Delphi Component Design

Danny Thorpe's Book "Delphi Component Design" is always a tough find, but this one is autographed to boot:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200440598587&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi R&D Manager

On 2/17/2010 3:18 PM, Nick Hodges wrote:
> Danny Thorpe's Book "Delphi Component Design" is always a tough find, but this one is autographed to boot:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200440598587&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Wow! The current bidding is even cheaper than what I paid for it when I
searched one out a few year's back...

David Erbas-White
0
David
2/18/2010 12:09:11 AM
David Erbas-White wrote:

> Wow! The current bidding is even cheaper than what I paid for it when
> I searched one out a few year's back...

It's still early.  ;-)

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Development Manager

| Wow! The current bidding is even cheaper than what I paid for it when
| I searched one out a few year's back...

Don't fret.  Automatic bidding is in place for the item and any bid you
make will most likely be instantaneously over-bid. <g>

02/17/2010 16:37:28

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q's Screwed-Up ToolBar Mods]
0
Quentin
2/18/2010 12:42:04 AM
Quentin Correll wrote:
> David,
>
> | Wow! The current bidding is even cheaper than what I paid for it when
> | I searched one out a few year's back...
>
> Don't fret.  Automatic bidding is in place for the item and any bid you
> make will most likely be instantaneously over-bid. <g>

A very dangerous thing to admit... ;)

--
Anders Ohlsson - http://blogs.embarcadero.com/ao/
Embarcadero Developer Relations
Anders Ohlsson wrote:

> A very dangerous thing to admit... ;)

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too.

--
John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk
Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com
John Kaster wrote:

> Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too.

Hey, it's all for a good cause.  ;-)

--
Nick Hodges
Delphi Development Manager
Embarcadero Technologies
0
Nick
2/18/2010 6:34:52 PM
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 07:53:02 -0800, Anders Ohlsson wrote:

>> Don't fret.  Automatic bidding is in place for the item and any bid you
>> make will most likely be instantaneously over-bid. <g>

> A very dangerous thing to admit... ;)

Maybe he's trying to bluff everyone into not bidding!

--
Marc Rohloff [TeamB]
marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com

| A very dangerous thing to admit... ;)

I'm not the one who instigated automatic bidding on the book. <g>

02/18/2010 11:32:05

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q's Screwed-Up ToolBar Mods]
0
Quentin
2/18/2010 7:36:28 PM
Marc,

| Maybe he's trying to bluff everyone into not bidding!

I repeat, 'twasn't me.  <g>

02/18/2010 11:33:26

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q's Screwed-Up ToolBar Mods]
0
Quentin
2/18/2010 7:38:29 PM
Quentin Correll wrote:

> Anders,
>
> >  A very dangerous thing to admit... ;)
>
> I'm not the one who instigated automatic bidding on the book. <g>

Currently it's mine :-)

--
Robert Love
0

| Currently it's mine :-)

I hope you get it!

02/22/2010 14:09:59

XanaNews Version 1.19.1.278  [Q's Screwed-Up ToolBar Mods]
0
Quentin

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

Delphi XE design components icons
I have installed Delphi XE. Then I successfully installed "ZeosLib" components. All is working. However the icons/bitmaps of my "ZeosLib" components then disappeared from the IDE. Where are these loaded from? If I knew I could get them back. Kind Regards, Robert. Robert Gilland wrote: > I have installed Delphi XE. > > Then I successfully installed "ZeosLib" components. > All is working. > > However the icons/bitmaps of my "ZeosLib" components then disappeared > from the IDE. Where are these loaded fro...

.net component to Delphi component ?
Hello, Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? Thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. -- Marc Rohloff [TeamB] marc -at- marc rohloff -dot- com Marc Rohloff wrote: > On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:16:37 -0800, isaac sam wrote: > >> Is there a way to use .net component inside Delphi ? > > http://www.managed-vcl.com/ has some libraries for this. > I was hoping for a free tool but thanks On Tue, 18 Nov 2008...

Delphi 2010 Component Colors In Design Mode
In Delphi 2010, I'm finding that some components, particularly TDBGrids, do not display their color property while in design mode, but display properly when executing. Is there yet another setting I'm missing? Thanks Al Wimberly wrote: > In Delphi 2010, I'm finding that some components, particularly > TDBGrids, do not display their color property while in design mode, > but display properly when executing. Is there yet another setting I'm > missing? No. I think this can happen if you disable theme support for your applications, since the IDE itsel...

How to add COM component in Delphi Prism design form?
In MS Visual Studio Shell 2010 (Delphi Prism IDE), i want to use a vector graphic tool either VeCAD or LiteCAD. But both of them are OCX / DLL files. They are shown in toolbox (choose item option), as COM component, not as .Net Framework component. How to use COM component into Delphi Prism? these component also shown in toolbox items. But i can't drag them on design form. it gives error "Failed to create component AxHost. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: COM target doest not implement IDispatch" What is the reason behind it? How to solve this prob...

Delphi 2007 to Delphi 7

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi for PHP or Delphi PRISM

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2007

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi and virus, or virus and Delphi.

Web resources about - Delphi Component Design - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

AirAsia disaster: Indonesia cites faulty component, crew response in crash
Pilots appear to have reset the computer system's circuit breaker, leading to a series of failures that caused them to lose control of the plane ...

Teardown of iPad Pro reveals revamped component layout
... Apple device teardown on the iPad Pro on Wednesday, revealing a reworked internal design dominated by massive batteries and bespoke audio components. ...

Japan follows US lead in banning certain Takata components
Filed under: Government/Legal , Safety , Japan Like the US, Japan will ban certain Takata's airbag inflators from vehicles in development, and ...

Lumentum, Fabrinet: Component Makers at Start of 5-Year Boom, Says Needham
Needham & Co .’s Alex Henderson today advises fiber optics enthusiasts to look to component makers , such as Lumentum ( LITE ), in 2016, more ...

Samsung reportedly lost key iPhone 7 component business
... for Samsung , which is ironic considering the two companies are fierce rivals in the mobile business. The Korean giant produces various components ...

Solar Power Is Booming and Its Biggest Component Is Dirt Cheap
Prices for polysilicon, the main ingredient in solar cells, have dropped to a record low amid a supply glut that won’t end soon.

Crew, faulty component caused AirAsia crash
Indonesian investigators said crew action and a faulty component caused the AirAsia jet crash in the Java Sea last year, killing 162 passengers. ...

IDG Contributor Network: Four critical patches for November Patch Tuesday update core Windows and Office ...
Microsoft's November Patch Tuesday brings us four critical updates and eight important patches that attempt to resolve 54 reported vulnerabilities ...

Immigration Law Enforcement: A Vital Component Of National Security And Counterterrorism
While the administration claims that these refugees are being vetted, there is no way to actually screen these people