delphi-staff.com ?

Just got an email about
http://www.delphi-staff.com/

It's a Delphi-centric french job site that is claims to be related to
FLX and an official Embarcadero partner, anyone here got clues on the
whos, whats or hows?

Looks like an interesting idea, and we might just have an offer to post
there in the next days, though I would like to know more about the site,
its exposure and the people behind it ;)

Eric
0
Eric

> {quote:title=Eric Grange wrote:}{quote}
> Looks like an interesting idea, and we might just have an offer to post
> there in the next days, though I would like to know more about the site,
> its exposure and the people behind it ;)

I think the FLX company and approach is pretty clear.
Google for "felix guillemot" (its founder) and you'll find a lot of information. He's working from its Delphi expertise since years. That's a good point, these days, in our DotNet/Java/ROR world.

It sounds like clear and solid stuff here, for me.
It's an individual proposal, that is no "official EMB project", but it's a pretty good initiative. It could increase the visibility of Delphi, and help managers not be reluctant with hiring Delphi programmers, and using Delphi technology in their projects.
IMHO such offers could be available world-wide.

By the way, the delphi-staff site appears to be made using ROR.
Perhaps it could be worth implementing it using the upcoming DOR or more conventional Delphi content generation, instead.
See http://www.delphionrails.com for DOR, if you don't know about it yet.

It's a pity that the official Delphi newsgroup web version is handled in java. I know it's common to the whole Embarcadero Developer Network, but I think it could be worth using our own technology!
0
Arnaud
8/12/2010 8:40:02 AM
Eric Grange wrote:
> Just got an email about
> http://www.delphi-staff.com/
>
> It's a Delphi-centric french job site that is claims to be related to
> FLX and an official Embarcadero partner, anyone here got clues on the
> whos, whats or hows?
>
> Looks like an interesting idea, and we might just have an offer to post
> there in the next days, though I would like to know more about the site,
> its exposure and the people behind it ;)

I don't think Felix lurks here very often, but you can reach him via the
contact page.
As Arnaud said, he has become quite known on the self employed French
Delphi scene in the past few years.

I'm not sure his website will change the market for Delphi jobs, but
it's an interesting initiative.

When I'll be looking for a new job, I'll be looking over there (among
other websites), so if anyone has a job offer in the Lyon area, do not
hesitate, I'll look at it <g>

Regards
Olivier
0
Olivier
8/12/2010 11:58:53 AM
> When I'll be looking for a new job, I'll be looking over there (among
> other websites), so if anyone has a job offer in the Lyon area, do not
> hesitate, I'll look at it<g>

Well, we're in Lyon 9ème (Vaise) actually ;)

Eric
0
Eric
8/12/2010 1:07:08 PM
> Looking around among google and already found threads about Delphi-Staff ?

I started the thread as much for asking as for helping raise awareness
of your website, it's not everyday a new french Delphi website appears
on the radar ;)

Eric
0
Eric
8/12/2010 1:59:51 PM
> {quote:title=Eric Grange wrote:}{quote}
> > Looking around among google and already found threads about Delphi-Staff ?
>
> I started the thread as much for asking as for helping raise awareness
> of your website, it's not everyday a new french Delphi website appears
> on the radar ;)
>
> Eric

Thank you very much !
0
Utf
8/12/2010 2:07:21 PM
Eric Grange wrote:
>> When I'll be looking for a new job, I'll be looking over there (among
>> other websites), so if anyone has a job offer in the Lyon area, do not
>> hesitate, I'll look at it<g>
>
> Well, we're in Lyon 9ème (Vaise) actually ;)

That's what I had been told but could not find any ways to confirm that
on your various websites.

That's great as I actually live in the same area (Place de Paris), I
guess we should meet one day ;)

Cheers
Olivier
0
Olivier
8/12/2010 2:25:27 PM
"Félix Guillemot" <=?Utf-8?Q?F=C3=A9lix_Guillemot?=> wrote in message

> What are you waiting for ?
>
> Félix Guillemot
> www.delphi-staff.com

The problem is, your web-site is in French and I don't understand a word of
it!!

regards
Mike
0
Mike
8/12/2010 2:29:48 PM
> That's great as I actually live in the same area (Place de Paris), I
> guess we should meet one day ;)

Indeed, I'm near Gorge de Loup, if you end up in Vaise by midday for
lunch, drop me a mail, august is rather slow for the moment ;)

Eric
0
Eric
8/12/2010 3:00:24 PM
Eric Grange wrote:

> > That's great as I actually live in the same area (Place de Paris), I
> > guess we should meet one day ;)
>
> Indeed, I'm near Gorge de Loup, if you end up in Vaise by midday for
> lunch, drop me a mail, august is rather slow for the moment ;)

I thought "slow" was the only speed option for France in August ;-)
0
Ian
8/12/2010 3:24:45 PM
Eric Grange wrote:
>> That's great as I actually live in the same area (Place de Paris), I
>> guess we should meet one day ;)
>
> Indeed, I'm near Gorge de Loup, if you end up in Vaise by midday for
> lunch, drop me a mail, august is rather slow for the moment ;)

Will do.
0
Olivier
8/12/2010 7:00:34 PM
Ian Hall wrote:
> Eric Grange wrote:
>
>>> That's great as I actually live in the same area (Place de Paris), I
>>> guess we should meet one day ;)
>>
>> Indeed, I'm near Gorge de Loup, if you end up in Vaise by midday for
>> lunch, drop me a mail, august is rather slow for the moment ;)
>
> I thought "slow" was the only speed option for France in August ;-)

Well, slower would be going in reverse ;-)
0
Olivier
8/12/2010 7:00:53 PM
Eric,

As far as I remember, I dropped you an email few years ago, might be
lost :(

We're doing some meetings from time to time in Lyon area ;)

- Florent
0
Florent
8/12/2010 7:47:17 PM
On 12.08.2010 17:07, Félix Guillemot wrote:
>> {quote:title=Eric Grange wrote:}{quote}
>>> Looking around among google and already found threads about Delphi-Staff ?
>>
>> I started the thread as much for asking as for helping raise awareness
>> of your website, it's not everyday a new french Delphi website appears
>> on the radar ;)
>>
>> Eric
>
> Thank you very much !

Do you plan to add an English version of it? Would make it more usable
for non French-specking developers out there.

Alex.

--
Ciobanu Alexandru
R&D Staff Engineer
Alexandru Ciobanu wrote:
> On 12.08.2010 17:07, Félix Guillemot wrote:
>>> {quote:title=Eric Grange wrote:}{quote}
>>>
>>> I started the thread as much for asking as for helping raise awareness
>>> of your website, it's not everyday a new french Delphi website appears
>>> on the radar ;)
>>>
>>> Eric
>>
>> Thank you very much !
>
> Do you plan to add an English version of it? Would make it more usable
> for non French-specking developers out there.

I believe it is originally targeted at French people for jobs in France
because there was a clear lack of such offer in this area.
But Felix would answer this more clearly than me ;-)
0
Olivier
8/12/2010 8:19:07 PM
> I thought "slow" was the only speed option for France in August ;-)

If you're northbound going through the tunnel of Fourvieres (in Lyon) in
august, "slow" could already be quite an accomplishment ;)
(monster traffic jams)

Eric
0
Eric
8/13/2010 6:33:26 AM
> As far as I remember, I dropped you an email few years ago, might be
> lost :(

Don't remember it, probably lost in the spam... it was particularly bad
a few years ago on my public email addresses :( (several hundreds per day)

> We're doing some meetings from time to time in Lyon area ;)

Hey, just noticed you're in Grenoble?
Guess I'm too accustomed to Delphi devs being from across the world to
notice when they aren't ;)

Eric
0
Eric
8/13/2010 6:42:21 AM
Eric Grange wrote:

> > I thought "slow" was the only speed option for France in August ;-)
>
> If you're northbound going through the tunnel of Fourvieres (in Lyon)
> in august, "slow" could already be quite an accomplishment ;)
> (monster traffic jams)
>
> Eric

Mon Dieu ;-)

Why aren't you on the beach, Eric? Isn't working in August practically
illegal in France?

Cheers

Ian
0
Ian
8/13/2010 8:08:54 AM
Fetchez la vache !
0
Anonymous
8/13/2010 8:32:16 AM
Ian Hall wrote:
> Eric Grange wrote:
>
>>> I thought "slow" was the only speed option for France in August ;-)
>>
>> If you're northbound going through the tunnel of Fourvieres (in Lyon)
>> in august, "slow" could already be quite an accomplishment ;)
>> (monster traffic jams)
>>
>> Eric
>
> Mon Dieu ;-)
>
> Why aren't you on the beach, Eric? Isn't working in August practically
> illegal in France?

No, it's actually quite enjoyable. If you avoid the tunnel of Fourviers,
which is easy to do when you live there, the city is almost empty. On a
normal september day, it takes me 15 to 20 minutes to get back home from
work. These days, it takes me at most 10 minutes, I was even able to do
a round trip in 15 minutes.
Next week I'm finally on holidays, which also means that there will be
much less people on the holiday places, alleviating the feeling that we
are all sheep going to the same place at the same time.
0
Olivier
8/13/2010 9:27:46 AM
Yep, that's the point!

And in august you can park your car right at the door without trouble
either getting there or finding a parkplace, further cutting down on the
transit time. Plus parking is free in august.

ermm, I guess we're getting way off-topic ;)

Eric
0
Eric
8/13/2010 9:37:43 AM
Olivier Sannier wrote:

> Ian Hall wrote:

> ;-)
> > >
> >> If you're northbound going through the tunnel of Fourvieres (in
> Lyon) >> in august, "slow" could already be quite an accomplishment ;)
> >> (monster traffic jams)
> > >
> >> Eric
> >
> > Mon Dieu ;-)
> >
> > Why aren't you on the beach, Eric? Isn't working in August
> > practically illegal in France?
>
> No, it's actually quite enjoyable. If you avoid the tunnel of
> Fourviers, which is easy to do when you live there, the city is
> almost empty. On a normal september day, it takes me 15 to 20 minutes
> to get back home from work. These days, it takes me at most 10
> minutes, I was even able to do a round trip in 15 minutes.
> Next week I'm finally on holidays, which also means that there will
> be much less people on the holiday places, alleviating the feeling
> that we are all sheep going to the same place at the same time.

Sounds good.

My experience of Les Grandes Vacances was a company I had dealings with
contacting us to explain that the vital order for the end of July was
not going to ship, so we would have to wait until mid-September. The
email was sent just as the company closed completely - there was not
even anybody we could telephone to swear at ;-)

Have a great holiday,

Cheers

Ian
0
Ian
8/13/2010 9:46:01 AM
Google Translate might be your friend:
http://translate.google.fr/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.delphi-staff.com%2F&sl=fr&tl=en
0
Florent
8/13/2010 11:13:56 AM
> {quote:title=Georges Varouchas wrote:}{quote}
> Fetchez la vache !

lol not sure Google Translate can translate this one...
0
Florent
8/13/2010 11:14:46 AM
Hello guys !

Looking around among google and already found threads about Delphi-Staff ?
It sounds good...
I already aswered to Eric this morning. BTW, answers can be found in the website contents (or it's a lack...)
As Olivier said, i'm first a Delphi developper who decided to propose a new service dedicated to Delphi users.
Since you've been working on developpement stuffs and uploaded your CV on Monster or Freelance-info, you may have been in touch with commercial guys from SSII or regressive like cabinet (:-)) and that kind of guy that call you to SELL you the job of your life only thinking by benefits.
We could speak hours and hours of that, and it's a lot a fun !
We should also say that this is a DIRTY business, most of the time.

That's why we propose Delphi-Staff : a community you can rely on, a REAL service for developpers and employers : no lies, no fake...
Commercials doesn't come from a supermarket or grocery, they are Delphi experts who KNOW YOUR JOB !

Also, Delphi-Staff is here to prove that Delphi is not dead as Microsoft would like make believe and IT managers would endly believe...
Delphi is everywhere : banks, industry, transports, medias and so on.
French companys need good developpers.
Embarcadero (including David I) works on Delphi products actually, and it's not for no reason...

Delphi-Staff already offered jobs to people who couldn't find any near their home and satisfies company that can't find good developers.

Delphi-Staff really started in march 2009 (before teh website was on)  and starting from nothing, pleased 8 Delphimen...

What are you waiting for ?

Félix Guillemot
www.delphi-staff.com

Edited by: Félix Guillemot on Aug 13, 2010 6:59 AM
0
Utf
8/13/2010 2:00:07 PM
> {quote:title=Alexandru Ciobanu wrote:}{quote}
> On 12.08.2010 17:07, Félix Guillemot wrote:
> >> {quote:title=Eric Grange wrote:}{quote}
> >>
> >> I started the thread as much for asking as for helping raise awareness
> >> of your website, it's not everyday a new french Delphi website appears
> >> on the radar ;)
> >>
> >> Eric
> >
> > Thank you very much !
>
> Do you plan to add an English version of it? Would make it more usable
> for non French-specking developers out there.
>
> Alex.
>
> --
> Ciobanu Alexandru
> R&D Staff Engineer
> Embarcadero Technologies

Yes I do !
First goal is to provide a service for french users, but i know it could be extended to near europeans countries first, and maybe further...
We must keep in mind that when a customer call us for help, we should be able to serve him.
For now, we only know french delphi developpers (about 600).
We can imagine that french companies make people come from other far away countries (it happens with montreal).
It's an interesting question i will deal with David I soon in Paris.
Finally, yes, we'll do a french version, but as i know, it's a real task...

Félix.
0
Utf
8/13/2010 2:09:16 PM
> {quote:title=Mike Brindley wrote:}{quote}
> "Félix Guillemot" <=?Utf-8?Q?F=C3=A9lix_Guillemot?=> wrote in message
> >
> > What are you waiting for ?
> >
> > Félix Guillemot
> > www.delphi-staff.com
>
> The problem is, your web-site is in French and I don't understand a word of
> it!!
>
> regards
> Mike

I know,
Sorry for that, we will make it for you
See ya
0
Utf
8/13/2010 2:10:40 PM
Félix Guillemot wrote:

> > {quote:title=Alexandru Ciobanu wrote:}{quote}
> > Delphi-Staff ?

> > awareness >> of your website, it's not everyday a new french Delphi
> > website appears >> on the radar ;)

> > > Thank you very much !
> >
> > Do you plan to add an English version of it? Would make it more
> > usable for non French-specking developers out there.
> >
> > Alex.
> >
> > --
> > Ciobanu Alexandru
> > R&D Staff Engineer
> > Embarcadero Technologies
>

> Yes I do !
> First goal is to provide a service for french users, but i know it
> could be extended to near europeans countries first, and maybe
> further...  We must keep in mind that when a customer call us for
> help, we should be able to serve him.  For now, we only know french
> delphi developpers (about 600).  We can imagine that french companies
> make people come from other far away countries (it happens with
> montreal).  It's an interesting question i will deal with David I
> soon in Paris.  Finally, yes, we'll do a french version, but as i
> know, it's a real task...
>
> Félix.

Expand to Belgium ? Since we do have alot of french speaking people
here .. I am dutch myself, but speak/read French fluently, writing is a
different ballgame :)
0
Kristof
8/13/2010 2:19:59 PM
Thanks. Did try google translate but it seems to go into an infinite loop
when trying to translate.

Mike
>> {quote:title=Mike Brindley wrote:}{quote}
>> "Félix Guillemot" <=?Utf-8?Q?F=C3=A9lix_Guillemot?=> wrote in message
>> >
>> > What are you waiting for ?
>> >
>> > Félix Guillemot
>> > www.delphi-staff.com
>>
>> The problem is, your web-site is in French and I don't understand a word
>> of
>> it!!
>>
>> regards
>> Mike
>
> I know,
> Sorry for that, we will make it for you
> See ya
0
Mike

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Delphi and virus, or virus and Delphi.

Delphi on About.com
Zarko has retired...see: http://delphi.about.com/ That is a shame. KB. -- Kim, | Zarko has retired...see: http://delphi.about.com/ | That is a shame. Apparently only from About.com, NOT from Delphi!!! -- Q 01/30/2013 19:06:32 1.19.1.372 [Q'sBrokenToolBar] [Running on TQ] Zarko moved here: http://zarko-gajic.iz.hr/ D. Edited by: Davor Sola on Jan 30, 2013 10:53 PM Edited by: Davor Sola on Jan 30, 2013 10:54 PM Many times I have found myself reading his articles, downloading and modifying his code. His legacy will live on in the search engi...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Web resources about - delphi-staff.com ? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech