Can I assume the new Nexus 5 will run Delphi Android apps ?

Like a fool I dropped and broke my Galaxy S4, now need to replace it.  The Nexus 5 that just came out looks great, and affordable.  What I can't tell from any reviews is if it has a ARM and NEON support.

Can anyone tell me or point me to a link that answers that ?  If I order it I think I need to do it quickly, as the 16G is already sold out.
John

<John Mitchell> wrote in message news:629970@forums.embarcadero.com...
> Like a fool I dropped and broke my Galaxy S4, now need to replace it.  The Nexus 5 that just came out looks great, and affordable.  What I can't tell from any reviews is if it has a ARM and NEON support.
> Can anyone tell me or point me to a link that answers that ?  If I order it I think I need to do it quickly, as the 16G is already sold out.

I played with a new Nexus 7 running a Delphi Android app at a recent meeting, and it works fine! I should imagine all the modern Android versions >=4 work. So, it should work on a Nexus 5 too. Good luck.
--
~_~
Mark Jacobs
John Mitchell wrote:

> Like a fool I dropped and broke my Galaxy S4, now need to replace it.
> The Nexus 5 that just came out looks great, and affordable.  What I
> can't tell from any reviews is if it has a ARM and NEON support.
>
> Can anyone tell me or point me to a link that answers that ?  If I
> order it I think I need to do it quickly, as the 16G is already sold
> out.  Thanks

I can't find a reference that says the Nexus 5 supports NEON, either.

The Nexus 4 works well with Delphi, but I wouldn't assume the same
applies to the Nexus 5 until someone has tried it.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
"Bruce McGee" <bmcgee@glooscap.com> wrote in message
> John Mitchell wrote:
>
>> Like a fool I dropped and broke my Galaxy S4, now need to replace it.
>> The Nexus 5 that just came out looks great, and affordable.  What I
>> can't tell from any reviews is if it has a ARM and NEON support.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me or point me to a link that answers that ?  If I
>> order it I think I need to do it quickly, as the 16G is already sold
>> out.  Thanks
>
> I can't find a reference that says the Nexus 5 supports NEON, either.
>
> The Nexus 4 works well with Delphi, but I wouldn't assume the same
> applies to the Nexus 5 until someone has tried it.

someone reporting first hand probably would be good, but in absence of that:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2131918
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Google-Nexus-4_id7531
0
david
11/1/2013 2:00:55 PM
david hoke wrote:

> someone reporting first hand probably would be good, but in absence
> of that:  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2131918
> http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Google-Nexus-4_id7531

I only see references to the Nexus 4, which we know works.

Am I missing something?

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee
> david hoke wrote:
>
>> someone reporting first hand probably would be good, but in absence
>> of that:  http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2131918
>> http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Google-Nexus-4_id7531
>

> I only see references to the Nexus 4, which we know works.
>
> Am I missing something?

Maybe not, let's add this one (Krait 400 CPU):
http://www.dailytech.com/Nexus+5+Android+44+Kit+Kat+Arrive+Today/article33666.htm
0
david
11/1/2013 2:19:39 PM
david hoke wrote:

> Maybe not, let's add this one (Krait 400 CPU):

http://www.dailytech.com/Nexus+5+Android+44+Kit+Kat+Arrive+Today/article33666.htm

Now we're getting somewhere.

And both your first link and the Wikipedia entry say that the Krait CPU
does indeed support NEON.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krait_%28CPU%29

Thanks.

Though, I'll wait for someone to test it with Delphi before I
accidentally drop my Nexus 4.

--
Regards,
Bruce McGee

 http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Android_Devices_Supported_for_Application_Development

Enjoy it ;)

Edited by: Gonzalo Fernandez on Nov 7, 2013 4:06 PM
0
Gonzalo
11/8/2013 12:06:57 AM
> {quote:title=John Mitchell wrote:}{quote}
> Like a fool I dropped and broke my Galaxy S4, now need to replace it.  The Nexus 5 that just came out looks great, and affordable.  What I can't tell from any reviews is if it has a ARM and NEON support.
>
> Can anyone tell me or point me to a link that answers that ?  If I order it I think I need to do it quickly, as the 16G is already sold out.

Yes.

LG Google Nexus 5 has Neon support (tested using the armv7neon app).

And with pretty high confidence, yes, you should be able to compile Delphi XE5 apps successfully and run these apps on the LG Google Nexus 5 mobile telephone.
As it has succeeded successfully for at least one tested app.

See also:

How to add the LG Google Nexus 5 to Embarcadero Delphi XE5?

http://goo.gl/Y0aTU3

with friendly greetings,
Knud van Eeden
0
Knud

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

problem delphi 2010 apps with a delphi 5 pro Pchar
Hallo I build on till now alle tools and programas with delphi 5 pro now i have delphi 2010 want don't want rewite alle my DLL Tools Like The tool i made for making PDF In case of This DLL i can't becose the vcl i use in delphi 5 will not work in delphi 2010 *This call in apps* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall external 'GUPPDF2.dll'; {code} *In delphi 5 DLL* {code} Function GenratePDF(Settings:Pchar):Boolean; stdcall; {code} if call the function i get a "Access violation" i think that the settings parameter empty is...

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 and up

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Transferring Delphi 5 BDE code to Delphi 2006 Nexus Embedded server code
In an application where I have used BDE in Delphi 5 I would like to transfer the whole project to Nexus Embedded server that in general implies mostly exchanging tTable with tnxTable etc. But, in a procedure I regenerate indexes using dbiRegenIndexes(basehandler). This function seems not to be supported anymore, so I just wonder if such a call is needed at all in Nexus Embedded Server, and if needed, what is now the correct syntax ?? I don't know the answer to your question but if you can't find answers here you may like to know that nexus db have there own free newsgr...

Google Analytics in Android Apps (Delphi XE 5)
Hello, Anybody has integrated Google Analytics API in your Android apps? I cannot find samples or ready FMX components so would be great to get any hints in this direction. JVESoft has a component for XE5 that does it. The component is designed for IOS but it could be converted to Android pretty easy I think. http://www.fmxexpress.com/use-google-analytics-in-your-delphi-firemonkey-ios-apps/ The other option is to use the native Android SDK client this way: http://www.fmxexpress.com/implement-custom-android-sdk-callback-events-with-delphi-xe5-firemonkey-on-android/ ...

Running a Delphi XE7 Android app on an Intel device using Houdini
To run the FireMonkey app Intel (Atom) version Android terminal - RAD Studio XE7 http://community.embarcadero.com/blogs/entry/intel-atom-android-firemonkey-rad-studio-xe7-1-en -- Remy Lebeau (Indy Team) ...

Can Programs developed in Delphi 5 run on Windows 7? And upgradable to XE3?
We have a large client/server system developed 10 years ago using Delphi 5 running on Windows XP. We now need to upgrade the Operating System platform to Microsoft Windows 7 but found that the old system developed in Delphi 5 could not be installed in Microsoft Windows 7. Could any expert give answers to my 2 questions below? Appreciate a lot for your help. (1) Is it correct that Delphi 5 does not support Microsoft Windows 7 so programs developed in Delphi 5 cannot be installed and run in Microsoft Windows 7 environment? (2) Is it feasible and easy to upgrade the old programs develo...

Delphi 5 to Delphi 6 conversion
Hi We are moving our product from D5 to D6. I have dealt with all the deprecated functions. However, we are getting various platform specifc warnings. These include: Symbol 'FileGetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'FileSetAttr' is specific to a platform Symbol 'faReadOnly' is specific to a platform We want this conversion to be carried out correctly. We don't view the simple solution of switching off those warnings or symbols as being the correct way. What we want is the same platform independence as other functions. For example, all o...

Migration from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005
Hi, Currently we are using Delphi 5 in that we have lot of source file now we planned to migrate from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005. My question is - 1. Is it possible to migrate directly from Delphi 5 to Delphi 2005, my old code was developed using Delphi 5 IDE. Can we able to compile and build without any issue in Delphi 2005? 2. If we can able to do then what are the ways to migrate to Delphi 2005 IDE and also provide some link regarding this migrate? Thanks, Rizwan Rizwan Ahmed schrieb: > Hi, Currently we are using Delphi 5 in that we have lot of source > f...

Upgrading to Delphi 2009 from Delphi 5

Web resources about - Can I assume the new Nexus 5 will run Delphi Android apps ? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

Android Apps - Appolicious ™ App Directory
... You'll Love in association with Trending: games photography photo editing keyboards Join Sign In with Yahoo! Already a member? Log in Android ...

Android phone name generator
Just click on the logo. ∞ Read this on The Loop

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Android version distribution since December 2009. As of January 2014, Android 4.x Jelly Bean is the most widely used Android version, ...

Halfbrick’s Star Skater Races Onto iOS, Android
Halfbrick has launched its newest game, Star Skater, on iOS and Android. Created in collaboration with Shawn McInerney of MooseMouse , the level-based ...

Apple’s rumored display shift could push even more Android vendors to switch to OLED
... LCD to OLED screens in future iPhones, suggesting that Apple’s efforts will also have a welcome side effect. Other smartphones, including Android ...

Google Spruces Up Android Wear With New Designer Faces
... statement should be able to find something they like out of the new designs. If not, there are loads of other free watch faces for Android, ...

Android power! 2015's top tips, tricks, and buying advice
What?! Another year, almost over? How is that even possible ? I don't know where the time goes, but I do know this: 2015 has been an absolute ...

Don’t Miss These Android Stories: December 18, 2015
... Droid Life Show. Oh, we also shared more and more last minute holiday deals, many of which you can find below in our list of the best Android ...

Evernote's Skitch will soon bid Android, iOS and Windows farewell
If Skitch is one of your favorite sketching and annotation apps, we hope you're using a Mac, because it's saying goodbye to Android, iOS and ...

Microsoft Skype Translator Tech Arrives on Android, iOS
Spoken translations come to the updated Microsoft Translator apps for Android handsets, iPhones and connected smartwatches.