Does Delphi XE run on Windows 8 64 bit?

I recently built a new PC after a mother board failure and now have Windows 8 64 bit in place of Windows 7 32 bit.
My Delphi XE (XE1?) is acting very strangely.

Does Delphi XE run on Windows 8 64 bit?

Norm
0
Norm

Norm Carlberg wrote:

> Does Delphi XE run on Windows 8 64 bit?

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.  If it doesn't, MS hasn't done
their job.

Nick
0
Nick
11/10/2012 3:24:17 AM
> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
> Norm Carlberg wrote:
>
> > Does Delphi XE run on Windows 8 64 bit?
>
> I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.  If it doesn't, MS hasn't done
> their job.
>
> Nick

No Problem.
Error in code.

Norm
0
Norm
11/10/2012 5:05:57 AM
"Norm Carlberg" wrote on Fri, 9 Nov 2012 18:12:08 -0800:

> Does Delphi XE run on Windows 8 64 bit?

Works fine for me.

--
Brandon Staggs
StudyLamp Software LLC

Debugging running Delphi XE on 64 bit machine
Running on a 64 bit operating system and debugging in Delphi XE the whole application either freezes or runs very slow. Anything I should be looking out for? Tried reinstalling and no luck. Thanks I have this too (freezes during debug) on Windows 7 enterprrise 32 bit. Put service pack 1 on today - no difference. Runs a few sessions, then hangs. Have to ctrl-alt-del and log off - or sometimes it will let me alt-tab to delphi and (white window) click on the red x - then windows says "not responding" and lets me terminate delphi. Looks like I need to detach, but can't g...

APPCHASH
Hello, We have problems in executables (APPCRASH) generated by Delphi XE, running through Teminal Service / shared directory, and find some recommendations for the use of compiler directives. In case we are using the following: {$ SetPEFlags IMAGE_FILE_BYTES_REVERSED_HI or IMAGE_FILE_REMOVABLE_RUN_FROM_SWAP or IMAGE_FILE_NET_RUN_FROM_SWAP} So we need technical assistance to better understand the use of these directives, impacts and if there was any other alternative. ...

APPCRASH
Hello, We have problems in executables (APPCRASH) generated by Delphi XE, running through Teminal Service / shared directory, and find some recommendations for the use of compiler directives. In case we are using the following: {$ SetPEFlags IMAGE_FILE_BYTES_REVERSED_HI or IMAGE_FILE_REMOVABLE_RUN_FROM_SWAP or IMAGE_FILE_NET_RUN_FROM_SWAP} So we need technical assistance to better understand the use of these directives, impacts and if there was any other alternative. Edited by: SOFtran Informática do Transporte on Jun 1, 2015 12:57 PM ...

Delphi Program Running Under Windows 8 vs. Windows 7
If a program, created with D2007, runs fine under Windows 7, it should run under Windows 8, correct? It's basically the same Intel architecture, right? The program created with D2007 does nothing fancy - I'm no professional programmer. Installation may be slightly different - i.e., the installation program may need some modifying I assume, to install under Windows 8. I don't have Windows 8 right now, I'm just trying to gather some information for a client. Thanks Your program won't run only on Windows RT (ARM version of windows). On all other versio...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

Delphi 64 Bit released just in time for Windows to be 128 Bit ...
Ok - the title is a little provocative - but it might be close ;) This link is to an article the claims that the next Windows version will be 128 Bit. Which would be Win8 - and if not that version then definitely Win 9. http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009/10/microsoft-mulling-128-bit-versions-of-windows-8-windows-9.ars I realize that Delphi 64 bit should be out this year (or so I hope!) - and that the next windows is a few years away - but I hope the folks at Emb. are already planning for the 128 version when they do the 64 bit version... Bradley MacDonald brad_AT_tim...

Running 64 bit console application from a 32 bit Delphi GUI app?
I want to improve the usability of a 64 bit command line program so it can be handled by fairly inexperienced users. For this I need a normal Delphi program to have data specifiers etc, which in the end results in a command file for the console application. This is no big deal. The problem is the following: ------------------------------ 1) Can I start the 64 bit console app in Windows7X64 using the CreateProcess API like I am used to for 32 bit applications? Or are 64 bit programs different? 2) And if that is possible, can I somehow snatch what it sends to standard out (the co...

Occasional errors with 32-bit Delphi 7 application on Windows 7 64-bit
Hi, I have a 32-bit Delphi 7 application which was deployed on some machines with Windows 7 64-bit. The application occasionally displays errors such as: "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" or "Error reading Label24.Font.Ch: Property Ch does not exist" (here the name "Charset" was apparently truncated to "Ch") I checked how those properties are declared on the form where the errors occurred, and all seems ok: - First form (where "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" occurs): ...

Delphi XE application on Windows 8
Hi, I am using Delphi XE to develop my application. The app runs fine on XP, Vista and Win7. When it is run on Win8, however, the user says that the app always starts up with a small form size so he has to re-size it each time before he can use it. He also says that if he runs it in XP Compatibility Mode then it starts ok with the correct form size. I've tried setting the main form height and width in the OnActivate event but this makes no difference. It seems that the user can re-size the app but the app cannot re-size itself! I don't have a Win8 machine yet to test this myself...

Delphi App in 64-bit Windows
I have created a 32-bit app that runs and closes fine when run in a 32-bit environment. When I run this same app in Windows-7 64-bit I get a run time error when I close it. Is this known about as a general problem? Secondly If I want to install Delphi 2010 on this 64-bit Windows-7 computer, am I to expect any problems or will it just run as a standard 32-bit application? Regards Graham Am 19.02.2010 14:28, schrieb Graham Powell: > I have created a 32-bit app that runs and closes fine when run in a 32-bit environment. When I run this same app in Windows-7 64-bit I get a run time ...

Delphi App in 64-bit Windows
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_347d9.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Attached is the screen shot when I close the app --JivePart=_347d9.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl-- ...

Probable Stupid Question: Using 64-bit Code on 64-bit Processors running 32-bit Windows...
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to do 64-bit processing (probably by writing some assembly language code) when running on a 64-bit CPU under 32-bit Windows? As near as I can tell, one has to develop all 64-bit code on a 64-bit machine running 64-bit windows and the target machines for 64-bit code have to be 64-bit machines running 64-bit windows. What might be useful, if it is possible, would be being able to detect a 64-bit processor when running 32-bit windows and take advantage of that to speed up some calculations. DanH ...

Probable Stupid Question: Using 64-bit Code on 64-bit Processors running 32-bit Windows... #2
Hi, Does anyone know if it is possible to do 64-bit processing (probably by writing some assembly language code) when running on a 64-bit CPU under 32-bit Windows? As near as I can tell, one has to develop all 64-bit code on a 64-bit machine running 64-bit windows and the target machines for 64-bit code have to be 64-bit machines running 64-bit windows. What might be useful, if it is possible, would be being able to detect a 64-bit processor when running 32-bit windows and take advantage of that to speed up some calculations. DanH Dan Hale wrote: > Does anyone k...

Running Delphi program on Windows 8 [Edit]
OK, Got it working. Delphi 2010 compiles just fine for Windows 8. Edited by: Jeffrey Ottery on Aug 30, 2013 12:10 AM ...

Web resources about - Does Delphi XE run on Windows 8 64 bit? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

The Windows Blog

BlueStacks 2 brings multi-tasking of Android apps to Windows
... a bunch of essential supporting features, including taking screenshots, setting your location, installing an APK, transferring files from Windows, ...

Detroit's window is open: Jordan Zimmermann fits the 'win-now' timeline
... for both sides and greatly helps a Detroit team that finished in the basement of the American League Central capitalize on a short-term window. ...

The research firm that once thought Microsoft would beat the iPhone has given up on Windows Phone
Back in 2011, venerable research firm IDC made some waves by predicting that Microsoft's Windows Phone would pass Apple's iOS in market share ...

Microsoft brings Windows 10 to budget-priced Lumia 550
It's not the first Lumia smartphone to adopt Microsoft's new operating system, but the 550 is the lowest-cost one so far.

Windows tech support: Getting your PC to start
Your PC won't boot. Is the issue loose cables, bumped switches, dead parts? Use this guide to find and fix the problem.

How to fix Windows 10 printing problems
Thinking back, I can dimly recall that in the era of Windows 3.0, 3.1 and Windows for Workgroups, printer drivers could be particularly vexing. ...

Microsoft Courts OEMs With Windows 10 IoT Core
With the newly announced Pro version of Windows 10 IoT, Microsoft is looking to spread its Internet of things vision to device makers.