Delphi 6 to Delphi XE2: can't find required package.

We have a Delphi 6 Project Group that we like to work on in Delphi XE2. When trying to build the project, we get the DCC Fatal Error E2202: Required package 'cds' not found.

With Delphi 6 we've used the following tools:
- JVCL340 & JCL221
- devExpress QuantumGrid 6
- QuickReport (default in Delphi 6)
- Visoco Sybase Driver, Devart Oracle en MSSQL drivers

With Delphi XE2 (update 3 installed) we're using the following tools and settings for now (after removing Delphi 6 in an attempt to make it work) :
- JVCL345 & JCL231 (http://jvcl.delphi-jedi.org/)
- QuickReport 5 trial (http://www.quickreport.co.uk/)
- To make the trial packages work: 'link with runtime packages' is true in the project options
- Added $(BDSLiB)\$(Platform)\release and $(BDSLIB)\$(Platform)\debug to the library path in the IDE options

Any help would be highly appreciated.

> Required package 'cds' not found.
>
> With Delphi 6 we've used the following tools:
> - devExpress QuantumGrid 6
> - Visoco Sybase Driver, Devart Oracle en MSSQL drivers

those package don't see in XE2 settings

> - JVCL345 & JCL231 (http://jvcl.delphi-jedi.org/)

This should not use such (at least SVN version does not)

> - devExpress VCL 11.1.8 trial
> (http://www.devexpress.com/Subscriptions/VCL/)
> - QuickReport 5 trial (http://www.quickreport.co.uk/)
> - To make the trial packages work: 'link with runtime packages' is true
> in the project options

This you try to find the package, that have CDS in its required section.

Open one package after another and see what they enlist as 'required'.

Also try to re-install D6 environment.
Then try to see if it still compiles with runtime packages and if D6
envir-t had some cds package.

After you find on disk that cds*.dcp or cds*.bpl file - determine by its
properties or its content what it is the package from.
Maybe it's obsolete for newer packages or whatever.
Or from some library u had in D6 and miss in XE2.

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Am 02.01.2012 15:41, schrieb h foeken:
> Thank you for responding!
>
>> {quote:title=Dmitry Burov wrote:}{quote}
>> After you find on disk that cds*.dcp or cds*.bpl file - determine by its
>> properties or its content what it is the package from.
>> Maybe it's obsolete for newer packages or whatever.
>> Or from some library u had in D6 and miss in XE2.
>
> We've found cds.dcp (C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\Lib) and cds60.bpl (C:\Windows\system32) in the Delphi 6 environment. The bpl contains the classes TSQLDBType and TCustomCachedDataset which is in the DBLocal unit... According to Delphi 6 documentation this is the base class for clientdatasets.
>
> We'll keep searching to find out where this file and package is being used.
>
> More tips or help will still be appreciated.

Maybe it's in one of the dbExpress packages nowdays. maybe the help
tells a bit more?

Greetings

Markus
0
Markus
1/2/2012 2:46:02 PM
Thank you for responding!

> {quote:title=Dmitry Burov wrote:}{quote}
> After you find on disk that cds*.dcp or cds*.bpl file - determine by its
> properties or its content what it is the package from.
> Maybe it's obsolete for newer packages or whatever.
> Or from some library u had in D6 and miss in XE2.

We've found cds.dcp (C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\Lib) and cds60.bpl (C:\Windows\system32) in the Delphi 6 environment. The bpl contains the classes TSQLDBType and TCustomCachedDataset which is in the DBLocal unit... According to Delphi 6 documentation this is the base class for clientdatasets.

We'll keep searching to find out where this file and package is being used in our project.

More tips or help will still be appreciated.

Edited by: h foeken on Jan 2, 2012 6:47 AM
h foeken  писал(а) в своём письме Mon, 02 Jan 2012 18:47:26 +0400:

> We've found cds60.bpl (C:\Windows\system32)

now open its properties and read the version info (on tab named like "more
info" - dunno which is english term for it)

it would told u what the package is semantically

> TSQLDBType

google would show u
http://docs.embarcadero.com/products/rad_studio/delphiAndcpp2009/HelpUpdate2/EN/html/delphivclwin32/DBLocal_TSqlDBType.html
but grep would NOT show you this type in *.pas in c:\RAD Studio\9.0\source\

So you have to read whatsnew and migration guides, what this type is to be
replaced with between Delphi 2009 and XE2

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/
0
Dmitry
1/2/2012 3:35:24 PM
h foeken wrote:
> Thank you for responding!
>

> We've found cds.dcp (C:\Program Files\Borland\Delphi6\Lib) and cds60.bpl (C:\Windows\system32) in the Delphi 6 environment. The bpl contains the classes TSQLDBType and TCustomCachedDataset which is in the DBLocal unit... According to Delphi 6 documentation this is the base class for clientdatasets.

DBLocal no longer exists.  These classes 9Mainlly the db local clientdataset)
was put in in D6, very very buggy and removed later (like D9).  You will need to
find the package requiring it and remove the stuff dependent on DBLocal.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
              (Fish)

We didn't have 'DBLocal' in a uses section or 'cds' in a required section of a package anywhere in our project, but we did find 'cds' in our 'project options'->'Packages'->'runtime packages' in the value of "All configuration - All platforms" with a lot of other old packages we didn't use (anymore). Removing some packages from this list did fix the problem.

Thank you all for trying to help us!

Delphi 2010 can't upgrade Delphi 2007 projects
If I open any of my Delphi 2007 projects in Delphi 2010 it prompts me that it will upgrade it. Unfortunately, that leaves Delphi 2010 to give errors about not knowing where to find system and other core units. On the other hand, if I delete all the BDS project files and only leave the .dpr, Delphi 2010 can successfully open and compile my project. However, besides that quirk, I have another problem. I need to have both a working Delphi 2007 project and Delphi 2010, so I can compile using both without being prompted each and every time about upgrading project :) So... Any ideas to what m...

Can't find "vcldesigner" in delphi xe2 with 64 bit?
My component works well under 32-bit Windows. Now, i want to compile it under 64-bit Windows, so i add and active "64-bit windows" under "Target Platforms" in "Project Manager". But, it gives me error when i compile it: [DCC Fatal Error] XXXXXX.dpk(34): E2202 Required package 'vcldesigner' not found what's wrong of vcldesigner? where i can find? thanks. june shi wrote: > But, it gives me error when i compile it: > [DCC Fatal Error] XXXXXX.dpk(34): E2202 Required package > 'vcldesigner' not found I'm guessing...

Can't Register Delphi 6
I have to use D6 for a client. I had it installed but have not used it for a long time. I recently upgraded my Vista to Windows 7 RC. When I started Delphi 6 it asked for Registration. It said Success then came back to the registration screen again. Of course I didn't think to try to start as Administrator before it was too late. Now I get the message "Error registering software. The limit has been reached for installs using this serial number, please contact customer service to increase the allowed install count." -- Don Gollahon > {quote:title=Do...

Delphi (2007 ...XE2) WSDL importer can't "unwrap" WSDL's from Remobjects
Hello all, I'm having a lot of problems importing WSDL's from SOAP services created by Remobjects SDK. The Delphi WSDL importer can't "unwrap" the parameter types, I get errors like: "Cannot unwrap: - Input element wrapper name does not match operation's name - More than one strictly out element was found" RemObject's own service builder can unwrap the parameters, only Delphi's importer can't. I attach an example here, can anyone tell me what's wrong with it? Kind regards, Arthur -------------------------------------...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Can't find TComponentEditor in Delphi 2010
Hello, I'm moving from Delphi 2006 to 2010. I've a component that used DesignIntf and DesignEditors. I understand that these are not used in 2010 but that 'Requires' has to have 'designide.dcp'. (I searched for this - ...\RAD Studio\7.0\lib to avoid typos!) I've done this, but it can't find TComponentEditor - ie, 'E2003 undeclared identifier'. I'd appreciate any guidance here. Thanks, Ian Ian Johnson wrote: > Hello, I'm moving from Delphi 2006 to 2010. I've a component that > used DesignIntf and DesignEditors. I understa...

DesignIDE package and porting Delphi 7 components to Delphi XE2
HI I am porting components from Delphi7 to Delphi XE2, and started run in problems regarding MaskProp.dcu, some of the components uses this, and is looking for TMaskProperty class. After a lot of browsing on the net i figured out that all these units is packaged in the designide.dcp. So i have the design time component in a package that requires the designide.dcp and then the runtime component package that reguires the designtime package for the component. In the runtime component package i get errors regarding the MaskProp.dcu and the TMaskProperty class. I dont know what to do from ...

Delphi XE7 recharge link can't find it
Hi, I can't seem to find the delphi XE6 pro recharge link - anyone point me to it? This one just displays an empty page https://store.embarcadero.com/542/purl-RechargeUpgradeFromRADStudioXE6Professional Thanks, Dave ...

Delphi 2010 Trial : Can't find source files
Having installed the Delphi 2010 trial, I find there are no source files (e.g. Windows.pas). To say the least, this is excrutiatingly annoying. I'm trying to determine how hard it will be to convert a program to unicode and right now it's looking pretty darn tricky since it would appear that there are errors (at least one anyway) in the sources. Of course, I could be wrong, but without the source code, I can't tell for sure what the problem is. I've looked at the installer program again, and nothing appears to be missing - I certainly can't find an option to install the ...

Delphi XE6 recharge link can't find it [Edit]
Hi, I can't seem to find the delphi XE6 pro recharge link - anyone point me to it? This one just displays an empty page https://store.embarcadero.com/542/purl-RechargeUpgradeFromRADStudioXE6Professional Thanks, Dave Edited by: David Ninnes on Dec 5, 2014 8:12 PM > {quote:title=David Ninnes wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I can't seem to find the delphi XE6 pro recharge link - anyone point me to it? > > This one just displays an empty page > https://store.embarcadero.com/542/purl-RechargeUpgradeFromRADStudioXE6Professional > > Thanks, >...

Delphi XE2 DLL can't be used in C# application [Edit]
For testing I am trying to call a Delphi XE2 DLL (see code) in a C# application (developed in Visual C# 2010 Express). procedure CLP; stdcall; export; begin showmessage('TEST'); end; exports CLP; However when trying to add the DLL as reference to a C# project the following message appears: "A reference to 'D:\temp\test.dll' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that is a valid assembly or COM component." When the same DLL is compiled under Delphi 2010 it works without any problem. Any suggestions how to solve the p...

Delphi XE2
My problem: I created a test server and defined TCP, HTTP, and HTTPS for the new server. When prompted, I supplied the necessary certificate information. The "Test" button returns success. I start the server. The TCP/HTTP listeners respond correctly from the client, but the HTTPS connections gives an error... "Socket Error #10053. Software caused connection abort." The Certificates are self-signed using openssl. Has anyone used the new built in HTTPS server successfully? I would appreciate some advice. Is there a tutorial, white paper, or training video on setting ...

Web resources about - Delphi 6 to Delphi XE2: can't find required package. - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech