Where is the students group?

No need for students anymore? :)

And if we really should change the server, why not change the name of
non-technical to "general".

There is no thing as non-technical, because that would be off-topic.

99% of the posts in here are technical :)

-Atle
0
Atle

Atle Smelvaer wrote:

> And if we really should change the server, why not change the name of
> non-technical to "general".

	The purpose of this group has changed somewhat.  We now have a
computer-industry newsgroup for messages unrelated to Delphi.  This
newsgroup is now for Delphi-related topics only.

	As for students, it was rarely used.

--
Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/
> {quote:title=Atle Smelvaer wrote:}{quote}
> And if we really should change the server, why not change the name of
> non-technical to "general".
>
> There is no thing as non-technical, because that would be off-topic.
>
> 99% of the posts in here are technical :)

Oh, really?  What's technical about your post?

What's technical about an inquiry about Software Assurance?

What's technical about a "Delphi is dead" post (haven't seen one yet at this forum, but I'm sure it won't take long)?

I suppose they could have called it "jumping to conclusions, griping, and kvetching," but that might have been seen as encouraging the wrong sort of responses.  ;-)
--
Rick Carter
carterrk@despammed.com
> {quote:title=Richard Carter wrote:}{quote}
> I suppose they could have called it "jumping to conclusions, griping, and kvetching,"

Hmm, has a catchy ring to it:)
--
John Frazier (Embarcadero Newsgroup Admin)
0
> {quote:title=John Frazier wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Richard Carter wrote:}{quote}
> > I suppose they could have called it "jumping to conclusions, griping, and kvetching,"
>
> Hmm, has a catchy ring to it:)
> --
> John Frazier (Embarcadero Newsgroup Admin)

Agreed. Can someone QC this idea? :-)
0
Ken
8/13/2008 5:26:08 PM
> 	As for students, it was rarely used.

The Google archive indicates delphi.students averaged 18 posts/mo and
cppbuilder.students 30 post/mo.
That's not rarely used, compared to some groups that were kept.
0
Benjamin
8/14/2008 5:05:38 PM
Benjamin Pratt wrote:

> > 	As for students, it was rarely used.
>
> The Google archive indicates delphi.students averaged 18 posts/mo and
> cppbuilder.students 30 post/mo.

	Right. Groups with so low numbers were candidates for consolidation,
though it wasn't the only criterion.

--
Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/
0
Craig
8/14/2008 5:12:17 PM
> 	Right. Groups with so low numbers were candidates for consolidation,
> though it wasn't the only criterion.

For d.students the numbers are low. Students ranked 32nd out of 98 groups.

But its really on the cppbuilder side that losing c.students creates a hole.
c.students ranked 8th in activity out of 43 groups, just behind
c.vcl.components.writing
0
Benjamin
8/14/2008 5:27:46 PM
Benjamin Pratt wrote:

> For d.students the numbers are low. Students ranked 32nd out of 98
> groups.

FWIW, Google's stats are not accurate. I'm still listed as a top poster
here in non-tech, and there's no way that's true.

--
John Kaster http://blogs.codegear.com/johnk
CodeGear Developer Network: http://dn.codegear.com
>> 99% of the posts in here are technical :)
>
> Oh, really?  What's technical about your post?
>
> What's technical about an inquiry about Software Assurance?
>
> What's technical about a "Delphi is dead" post (haven't seen one yet at
> this forum, but I'm sure it won't take long)?
>
> I suppose they could have called it "jumping to conclusions, griping, and
> kvetching," but that might have been seen as encouraging the wrong sort of

Well, my post was technical to the newgroup matter. A software assurance
post could be technical to the lisence matter etc. But I agree, there is are
posts here that's could not be considered technical, and the 99% was off
target. But my point still is the same, usually people have technical
questions here regarding all aspects of the product. So it's more of a
"general" newsgroup than a "non-technical" one.

-Atle
0
Atle

How to list groups and group members from Delphi
Sorry if this is the wrong group but I could not find anything that was obviously more appropriate. I need to be able to list the groups and the members of each group on a Netware server using a Delphi program. Can anyone point me to information on how to do this? Note that the only thing I know about Netware is how to spell it so I need the answer for dummies. :) Thanks. -- ..Bill. On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 15:15:35 -0800, Bill <no@no.com> wrote: > Sorry if this is the wrong group but I could not find anything that wa= s > obviously more appropriate. I need to be able ...

here's a tech question for non-tech
I have not had occasion to want to do this before, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me. I have an app built in D7, and it's rather complex in its functionality. Is it possible to rebuild the app to run as a service? Would that require separating the user interface from the app? Thanks, Bill William Meyer wrote on 4/22/2010 : > I have not had occasion to want to do this before, so I'm hoping > someone can enlighten me. I have an app built in D7, and it's rather > complex in its functionality. Is it possible to rebuild the app to run > as a service?...

Groups of groups
I need to add groups of users to a new group. Is there a way or workaround to do this? A customer is telling me that you can do in AD... Thanks Miguel Cando, Yes AD can do nested groups but eDirectory can't. One way to get around it is to use Dynamic Groups or create a new container and place the objects in there instead if possible. In all my years I've never had the need for nested groups. -- ___________________________________________ Niclas Ekstedt, CNA/CNE/CNS/CLS Network Consultant/NSC Sysop InfraSystems Solutions There is no "group of groups&quo...

Promoting Delphi to Students
In light of all the discussion we've had over the years about the need for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero to promote Delphi among students, and the various approaches put forth, I found these posts interesting: http://blog.xamarin.com/xamarin-for-students/ http://blog.xamarin.com/xamarin-is-coming-to-a-campus-near-you/ Brad. I'd like to see Embarcadero get in on something like this: https://www.edx.org/press/edx-collaborates-microsoft-launch-it ...

I know this is a Delphi group.. but...
The JBuilder groups seems so quiet that Im not sure they actually are alive... and Im too lazy to find out ;) I got a message regarding JBuilder... that it soon will be impossible to download it (in 2 days)... whats happening? -- best regards Kim Madsen TeamC4D www.components4developers.com The best components for the best developers High availability, high performance loosely coupled n-tier products Kim Madsen wrote: > I got a message regarding JBuilder... that it soon will be impossible > to download it (in 2 days)... whats happening? Only older versions...

Delphi Facebook group
Just wanted to mention that if I could need your support on facebook. I have started a group today called "Delphi Developer", more or less in protest to the other groups who create an image of Delphi as a dead language (boy do we have some surprices for you). Please join the group to show your support for the Delphi language. I want that group to be the best group for programming in 2011 - help make this a reality! http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=137012246341854&ref=mf Cheers Jon Lennart Aasenden Jolead media, Norway "Jon Lennart Aasenden" &...

Testing Non-Tech
I haven't seen anything for three days in this group! -- Q 01/24/2014 15:15:19 1.19.1.372 [Q'sBrokenToolBar] [Running on TQ] Quentin Correll wrote: > I haven't seen anything for three days in this group! How can that be? You replied to a post from Nick in thread "Test the best" today. -- Arno Arno, | How can that be? You replied to a post from Nick in thread | "Test the best" today. Strangely enough, I could post. <g> But I wasn't sure about that since XN didn't "receive" anything until I did ...

Student to Student filtering?
School would like to filter "the bad stuff" being sent from person to person within the same GW system. Is there a solution to set a filter at the POA level? Thanks! I do not believe that there is a filtering system today, but there are logging systems (Nexic Discovery) I believe that Omni-TS.com and GWAVA.com are both working on filtering systems which should be available before the year end. Tim On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 17:44:43 GMT, pcroberts@myrealbox.com wrote: >School would like to filter "the bad stuff" being sent from person to >person wit...

group member of group
Is it possible to assign a group membership in another group like with Microsoft? This would be useful when assigning file systems rights. I have tried making ou's members of groups but the ou does not inherit the file system rights. No - not the way you want to use it. A group can't be a member of another group. You must assign the rights to multiply groups or at OU level. Actualy you can make a group a member of a dynmic group - but file rights assigned to dynamic group is not supported by the file system because it depend on the 'memberOf' attribute on the ...

group by if groups overlap
What's the way to go if you want to use group by, but the groups overlap. For example: Get the orders if the order date between 2009-01-01 till 2009-01-31 2009-01-01 till 2009-03-31 2009-01-01 till 2009-12-31 Thanks Eric On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 09:40:01 +0200, Ontsnapt <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote: > What's the way to go if you want to use group by, but the groups > overlap. For example: > > Get the orders if the order date between > 2009-01-01 till 2009-01-31 > 2009-01-01 till 2009-03-31 > 2009-01-01 till 2009-12-31 you create a t...

Groups within Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if there are plans to enable groups to be members of other groups? It would be so handy! The facility's been available in the Lotus Domino directory for as long as I can remember, and I think it's even possible in <shudder> active directory. Thanks, Iain On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:52:17 +0000, Iain McLaren wrote: Yes both Domino and AD has this feature, NDS/eDir doesn't. AFAIK, the issue is the security equivalences nested groups means that you have transitive rights, which NDS/eDir doesn't support. However IIRC, you can do s...

join group...which group?
Looking at: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Tech/XPCOM the newsgroup, mailing list, google group, these are all supposed to mirror each other? I'm on the mozilla firefox newsgroup, but mozilla.dev.tech.xpcom is mostly dead, at least recently. Is this google groups mailing list available on gmane, perhaps? gmane.comp.mozilla.devel.xpcom looks like the right group, but it's dead, too. It says that it's a gateway to mozilla-xpcom@mozilla.org, but that's probably broken, I'm guessing. I haven't looked at that mailing list archives, how...

Groups which a group is a member of
I'm trying to script an output which would tell me the groups which a group is a member of. Does anyone know where I would look for this one? If you have the distinguishedName of the group, you can search the ad for groups that have the attribute member set to this value.So your filter would be:(&(objectClass=group)(member=<dn_of_group>))Here's an article on CodeProject that explains searching with DirectoryServices:Querying Active Directory using .NET classes and LDAP queries If this post was useful to you, please mark it as answer. Thank you!...

groups within groups
Does the latest Tbird allow groups to be contained within other groups? Bill On 23.05.2014 11:11, William S Krol wrote: --- Original Message --- > Does the latest Tbird allow groups to be contained > within other groups? > Bill Do you have an example? Could it be a feature of the particular groups sofware? -- Jay Garcia - www.ufaq.org - Netscape - Firefox - SeaMonkey - Thunderbird Mozilla Contribute Coordinator Team - www.mozilla.org/contribute/ Mozilla Mozillian Member - www.mozillians.org Mozilla Contributor Member - www.mozilla.org/credits/ On 23.05.2014 ...

Web resources about - Where is the students group? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Student - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A student (Also Pupil) is a learner, or someone who attends an educational institution. In some nations, the English term (or its cognate in ...

Privacy groups say Google has rigged Chromebooks to track students
The Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission on Tuesday alleging that Google is collecting student ...

Google has been spying on students who use its Chromebooks and apps in school, claims the EFF
Google has allegedly been tracking search histories and other personal information from students, says a new complaint filed by The Electronic ...

Squirrel invades kindergarten classroom; bites teacher, student
City officials say there's been a spike in squirrel attacks in recent weeks, perhaps due to humans who try to feed them

Data Shows Borrowers With Less Student Loan Debt More Likely To Default
When you hear about someone defaulting on their student loans, you might assume this borrower took out several tens of thousands of dollars to ...

Google breaks promise to not collect student data
Google has been accused of breaking its student privacy pledge by collecting data and browsing habits from Chromebooks used in schools and Google ...

Students At N.Y. School Demand Censorship, Gender-Neutral Pronouns
'Hamilton administrators are definitely aware of some of the free speech problems going on'

Google Denies That It Collects, Tracks Student Data
The Electronic Frontier Foundation filed a complaint with the FTC accusing Google of deceptively collecting data on school children. Google denies ...

Advocacy Group Says Google Is Wrongly Tracking Young Students
... has filed a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission that claims Google is collecting data about elementary and junior high school students' ...

Google Claims Innocence In Accusations That It Deceptively Collects Student Data
The tech giant denies the privacy violation allegations brought against it by the EFF.