Messy Help Conversion: Delphi 5-->Delphi 2010 + Winhelp-->HTMLHelp

Hoping someone can give me guidance on this Help problem...

I am a tech writer (not a programmer).
We have an old Windows App that was created in Delphi 5. The app used Winhelp, which was authored in RoboHelp for Word.
The help included context sensitive topics using mapping IDs.

So now we have upgraded to Delphi 2010.
And I have converted to Microsoft HTMLHelp, using RoboHelp.
That is, instead of an .HLP file, we now have a .CHM file.

What do the developer's need to reconfigure in Delphi? They have been able to get the new .CHM file to open with the app, but the help windows are wrong (huge windows to display a single What's This? sentence, etc.). And context-sensitive help is not working.

Thanks!!! -Dwayne
0
dwayne
3/24/2010 3:35:32 PM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.non-tech
📃 5933 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 1 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 873 Views

> {quote:title=dwayne lusk wrote:}{quote}
> Hoping someone can give me guidance on this Help problem...
>
> I am a tech writer (not a programmer).
> We have an old Windows App that was created in Delphi 5. The app used Winhelp, which was authored in RoboHelp for Word.
> The help included context sensitive topics using mapping IDs.
>
> So now we have upgraded to Delphi 2010.
> And I have converted to Microsoft HTMLHelp, using RoboHelp.
> That is, instead of an .HLP file, we now have a .CHM file.
>
> What do the developer's need to reconfigure in Delphi? They have been able to get the new .CHM file to open with the app, but the help windows are wrong (huge windows to display a single What's This? sentence, etc.). And context-sensitive help is not working.
>
> Thanks!!! -Dwayne

try
http://www.helpscribble.com/
very good very cheap