those computers in a mixed platform domain. It reminds me that even if the Oracle database is 64 bits, it can be connected still from 32-bits computers so a separate datasnap server dedicated towards 32-bit computers should be possible to include, but full bit-independent solution would be the best. ...

Which one to install SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition
 Hello,I installed SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition - 62-bit   on my Windows XP and I am not able to install it.when I click on the Setup.exe file I keep getting the error :" It is not a valid Win32 application"Do I need to install the SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition - 32-bit  ?Thanks.   What is your windows XP, 32 Bit or 64 Bit ? This error may also happen if your installer is corrupted, or not properly or completely downloadedPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps youBest RegardsBrij Mohanhttp://www.do...

Does 12.5 32 bit Open Client work with 64 bit Sybase Server?
Hi I have 2 questions for an application dynamically linked for Solaris 32 bit Open client 12.5 Sybase. 1.) If this app is running on a machine with 32 bit client libraries, will it be able to connect to a 64 bit Sybase server? 2.) If this app is running on a machine with 64 bit client libraries, will it be able to work (or will it search for 32 bit client libraries) thanks On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 17:13:08 -0700, user432 wrote: > Hi > > I have 2 questions for an application dynamically linked for Solaris 32 > bit Open client 12.5 Sybase. > > 1.) If th...

ASE 15.0.2
Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway) here, unixODBC driver is preferred. Thanks You can't setup a "remote server" to anything other than another ASE, ECDA, or any other open server product. In order to connect to an ODBC target, your only option is ECDA. "dbMethods" <dbmethods@nospam.com> wrote in message news:47e19f5a@forums-1-dub... > Is it supported? Anyone tries this, if so, could you post the steps and > comments. I don't want to use ECDA (gateway)...

Web resources about - 32-bit COM server called up in 64-bit COM server #2 - embarcadero.delphi.ole

Couple dining on Valentine's Day leave fitting tip for homophobic comments
A woman dining with her girlfriend on Valentine's Day decided to fight back against homophobic comments the couple endured during what was supposed ...

American Airlines Sues Gogo Over Slow Inflight Wi-Fi
Remember the first time you connected to WiFi on a commercial flight? It was awesome! But now, almost 10 years later, data-obsessed passengers ...

Samsung's Galaxy S7 phone may be water resistant
A Samsung video teases a Galaxy phone being used in the rain and with a wireless charger.

Sports Illustrated lets swimsuit Issue fans meet the models in virtual reality
Figuring out ways to innovate print magazines in the digital era can be tough, but Sports Illustrated may have cracked the code with its latest ...

Boutros Boutros-Ghali, first UN chief from Africa, dies
seattlepi.com Boutros Boutros-Ghali, first UN chief from Africa, dies seattlepi.com FILE - In this May 27, 1997 file photo, former United ...

Russia and 3 OPEC Members Agree to Freeze Oil Output
The country, along with Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela, announced a plan to hold production steady, a move intended to help bolster energy ...

Eagles of Death Metal Return to Paris for Concert
The band will honor the 90 people who died — and those who survived — at a concert hall during a series of attacks in November that killed 130. ...

3 Americans Kidnapped in Baghdad Are Released
Newsweek 3 Americans Kidnapped in Baghdad Are Released New York Times BAGHDAD — The State Department confirmed that three Americans kidnapped ...

Before and after the airstrikes: Photos of charity hospital reveal devastation in Syria
The death toll continues to rise after airstrikes hit a Syrian hospital supported by the charity Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières ...

LG details its mid-range Stylus 2 in advance of Mobile World Congress
LG isn’t waiting for the start of Mobile World Congress to show off the company’s newest stylus-friendly phone. The Stylus 2 won’t necessarily ...