Limited Time Special on Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio XE2

<rant>
They did it again.

Because I am a long time Delphi user and a maintenance customer I can't
use this promotion. (http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41785)

All I get is: •Die übermittelte Seriennummer (XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX)
wurde nicht im vorgesehenen Angebotszeitraum registriert

I hate this!

I want the free goodies too!
</rant>

Not that I really need this software, but if I pay my annual fee, I
dont want to be a second class citizen. These promotions make me wonder
if a maintenance plan is the best choice.

OK, don't take this to serious (and give me my goodies:-)

Peter
0
Peter

What serial number did you provide - the XE serial number or the XE2?

Maybe it helps to take the serial number that is registered in your EDN Account.

I don't know ... and will not purchase but I could imagine.

If you want to have the free goodies without upgrading I doubt it will work, because the offering is for user who should be motivated to upgrade or purchase. I think it will be very much the same price if you take the Profiler or Rapid SQL alone, or negotiate a discount. If you have XE2 registered I think they will give you the Fastcube anyway ... I dunno. If not it's not nice.

Mike

--
Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!
Bunny @ Bugs - Shift + F7 - Insect of terror, face your faith like a man!

> Can I still get the free items if I purchased before this offer started?
> You can still get FastCube but the other items are only available for purchase during the promotion period.

Uwe Raabe
--
Uwe's Blog: The Art of Delphi Programming <http://www.uweraabe.de/>
0

Why should I read a FAQ about something I am not going to buy? This makes no sense.

> Read the FAQ:
Commands I don't accept and especially not from Germans.

> {quote:title=Uwe Raabe wrote:}{quote}
> Read the FAQ:
>
> > Can I still get the free items if I purchased before this offer started?
> > You can still get FastCube but the other items are only available for purchase during the promotion period.
>
> Uwe Raabe
> --
> Uwe's Blog: The Art of Delphi Programming <http://www.uweraabe.de/>

--
Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!
Bunny @ Bugs - Shift + F7 - Insect of terror, face your faith like a man!
0
Michael
11/8/2011 11:58:45 AM
Michael Thuma skrev 2011-11-08 12:58:

>> Read the FAQ:
> Commands I don't accept and especially not from Germans.

Michael, this statement of yours is actuall an unacceptable wording from
any nationality!

Anders
0
Anders
11/8/2011 12:05:17 PM
Damn.  It does not pay to jump in early.  You get all the buggy software
and no special offers.  I bought XE2 and I have not even used it yet.

Godfrey

"Peter Eckweiler" <peter.eckweiler@ehs-online.net> wrote in message
> <rant>
> They did it again.
>
> Because I am a long time Delphi user and a maintenance customer I can't
> use this promotion. (http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41785)
>
> All I get is: •Die übermittelte Seriennummer (XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX)
> wurde nicht im vorgesehenen Angebotszeitraum registriert
>
> I hate this!
>
> I want the free goodies too!
> </rant>
>
> Not that I really need this software, but if I pay my annual fee, I
> dont want to be a second class citizen. These promotions make me wonder
> if a maintenance plan is the best choice.
>
> OK, don't take this to serious (and give me my goodies:-)
>
> Peter
0
Godfrey
11/8/2011 12:31:25 PM
Anders Gustavsson wrote:

> Michael Thuma skrev 2011-11-08 12:58:
>
> >> Read the FAQ:
> > Commands I don't accept and especially not from Germans.
>
> Michael, this statement of yours is actuall an unacceptable wording
> from any nationality!
>
> Anders

I found it to be quite funny (and I think it was supposed to be).
But then again: IANAG.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfl6Lu3xQW0

Kind regards,
D.
0
Don
11/8/2011 1:27:14 PM
> What serial number did you provide - the XE serial number or the XE2?

XE2 registered in September. I was on vacation and used the free time
to play with the new version. Although not as stable as XE I moved all
my projects to it. Firemonkey was to tempting.

So far no real problems, but now the incentive one ;-)

Peter
0
Peter
11/8/2011 3:07:08 PM
"These limited time offers end Dec 30, 2011. You must register your paid
product and download your free products by January 15, 2012."

We did register our paid product before 01/15/2012.
0
Gilbert
11/8/2011 3:14:24 PM
Godfrey Fletcher wrote:

> Damn.  It does not pay to jump in early.  You get all the buggy
> software and no special offers.  I bought XE2 and I have not even
> used it yet.

Indeed!

OTOH beta testing is always funny ;-)
0
Peter
11/8/2011 3:18:54 PM
You think so. It's ok. No one from Sweden either.:)

But if you look at my Footer then you will maybe get it:)

Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!

vs.

General Anthony Clement "Nuts" McAuliffe (July 2, 1898 – August 11, 1975) was the United States Army general who commanded the 101st Airborne Division troops defending Bastogne, Belgium during the Battle of the Bulge in World War II. He is famous for his single-word reply to a German surrender ultimatum: "Nuts!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_McAuliffe

This has nothing to do with Uwe, Uwe is ok ... So let me correct the statement. Not even a bird (Raabe - Raven)  will tell a bunny what has to do or not. Now this sound harmless but is nothing better at all.

Because what he suggested in this case was a solid discussion in the fashion of what we call 'Integrierte Gesamtschule' integrated comprehensive school, read a a sentence and discuss about. Which is an exact observation of what a forum is about in General but not helpful anyway.

You are welcome and don't take me serious.

--
Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!
Bunny @ Bugs - Shift + F7 - Insect of terror, face your faith like a man!
0
Michael
11/8/2011 3:44:41 PM
But then you should have received to OLAP Grid ...

It it not so simple. I never had lots of money and in the 90s programming was not this important, we did networking and sometimes implemented the one or other helpful utility. These days there was a rule, wait until the patches are shipped apply them all and it worked. This was summer sales. EMB started to bundle tools ... this is in the last quarter.

I also would like to have the RapidSQL as well as the Optimizer ... Both products are very practicable and they would fit very good here. I think too maybe one free DB tool every year would make sense, they get the maintenance anyway. Because the DB tool maintenance is very affordable. This is a little contract with a small amount everyone can afford. We have no chance. But the Delphi components they usually ship.

Otherwise I don't understand the 'can' in the sentence Uwe provided. What I have found in the Delphi Solidaro Forum ...

http://www.facebook.com/groups/delphisolidario/

http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/28513 - The Download Link to the Cube library.

--
Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!
Bunny @ Bugs - Shift + F7 - Insect of terror, face your faith like a man!
0
Michael
11/8/2011 4:20:07 PM
Partially but not the way Andres experienced it.

You know we the hares are European, we don't care about borders. We do hard with internationalization, because we cannot swim very good ... :) also UK is hard to reach... What a pain.

Honestly the current situation does remind me of 'Battle of the Bulge'. The patches are on the way but the working ones did not reach us yet ... So the troops are late ... we want to move forward. All the other technologies try to fight us back. It's not so easy nowadays. But we will hold the line in this forum ...

Mike

> {quote:title=Don Delegate wrote:}{quote}
Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!
Bunny @ Bugs - Shift + F7 - Insect of terror, face your faith like a man!
0
Michael
11/8/2011 4:28:11 PM
Am 08.11.2011 12:58, schrieb Michael Thuma:
> Thank you, ...
>
> Why should I read a FAQ about something I am not going to buy? This makes no sense.
>
>> Read the FAQ:
> Commands I don't accept and especially not from Germans.

Ahm, I could say not what this tells about your character. He simply
forgot a "please" or he should have posted this as answer to the op's
post. But that answer is a bit harsh...

(better not tell now what many Germans think of people frome some
certain other country... ;-) )

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
11/8/2011 9:32:35 PM

>Indeed!
>
>OTOH beta testing is always funny ;-)

Really, well if you have time for that....

;)
0
Marius
11/13/2011 7:30:09 PM
On 08.11.2011 12:58, Michael Thuma wrote:
> Thank you, ...
>
> Why should I read a FAQ about something I am not going to buy? This makes no sense.
>
>> Read the FAQ:
> Commands I don't accept and especially not from Germans.
>
>> {quote:title=Uwe Raabe wrote:}{quote}
>> Read the FAQ:
>>
>>> Can I still get the free items if I purchased before this offer started?
>>> You can still get FastCube but the other items are only available for purchase during the promotion period.
>>
>> Uwe Raabe
>> --
>> Uwe's Blog: The Art of Delphi Programming<http://www.uweraabe.de/>
>
> --
> Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!
> Bunny @ Bugs - Shift + F7 - Insect of terror, face your faith like a man!

Really funny! Your name comes from Germany. Don't worry about that!
0
Ralf