Delphi XE2 database connection demo?

hello,
I have just come across Delphi XE2 for IOS mobile development, and i wanted to know if there are any examples to connect to mysql database on the cloud?
This i example if for SQLite (http://blogs.devart.com/dac/index.php/how-to-develop-ios-database-applications-in-delphi-xe2-using-devart-data-access-components.html)

i tried searching on the net but i could not find any example
can any tell me where can i get some examples for using mysql(cloud) with Ios?
0
Presley

Le 07/12/12 09:59, Presley Dias a écrit :

> I have just come across Delphi XE2 for IOS mobile development, and i wanted to know if there are any examples to connect to mysql database on the cloud?
> This i example if for SQLite (http://blogs.devart.com/dac/index.php/how-to-develop-ios-database-applications-in-delphi-xe2-using-devart-data-access-components.html)
>
> i tried searching on the net but i could not find any example
> can any tell me where can i get some examples for using mysql(cloud) with Ios?

Before you spend too much time on iOS, be aware that the current
FireMonkey stuff is no longer being developed by EMBT and the new
version, when it comes out, will not be compatible.

Joanna

--
Joanna Carter [Team OOAD]
0

How To Connect to a Database from Delphi XE2? ( newbie ) [Edit]
Hi all! I'm thinking on using Firebird or Microsoft SQL Server Express - I want a free database - to create a database application. How do I connect the database from Delphi XE2? I was looking on the Tool Palette, and I've found "dbExpress" and "dbGo" ( I think that this last one if for ADO connection ... ). What is the diference between "dbExpress" and an ADO connection? What is the best? Do I need third-party components to connect to Firebird or Microsoft SQL Server Express, from Delphi XE2? Thanks a lot in advance. Best regards, Joaquim. Edited by: Joaquim Macedo on Nov 17, 2012 4:06 PM "Joaquim Macedo" wrote in message news:522593@forums.embarcadero.com... > > I'm thinking on using Firebird or Microsoft SQL Server Express - I want a > free database - to create a database application. > > How do I connect the database from Delphi XE2? > I was looking on the Tool Palette, and I've found "dbExpress" and "dbGo" > ( I think that this last one if for ADO connection ... ). > > What is the diference between "dbExpress" and an ADO connection? What is > the best? For MS SQL Server, I would personally advise to use the ADO (dbGo) components (specifically TADODataset and TADOCommand), although dbExpress can also be used. While the underlying dataset functionality is common (same dataset ancestor class), there is quite a d...

Delphi XE2
friends, Is there any way to fix the delphi connecting to the database only through IPv4, I am using the component of Devart ODAC. thank you Daniel Junior wrote: > friends, > > Is there any way to fix the delphi connecting to the database only through IPv4, I am using the component of Devart ODAC. > > thank you > If you a driver from Devart, you should contact them. Perhaps someone else here has used it though. ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2
Hi, Still using that old workhorse, Delphi7, but am going to the conference in London hosted by Embarcadero on Delphi XE2. Although I would like to "move with the times" and am keen to get the UNICODE and 64-bit support offered by the latest IDEs, I confess to being more than a little scared about all the UNICODE/String/AnsiString and 32/64 bit issues I'm probably going to fall over. Anyone recently upgraded from Delphi7 to one of the latest Delphi IDEs? Thanks, Alain On 03/02/2012 08:55, Alain Dekker wrote: > Still using that old workhorse, Delphi7, but am going to the conference in > London hosted by Embarcadero on Delphi XE2. > > Although I would like to "move with the times" and am keen to get the > UNICODE and 64-bit support offered by the latest IDEs, I confess to being > more than a little scared about all the UNICODE/String/AnsiString and 32/64 > bit issues I'm probably going to fall over. Anyone recently upgraded from > Delphi7 to one of the latest Delphi IDEs? I recently upgraded a sizeable (Paradox) app from D3 to XE2 and was pleasantly surprised. About 20-30 hours once I understood how XE2 works. Andrew -- Andrew Gabb email: agabb@tpgi.com.au Adelaide, South Australia phone: +61 8 8342-1021 ----- Recently moved a lexicographic application from D2007 to XE2 with little pain. As you would imagine, it is heavily string-based, with much use of TStringLists, cuttin...

Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2
Hi All I'm porting a project from Delphi 7 Pro to Delphi XE2 and have notice the VersionInfo "Release" and "Build" not being extracted correctly. Should be "1.2.3.4" but is getting "1.2.6150.4567" I'm using the following to extract the VersionInfo and works ok in Delphi 7 but doesnt get the "Release" and "Build" info when used in Delphi XE2. function GetVersion : string; { --------------------------------------------------------- Extracts the FileVersion element of the VERSIONINFO structure that Delphi ma...

Is GNU Gettext for Delphi compatible with Delphi XE2 ?
The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi 5-2009. Thanks in advance lior ilan wrote: > The site http://dxgettext.po.dk declare support for Supports for Delphi > 5-2009. > Thanks in advance It is, if you look in the forums mentioned in that website http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/ http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/dxgettext/message/3639 Regards Olivier ...

Move from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 and now failing
I recently moved from Delphi 2009 to Delphi XE2 (combined with a new computer). The XML that is now created no longer accepted by the webservice. The specific steps I went through were. 1) Delphi 2009 with old pas file. Worked. 2) Delphi XE2 with old pas file. Didn't work. 3) Delphi XE2 with new pas file imported by Delphi XE2. Didn't work. The new pas file has the following lines, but commenting them out doesn't change the XML. { InvRegistry.RegisterParamInfo(TypeInfo(FaCSIADiagnosticInterface), 'Ping', 'Ping_Input', '&...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 2007 to Delphi XE2 paint order change
Hello all, I have a program here that does some very specific work in the paint handlers and requires that the controls are painted from bottom to top. This worked just fine under Delphi 2007 but now that we have migrated to Delphi XE2, it no longer works. Tracing the paint order, we discovered that there are cases when the bottom most component (the form for instance) is drawn last instead of first, which means that the painting code we do in the program gets a black area for the bottom most control instead of its background. This was observed with D2007 and DXE2 on the same c...

Will Delphi XE2 co-exist with other Delphi versions ?
Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes. As far as I know that has always been the case. -- -Mike (TeamB) Lut Mentz wrote: > Can I install it on a machine that's got other Delphi's on it ? Yes -- it has always been the case that the new version co-exists peacefully with all the older ones. -- Nick Hodges -- Product Development Manager Gateway Ticketing Systems http://www.gatewayticketing.com > {quote:title=Mike Williams ...

Delphi XE3 plus CBuilder XE3 demo is still Delphi only
Have Delphi XE3 installed (and registered), tried to install the CBuilder XE3 demo to see if it work as required. The result is that only Delphi was updated and no CBuilder available. Is there a way to test it - I would have upgraded to full RadStudio but doubted the CBuilder 64 bit compiler would be available in time (deadline is almost here and already ported the code to VC++ but don't particularly like it). ...

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewrite it. *In appearance* several things look close between Midas and Datasnap : TClientDataset looks very similar on both versions , and so does TSocketConnection/TDComConnection and TMidasConnection. So I made some test from XE2 , but unfortunately, TClientDataSet returns 'Member not found' when activated by code (and so does opening ProviderName combo property in Designer) . So I wonder that if, beyond appearance , things are compatible under the hood , or if accessing old Midas server from a "modern" Delphi client is hard or impossible to perform. Ty by advance for your suggestions On 24.07.2013 17:03, Olivier SCHWAB wrote: > Hello, > > My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. > A partial o...

Delphi XE2 Translation Manager is crippled compared to Delphi 7
Delphi XE2 Translation Manager enables editing only of the properties that were previously saved to the DFM file. That means only properties that were changed from their default values in the original source language form. So if a TLabel Alignment is taLeftJustify I can't edit or even see its value in the translated form grid editor. Delphi 7 Translation Manager enabled editing and viewing of all the properties of a component included in the form. It also enabled editing properties using the Object inspector. Am I missing some definition in Delphi XE2 to enable all properties ...

converting delphi 2007 code to delphi XE2 -- emptyparam problem
Hi, I am trying to convert my applicantion code from delphi 2007 to delphi XE2 and i got stuck in this error "[DCC Error] ADODB_TLB.pas(4888): E2033 Types of actual and formal var parameters must be identical". This happens when we use emptyparam as an argument in a function that wants an olevariant. Example: function TAcadDatabase.CopyObjects(Objects: OleVariant): OleVariant; begin Result := DefaultInterface.CopyObjects(Objects, EmptyParam, EmptyParam); //this is where we get the ERROR end; The coyobjects function as this signature: " function CopyObjects(Object...

Database Connectivity in Delphi Pro Version
Can someone clarify what DB I can connect to out of the box with Delphi Pro (Legally that is)? I think I have been headed down a wrong path for a while, I was under the impression the DB drivers were only included with the pro version for development only. Now it is my understanding that I can connect to Embedded SQL Lite on a local PC but not via a server. Is this correct? What DBs can I connect to on a local PC using native Delphi drivers? And am I allowed to deploy an application that uses a DB on a DB server? Thanks Tim C. "tim crouse" wrote in message news:5881...

Delphi XE2 DataSnap SSL connection
Hi, I need to create Delphi XE2 DataSnap desktop application working over internet. So I want to use SSL encryption for communication between server and clients with public and private key. Server must accept connections only with proper SSL key ( datasnap server must check this ). And I have questions: 1. Which is better protocol for this - HTTPS or TCP/IP with encryption filters? 2. Can I see somewhere example how to do this with SSL public and private key, because I can not find such example? Thanks in advance, Ivan ...

Delphi XE2 Database Form Wizard
Old Delphi used to have a Database Form Wizard, based on BDE, Delphi XE2 doesn't have any. Is there any plug-in that would create forms based on the data source component ? Gilbert Padilla wrote: > Old Delphi used to have a Database Form Wizard, based on BDE, Delphi > XE2 doesn't have any. Is there any plug-in that would create forms > based on the data source component ? You can drag items from the Data Explorer view to a form or frame design surface, as far as I remember. Cannot test that at the moment, the PC i'm using has no database engine installed ye...

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

Debugging in Delphi XE2 using another Delphi BDS process as host
Hi I've been using delphi a long time And I always had the possibility of debbuging Packages using another Delphi process as host. This is very useful to test the design-time side of packages. Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host Application or Attach to process Any ideas? Thanks Plp Pedro wrote: > Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host > Application or Attach to process What exactly are you having trouble with? Error messages, unexpected behavior, etc. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Hi Remy ...

Delphi XE2 or RadStudio XE2?
Hello all, being a user of both Delphi and RadPHP, I am in doubt which SKU would be right for me. In the RADPHP forum I read that people are disappointed about missing bugfixes in RadPHP. Would it make sense to buy just Delphi XE2 and wait for a bugfixed PadPHP version? Regards, Arthur Arthur! I had not time to install. My idea is to wait until good news appear for both. Mike Hi Arthur, > being a user of both Delphi and RadPHP, I am in doubt which SKU would be right for me. In the RADPHP forum I read that people are disappointed about missing bugfixes in RadPHP. Would it...

Delphi 6 to Delphi XE2: can't find required package.
We have a Delphi 6 Project Group that we like to work on in Delphi XE2. When trying to build the project, we get the DCC Fatal Error E2202: Required package 'cds' not found. With Delphi 6 we've used the following tools: - JVCL340 & JCL221 - devExpress QuantumGrid 6 - QuickReport (default in Delphi 6) - Visoco Sybase Driver, Devart Oracle en MSSQL drivers With Delphi XE2 (update 3 installed) we're using the following tools and settings for now (after removing Delphi 6 in an attempt to make it work) : - JVCL345 & JCL231 (http://jvcl.delphi-jedi.org/) - devExpress VCL 11.1.8 trial (http://www.devexpress.com/Subscriptions/VCL/) - QuickReport 5 trial (http://www.quickreport.co.uk/) - To make the trial packages work: 'link with runtime packages' is true in the project options - Added $(BDSLiB)\$(Platform)\release and $(BDSLIB)\$(Platform)\debug to the library path in the IDE options Any help would be highly appreciated. > Required package 'cds' not found. > > With Delphi 6 we've used the following tools: > - devExpress QuantumGrid 6 > - Visoco Sybase Driver, Devart Oracle en MSSQL drivers those package don't see in XE2 settings > - JVCL345 & JCL231 (http://jvcl.delphi-jedi.org/) This should not use such (at least SVN version does not) > - devExpress VCL 11.1.8 trial > (http://www.devexpress.com/Subscriptions/VCL/) > - QuickReport 5 trial (http://www.quickreport.co....

mysql database, delphi 2010 and connection charset
Hi. I want to write an application which will use a MySQL database. I made a basci connection and queries. Everything is ok, except viewing data from database on a website generated with php. I'm polish and using my national letters and this is problem. When i add text into database in my app written in delphi and then view it in app, everything is ok, national letter are correct. But, when i want to view this data on a website i see strange things where were national letters. Fields in database are defined i n UTF-8, website uses UTF too. I can see on website data added from delphi on...

Connecting to a MS Access database in Delphi XE5?
Does anyone have a simple code example for connecting to an Access database from a VCL Forms application using XE5? Originally, we used the dbExpress Open ODBC driver in XE2 but that no longer works. The DbxXXDrv unit references Dbx34Drv, which in turn references DBXMetaDataCommand, which does not exist in my XE5 Enterprise install. So I thought I'd try FireDAC, as there is Connect to Microsoft Access Database (FireDAC) topic in the docwiki. I dropped a TFDPhysMSAccessDriverLink onto a form, set the DriverID to MSAcc and the ODBCDriver to MS Access (*.mdb), but could not find the Database or Password properties. Do they need to be specified in the ODBCAdvanced property? > {quote:title=Richard Goodwin wrote:}{quote} > Does anyone have a simple code example for connecting to an Access database from a VCL Forms application using XE5? > > Originally, we used the dbExpress Open ODBC driver in XE2 but that no longer works. The DbxXXDrv unit references Dbx34Drv, which in turn references DBXMetaDataCommand, which does not exist in my XE5 Enterprise install. > > So I thought I'd try FireDAC, as there is Connect to Microsoft Access Database (FireDAC) topic in the docwiki. I dropped a TFDPhysMSAccessDriverLink onto a form, set the DriverID to MSAcc and the ODBCDriver to MS Access (*.mdb), but could not find the Database or Password properties. Do they need to be specified in the ODBCAdvanced property? I resolved the Open ODBC driver issue by r...

Connection String for ADO Database in delphi prism
Hi, I want to connect to a database with ADO and aspx. from VB code what is the equivalent in delphi prism ? .... Dim MyReader as sqldatareader Dim MyConnection as sqlconnection = new sqlconnection() myConnection.connectionstring = configurationmanager.connectionstrings("DSN_MYDB").connectionstring Dim mycommand as sqlcommand = new sqlcommand() mycommand.commandtext="select * from mytable" mycommand.commandtype = commandtype.text mycommand.connection = myconnection mycommand.connection.open() Myreader=mycommand.executereader(commandbehavior.closeconnec...

Web resources about - Delphi XE2 database connection demo? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Alec Baldwin, Tommy Hilfiger and a Designer With a ‘Downton’ Connection
It was something of a British invasion at Michael’s today with plenty of posh folks (Majesty magazine EIC Ingrid Seward , the always dashing ...

French (Canadian) connection helps Coyotes snap 7-game skid
The Arizona Coyotes defeat the Florida Panthers 5-1 Saturday behind a dominate performance by the team's French-Canadian players.

Quantum Break requires Internet connection for streaming cut scenes on PC
Single-player game puts videos in cloud to save disc and hard drive space. The idea of requiring an Internet connection for single-player gaming ...

#BlogHer16 Connections Via Old School Twitter Lists? Yes!
... Sure, let's go with that!). We love hanging out on that next level, so our team is always looking for ways to facilitate those connections. ...

Zika virus-microcephaly connection hunted in Brazil - CNN.com
Is the Zika virus linked to microcephaly? The CDC and Brazilian health officials are leading the first-ever large scale investigation to find ...

Aruba's new products improve wireless connections
Aruba announced networking software and hardware today that include a new wireless access point that can support Skype for Business and Wi-Fi ...

Van Jones And Jeffrey Lord Nearly End Up In A Fist Fight Over Trump's KKK Connections
CNN needs to fire Jeffrey Lord if they want to keep the name "News" in their name. His performance with Van Jones tonight was shameful. Utterly ...