Delphi/C++ Builder/Rad Studio surverys: who receives them?

It looks new surveys are around, but it's very unclear how people are selected to receive the link.

Marco Cantù posted a working one but it is for RAD Studio (which we no longer buy, only Delphi now), while there should be Delphi and C++ Builder specific surveys too. I did not find any reference on Embarcardero web site.

This way it looks just another bad PR move by Embarcadero. I understand that invitation-only surveys tied to edn accounts (and product buys history) could be better than those open to everybody - but sincerely as a long time customer of Enterprise SKUs (latest is XE2) I would expect to receive it. If they are sending them batch after batch it would be nice to tell customers the surveys are running and they will receive their invitation soon.

What's the reason of acting this way instead?
0
Luigi

Luigi Sandon wrote:

> It looks new surveys are around, but it's very unclear how people are
> selected to receive the link.

I've no idea. My theory is that they send it to people who have already
taken the survey in the past. I haven't taken the survey and so haven't
received a link. (Anyway I won't take it this time)
--
Uwe Schuster | Hero of the Delphi 2010 FT
http://www.bitcommander.de/blog
Am 03.04.2012 12:04, schrieb Uwe Schuster:
> Luigi Sandon wrote:
>
>> It looks new surveys are around, but it's very unclear how people are
>> selected to receive the link.
>
> I've no idea. My theory is that they send it to people who have already
> taken the survey in the past. I haven't taken the survey and so haven't
> received a link. (Anyway I won't take it this time)

Perhaps they send the invitations in small chunks not to tear down the
survey server by thousands of people taking the survey simultaneously. I
got three invitations during two days covering the different products I
registered.

Uwe Raabe
--
Uwe's Blog: The Art of Delphi Programming <http://www.uweraabe.de/>
0
> {quote:title=Luigi Sandon wrote:}{quote}
> It looks new surveys are around, but it's very unclear how people are selected to receive the link.

I have wondered the same thing as I did not get a link.     But I was happy to be able to take the survey
from the link that Marco posted.
0
Robert
4/3/2012 11:49:17 AM
> Perhaps they send the invitations in small chunks not to tear down the

Maybe, but why don't tell it explicitly to all customers instead of "sneaking it out"? Also it looks there was an iPad 3 sweepstake (unless it was an April's Fool - date was April 1st...) that already ended - therefore it could not be nice for those interested, I'm not - I am more interested to ensure my opinion about Delphi future is registered.

Edited by: Luigi Sandon on Apr 3, 2012 2:19 PM
0
Luigi
4/3/2012 12:19:53 PM
> from the link that Marco posted.

I would like to answer the Delphi survey only, because that's the only product we're using now, it would not be fair answering questions about product I do not use and know anymore.
0
Luigi
4/3/2012 12:49:22 PM
> {quote:title=Luigi Sandon wrote:}{quote}
> > from the link that Marco posted.
>
> I would like to answer the Delphi survey only, because that's the only product we're using now, it would not be fair answering questions about product I do not use and know anymore.

The survey handles that, you can skip the C++ information and say you don't use it.
0
Robert
4/3/2012 1:15:14 PM
> {quote:title=Uwe Raabe wrote:}{quote}
> Am 03.04.2012 12:04, schrieb Uwe Schuster:
> > Luigi Sandon wrote:
> >
> >> It looks new surveys are around, but it's very unclear how people are
> >> selected to receive the link.
> >
> > I've no idea. My theory is that they send it to people who have already
> > taken the survey in the past. I haven't taken the survey and so haven't
> > received a link. (Anyway I won't take it this time)
>
> Perhaps they send the invitations in small chunks not to tear down the
> survey server by thousands of people taking the survey simultaneously. I
> got three invitations during two days covering the different products I
> registered.

Perhaps, but still there is nothing in my mailbox :(

Dalija Prasnikar
0
Dalija
4/5/2012 10:40:10 AM
I found the link on Marco's Blog too. Maybe the survey had been announced by the end of February in the monthly summary.

Mike
0
Michael
4/5/2012 1:32:29 PM
> I found the link on Marco's Blog too. Maybe the survey had been announced by the end of February in the monthly summary.

It looks they were sent via email but not to all customers. They were not advertised on Emb web site. Maybe they simply have a "customer black list", or wanted to wear pink glasses and get only the answers they wanted to hear.

If they had selected just of subset of customers I would like to know what criteria were followed.

Anyway I am looking forward the day I can ditch all of my remaining Delphi code and move wholly to C++.

Especially if they think to remove pointers and static arrays - its a clear sympton their idea of neutering Delphi as much as they can to chase the low-end developer never ceased. What they don't really understand is that kind of developer will never spend $2500 to buy from them. Maybe just some old developers who discovered Javascript but is too old to learn and want Delphi support for Javascript...

Edited by: Luigi Sandon on Apr 6, 2012 1:10 PM
0
Luigi

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike "Michael Rozlog" <michael.rozlog@embarcadero.com> wrote in message news:241286@forums.embarcadero.com... > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. We have to wait all the way until Commodore to get better documentation? And until Chromium to get OTA documentation? -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) On 10.05.2010 23:50, Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://e...

RAD Studio 2010 (Delphi, C++Builder, and Delphi Prism) Posted
All, The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 Enjoy, Mike Michael Rozlog wrote: > All, > > The new roadmap for RAD Studio has been posted. > > Link: http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/39934 > Thanks for the info, Mike. One thing I'm missing in the slides is the effort to bring the compiler into the C++ Standard compliance (lamda/closures, auto/decltype, etc.) I hope it's just an omission! :) Il Tue, 11 May 2010 09:01:04 -0700, Alex Bakaev <a@b.cc> ha scritto: >Than...

RAD Studio XE: the relevant links for RAD Studio, Delphi, C++ Builder, Prism, RadPHP [what's new, features, downloads...]
What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/What's_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE RAD Studio, Delphi, C++Builder, Delphi Prism and RadPHP XE are available now! http://blogs.embarcadero.com/davidi/2010/08/30/40114/ audio - Dr. Dobbs's talks with Michael Rozlog about RAD Studio XE Release http://www.drdobbs.com/tv/index.jhtml?bctid=594150880001&bcpid=64699398001 Webinar: What's New in RAD Studio XE - An In-Depth Look with Mike Rozlog (Wed, Sep 1 7PM PDT / Thu, Sep 2 12:00 EST Australian) http://forms.embarcadero.com/f...

C++ Builder, Delphi and RAD Studio
I noticed I have C++ Builder, Delphi and RAD studio in my start menu folder (2009). What is the difference between these applications and which one should I run??? <Ashley Duncan> wrote in message news:238315@forums.embarcadero.com... > I noticed I have C++ Builder, Delphi and RAD studio in my > start menu folder (2009). What is the difference between > these applications and which one should I run??? The C++Builder and Delphi shortcuts start up the IDE with only those individual personalities loaded, respectively. The RAD Studio shortcut starts the IDE with all i...

RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder Roadmap
Hi. In case you missed it (didn`t see it posted here): http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/43677 --- snip --- Features and Technologies Expected in 2014 * A new release of the C++ compiler for Win32, with full support for the C++ 11 language specification * --- snap --- So there is still hope! :) Best Regards Eike Petersen ----------------------------------------------------------- Lycares IT, Eike Petersen Web: www.lycares.de Eike wrote: > * A new release of the C++ compiler for Win32, with full support for > the C++ 11 language specification * Howeve...

RAD Studio package vs separate Delphi/C++Builder ones
In Abbrevia right now I have separate packages for Delphi and C++Builder. The Delphi one is a .dpk/.dproj and the C++Builder one is a ..cpp/.cbproj. From testing it appears both can't be installed at the same time, and they don't work with the opposite personality. Is there a way to create a single "RAD Studio" package that would work for both personalities, and if so, would it work if you only had one or the other installed? -- Craig Peterson Scooter Software Hello, Craig Peterson wrote: > Is there a way to create a single "RAD Studio&quo...

C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 Preview
The RAD Studio 2010 Sneak Preview Center is now live at http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-2010/. Our first preview covers just a few of the many new IDE features and enhancements in C++Builder and Delphi 2010. Additional preview videos and blog links will be published regularly up to the release date of the 2010 versions. Please stop by to see what's coming in C++Builder 2010. Thanks, Tim Tim DelChiaro wrote: > The RAD Studio 2010 Sneak Preview Center is now live at http://www.embarcadero.com/rad-studio-2010/. > > Our first preview covers just a few of the...

ANN: Dialog Workshop for Delphi/C++Builder for RAD Studio 2009!
New version is available for RAD Studio 2009! Please visit http://www.componentage.com for details. Additional information about the product: Create your own custom common dialogs without writing a line of code. You can dock your Delphi form to bottom, top, left and/or right of the dialog box and add your own controls in the standard common dialog. Now supported: - Open/Save, - OpenDialog with recent files (MRU) list similar to VB6 Open dialog, - Lightwight Open/Save, - BrowseForFolder, - Print, - Color, - PageSetup; - Font; - Find; - Replace; - Abou...

Help Update 2 for Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio XE2
Didn't notice any announcement yet, but seems to be available from: http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/28638 ...

Limited Time Special on Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio XE2
<rant> They did it again. Because I am a long time Delphi user and a maintenance customer I can't use this promotion. (http://edn.embarcadero.com/article/41785) All I get is: •Die übermittelte Seriennummer (XXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXX) wurde nicht im vorgesehenen Angebotszeitraum registriert I hate this! I want the free goodies too! </rant> Not that I really need this software, but if I pay my annual fee, I dont want to be a second class citizen. These promotions make me wonder if a maintenance plan is the best choice. OK, don't take this to serious...

Re: C++Builder 2010, Delphi 2010 and RAD Studio 2010 Preview
<Eric Hufschmid> wrote in message news:145900@forums.codegear.com... > Have any of you people noticed that we have been lied to about the 9/11 > attack, and other crimes? Do you realize that there really is a large > crime gang operating in the world and fooling people into assisting with > their crimes? Take a look at the collapse of Building 7, of the World > Trade Center, if you don't know what I'm talking about. Watch the video, > "9/11, A Closer Look" at HugeQuestions.com. It's worse than that - check out www.drjudywood.com to se...

RAD Studio/Delphi/C++Builder XE5 links & resources [Edit]
*NOTE* : On the bottom of this post I included *additional* links/resources updates for easy *jumps/anchors* in the current thread) Embarcadero Launches RAD Studio XE5 with True Native Android and iOS Support http://www.embarcadero.com/press-releases/embarcadero-launches-rad-studio-xe5-with-android-and-ios-support What's New in Delphi and C++Builder XE5 - Android, REST Library & more... http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/What%27s_New_in_Delphi_and_C%2B%2BBuilder_XE5 http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE5/en/Category:XE5 http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADSt...

InfoPower FM for RAD Studio, Delphi and C++Builder XE5 -but how to "register"?
Just saw on downloads the notice for this Information shows "Available free to registered users of Delphi XE5, C++Builder XE5, RAD Studio XE5 (except Starter editions), and Embarcadero All-Access who purchase by December 31, 2013. Must register and redeem free item by January 14, 2014." I have installed it, (no program..menu), and it seems to work, but there is no information on 'how to register'. Did I miss something. (I will email woll2woll) - just wondering. TIA Rudy Poseika wrote: > Just saw on downloads the notice for this > > Information ...

ANN: RAD Studio XE5 Delphi and C++ Builder versions of Mitov Software's LabPacks
Dear Customers, Embarcadero has recently released RAD Studio XE5 with Android support. We are proud to announce that we are in process of porting a number of our libraries to support Android. This is a slow and lengthy process, and as result we probably will delay official RAD Studio XE5 release until we have sufficiently completed the Android work. In the mean time however we will make prereleases available for RAD Studio XE5 tested under Windows. The prereleases will be carefully tested and as stable as official releases, however the documentation for them will not be u...

Web resources about - Delphi/C++ Builder/Rad Studio surverys: who receives them? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech