Non-Tech Postings Rejected

Testing...

Yesterday my posts to non-tech were being "rejected."

04/05/2012 09:16:20

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin

Quentin,

| Testing...
|
| Yesterday my posts to non-tech were being "rejected."

It appears that only my replies are being rejected.

04/05/2012 09:19:30

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
4/5/2012 4:19:56 PM
Quentin,

| | Testing...
| |
| | Yesterday my posts to non-tech were being "rejected."
|
| It appears that only my replies are being rejected.

This reply worked... so it seems that it is my replies in the
"wandering thread."

I guess it's ALL RUDY'S FAULT!  ;-)  I found this later on in the
thread:

"> I just wonder when someone will move this thread to the "Off-topic"
> where it really belongs.

I'll lock it, since it is really not about Embarcadero or Delphi
anymore."

04/05/2012 09:20:31

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
4/5/2012 4:22:58 PM
The new wind from the European Union:)

CIA -> NSA -> topped by Rudy.

Mike

> {quote:title=Quentin Correll wrote:}{quote}
> Quentin,
>
> | | Testing...
> | |
> | | Yesterday my posts to non-tech were being "rejected."
> |
> | It appears that only my replies are being rejected.
>
> This reply worked... so it seems that it is my replies in the
> "wandering thread."
>
> I guess it's ALL RUDY'S FAULT!  ;-)  I found this later on in the
> thread:
>
> "> I just wonder when someone will move this thread to the "Off-topic"
> > where it really belongs.
>
> I'll lock it, since it is really not about Embarcadero or Delphi
> anymore."
>

> --

> 04/05/2012 09:20:31
>
> XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Michael
4/5/2012 4:36:56 PM
Quentin Correll wrote:

> I guess it's ALL RUDY'S FAULT!  ;-)  I found this later on in the
> thread:
>
> "> I just wonder when someone will move this thread to the "Off-topic"
> > where it really belongs.
>
> I'll lock it, since it is really not about Embarcadero or Delphi
> anymore."

Yup, looks like mean 'ol Rudy got the last word again.  :^)  It's just
as well, somebody probably would have said something like "using a gun
on an intruder is like freeing and niling them" and we'd be on our way
to another record length thread...

--
Cheers,
Van

"Half of what I say is meaningless..." - John Lennon
"Your job is to figure out which half." - Van Swofford
0
Van
4/5/2012 4:39:03 PM
"Van Swofford" <jvsREMOVE@tybeejetNOSPAM.com> wrote in message

> Yup, looks like mean 'ol Rudy got the last word again.  :^)  It's just
> as well, somebody probably would have said something like "using a gun
> on an intruder is like freeing and niling them" and we'd be on our way
> to another record length thread...

Well, it would be nilling them for sure! :)

--
Wayne Niddery (TeamB)
"'Thank you, Occupy Wall Street. With your vivid example of anticapitalist
> ... probably would have said something like "using a gun
> on an intruder is like "f***ing and n***ing" and we'd be on
> our way to another record length thread...

LOL!
0
John
4/5/2012 7:17:35 PM
Quentin Correll wrote:

> Testing...
>
> Yesterday my posts to non-tech were being "rejected."

Not really. Only your postings to one thread were being rejected.
Everyone's posting to that particular thread are rejected, since I
locked it.

--
"People with virtue must speak out; People who speak are not
 all virtuous."
Quentin Correll wrote:

> Quentin,
>
> >  | Testing...
> >  | Yesterday my posts to non-tech were being "rejected."
> >
> >  It appears that only my replies are being rejected.
>
> This reply worked... so it seems that it is my replies in the
> "wandering thread."
>
> I guess it's ALL RUDY'S FAULT!  ;-)

As long as you don't blame your tooth-ache on me, that's fine.

--
"If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution."
 -- Emma Goldman
Lay Connaen Jeno wrote:

> You're in my bozobin which has a global scope. Sorry....

So how come you saw and replied to his message? <g>

--
"One doesn't have a sense of humor. It has you." -- Larry Gelbart
0
> {quote:title=Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Lay Connaen Jeno wrote:
>
> > You're in my bozobin which has a global scope. Sorry....
>
> So how come you saw and replied to his message? <g>

Superpowers known to not many.
0
Lay
4/5/2012 10:22:13 PM
this should be in  the
embarcadero.public.http403message.offline
group

;-)
0
Gilbert
4/6/2012 3:07:23 AM
Rudy,

| As long as you don't blame your tooth-ache on me, that's fine.

<chuckle>

BTW,... did you get my e-mail?  I didn't get a reply/ack if you did.

04/06/2012 10:01:13

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
4/6/2012 5:02:16 PM
Lay,

| You're in my bozobin which has a global scope. Sorry....

<g>  Uhhh,... then how did you see this post?  <chuckle>

04/06/2012 10:02:41

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
4/6/2012 5:03:13 PM
Rudy,

| So how come you saw and replied to his message? <g>

I just had the same wonder. <g>

04/06/2012 10:03:20

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
4/6/2012 5:03:42 PM
Rudy,

| Not really. Only your postings to one thread were being rejected.
| Everyone's posting to that particular thread are rejected, since I
| locked it.

Yeah,... I discovered that later,... much later. <g>

I had wondered for a few days why that particular thread hadn't been
moved to Off-Topic. <g>

04/06/2012 10:03:54

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
4/6/2012 5:05:06 PM
Gilbert,

| this should be in  the
| embarcadero.public.http403message.offline
| group
|
| ;-)

 <g>

04/06/2012 10:05:24

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
4/6/2012 5:05:33 PM
Quentin Correll wrote:

> Lay,
>
> >  You're in my bozobin which has a global scope. Sorry....
>
> <g>  Uhhh,... then how did you see this post?  <chuckle>

OMG! You pulled an Andy!

--
"A language is a dialect with an army and a navy."
 -- Max Weinreich

BTW,... you still haven't replied as to whether or not you received my
e-mail.

04/07/2012 09:47:13

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
4/7/2012 4:47:49 PM
Quentin Correll wrote:

> Rudy,
>
> BTW,... you still haven't replied as to whether or not you received my
> e-mail.

I must look. When was that?

--
"Everyone's values are defined by what they will tolerate when
 it is done to others."
Rudy,

| |  BTW,... you still haven't replied as to whether or not you
| | received my  e-mail.
|
| I must look. When was that?

04/04/2012 - 15:46 PDT.

I don't much trust the Internet. <g>

04/07/2012 13:50:54

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
4/7/2012 8:51:43 PM
> {quote:title=Quentin Correll wrote:}{quote}
> Rudy,
>
> | |  BTW,... you still haven't replied as to whether or not you
> | | received my  e-mail.
> |
> | I must look. When was that?
>
> 04/04/2012 - 15:46 PDT.
>
> I don't much trust the Internet. <g>

Looks like you have got lost in the Cyberspace too ;-)

Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija
4/8/2012 9:03:42 AM
Dalija,

| Looks like you have got lost in the Cyberspace too ;-)

It happens frequently. <g>

04/08/2012 08:04:27

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
4/8/2012 3:05:05 PM
Quentin Correll wrote:

> Rudy,
>
> >  |  BTW,... you still haven't replied as to whether or not you
> >  | received my  e-mail.
> >
> >  I must look. When was that?
>
> 04/04/2012 - 15:46 PDT.
>
> I don't much trust the Internet. <g>

Yup, found it.

--
Rudy Velthuis

"An empty stomach is not a good political advisor."
 -- Albert Einstein
0
Rudy
4/9/2012 9:34:59 PM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> Quentin Correll wrote:
>
> > Rudy,
> >
> > >  |  BTW,... you still haven't replied as to whether or not you
> > >  | received my  e-mail.
> > >
> > >  I must look. When was that?
> >
> > 04/04/2012 - 15:46 PDT.
> >
> > I don't much trust the Internet. <g>
>
> Yup, found it.

The suspense is killing me ... did you send a reply? <g>

--
Pieter

"Just because bulldozers are used to build highways doesn't mean
 bulldozers are the best way to travel on a highway."
 -- Danny Thorpe in borland.public.delphi.non-technical
0
Pieter
4/10/2012 12:46:34 AM
Pieter Zijlstra wrote:

> Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
>
> > Quentin Correll wrote:
> >
> > > Rudy,

> > > 04/04/2012 - 15:46 PDT.
> > >
> > > I don't much trust the Internet. <g>
> >
> > Yup, found it.
>
> The suspense is killing me ... did you send a reply? <g>

In order to keep up the suspense, I'll wait a few days before I
disclose that.

--
"Once all struggle is grasped, miracles are possible."
 -- Mao Tse Tung
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

>In order to keep up the suspense, I'll wait a few days before I
>disclose that.

That comment reminds me of a joke.

Q: How do you keep an idiot in suspense?

I will tell you tomorrow... ;-)

--
Nicholas Ring

11/04/2012 7:08:11 AM

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.347  [Portable ISpell]
0
Nicholas
4/10/2012 9:09:44 PM
Pieter,

| The suspense is killing me ... did you send a reply? <g>

Rudy won't tell yet, but yes.  ;-)

04/10/2012 09:34:56

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin
4/11/2012 2:08:15 AM
Quentin Correll wrote:

> Pieter,
>
> | The suspense is killing me ... did you send a reply? <g>
>
> Rudy won't tell yet, but yes.  ;-)

Killjoy was here!

--
"Every day people are straying away from the church and going
 back to God."

| Killjoy was here!

  ;-)

04/11/2012 08:57:16

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q'sBrokenToolBar]
0
Quentin

here's a tech question for non-tech
I have not had occasion to want to do this before, so I'm hoping someone can enlighten me. I have an app built in D7, and it's rather complex in its functionality. Is it possible to rebuild the app to run as a service? Would that require separating the user interface from the app? Thanks, Bill William Meyer wrote on 4/22/2010 : > I have not had occasion to want to do this before, so I'm hoping > someone can enlighten me. I have an app built in D7, and it's rather > complex in its functionality. Is it possible to rebuild the app to run > as a service?...

Testing Non-Tech
I haven't seen anything for three days in this group! -- Q 01/24/2014 15:15:19 1.19.1.372 [Q'sBrokenToolBar] [Running on TQ] Quentin Correll wrote: > I haven't seen anything for three days in this group! How can that be? You replied to a post from Nick in thread "Test the best" today. -- Arno Arno, | How can that be? You replied to a post from Nick in thread | "Test the best" today. Strangely enough, I could post. <g> But I wasn't sure about that since XN didn't "receive" anything until I did ...

Non-tech with a file copy question
Can I just simply copy or backup/restore my GW55 email/calendar/etc. files to another server if my original server crashed or I'm changing to a new server? I assume I would need to unload GW, but which files would I copy? Thanks. explain. you mean the whole PO or what. elucidate. -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell&...

Backup the GW PO (i'm a non tech)
Is there a way to backup just the GW55 files (database)? How about GW60? If so how? And, would it be a simple copy back to a server to restore the files. Thanks. Look up the GWBACK utilities. For 6.0, GWTSA works with most backup software. -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless specifically identified as ...

Non-tech needs help setting up CL2Site VPN
We have BMEE3.5 on a nw5.0 server. I want to setup the client-to-site VPN but don't know where to start. When I go into nwadmn32/BM setup & click the VPN tab, all options are grayed out. When I click details it says: "This is not a VPN server. Please use NIASCFG to configure it." Huh? What's my next step. Thanks, Russ 1. LOAD VPNCFG. Start there. Configure the server as a Master. 2. Be sure you have Client-Site licenses installed, or the NWADMN32 option for VPN configuration will not be accessible. Craig Johnson Novell Support Co...

Tech
Name: DCrane Product: Gran Paradiso Alpha 1 Summary: Tech Comments: testing is fun Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061213 Minefield/3.0a1 ...

Can resources be used to give non techs ability to change webform text?
Hi ThereI was wondering if it is possible to use Resources to give non technical users the ability to change text on a webform?  ie, if on a web form there is some text like "Please fill in your details below" and my project manager wants that changing, is there some way I can use resources so that they can modify these pieces of content themselves.This would save a lot of time, and also allow me to spend more time writing apps rather than making copy changes.I know the resource files are usually compiled into the DLL, so editing these at runtime doesnt seem to feasible.  Im sure i...

non
Name: control725 Email: control725atgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: non Comments: how i fix this HELP Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.13) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

non
Name: cool Email: coolestchampion_at_yahoo.com Product: Bon Echo Summary: non Comments: none Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20060321 Firefox/2.0a1 ...

Method cleaning tool for "Update 5 : internal error DBG878" in .d.non-tech
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_2f4f7.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" This is the source of a method body cleaning tool for Vincent V. For more information have a look at the thread "Update 5 : internal error DBG878" in .delphi.non-technical https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=192961&tstart=0#192961 Message-ID: <194400@forums.codegear.com> -- Uwe --JivePart=_2f4f7.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-...

Non-head, non-tail recursion???
Not specifically perl but I did steal the .sig from a perl-ish source ... Any suggestions? a Andy Bach, Sys. Mangler Internet: andy_bach@wiwb.uscourts.gov VOICE: (608) 261-5738 FAX 264-5030 "To understand recursion, we must first understand recursion." ----- Forwarded by Andy Bach/WIWB/07/USCOURTS on 08/02/02 02:26 PM ----- "To understand recursion, we must first understand recursion." Thereby demonstrating tail recursion quite nicely, as distinct from "GNU's Not Unix" which demonstrates (presumably) head recursion. Can you think of...

Non-interactive [non-UI] browser....
We all know you can include a WebBrowser control in a windows forms application to do some pretty neat stuff. I need the same capability for a non-interactive application..... Been struggling with this for some time...looking for any hists, pointers, ideas. A commercial solution may be viable. TIA David. What's a non-interactive, non-UI browser? What application or user-experience are you trying to create?Alister The application in question can be considered a type of automated browser. I am under strict NDA and need to be very carefuly about what I post on a board due to ...

What about non-DOS or non-FAT formatted floppies?
Should SR6_R01 be able to read diskettes created with slackware linux (nonfat ones)? I get an unable to read sector zero error with these. As we are on the subject of diskettes, I tried a level an IBM XDF format diskette (2mb on a 1.44mb floppy). It could only see the 393 byte section that dos could see. I am trying to find some of my 1.68 or 1.72 mb Microsoft DMF floppies to test. If Spinrite cannot use these natively, will Spinrite work if I load a device driver in dos for them? I remember such a driver existing and around here somewhere that would let you read these disks in...

Non Patch list or Non Patch report
We are a financial institution and we need to show examiners a report on what is NOT patched. Which is the easiest way to get a report of a list of IP addresses and computer names and a list of what isn't patched for each one? -- ddonahue22 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ddonahue22, I don't know of any simple way of doing this, and in any case how do you define "not patched"? If you define this by "meeting our mandatory baseline", then there's the baseline detail report, if you want a repor...

Web resources about - Non-Tech Postings Rejected - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

BART strike provides stark contrast to tech's non-union world
... Francisco Bay Area transit workers this week is a clear and naked display of union power, something that's probably completely alien to tech ...

20 Non-Tech Stars Of The 2013 Best Small Companies List
20 Non-Tech Stars Of The 2013 Best Small Companies List

Non-Tech Companies Emerge As A Critical New Market For Software Product Development Services
Historically, one of the main segments of the product development services (PDS) market has been software product development for independent ...

Translations startups targeting non-tech Japanese SMEs
This is a guest post authored by “Tex” Pomeroy. He is a Tokyo-based writer specializing in ICT and high technology. Translations startups like ...

Viking Global’s Top Non-Tech Holdings
... David Ott, and Brian Olson. The strategy is long/short global equity with a bottom-up stock picking approach. Below are its top non-tech holdings. ...

Non-tech companies can be great places to work, too
Companies from a wide range of non-tech industries are pushing tech companies off of Glassdoor's Best Places to Work list

Innovation by Necessity: 3 Non-Tech Businesses and the Technology They Created
... wearable tech , etc. — or they fold. But what about innovators who end up making new technology because they have to have it for their non-tech ...

From Amazon warehouse workers to Google bus drivers, it’s tough working a non-tech job at a tech company ...
... of contracting them from another company. But it continues to be a problem at other firms that aren’t willing to pay most of their non-technical ...

The Only Thing Lamer than Corporate VCs? International, Non-Tech Corporate VCs
... like the lie that a company won’t change once it has been acquired. It’s like a cat pretending it’s a dog. This is true for Valley-based technology ...

Non-tech retailers, no banks, and mobile payments, what could possibly go wrong?
In the world of technology, particularly consumer-rich mobile technology, we have grown accustomed...