strange dbgrid behavior in delphi xe2? [Edit]

hello everyone, apologies if this has been posted already -  the search function didn't show any result.
Anyway, I am testing Delphi XE2 and I imported my old programs. My test computer is a xp machine, 32 bit.

These programs use dbexpress to connect to a sql server database. I use a simple dataset + datasource connected to the dbgrid.
I noticed a strange behavior in dbgrid, with runtime themes enabled.

if I don't select dgAlwaysShowEditor, when I select a cell, a white box appears over there, hiding the text completely
if I select dgAlwaysShowEditor, when I select a cell, I can read the text, but the cell goes in edit mode, and that makes it difficult to move thru the cells using the arrow keys (because if the text is on edit, to scroll to the left cell I have to scroll through all the cell text).

Selecting the ReadOnly property doesn't help, in that the cells stays in 'edit mode' (sorry I can't find a better way to explain it).

I can disable runtime themes, but then the look&feel is so windows 95 and I'd rather avoid that.
I know it's not a big problem, but it's somewhat irritating nonetheless.
Am I doing something wrong, or does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks,
Leo
0
Leo

Hello Leo

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I am experiencing the same issue, and would be a lot easier than searching through the pages and pages of Google to find a concrete answer.

Thanks
Etienne

> {quote:title=Leo Paneo wrote:}{quote}
> hello everyone, apologies if this has been posted already -  the search function didn't show any result.
> Anyway, I am testing Delphi XE2 and I imported my old programs. My test computer is a xp machine, 32 bit.
>
> These programs use dbexpress to connect to a sql server database. I use a simple dataset + datasource connected to the dbgrid.
> I noticed a strange behavior in dbgrid, with runtime themes enabled.
>
> if I don't select dgAlwaysShowEditor, when I select a cell, a white box appears over there, hiding the text completely
> if I select dgAlwaysShowEditor, when I select a cell, I can read the text, but the cell goes in edit mode, and that makes it difficult to move thru the cells using the arrow keys (because if the text is on edit, to scroll to the left cell I have to scroll through all the cell text).
>
> Selecting the ReadOnly property doesn't help, in that the cells stays in 'edit mode' (sorry I can't find a better way to explain it).
>
> I can disable runtime themes, but then the look&feel is so windows 95 and I'd rather avoid that.
> I know it's not a big problem, but it's somewhat irritating nonetheless.
> Am I doing something wrong, or does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> thanks,
> Leo
0
Etienne
7/31/2012 1:14:25 PM
Hello,

>> if I don't select dgAlwaysShowEditor, when I select a cell, a white
>> box appears over there, hiding the text completely if I select
>> dgAlwaysShowEditor, when I select a cell, I can read the text, but
>> the cell goes in edit mode, and that makes it difficult to move
>> thru the cells using the arrow keys (because if the text is on
>> edit, to scroll to the left cell I have to scroll through all the
>> cell text).
>
> Did you manage to resolve this issue? I am experiencing the same
> issue, and would be a lot easier than searching through the pages and
> pages of Google to find a concrete answer.

In my legacy projects the "DefaultDrawing" property of DBGrids were set
to False when upgrading from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE(2), which lead to
a lot of display problems. Please verify all propery settings of your
DBGrid.

HTH
Achim
0
Achim
7/31/2012 8:07:20 PM
I checked and "DefaultDrawing" was set to True, I set it to false, compiled and reset it to True and it has now seemed to fix the white block issue.
I will continue to run a few more tests on the DbGrid to confirm that the issues have been resolved.

Thanks

> {quote:title=Achim Kalwa wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> >> if I don't select dgAlwaysShowEditor, when I select a cell, a white
> >> box appears over there, hiding the text completely if I select
> >> dgAlwaysShowEditor, when I select a cell, I can read the text, but
> >> the cell goes in edit mode, and that makes it difficult to move
> >> thru the cells using the arrow keys (because if the text is on
> >> edit, to scroll to the left cell I have to scroll through all the
> >> cell text).
> >
> > Did you manage to resolve this issue? I am experiencing the same
> > issue, and would be a lot easier than searching through the pages and
> > pages of Google to find a concrete answer.
>
> In my legacy projects the "DefaultDrawing" property of DBGrids were set
> to False when upgrading from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE(2), which lead to
> a lot of display problems. Please verify all propery settings of your
> DBGrid.
>
> HTH
> Achim
0
Etienne

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Keyboard language changes to default when editing a DBgrid with Delphi XE2
Default input language in Windows is English US. If I change to another language (in my case Greek) and then try to edit a cell on a dbgrid it automatically changes to default (English) either just by positioning the mouse on the cell or after exiting the grid. Same happens if default is Greek, changing to English and then editing the Grid it changes back to Greek! I tried to workaround by changing the keyboard at runtime with LoadKeyboardLayout(klId, KLF_ACTIVATE) but with same results. Damien Styloglou wrote: > Default input language in Windows is English US. If I change to > ...

New to Delphi
Hi I am new to Delphi & want to know good resources for learning to use it. Is there a list of good Delphi learning resources (books/online tutorials) somewhere? What recommendations can anyone make for someone new to Delphi (& only a hobby programmer at the moment)? A couple of weeks ago I started with DelphiXE4 trial & have Googled for a few Delphi resources but I haven't found anything very good yet for me as a beginner. I'm just struggling along trying to learn as I go! (I'm presently struggling with DragandDrop...see [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17232...

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Convert Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009 [Edit]

Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE2 paint order change
Hello all, I have a program here that does some very specific work in the paint handlers and requires that the controls are painted from bottom to top. This worked just fine under Delphi 2007 but now that we have migrated to Delphi XE2, it no longer works. Tracing the paint order, we discovered that there are cases when the bottom most component (the form for instance) is drawn last instead of first, which means that the painting code we do in the program gets a black area for the bottom most control instead of its background. This was observed with D2007 and DXE2 on the same c...

Move from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 and now failing
I recently moved from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 (combined with a new computer). The XML that is now created no longer accepted by the webservice. The specific steps I went through were. 1) Delphi 2009 with old pas file. Worked. 2) Delphi XE2 with old pas file. Didn't work. 3) Delphi XE2 with new pas file imported by Delphi XE2. Didn't work. The new pas file has the following lines, but commenting them out doesn't change the XML. { InvRegistry.RegisterParamInfo(TypeInfo(FaCSIADiagnosticInterface), 'Ping', 'Ping_Input', '&...

Delphi vs Winform
This might be a little techie, but I think most people here are familiar with Delphi to understand the difference between a TWinControl and TGraphicControl. I was trying to create a C# Winform project based on a Delphi prototype and ran into this problem which I posted to some Winform forums ... This led me to an *obvious* deficiency in Winforms programming. I'd like to hear your thoughts. My question to the Winforms forums describing the problem is copied below: <snip> Hi, I mostly do Delphi development but would like to start my next small work project in Visual S...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?
Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes. As far as I know that has always been the case. -- -Mike (TeamB) Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists peacefully with all the older ones. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com > {quote:title=Mike Williams ...

Delphi XE2 bugs .... [Edit]
Hello all, I was using D2010 (this is OK, there is some bugs but nothing really critical, just a bit annoying sometimes) , and trying XE2 now, but I have to go back to D2010 because XE2 has now critical bugs 8 This is a 1 million code project and 400 DFM project, I've been developping for a while (since D1 in the 90s'). I have errors with XE2 (I think bugs for sure) that I never had have before using D2010.. 1.> I have randomly during compilation error of this kind, no relations at all with the code : - F2084 internal error : U10142 - F2084 internal error : U10081 -...

Delphi RAD XE2 [Edit]
*Delete it, thank you.* Kevin Celador <> wrote: >I don't know where to post this thread. Well, either platformspecific.ios or firemonkey would be a lot better place than here, since your question is about those two topics and has nothing to do with Developer Network. - Leo ...

Hello, we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products: UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use ...

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

converting delphi 2007 code to delphi XE2 -- emptyparam problem
Hi, I am trying to convert my applicantion code from delphi 2007 to delphi XE2 and i got stuck in this error "[DCC Error] ADODB_TLB.pas(4888): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical". This happens when we use emptyparam as an argument in a function that wants an olevariant. Example: function TAcadDatabase.CopyObjects(Objects: OleVariant): OleVariant; begin Result := DefaultInterface.CopyObjects(Objects, EmptyParam, EmptyParam); //this is where we get the ERROR end; The coyobjects function as this signature: " function CopyObjects(Object...

Delphi XE2 Translation Manager is crippled compared to Delphi 7
Delphi XE2 Translation Manager enables editing only of the properties that were previously saved to the DFM file. That means only properties that were changed from their default values in the original source language form. So if a TLabel Alignment is taLeftJustify I can't edit or even see its value in the translated form grid editor. Delphi 7 Translation Manager enabled editing and viewing of all the properties of a component included in the form. It also enabled editing properties using the Object inspector. Am I missing some definition in Delphi XE2 to enable all properties ...

ShowMessage/MessagDlg wordwrap Delphi 2006
Hi, I have used Delphi 2006 up to now. ShowMessage allowed a long text without a word wrapping. Now with Delphi XE I notice that a migrated program shows smaller message window sizes and a previously carefully aligned message now appears wrapped and misaligned. How to get back to the previous behaviour? I'm not experienced to create my custom form, so a code snippet may help. Thanks, Uli Edited by: Ulrich Brueggemann on Sep 18, 2010 8:46 AM > I have used Delphi 2006 up to now. > ShowMessage allowed a long text without a word wrapping. > > Now with Delphi ...

Web resources about - strange dbgrid behavior in delphi xe2? [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Behavior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Behavior or behaviour (see spelling differences ) is the range of actions and mannerisms made by individuals, organisms , systems , or artificial ...

Behavior Design - behaviordesign.com
Behavior designs interactive systems.

Behavior Gap - Exploring the relationship between people and their money. Behavior Gap
Watch it now. Watch the latest videos by Carl Richards on money, emotion, and meaningful conversations.

Dog Behavior Tips -Dog Owners One Stop Shop and Tips
Come and get some free dog behavior tips. Training your new or older dog can sometimes be somewhat of a task if you are new to doing it. Let ...

Modeled Behavior
It is, more or less, the country’s primary check for determining how well the government is doing — and in fact what the government will be doing. ...

Online Behavior - Marketing Measurement & Optimization
This website is a source of knowledge for website owners and analysts looking to understand how their online customers behave . But that's not ...

BJ Fogg's Behavior Model
... In addition, he devotes at least half his time to industry projects and innovations, all of which focus on using technology to change behaviors ...

Plant Behavior
The Society of Plant Signaling and Behavior serves the community of scientists interested in sensory plant biology, signaling, information processing ...

Neutrinos continue run of odd behavior at Daya Bay
Results could hint at errors, sterile neutrinos, or something even stranger.

What's behind air passengers' better behavior?
Mile-high temper tantrums and abusive behavior have hit a 20-year low, thanks to a recent-day phenomenon