Delphi XE2 & FireMonkey 2011 results and 2012 plans

Delphi XE2 & FireMonkey 2011 results and 2012 plans
http://blogs.embarcadero.com/vsevolodleonov/2011/12/31/new2012/ (rus)
http://bit.ly/yiwsLr (en)

-- 
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Ciprian
1/24/2012 12:24:15 PM
embarcadero.delphi.non-tech 5933 articles. 1 followers. Follow

27 Replies
1011 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 17
Get it on Google Play
Get it on Apple App Store

"Ciprian Popa" <no-spam@no-spam.com> wrote in message
>
> http://blogs.embarcadero.com/vsevolodleonov/2011/12/31/new2012/ (rus)
> http://bit.ly/yiwsLr (en)
>
I wouldn't quite call that english. :)
0
Mike
1/24/2012 12:35:07 PM
>> I wouldn't quite call that english. :) 

>Have such a plan would be about a book like Bob Svorta, but in the Russian edition.. 
hahahaha, dr. Bob Svorta. 

To be honest.. I find it rather strange that international Embarcadero developers 
publish/blog in non English. It will exclude so many people reading your blog..
0
Robert
1/24/2012 12:59:40 PM
Hi Robert,

>> Have such a plan would be about a book like Bob Svorta, but in the Russian edition..
> hahahaha, dr. Bob Svorta.

Wow, my lastname has been pronounced and written in a number of 
different ways (from Zwart to Schwartz), but I never saw "Svorta", 
that's a first ;-)

> To be honest.. I find it rather strange that international Embarcadero developers
> publish/blog in non English. It will exclude so many people reading your blog..

And the translation is certainly not very native ;-)

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

-- 
Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42.com) Forever Loyal to Delphi
Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner  Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller Eurozone
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi paperbacks from Lulu.com http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
1/24/2012 1:44:23 PM
On 24.01.2012 13:35, Mike Brindley wrote:
> "Ciprian Popa"<no-spam@no-spam.com>  wrote in message
>>
>> http://blogs.embarcadero.com/vsevolodleonov/2011/12/31/new2012/ (rus)
>> http://bit.ly/yiwsLr (en)
>>
> I wouldn't quite call that english. :)

Tried the bit.ly link ? Well, google could perhaps do it better, but I 
think I got some out of it.
0
Alf
1/24/2012 1:44:26 PM
> To be honest.. I find it rather strange that international Embarcadero developers
> publish/blog in non English. It will exclude so many people reading your blog..

It's quite off-putting indeed.

And Google's translation makes it sound like a televangelist that would 
have been assimilated by the Borg:

"Resist the temptation to substitute their cognitive thinking process is 
ready for absorption by the absorption of ideas"

Eric
0
Eric
1/24/2012 2:03:32 PM
Hi Boba Svorta, (Боба Сворта)

>Thought to promote DataSnap
>Have such a plan would be about a book like Bob Svorta, but in the Russian edition..

The article and comments are more about Datasnap and
there seems to be a market for your books in Russian. (To promote Datasnap?!)

>Maxim Shiryaev Says: 
>A DataSnap is still just an extra layer between controls and SQL, do not do make almost nothing useful.
I think they really need your book ;-)
0
Robert
1/24/2012 2:12:22 PM
> To be honest.. I find it rather strange that international Embarcadero developers 
> publish/blog in non English. It will exclude so many people reading your blog..

Let me guess, you wouldn't be happy if it was written in Chinese either.
0
Chris
1/24/2012 2:46:00 PM
Flowery - it is a poem. I like such a writing style. 

Could be Axel Rudy Pell ... 
It's the Masquerade Ball, See the wizard fly, There is no tomorrow On the other side
-> When a Delphi project cannot be converted ... or Morfik V2 to V3 migrations.

Climb up to the stars, Through the winds of wonder, The evil's in despair
-> This is when one finally fixed it ...

In short - this text is 'Masters of the World!', (Sabaton)

We're a small crowd left to rotten, There's many answers left, As the pop is growing stronger, Will metal fade away?
Will we be broken?, Will we go down?

No! we'll never fall, We're the masters of the world, Get up! let's break those chains now, And party all night long

As i'm tweaking with my radio, There's disco everywhere, When i turn on my big tv, Is hip-hop what i plan to seek?
Have we been broken?, Did we go down?

No! we'll never fall, We're the masters of the world, Get up! let's break those chains now, And party all night long


Bunny

--
Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!
Bunny @ Bugs - Shift + F7 - Insect of terror, face your faith like a man!


> {quote:title=Eric Grange wrote:}{quote}
> And Google's translation makes it sound like a televangelist that would 
> have been assimilated by the Borg:
> Eric

--
Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!
Bunny @ Bugs - Shift + F7 - Insect of terror, face your faith like a man!
0
Michael
1/24/2012 3:32:55 PM
Maybe someone else who knows Russian could do a real translation?

W
0
Warren
1/24/2012 8:40:58 PM
> {quote:title=Warren Postma wrote:}{quote}
> Maybe someone else who knows Russian could do a real translation?

There isn't much worth translating. Just some generic blah-blah on how wonderful FM is and how much more fantastic it will be (no specifics given).
0
Andrey
1/25/2012 1:05:44 AM
> {quote:title=Andrey Ryazanov wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Warren Postma wrote:}{quote}
> > Maybe someone else who knows Russian could do a real translation?
> 
> There isn't much worth translating. Just some generic blah-blah on how wonderful FM is and how much more fantastic it will be (no specifics given).


I agree. Nothing worth anybody's attention.
0
Sergiy
1/25/2012 4:48:23 AM
Warren Postma  писал(а) в своём письме Wed, 25 Jan 2012 00:40:58 +0400:

> Maybe someone else who knows Russian could do a real translation?

i would not called that Russian either :-)

To me it looked like either computer-aided translation from English, or  
non-reviewed speech of a person, who did not talk Russian for few last  
years.

Truly, it becomes sometimes kinda reflex to switch to English when you're  
dealing with IT
Maybe the person there really typed in Russian while thinking in English
-- 
Mathematicians can be split into those three categories: those
  who mastered counting to three, and those who did not yet.
0
Dmitry
1/26/2012 12:44:33 PM
On 26.01.2012 13:44, Dmitry Burov wrote:
> Warren Postma  писал(а) в своём письме Wed, 25 Jan 2012 00:40:58 +0400:
>
>> Maybe someone else who knows Russian could do a real translation?
>
> i would not called that Russian either :-)
>
> To me it looked like either computer-aided translation from English, or
> non-reviewed speech of a person, who did not talk Russian for few last
> years.
>
> Truly, it becomes sometimes kinda reflex to switch to English when you're
> dealing with IT
> Maybe the person there really typed in Russian while thinking in English

IT#s always fun to write a text in one language, then translate it to 
another language, and then having a translating program translate it 
back. Quite funny texts. Especially if you use different translators >/(
0
Alf
1/26/2012 4:52:32 PM
Alf Christophersen wrote:

> IT#s always fun to write a text in one language, then translate it to 
> another language, and then having a translating program translate it 
> back. Quite funny texts. Especially if you use different translators
> >/(

There was a well known example going around in the late 70's where 'the
spirit is willing but the flesh is weak' was machine translated to
Russian and back, whereupon it became 'the vodka is strong but the meat
is rotten'.  ;-)

-- 
Andy Syms
Technosoft Systems Ltd

"...as hollow as the o in god..."
 -- Marilyn Manson
0
Andy
1/26/2012 5:02:41 PM
Andy Syms <asyms@technosoft.co.uk> писал(а) в своём письме Thu, 26 Jan  
2012 21:02:41 +0400:

>> IT#s always fun to write a text in one language, then translate it to
>> another language, and then having a translating program translate it
>> back. Quite funny texts. Especially if you use different translators
>> >/(
>
> There was a well known example going around in the late 70's where 'the
> spirit is willing but the flesh is weak' was machine translated to
> Russian and back, whereupon it became 'the vodka is strong but the meat
> is rotten'.  ;-)

Oh, don't forget MAdonna, who addresses once a public letter to "my  
Russian ventilating machines"
She surely meant "fans", but....

"...and i poked through the house" -> "...and to send to machine address  
of the firm"
Yeah, basic statements made their way into dictionaries :-D

and so on :-)

-- 
Mathematicians can be split into those three categories: those
  who mastered counting to three, and those who did not yet.
0
Dmitry
1/27/2012 11:21:49 PM
Hi.
It's just one sentence extracted from a context.
The idea was that in terms of MVC/MVP DataSnap still lacks. And if DataSnap would become ORM/OPF/"business layer" taking the [M] part of MVC/P it would be great, leaving to FM and legacy (?) UI part of VCL pure [C]/[P] part.
Now DataSnap is some sort of call-interface and data converter: Parameters-to-SQL, some non-SQL data and SQL result sets to XML and JSON etc. It's OK. But not enough.
IMHO.

> {quote:title=Robert Triest wrote:}{quote}
> Hi Boba Svorta, (Боба Сворта)
> 
> >Thought to promote DataSnap
> >Have such a plan would be about a book like Bob Svorta, but in the Russian edition..
> 
> The article and comments are more about Datasnap and
> there seems to be a market for your books in Russian. (To promote Datasnap?!)
> 
> >Maxim Shiryaev Says: 
> >A DataSnap is still just an extra layer between controls and SQL, do not do make almost nothing useful.
> I think they really need your book ;-)
0
Maxim
1/30/2012 5:14:05 AM
Eric, Robert,

>> 
>> To be honest.. I find it rather strange that international Embarcadero 
>> developers
>> publish/blog in non English. It will exclude so many people reading your blog..
> 
> It's quite off-putting indeed.

are you guys for real? the world does not revolve around the US, and 
not everyone is fluent in english (or speaks english at all). if 
someone takes the effort to write, how the hell can you fault them, 
just because they choose to use their own language (and maybe the only 
language they know)? if instead he didn't write at all, that would 
exclude so many MORE people from reading what he had to say.

mind. blown.
0
marc
1/30/2012 11:19:45 AM
> the world does not revolve around the US

Thanks for noticing, and while we're at it, the English-speaking world 
doesn't not revolve around the US either.

 > mind. blown.

pot. kettle. black.

Eric
0
Eric
1/30/2012 2:34:01 PM
>the world does not revolve around the US,
I don't understand what has the US to do with this?
Are you starting a cold war? 

>how the hell can you fault them, 
It was not about religion. I just said that I found it rather strange.

>and maybe the only  language they know
That's the whole point. I didn't expected this.
If it is like that then of course there is nothing wrong about blogging.

The reaction came also because of the subject of the thread.
If you read it and then that translated blog... It was just surreal.
0
Robert
1/30/2012 6:31:34 PM
> >and maybe the only  language they know
> That's the whole point. I didn't expected this.
> If it is like that then of course there is nothing wrong about blogging.

Er, why would there be something 'wrong' even if they could speak fluent English? (FWIW, I've no idea how good their English is.) A quick Google search suggests Delphi on the web is quite well served in the Russian language (e.g. http://www.delphifeeds.ru/, to take an obvious example), and surely it would be wise to cultivate that.
0
Chris
1/30/2012 10:39:46 PM
Am 30.01.2012 06:14, schrieb Maxim Shiryaev:
> Hi.
> It's just one sentence extracted from a context.
> The idea was that in terms of MVC/MVP DataSnap still lacks. And if DataSnap would become ORM/OPF/"business layer" taking the [M] part of MVC/P it would be great, leaving to FM and legacy (?) UI part of VCL pure [C]/[P] part.
> Now DataSnap is some sort of call-interface and data converter: Parameters-to-SQL, some non-SQL data and SQL result sets to XML and JSON etc. It's OK. But not enough.
> IMHO.
> 

DataSnap isn't about MVC afaik. That's where the new data bindings shall
play a role I guess. DataSnap is rather about RPC or something like this.

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
1/31/2012 8:21:17 PM
Am 30.01.2012 15:34, schrieb Eric Grange:
>> the world does not revolve around the US
> 
> Thanks for noticing, and while we're at it, the English-speaking world 
> doesn't not revolve around the US either.
> 

That's true, but the way US often acts makes it seem so (at least
sometimes, at least in my perception).

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
1/31/2012 8:22:25 PM
Am 30.01.2012 23:39, schrieb Chris Rolliston:
>>> and maybe the only  language they know
>> That's the whole point. I didn't expected this.
>> If it is like that then of course there is nothing wrong about blogging.
> 
> Er, why would there be something 'wrong' even if they could speak fluent English? (FWIW, I've no idea how good their English is.) A quick Google search suggests Delphi on the web is quite well served in the Russian language (e.g. http://www.delphifeeds.ru/, to take an obvious example), and surely it would be wise to cultivate that.

+1
0
Markus
1/31/2012 8:22:55 PM
I think Eric talked about the Google translation, at least I had understood it this way. With internationalization does come localization. With little luck at the referendum, we the German speaking parts of the world (including the U.S.) would dominate and a few people on an Island in the North of Europe would speak English.

Agreed, it is very simple for those who live in countries, focusing early on good English in school and at the university. In school my English had not been bad, but learning is not enough and without having the opportunity to speak/train a foreign language on a daily basis, it is almost impossible to write a complex text. At my time in school, internationalization was not on the list in Austria. We knew that there are others and a lot more, but a real need could not be observed for most of us. Maybe Fren
ch because of a good position as official in Bruxelles.

Maybe it is a good opportunity to fix this issue ... 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_number_of_native_speakers
Let's talk Mandarin, Spanish/Portuguese or stay with Google translate, the last option is better.

This does not change the fact that the translation sounds very flowery, it's so nice. This is Google Translate, also the translations from Spanish sound similar.

Nous vous prions d'agréer, Madame, Monsieur, nos salutations distinguées.
Miguel

> {quote:title=marc hoffman wrote:}{quote}
> are you guys for real? the world does not revolve around the US, and 
> not everyone is fluent in english (or speaks english at all). if 
> someone takes the effort to write, how the hell can you fault them, 
> just because they choose to use their own language (and maybe the only 
> language they know)? if instead he didn't write at all, that would 
> exclude so many MORE people from reading what he had to say.
> 
> mind. blown.

--
Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!
Bunny @ Bugs - Shift + F7 - Insect of terror, face your faith like a man!
0
Michael
1/31/2012 9:02:29 PM
Am 31.01.2012 22:02, schrieb Michael Thuma:
> I think Eric talked about the Google translation, at least I had understood it this way. With internationalization does come localization. With little luck at the referendum, we the German speaking parts of the world (including the U.S.) would dominate and a few people on an Island in the North of Europe would speak English.
> 

Afaik that's an urban myth.
And it wouldn't have had any effect on some other big countries in this
world, like India or AUstralia.

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
2/1/2012 7:19:01 PM
Eric,

>  > mind. blown.
> 
> pot. kettle. black.

huh? what are you trying to say?
0
marc
2/3/2012 1:05:21 PM
Ok, it has been a voting in the congress according to Wikipedia, but who knows, if not simple propaganda. Anyway, agreed. When I wrote this, I thought about the Europe + U.S.A + Canada.


Mike

--
Michael Bunny [Team 101st Hareborne] Nuts!
Bunny @ Bugs - Shift + F7 - Insect of terror, face your faith like a man!
0
Michael
2/3/2012 4:12:51 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Delphi XE2 / x64 to launch on 24 August 2011 @ Delphi Day 2011 Buenos Aires
Delphi XE2 / x64 to be launched on 24 August 2011 at Delphi Day 2011 Buenos Aires/Argentina http://twitter.com/#!/devstonez/status/96192928803848192 > {quote:title=Ciprian Popa wrote:}{quote} > Delphi XE2 / x64 to be launched on 24 August 2011 at Delphi Day 2011 Buenos Aires/Argentina > http://twitter.com/#!/devstonez/status/96192928803848192 Interesting. I don't want to read too much into the emphasis on x64, but it seems cross platform won't be in XE2. > {quote:title=Kyle Miller wrote:}{quote} > > {quote:title=Ciprian Popa wrote:}{quote} > > Delp...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2
Hi, Still using that old workhorse, Delphi7, but am going to the conference in London hosted by Embarcadero on Delphi XE2. Although I would like to "move with the times" and am keen to get the UNICODE and 64-bit support offered by the latest IDEs, I confess to being more than a little scared about all the UNICODE/String/AnsiString and 32/64 bit issues I'm probably going to fall over. Anyone recently upgraded from Delphi7 to one of the latest Delphi IDEs? Thanks, Alain On 03/02/2012 08:55, Alain Dekker wrote: > Still using that old workhorse, Delphi7, but...

ANN: WPTools 6.20 for Delphi 5 to Delphi XE2 & C++Builder
WPTools V6.20 is available now. If you work with Delphi or C++Builder our WPTools Version 6 is the perfect text wordprocessing component for You. It is a native VCL Component with all the editing features which are common to powerful wordprocessing applications and wordprocessing controls. With the PRO and Premium License you get 100% object pascal source. WPTools can be used as a powerful word processor and to create programmatically controlled text. It has a very versatile mail-merge feature which can be enhanced with the "WPReporter addon" to also work with bands. So it ...

Firemonkey app from Delphi XE2 -> Dropbox & iCloud [Edit]
Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2? > {quote:title=laureano bonilla wrote:}{quote} > Im developing an app for iOS and MacOS > > Is there any component or a way to connect to Dropbox and iCloud using Delphi XE2 For iCloud, you will need support for both iOS 5.0 and 10.7 Lion. I don't believe XE2 even supports the classes added with iOS 4.x, much less 5.0, although you can parse the iOS 5.0 UIKit and Foundation headers yourself: http://web.me.com/macpgmr/ObjP/Xcode4/iOS_5_Parsing_...

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

Ann: FastReport FMX for Delphi XE3 (FireMonkey 2) and XE2 (FireMonkey) released
Dear friends, Visual report designer is available now on both MS Windows and MAC OS X! Full sources. We can write here full list of possibilities, but it will so long. Let see FastReport VCL and FastReport FMX comparison table: http://www.fast-report.com/en/products/comparison-fast-report-firemonkey-vcl.html And all of this - just now in your hands for business-applications for Mac. Report generator FastReport FMX is the first multiplatform solution for including Business Intelligence into software based on Embarcadero FireMonkey IDE (Delphi for MS Windows and Apple Mac OS X)...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE2 paint order change
Hello all, I have a program here that does some very specific work in the paint handlers and requires that the controls are painted from bottom to top. This worked just fine under Delphi 2007 but now that we have migrated to Delphi XE2, it no longer works. Tracing the paint order, we discovered that there are cases when the bottom most component (the form for instance) is drawn last instead of first, which means that the painting code we do in the program gets a black area for the bottom most control instead of its background. This was observed with D2007 and DXE2 on the same c...

Any difference between Delphi Prism 2011 and Delphi Prism XE?
Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may. I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding? Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest. Thanks, Hi Dan, > Looking at the features in Delphi Prism XE, they look the same as the new items in the 2011 release back in may. I there anything new in the XE release? or did they simply change the product branding? Just wondering if I need to update it or now when i download the rest. See http://w...

What we need to learn as we migrate from Delphi 2007 to Delphi 2012
As we prepare to move from Delphi 2007 to the Delphi of next summer/fall, and 64bit some day, we are looking for a list of improvements to Delphi (from IDE to the language) that have been done from Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE, as well as any planned ones for the next version. We understand the daunting migration to Unicode that awaits us but know that we have missed some "new and improved" items where we have to get all our developers up to speed on that may not be related to Unicode. So, we will need to plan some training before we jump in. Is there such a list out ...

Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?
Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes. As far as I know that has always been the case. -- -Mike (TeamB) Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists peacefully with all the older ones. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com > {quote:title=Mike Williams ...

Move from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 and now failing
I recently moved from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 (combined with a new computer). The XML that is now created no longer accepted by the webservice. The specific steps I went through were. 1) Delphi 2009 with old pas file. Worked. 2) Delphi XE2 with old pas file. Didn't work. 3) Delphi XE2 with new pas file imported by Delphi XE2. Didn't work. The new pas file has the following lines, but commenting them out doesn't change the XML. { InvRegistry.RegisterParamInfo(TypeInfo(FaCSIADiagnosticInterface), 'Ping', 'Ping_Input', '&...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net
It seems that Delphi for .Net is slower than Delphi Win32 native applicaiton. I would like to know is it true all .Net application is slower than Win32 native applicaiton or it is Delphi for .Net only. Your information is great appreciated, Inung On 2011-06-21 18:20:17 +0100, Inung Huang said: > It seems that Delphi for .Net is slower than Delphi Win32 native applicaiton. > I would like to know is it true all .Net application is slower than > Win32 native applicaiton or it is Delphi for .Net only. If you are only running the code in the application once then, yes, yo...

Ann: X-platform report generator for Delphi XE3 (FireMonkey 2) and XE2 (FireMonkey) released
Dear friends, Visual report designer is available now on both MS Windows and MAC OS X! Full sources. We can write here full list of possibilities, but it will so long. Let see FastReport VCL and FastReport FMX comparison table: http://www.fast-report.com/en/products/comparison-fast-report-firemonkey-vcl.html And all of this - just now in your hands for business-applications for Mac. Report generator FastReport FMX is the first multiplatform solution for including Business Intelligence into software based on Embarcadero FireMonkey IDE (Delphi for MS Windows and Apple Mac OS X)...