Re: Why use Delphi rather than Microsoft Visual Studio? [Edit]

Dominic Willems wrote:

> I am such a visionary. :)

yes, many of us have wanted this for quite a long time :)

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com

Why use Delphi rather than Microsoft Visual Studio?
Don't get me wrong. I like Delphi. Well, actually I cannot say that I do. I loved Turbo Pascal. I only recently (last year) started using Delphi and, admittedly, I haven't used it much; just played with it a bit. What I do use regularly is Delphi Prism. I am a classic ASP and ASP.NET build engineer by trade and the programming part of my job (about 30%) is all about .NET and Visual Basic .NET [note]. ([note] Visual Basic _is_ cool. At least it's cooler than not making any money.) I got into Delphi because of Delphi Prism and the (then) rumours that native Delphi would become ...

Cannot use Microsoft Excel when a Delphi application that uses automat. run [Edit]
Dear all, I built an application that connect to an Excel file using a OleObject: Excel := CreateOleObject('Excel.Application'); LCID := GetUserDefaultLCID; all works fine but I cannot use Microsoft Excel externally when my application is running. If I try to open another xls file, Excel tries to open the file in my Delphi application in read only mode. It does not even show it properly but opens a weir transparent application. I just want to be able to use Excel externally and I'd like the instance opened by my Delphi application to be independent from other Exc...

Delphi vs Visual Studio [Edit]
Hello, since 1986 we have dedicated to software development. Now we develop .NET , SQL, Delphi applications, like ERPs, CRM, mobiles, and hosting services. Since 1986 we develop applications in Delphi with Pervasive SQL, but actually exists a lot of languages and technologies, for example technologies from Microsoft. The company is going to migrate or build a new age of the applications, where the company wants leaving a model based in procedures and functions to a model based in n-layers. The company is evaluating if keep going with Delphi or moving all to C# .Net. We need to know the r...

Re: Salomon Sports uses Delphi [Edit]
On 2011-06-18 18:15:00 +0100, Enquiring Mind said: > The implication to which I was referring does not relate to the > applications that you were involved in. It relates to the relative > merits of Delphi Object Pascal and C# as programming languages. At that time, C# knocked spots off Delphi as a means of implementing complex OO frameworks *with a minimum of effort*. Yes, we could have struggled on to write the new frameworks in Delphi and, indeed, we did spend some time experimenting with templated code (to emulate generics) and circumventing interface memory mana...

Delphi 2006 product activation (re end of support for Delphi 2006) [Edit]
Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to activate my copy of 2006 on any future installation right? Edited by: David Howes on Jul 18, 2009 9:53 AM David Howes wrote: > Apologies if this question has been asked and answered elsewhere, but I recently got an email informing me support for Delphi 2006 was going to be dropped. I have mostly converted to Delphi 2009 now, but I'll still be able to acti...

Re: Delphi for the Mac [Edit] [Edit]
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote: > > <hides under desk as fire storm about TeamB editing other people's > > posts re-ignites> > > I was thinking the same. :-) -- Andy Syms Technosoft Systems Ltd ...

Can I use Visual Studio rather than Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer?
I am learning SharePoint and its capabilities. I am a developer and I want to know if I can develop functionallity including server-side and client side logic using Visual Studio rather than Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer. What is the difference? Is there a major plus of using SharePoint Designer?Victor A. Palma vicpal25:...I want to know if I can develop functionallity including server-side and client side logic using Visual Studio rather than Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer... Sure.  Sharepoint Designer is an offshoot of Visual Web Developer, with a little FrontPage tos...

New Tech Doc
Just passing on the information that we have posted a new tech doc discussing that talks about using Delphi with ASA. The doc is available at the following url: http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=1002208 SUMMARY: Borland Delphi is a rapid application development tool for Windows. Due to the increasing popularity of developing with Delphi and SQL Anywhere Studio, Sybase has provided a white paper on how the two work together, some common issues and methods to resolve those issues. This document will provide you...

How I can install Delphi Prism XE Help contents in Visual studio 2010??? [Edit]
Hello, *How I can install Delphi Prism XE Help contents in Visual studio 2010???* thanx for your answers. Edited by: Shuhin Ashayeri on Jan 6, 2011 1:36 PM For some reason this entire thread, apart from the OP, has disappeared from my newsreader. Anyway, Carlo recommended using the Help Manager in VS2010 to uninstall the Prism help, and then install it again. (I won't repeat the whole procedure here.) I thought that would fix it, but it definitely hasn't. I tried the procedure with and without "Run as Administrator" for VS. I installed the Help Viewe...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Re: calling a c++ function from Delphi [Edit] [Edit]
costa basil wrote: > Sorry, I posted it here because different people read different lists > and c++ guys might not read the delphi lists and vice-versa and I > want to pick-up all brains... And yet, it is not allowed. -- Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) http://www.teamb.com "This isn't right, this isn't even wrong." -- Wolfgang Pauli (1900-1958), upon reading a young physicist's paper ok, understood. ...

Re: Maybe is a new life for Delphi? [Edit] [Edit]
Cesar Romero wrote: > > This is not ad. Sparta is not commercial product. > > Any product announcement should be in 3rd party group, comercial or > not, that is part of newsgroup guidelines. Right. -Craig [moderator] -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

Delphi in Visual Studio
At risk of starting a flame war (please, let's not), for a long time I've disliked the Delphi IDE. To me it looks and feels clunky and old fashioned. I much prefer the IDE in Visual Studio. However, I can't use Visual Studio to produce native Win32 apps without learning the dreaded C++. Thus I remain a loyal Delphi user! :-) Over in delphiprism.non-technical, Sebastian Gingter mulls over this interesting possibility: "What about integrating the current (and new / planned) native Delphi Compiler from CodeGear into the Visual Studio Shell from Microsoft, us...

Web resources about - Re: Why use Delphi rather than Microsoft Visual Studio? [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Microsoft Corporation

Microsoft Cloud Partner - Home

Microsoft Hohm Service Discontinuation
Microsoft-Hohm discontinuation message