Hello,
we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products:
UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER
UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS
UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX
RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG
UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC
UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX
UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS
UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX
What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use it on 2 or 3 virtual machines. For now, i am the only one using the IDE, but maybe there will come someone in the future.
And how does that Upgrade work? Do i get a CD to install Delphi 2010 and have to insert the Delphi 2005 CD during installation to verify? That's the way i know it from other software.
It would be really nice, if someone would answer me and tell me which product i need.
Yours Martin
Edited by: Martin Weber on Nov 11, 2009 2:27 AM
0
Martin
11/11/2009 10:27:51 AM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.non-tech
📃 5933 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 11 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2016 Views

> {quote:title=Martin Weber wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products:
>
> UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER
> UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS
> UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX
> RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG
> UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC
> UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX
> UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS
> UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX
>
> What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use it on 2 or 3 virtual machines. For now, i am the only one using the IDE, but maybe there will come someone in the future.
>
> And how does that Upgrade work? Do i get a CD to install Delphi 2010 and have to insert the Delphi 2005 CD during installation to verify? That's the way i know it from other software.
>
> It would be really nice, if someone would answer me and tell me which product i need.
>
> Yours Martin
>
> Edited by: Martin Weber on Nov 11, 2009 2:27 AM
Suggest you need RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG for the most flexibility.
I recently upgraded from D7 to D10 and I had to supply the serial number from the original D7. The product was then supplied electronically with serial numbers etc. but it did not need to use the original D7 disk.
Hope this is helpful.
0
Jeffrey
11/11/2009 11:22:42 AM
> {quote:title=BEC Systems Director wrote:}{quote}
> Suggest you need RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG for the most flexibility.
>
> I recently upgraded from D7 to D10 and I had to supply the serial number from the original D7. The product was then supplied electronically with serial numbers etc. but it did not need to use the original D7 disk.
>
> Hope this is helpful.
Actually, i don't know if we need the RAD Studio, since it contains all parts(Delphi, Delphi Prism, etc).
We just use Delphi.
But what is that with "Named User"?
Edited by: Martin Weber on Nov 11, 2009 6:13 AM
0
Martin
11/11/2009 2:13:41 PM
Martin Weber wrote:
> But what is that with "Named User"?
You assign the license to a single named user, i.e. the developer who
will use the product and to whom the license and installation is
registered. In order to use the Upgrade, I presume you will have to
register your copy of Delphi 2010 to the same named user to whom you
registered your copy of Delphi 2005.
0
Utf
11/11/2009 2:58:36 PM
> {quote:title=Henrick Hellström wrote:}{quote}
> Martin Weber wrote:
> > But what is that with "Named User"?
>
> You assign the license to a single named user, i.e. the developer who
> will use the product and to whom the license and installation is
> registered. In order to use the Upgrade, I presume you will have to
> register your copy of Delphi 2010 to the same named user to whom you
> registered your copy of Delphi 2005.
great, the user it was registered to, leaved our company 2 years ago >.<
But the license is the company's license, can't be that it must be registered to an employee of the company...
0
Martin
11/12/2009 7:08:55 AM
Martin Weber wrote:
> great, the user it was registered to, leaved our company 2 years ago
> >.< But the license is the company's license, can't be that it must
> be registered to an employee of the company...
That isn't a problem.  Get the upgrade and register it to the account
that you use now.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Development Manager
> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
> Martin Weber wrote:
>
> > great, the user it was registered to, leaved our company 2 years ago
> > >.< But the license is the company's license, can't be that it must
> > be registered to an employee of the company...
>
> That isn't a problem.  Get the upgrade and register it to the account
> that you use now.
>
> --
> Nick Hodges
> Delphi Development Manager
> Embarcadero Technologies
Thanks a lot! But what is the difference between the Named User, Named User ELS and Named User Flex? My distributor recommended Named User ELS.
0
Martin
11/12/2009 11:16:47 AM
Martin Weber wrote:
>  Named User, Named User ELS and Named User Flex? My distributor
> recommended Named User ELS.
ELS is the Embarcadero Licensing Server.  Flex is another licensing
server.
If you want to use a licensing server, you can.  But it would probably
be overkill if you are a lone developer.

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Development Manager
Embarcadero Technologies
0
Nick
11/12/2009 6:27:28 PM
> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
> Martin Weber wrote:
>
> >  Named User, Named User ELS and Named User Flex? My distributor
> > recommended Named User ELS.
>
> ELS is the Embarcadero Licensing Server.  Flex is another licensing
> server.
>
> If you want to use a licensing server, you can.  But it would probably
> be overkill if you are a lone developer.
>

> --
> Nick Hodges
> Delphi Development Manager
> Embarcadero Technologies
Thanks, so i need the one without servers, just the Named User License.
0
Martin
11/13/2009 7:21:53 AM
Martin Weber wrote:
> Thanks, so i need the one without servers, just the Named User
> License.
Yes, it would appear so.
--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Development Manager
Embarcadero Technologies
0
Nick
11/13/2009 9:15:54 AM
Oh one more question. How does that work with the update limitation for Delphi 2005 until 31th December 2009? What if i buy it now and install and register it in January?
> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
> Martin Weber wrote:
>
> > Thanks, so i need the one without servers, just the Named User
> > License.
>
> Yes, it would appear so.
>
> --
> Nick Hodges
> Delphi Development Manager
> Embarcadero Technologies
0
Martin
11/30/2009 8:40:25 AM
Martin Weber wrote:
> Oh one more question. How does that work with the update limitation
> for Delphi 2005 until 31th December 2009? What if i buy it now and
> install and register it in January?
That will be fine.