Anyone want old Turbo Pascal, Turbo C/C++, Borland C++, C++Builder user manuals (paperback)?

Hi,

I'm going to be moving in the next couple of months and I've got a bunch of
old Turbo/Borland Pascal, Turbo/Borland C/C++, and C++Builder user manuals
that I no longer have any use for.  I am going to throw them into the
recycle bin next week, UNLESS someone wants them.  I will be glad to give
them to anyone that wants them if you'll pay for shipping.  I don't have a
list of all the manuals yet (I still need to clean the garage), but if you
are interested, let me know which manuals you might be interested in, and
I'll let you know if I have them.

The top edges have my name written on them in permanent marker, but
otherwise they are in excellent (near mint) condition and have been packed
away in boxes for at least 15 years (the last time I moved!).

I am pretty sure I have these:

Turbo C++ 2.x
Borland C++ 3.x
Borland C++ 4.x

and probably more.

I definitely have this one (on my shelf):

Borland C++ 5.x (users guide, programmers guide, OWL programmers guide,
language reference, OWL reference)

I will try to post a complete list later today.

- Dennis
0
Dennis

Okay, here's what I have found so far.  Most of them are in excellent (near
mint) condition.

Turbo Pascal 5.0 - Reference Guide
Turbo Pascal 5.0 - User's Guide

Turbo Pascal 5.5 - Object-Oriented Programming Guide

Paradox Engine 1.0 - User's Guide

Delphi 2 - User's Guide
Delphi 2 - Reference Library Guide
Delphi 2 - Getting Started
Delphi 2 - ReportSmith (version 3)

Borland C++ 3.0 - Borland Paradox Engine, Database Framework Reference
Borland C++ 3.0 - Borland Paradox Engine, Database Framework Quick Reference
Borland C++ 3.0 - Borland Paradox Engine, Pascal Reference
Borland C++ 3.0 - Borland Paradox Engine, C Reference
Borland C++ 3.0 - Borland Paradox Engine, C & Pascal Quick Reference
Borland C++ 3.0 - Borland Paradox Engine, User's Guide
Borland C++ 3.0 - Crystal Reports, Developer's Edition
(I think I have the rest of the Borland C++ 3.0 manuals somewhere
(reference, user guide, etc) -- I'm still looking for them)

Borland C++ 4.0 - Library Reference
Borland C++ 4.0 - Programmer's Guide
Borland C++ 4.0 - User's Guide
Borland C++ 4.0 - Borland PowerPack for DOS, User's Guide
Borland C++ 4.0 - DOS Reference
Borland C++ 4.0 - Borland ObjectWindows For C++, Programmer's Guide (version
2.0)
Borland C++ 4.0 - Borland ObjectWindows For C++, Reference Guide (version
2.0)
Borland C++ 4.0 - Quick Reference Card
Borland Turbo Vision 2.0 - Programmer's Guide

Borland C++ 4.5 - Quick Tour (3 copies)
Borland C++ 4.5 - Getting Started (3 copies)
Borland C++ 4.5 - Interbase Server Getting Started
Borland CodeGuard for Borland C++ 4.5 - User's Guide
Borland Database Desktop - User's Guide (version 5.0)
Borland Database Engine - User's Guide (version 2.0)

Borland C++ 5.0 - Quick Tour & Quick Reference
Borland C++ 5.0 - ObjectScripting, Programmer's Guide (recycled paper cover)
Borland C++ 5.0 - ObjectScripting, Programmer's Guide (glossy cover)
Borland C++ 5.0 - OWL Poster (glossy)
Borland C++ 5.0 - Quick Reference Card
Borland C++ 5.0 - Quick Tour (glossy cover)
Borland C++ 5.0 - Interbase, Operations Guide (dated 1997)
Borland C++ 5.0 - Interbase, Operations Guide (dated 1998)

Borland SQL Links, Connecting to Sybase and MS SQL Server (version 2)
Borland SQL Links, Connecting to Informix (version 2)
Borland SQL Links, Connecting to Interbase (version 2)
Borland SQL Links, Connecting to Oracle (version 2)
Borland SQL Links, Getting Started (version 2)
Interbase Server, Getting Started (dated 1995)

The Borland C++ 5.0 books listed below come in a nice, desktop box:
Borland C++ 5.0 - User's Guide
Borland C++ 5.0 - Programmer's Guide
Borland C++ 5.0 - ObjectWindows Programmer's Guide
Borland C++ 5.0 - Language Reference
Borland C++ 5.0 - ObjectWindows Reference
Borland C++ 5.0 - ObjectWindows 2.5 Poster (glossy)

C++Builder (1.0) - User's Guide
C++Builder (1.0) - Programmer's Guide
C++Builder (1.0) - Database Application Developer's Guide
C++Builder (1.0) - VCL Reference Volume 1
C++Builder (1.0) - VCL Reference Volume 2
C++Builder (1.0) - Quick Reference Card
C++Builder (1.0) - VCL Poster (glossy)

C++Builder 3 - Developer's Guide
C++Builder 3 - VCL Reference Volume 1
C++Builder 3 - VCL Reference Volume 2
C++Builder 3 - VCL Poster (glossy)
C++Builder 3 - Quick Reference Card

C++Builder 4 - Developer's Guide

Borland C++Builder 4 Unleashed (Kent Reisdorph, et. al.)
C++Builder 5 Developer's Guide (Hollingsworth, Butterfield, Swart, Allsop,
et. al.)

Other books:

Microsoft Win32 Programmer's Reference, Volumes 1-5 (dated 1993) (these are
heavy - not mint, but still very nice)

Microsoft MS-DOS Upgrade (version 6.22) - User's Guide

Microsoft Windows NT 3.5 - Installation Guide
Microsoft Windows NT 3.5 - System Guide
Microsoft Windows NT 3.5 - User's Guide
Microsoft Windows NT 3.5 - Hardware Compatibility List
Microsoft Windows NT 3.5 - Update Information For Version 3.51

- Dennis

<Dennis Jones> wrote in message news:417135@forums.embarcadero.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to be moving in the next couple of months and I've got a bunch
> of
> old Turbo/Borland Pascal, Turbo/Borland C/C++, and C++Builder user manuals
> that I no longer have any use for.  I am going to throw them into the
> recycle bin next week, UNLESS someone wants them.  I will be glad to give
> them to anyone that wants them if you'll pay for shipping.  I don't have a
> list of all the manuals yet (I still need to clean the garage), but if you
> are interested, let me know which manuals you might be interested in, and
> I'll let you know if I have them.
>
> The top edges have my name written on them in permanent marker, but
> otherwise they are in excellent (near mint) condition and have been packed
> away in boxes for at least 15 years (the last time I moved!).
>
> I am pretty sure I have these:
>
> Turbo C++ 2.x
> Borland C++ 3.x
> Borland C++ 4.x
>
> and probably more.
>
> I definitely have this one (on my shelf):
>
> Borland C++ 5.x (users guide, programmers guide, OWL programmers guide,
> language reference, OWL reference)
>

> I will try to post a complete list later today.
>
> - Dennis
0
Dennis
11/5/2011 9:51:38 PM
Just found these:

Delphi 2 - VCL Poster
InterBase Operations Guide (glossy, version 5.5)

- Dennis

<Dennis Jones> wrote in message news:417144@forums.embarcadero.com...
> [...]
>> list of all the manuals yet (I still need to clean the garage), but if
>> you
>> are interested, let me know which manuals you might be interested in, and
>> I'll let you know if I have them.
>>
>> The top edges have my name written on them in permanent marker, but
>> otherwise they are in excellent (near mint) condition and have been
>> packed
>> away in boxes for at least 15 years (the last time I moved!).
>>
>> I am pretty sure I have these:
>>
>> Turbo C++ 2.x
>> Borland C++ 3.x
>> Borland C++ 4.x
>>
>> and probably more.
>>
>> I definitely have this one (on my shelf):
>>
>> Borland C++ 5.x (users guide, programmers guide, OWL programmers guide,
>> language reference, OWL reference)
>>

>> I will try to post a complete list later today.

0
Dennis
11/6/2011 12:23:47 AM
More:

Borland C++ 6 - Quick Start
Borland C++ 6 - Developer's Guide

OS/2 2.0 - 5.25" floppies (25) (no manuals)

Corel Draw 3.0 (CorelDRAW, CorelCHART, CorelPHOTO-PAINT, CorelSHOW)
Includes Manuals, VHS Introduction Video (54 minutes, NTSC), and the
original box
(the installation disks are around here somewhere too)

> [...]

>> list of all the manuals yet (I still need to clean the garage), but if
>> you
>> are interested, let me know which manuals you might be interested in, and
>> I'll let you know if I have them.
>>
>> The top edges have my name written on them in permanent marker, but
>> otherwise they are in excellent (near mint) condition and have been
>> packed
>> away in boxes for at least 15 years (the last time I moved!).
>>
>> I am pretty sure I have these:
>>
>> Turbo C++ 2.x
>> Borland C++ 3.x
>> Borland C++ 4.x
>>
>> and probably more.
>>
>> I definitely have this one (on my shelf):
>>
>> Borland C++ 5.x (users guide, programmers guide, OWL programmers guide,
>> language reference, OWL reference)
>>

>> I will try to post a complete list later today.

0
Dennis
11/6/2011 12:39:24 AM
I'm interested in acquiring your old books.

Please write me: steve_goa@yahoo.com

--
Regards,
Steve Faleiro

About C and C++
Hello, I will resume it like this: On the criterias of "complexity" and "difficulty", the C and C++ programming languages are more complex and difficult than Object Pascal for example, so since they are more complex and difficult they are likely to create something like a darwinian filter who don't let the weaker humans among us humans to cross or to climb the social ladder, this is why i think that C and C++ do participate to social darwinism, this is why i say that C and C++ are bad. Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. Amine Moulay Ramdane wrote: > He...

C++ or C#
HI, I have still seen that many big companies are still using C++ as their primary language of choice instead of C#. Like IBM stilll prefers C++ over c#. Any reason ???HighOnCodingWanna get high! Well not everybody has the .net framework installed. C++ will work on any platform, c# will not yet because the framework has not been ported to all platforms yet (e.g. mac). Also you have to think of the expense of a large company to retrain ALL its coders to use the new framework. Not exactly practical in the short term David LeggDave Legg Considering that they have a huge c...

C or C++
What's the difference in using C or C++ for ultralite developments?. Novice user. Thank you The ONLY difference is YOUR preference. There is no speed difference between the two. If you are very used to C++ but not used to SQL, then the C++ API maybe a better choice. If you are familiar with SQL, the embedded SQL may make more sense. -- David Fishburn Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup EBFs and Whitepapers http://www.sybase.com/products/mobilewireless/anywhere/ "Lorenzo Mota" <lorenzomota@aol.com> wro...

Landing c-c-breaking changes that remove c-c-only code from m-c
Thanks to the work that Anne has done on the Encoding Standard specification and the work that Masatoshi Kimura and I have done to progressively implement the specification in Firefox, we are now at a point where there's a whole bunch of internationalization-related dead code in Firefox. The code is still used by mailnews, though. I am not done preparing the removal patches yet, but with my current patch queue I can already get 149 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized apk size and 138 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized libxul size. (I'm not sure what sort of size wins are conside...

Landing c-c-breaking changes that remove c-c-only code from m-c
Thanks to the work that Anne has done on the Encoding Standard specification and the work that Masatoshi Kimura and I have done to progressively implement the specification in Firefox, we are now at a point where there's a whole bunch of internationalization-related dead code in Firefox. The code is still used by mailnews, though. I am not done preparing the removal patches yet, but with my current patch queue I can already get 149 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized apk size and 138 KB off of Android ARMv7 optimized libxul size. (I'm not sure what sort of size wins are conside...

Instant C++ C# to C++ Converter
We've just released version 1.0 of the Instant C++ C# to C++ converter.  Instant C++ converts to either C++/CLI (2005) or Managed C++ (2003).Instant C++ converts C# projects, folders, files, and snippets. David Antonwww.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.comInstant C#: VB.NET to C# ConverterInstant VB: C# to VB.NET ConverterInstant C++: C# to C++ ConverterInstant J#: VB.NET to J# ConverterClear VB: Cleans up outdated VB.NET code David Antonhttp://www.tangiblesoftwaresolutions.comConvert VB to C#, C++, or JavaConvert C# to VB, C++, or JavaConvert C++ to C#, VB, or JavaConvert Java to C#, C++, or...

C++Builder 2010 and Turbo C++ on the same machine
Hi, I have Turbo C++ 2006 Explorer installed on my PC. A few days ago I decided to try C++Builder 2010 and installed the trial version. It appears to work fine, but instead Turbo C++ does not work any longer: when I try to run it, splash screen is displayed and then four message boxes with errors come up consecutively (three about access violation and one about EPackageRegistrationException). Then Turbo C++ just terminates. Can anyone help me with this? Is there something I didn't do (or I did but shouldn't have), or these two products simply can't both be installed on the sa...

Coordinating landing on m-c and c-c
In Bug 778668 I'm making changes to the nsIAlertsService that impacts code in m-c and c-c. What's the best way coordinate these landings while not breaking c-c? My m-c patch will do m-i -> m-c -> c-c, but I have no idea which revision of m-c is picked up by c-c and when. Fabrice On 8/8/2012 3:34 PM, Fabrice Desré wrote: > What's the best way coordinate these landings while not breaking c-c? > My m-c patch will do m-i -> m-c -> c-c, but I have no idea which revision > of m-c is picked up by c-c and when. c-c (and try-c-c) always builds the...

Migration from Turbo C++ 2.0 to Borland C++ 5.5.1
Where can I find a substitue for: Biosprint Bioskey setvect getvect _gtsave _gtrest Thanks, Moises Moises Romero wrote: > Where can I find a substitue for: > Biosprint > Bioskey > setvect > getvect > _gtsave > _gtrest > > Thanks, > Moises Those are things you won't find and should not use in a Win32 environment. Bios functions and Int21h functions should not and generally can not be used in Win32. You should try to find the corresponding API calls and use those. -- Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) http://www.teamb.com "...

C++Builder 2010: same old bugs.... goodbye, C++Builder.
I've tried the demo version, built my OCX, set the constrained size, and added some event handler. It works exactly like the old Borland CBuilder 6: the grab handles does not follow the constrained size, the OnCloseQuery and OnDestroy events are not fired, there's is not an OnAmbientChange event available. Building OCX is an important feature for us, as our customer needs them... so, if i were the one that take the final decision, i'll migrate to MS developement tools.... i'm not that one, but i'll strongly push in that direction. It's a shame, anyway. If yo...

Help me start setting up very old Borland C++ project using C++ Builder
Hi, I am very new to this both C++ and C++ Builder community. My questions may sound silly but they are not to me. I have been assigned to modify a very old project with the code library. I do not have any system/builder information like what compiler and interfaces or any third party assemblies this project incorporated with. All I have is the list of .cpp, .dfm, .obj and .h files. By this list I assumed this project should have been compiled in C++ compiler. So I have downloaded the free Borland C++ compiler and installed it. After setting up the compiler I did try compiling my pro...

cvs commit: parrot chartype.c datatypes.c disassemble.c dod.c encoding.c global (fwd)
FYI- I just re-indented a bunch of code, using the tools/dev/run_indent.p= l = script. --Josh ------- Forwarded Message Date: 02 Nov 2002 14:57:48 +0000 From: josh@cvs.perl.org To: cvs-public-parrot@perl.org Subject: cvs commit: parrot chartype.c datatypes.c disassemble.c dod.c en= coding .c global_setup.c hash.c jit.c key.c method_util.c misc.c packdump.c = packout.c pdb.c pdump.c pmc.c pxs.c register.c res_lea.c resources.c = runops_cores.c rx.c rxstacks.c spf_render.c spf_vtable.c stacks.c str ing.c sub.c warnings.c cvsuser 02/11/02...

sgcWebSockets for C++ Builder 6
The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. [http://www.esegece.com/manual/sgcWebSockets.pdf] a) All Delphi/C++Builder Versions: Add the directory {$DIR}\source to the library path How can I run delphi code in a C++ Builder Project? Is it possible? > {quote:title=Eliseu Martins Gomes wrote:}{quote} > The library documentation and the install readme says that the project, who was build for Delphi, works as well for C++ Builder. Most Delphi components are usable in C++Builder...

Web resources about - Anyone want old Turbo Pascal, Turbo C/C++, Borland C++, C++Builder user manuals (paperback)? - embarcadero.delphi.non-tech

C++Builder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
owned by Embarcadero Technologies , for writing programs in the C++ programming language targeting Windows and OS X . C++Builder combines the ...

Embarcadero C++Builder XE5 Delivers New iOS Support
Embarcadero Technologies delivered C++Builder XE5, which enables C++ developers to build native Windows, Mac and iOS apps in C++.

Sneak Preview: Delphi 2011 is Delphi XE
... next three weeks, we'll be previewing some of the great new things that are coming in the upcoming versions of RAD Studio XE, Delphi XE, C++Builder ...

VCL versus CLX
This paper will look at the new CLX library (pronounced clicks ) that ships with all versions of Kylix and also with Delphi 6 and later. Delphi ...

DevExpress Industry Recognition - Recent Awards
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Visual Studio 11 Beta Today
Feature-Complete Components, IDE Tools, and Business Application Frameworks for Visual Studio, Delphi and C++Builder

Products
... development product (Elevate Web Builder). Our first-generation database engine product, DBISAM, is a good fit for Delphi and C++Builder application ...

C++Builder XE3 - Rapid visual C++ development environment
C++Builder XE3 is the fastest way to create high performance native applications for Windows 8 and Mac OS X Mountain Lion, including Retina display ...

Programming with RAD Studio Index
Show: Delphi C++ Display Preferences From RAD Studio XE3 Jump to: navigation , search Go Up to Delphi Developer's Guide This section describes ...

Visual Build Professional Help
Contents - Index Introduction Overview Why Visual Build? New Features Version 4 Version 5 Version 6 Version 7 Version 8 License Agreement Installation ...