I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, after i bought delphi 7

I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
1
Ivan
12/29/2011 5:20:55 PM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.non-tech
📃 5933 articles.
⭐ 1 followers.

💬 25 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 3427 Views

> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
"I embezzled some money from my employer, returned the funds, and then got it back as a bonus.  Can I still be arrested?"
Uhhh .... didn't you just confess to a crime?
0
David
12/29/2011 5:37:30 PM
> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
Is there any legalization rules of embarcadero products?
0
Ivan
12/29/2011 5:46:15 PM
> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
>
> Is there any legalization rules of embarcadero products?
What does the license agreement say?
(I don't think I've ever seen a license agreement that has amnesty clauses written into it.)
Why do you think you violated the license?  Were you caught?  Do you WANT to be caught?  Do you WANT to be sued?
0
David
12/29/2011 6:05:00 PM
Thanks David that you answer my question, my english is too poor, can you tell me where is written about amnesty in licence, thanks in advance
0
Ivan
12/29/2011 6:22:34 PM
Am 29.12.2011 19:22, schrieb Ivan Ivanov:
> Thanks David that you answer my question, my english is too poor, can you tell me where is written about amnesty in licence, thanks in advance
I guess nobody can prove you've initially developped the application
with a cracked D7 licence now that you own a valid licence and
recompiled. Or did you already sell/distribute versions of your software
which were completely done with your cracked version?
Greetings
Markus
0
Markus
12/29/2011 7:09:01 PM
On 29/12/2011 17:20, Ivan Ivanov wrote:
> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
So, you used a pirated copy of Delphi.
Do you really want any sympathy/help here?
No, is the answer.
Stewart
0
Stewart
12/29/2011 7:34:39 PM
> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
If you sold the source code just say you wrote it in Notepad.
0
smelly
12/29/2011 11:30:03 PM
Markus Humm <markus.humm@freenet.de> писал(а) в своём письме Thu, 29 Dec
2011 23:09:01 +0400:
>  Or did you already sell/distribute versions of your software
> which were completely done with your cracked version?
Good question.
"I sold it, after i bought delphi 7" may be interpreted both ways
Correct native-English interpretation would probably mean "i bought Delphi
and after that i sold the application"
But if to start from Russian and take into acocunt poor English of topic
starter, that may easily mean "i sold application. After that i've been
able to purchase Delphi"

And really that is relatively reasonable way of bootstrapping.
In Russia $800 is a heavy sum to be spent on one-time hobby, when $500 may
be quite fair monthly income.
And before application got really sold and brought money he could not know
would it turn out being a hobby or a business.
And yes, he just confessed the crime. Every attempt to legalize IS a
confession, and he made it.
Would he better keep it hidden ?
Please, make a distinction between denouncing his prior actions of piracy
and denouncing his current will to openly admit it and get legal.
You're disgusted by former, but you express your reprimand against latter.
--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
Don't mention it here in the forum. Call David I and tell him that you
are a poor sinner.
--
Roman
0
Am 30.12.2011 12:36, schrieb Dmitry Burov:
> Markus Humm<markus.humm@freenet.de>  писал(а) в своём письме Thu, 29 Dec
> 2011 23:09:01 +0400:
>
>>   Or did you already sell/distribute versions of your software
>> which were completely done with your cracked version?
>
> Good question.
>
> "I sold it, after i bought delphi 7" may be interpreted both ways
>
> Correct native-English interpretation would probably mean "i bought Delphi
> and after that i sold the application"
> But if to start from Russian and take into acocunt poor English of topic
> starter, that may easily mean "i sold application. After that i've been
> able to purchase Delphi"
>

> And really that is relatively reasonable way of bootstrapping.
> In Russia $800 is a heavy sum to be spent on one-time hobby, when $500 may
> be quite fair monthly income.
> And before application got really sold and brought money he could not know
> would it turn out being a hobby or a business.
>
> And yes, he just confessed the crime. Every attempt to legalize IS a
> confession, and he made it.
> Would he better keep it hidden ?
>
> Please, make a distinction between denouncing his prior actions of piracy
> and denouncing his current will to openly admit it and get legal.
> You're disgusted by former, but you express your reprimand against latter.
Hello,
I just wanted him to clarify things a bit and to point out that I do not
see the crime that serious when he should have sold the application
after buying a valid D7 licence and recompiling (his post indicates that
possibility, but we're not 100% sure of that).
It's a good thing that he could buy D7 now.
Greetings
Markus
0
Markus
12/30/2011 3:03:42 PM
> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
Yes your application is legal. But, what you have done (use a cracked D7) is yet a crime (but EMB have surely other things to do than pursue a cracked D7 user) . So my question is more "Why this guy come on EMB to say 'I used cracked D7 ?" and also "Where, in 2011 (12), buy a regular D7 licence ?"
0
phil
12/30/2011 3:06:08 PM
> {quote:title=phil prost wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
> Yes your application is legal. But, what you have done (use a cracked D7) is yet a crime (but EMB have surely other things to do than pursue a cracked D7 user) . So my question is more "Why this guy come on EMB to say 'I used cracked D7 ?" and also "Where, in 2011 (12), buy a regular D7 licence ?"
D7 comes with DXE
0
smelly
12/30/2011 3:20:37 PM
Am 30.12.2011 16:20, schrieb smelly jelly:
>> {quote:title=phil prost wrote:}{quote}
>>> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
>>> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
>> Yes your application is legal. But, what you have done (use a cracked D7) is yet a crime (but EMB have surely other things to do than pursue a cracked D7 user) . So my question is more "Why this guy come on EMB to say 'I used cracked D7 ?" and also "Where, in 2011 (12), buy a regular D7 licence ?"
>
> D7 comes with DXE
Yes, but he didn't say he boiught DXE or DXE2. He said he bought D7.
Greetings
Markus
0
Markus
12/30/2011 5:43:50 PM
Markus Humm <markus.humm@freenet.de> писал(а) в своём письме Fri, 30 Dec
2011 21:43:50 +0400:
>> D7 comes with DXE
>
> Yes, but he didn't say he boiught DXE or DXE2. He said he bought D7.
second-hand maybe ?
--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Dmitry
12/30/2011 9:13:14 PM
Markus Humm <markus.humm@freenet.de> писал(а) в своём письме Fri, 30 Dec
2011 21:43:50 +0400:
>> D7 comes with DXE
>
> Yes, but he didn't say he boiught DXE or DXE2. He said he bought D7.
second-hand maybe ?
--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Dmitry
12/30/2011 9:13:15 PM
Markus Humm wrote:
> Am 30.12.2011 16:20, schrieb smelly jelly:
> >> {quote:title=phil prost wrote:}{quote}
> after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my
> application legal or?  >> Yes your application is legal. But, what
> you have done (use a cracked D7) is yet a crime (but EMB have surely
> other things to do than pursue a cracked D7 user) . So my question is
> more "Why this guy come on EMB to say 'I used cracked D7 ?" and also
> "Where, in 2011 (12), buy a regular D7 licence ?"
> >
> > D7 comes with DXE
>
> Yes, but he didn't say he boiught DXE or DXE2. He said he bought D7.
You can still buy D7s, juts not from the usual vendors. They are not
necessarily illegal, just perhaps bought - in numbers - from vendors
that don't want to sell it anymore.
--
Rudy Velthuis
"There are some experiences in life which should not be demanded
> You can still buy D7s, juts not from the usual vendors. They are not
> necessarily illegal, just perhaps bought - in numbers - from vendors
> that don't want to sell it anymore.
i looked russian sites, they all offer D7 electronic license on two
conditions:
1) it should be bundled with D7 media kit
2) it is requested from Emb after money transferred
So those routes would probably anyway make you purchase XE2 license
instead.
I don't know if box versions of D7 existed and sold in Russia 10 years
ago, but for now there seems not be any box D7 left in stores.
So i think rather he got it as downgrade from more modern IDE (but why
then?), or most probably he got 2nd hand D7.
--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Dmitry
12/31/2011 9:50:46 AM
> {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
Why would the application you developed be illegal? Your USE of a cracked Delphi was illegal but the product has nothing to do with it (AFAIK).
Also, don't worry, EMBT is not going to go after you anyway.
0
Alexandru
12/31/2011 5:23:42 PM
MS is said to be in the position to figure out the VS the app was implemented with. At least they were said to be in the position to distinguish between an Educational and a Prof license...  But I don't know if it's true.
> Also, don't worry, EMBT is not going to go after you anyway.
:)
Mike

> {quote:title=Alexandru Ciobanu wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Ivan Ivanov wrote:}{quote}
> > I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled application, is now my application legal or?
>
> Why would the application you developed be illegal? Your USE of a cracked Delphi was illegal but the product has nothing to do with it (AFAIK).
> Also, don't worry, EMBT is not going to go after you anyway.
--
Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!
Bunny @ Bugs - Shift + F7 - Insect of terror, face your faith like a man!
On 31.12.2011 22:44, Michael Thuma wrote:
> MS is said to be in the position to figure out the VS the app was implemented with. At least they were said to be in the position to distinguish between an Educational and a Prof license...  But I don't know if it's true.

Distinguishing between SKUs is one thing, between a cracked compiler and
not is another. 99% certainty that there's gonna be no difference.
0
Alexandru
1/1/2012 3:06:32 PM
Alexandru Ciobanu <alex@ciobanu.org> писал(а) в своём письме Sun, 01 Jan
2012 19:06:32 +0400:
>> MS is said to be in the position to figure out the VS the app was
>> implemented with. At least they were said to be in the position to
>> distinguish between an Educational and a Prof license...  But I don't
>> know if it's true.
>>

> Distinguishing between SKUs is one thing, between a cracked compiler and
> not is another. 99% certainty that there's gonna be no difference.
Who knows... there seems to be watermark, dependent upon license number
http://blog.onkeysoft.com/tag/dvclal/
--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Dmitry
1/1/2012 6:33:55 PM
Michael Thuma wrote:
> MS is said to be in the position to figure out the VS the app was
> implemented with. At least they were said to be in the position to
> distinguish between an Educational and a Prof license...  But I don't
> know if it's true.
I'd bet Embarcadero can do the same.
--
Rudy Velthuis
"When you meet a worthy person, focus on reaching his level.
 When you meet an unworthy person, take a good look inside
 yourself."
 -- Confucius
0
Rudy
1/1/2012 9:13:12 PM
Ivan,
You've sinned, confessed, and done reparation for your sins (bought D7).
What's the problem ???  Get on with life.
Embarcadero are not going to sue you or send the heavy gang to rough you over !!!!
Hope your product is successful.
JF
<Ivan Ivanov> escribi&#243; en el mensaje news:431767@forums.embarcadero.com...
>I wrote an application and used cracked delphi 7, I sold it, after i bought delphi 7 and recompiled
>application, is now my application legal or?
0
Jim
1/1/2012 10:30:10 PM
> {quote:title=Dmitry Burov wrote:}{quote}
> Who knows... there seems to be watermark, dependent upon license number
>
> http://blog.onkeysoft.com/tag/dvclal/
SKU information is in the executable (Personel/Professional/Enterprise), but not license details.
--
Regards
Bruce McGee