D2009E 32 bits and Windows 7 64 bits

Hello.

I've now installed my D2009E 32 bits version on my new PC which has Windows7
24 bits.
Since my customers not yet are on 64 bits I would prefere not to use a 64
bits version of Delphi, which I expect will raise some surprises when
porting the application to my customers 32 bits XP.
With my first application project ported from my XP 32 bits PC and with
Delphi20009E running I get a popup message with this text:

bds.exe-bordbk120N.dll
Assertion Failure
"C!"SetThreadContextfailed")"
in ..\win32 src\thread32.cpp at line 434
Continue Execution?

If I answer Yes, it continues as normal. This seems to be an environment
message, since it does not occour with my application running alone in
Windows 7.
Anyway it's annoying to have this message making me wondering about the safe
use of my application after shipping it to my customer, so I would
appreciate any suggestion to get rid of it.
The last thing I want, is some hidden bomb blowing in my face standing there
convincing my customer about an application worth paying for :-)

Kai Inge
0
Kai
12/18/2009 3:33:55 PM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.non-tech
📃 5934 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 9 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 384 Views

Correction:
>>I've now installed my D2009E 32 bits version on my new PC which has
>>Windows7
64 bits.
Of course you saw the typo, but some could be tempted to be funny ;-)

:)
Kai Inge

"Kai Inge Buseth" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
news:[email protected]
> Hello.
>
> I've now installed my D2009E 32 bits version on my new PC which has
> Windows7 24 bits.
> Since my customers not yet are on 64 bits I would prefere not to use a 64
> bits version of Delphi, which I expect will raise some surprises when
> porting the application to my customers 32 bits XP.
> With my first application project ported from my XP 32 bits PC and with
> Delphi20009E running I get a popup message with this text:
>
> bds.exe-bordbk120N.dll
> Assertion Failure
> "C!"SetThreadContextfailed")"
> in ..\win32 src\thread32.cpp at line 434
> Continue Execution?
>
> If I answer Yes, it continues as normal. This seems to be an environment
> message, since it does not occour with my application running alone in
> Windows 7.
> Anyway it's annoying to have this message making me wondering about the
> safe use of my application after shipping it to my customer, so I would
> appreciate any suggestion to get rid of it.
> The last thing I want, is some hidden bomb blowing in my face standing
> there convincing my customer about an application worth paying for :-)
>
> Kai Inge
0
Kai
12/18/2009 3:42:57 PM
Kai Inge Buseth wrote:
> With my first application project ported from my XP 32 bits PC and with
> Delphi20009E running I get a popup message with this text:
>
> bds.exe-bordbk120N.dll
> Assertion Failure
> "C!"SetThreadContextfailed")"
> in ..\win32 src\thread32.cpp at line 434
> Continue Execution?
>
> If I answer Yes, it continues as normal. This seems to be an environment
> message, since it does not occour with my application running alone in
> Windows 7.

IME this failure occurs if the application you are debugging has more
than one active thread when you terminate it. If only the main VCL
thread is active when you hit Ctrl+F2, it should shutdown gracefully.
0
Utf
12/18/2009 3:45:28 PM
Kai Inge Buseth wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I've now installed my D2009E 32 bits version on my new PC which has Windows7
> 24 bits.
> Since my customers not yet are on 64 bits I would prefere not to use a 64
> bits version of Delphi, which I expect will raise some surprises when
> porting the application to my customers 32 bits XP.

Delphi 2009 is a Win32 application, so you won't have any surprise, it's
generating Win32 applications.
Well, the only thing could come from the program files directory. But
that would mean you hard coded paths in your applications
0
Olivier
12/18/2009 3:58:14 PM
Kai Inge Buseth wrote :

> bds.exe-bordbk120N.dll
> Assertion Failure
> "C!"SetThreadContextfailed")"
> in ..\win32 src\thread32.cpp at line 434

See here:
http://blogs.embarcadero.com/chrishesik/2009/12/03/35132

Regards.
0
Sertac
12/18/2009 4:04:05 PM
Olivier Sannier wrote:

> Delphi 2009 is a Win32 application, so you won't have any surprise,
> it's generating Win32 applications.

I think this isn't a reason - Delphi Commodore will for sure also be a
Win32 app, but can generate Win32 and Win64 apps.
--
Uwe
0
"Kai Inge Buseth" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Since my customers not yet are on 64 bits I would prefere not to use a 64
> bits version of Delphi, which I expect will raise some surprises when
> porting the application to my customers 32 bits XP.

"64 bits version of Delphi," -  You wish...
0
Dmitry
12/18/2009 4:37:31 PM
Thank You Sertac.
That was right to the point what was needed.
I replaced the current bordbk120N.dll with this new one, and the problem
vanished.

Thanks also to the rest of the tributers.
I'm sure we soon will see Delphi 64 bits :-)

As a man, Martin I think it was, said: "I have a dream". So do I.

Thanks again.

:)
Kai Inge

"Sertac Akyuz" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
news:[email protected]
> Kai Inge Buseth wrote :
>
>> bds.exe-bordbk120N.dll
>> Assertion Failure
>> "C!"SetThreadContextfailed")"
>> in ..\win32 src\thread32.cpp at line 434
>
> See here:
> http://blogs.embarcadero.com/chrishesik/2009/12/03/35132
>
> Regards.
0
Kai
12/18/2009 8:48:57 PM
Uwe Schuster wrote:
> Olivier Sannier wrote:
>
>> Delphi 2009 is a Win32 application, so you won't have any surprise,
>> it's generating Win32 applications.
>
> I think this isn't a reason - Delphi Commodore will for sure also be a
> Win32 app, but can generate Win32 and Win64 apps.

Yes, I know that. What I wanted to say is that his assumption about
generating Delphi being 64bit because it runs on a 64 bit OS is
inherently wrong.
0
Olivier
12/18/2009 9:11:27 PM
Kai Inge Buseth wrote :

> I'm sure we soon will see Delphi 64 bits :-)
>
> As a man, Martin I think it was, said: "I have a dream". So do I.

Oh, so you think the challenge for 64 bit will be bloody?
Just kidding ;-)

> Thanks again.

You're welcome.
0