windows api functions

Hi,Is my convertion of two Windows API functions to Delphi correct?The
prototypes of two Windows API functions:LONG TTEmbedFont(
  HDC hDC,
  ULONG ulFlags,
  ULONG ulCharSet,
  ULONG* pulPrivStatus,
  ULONG* pulStatus,
  WRITEEMBEDPROC lpfnWriteToStream,
  LPVOID lpvWriteStream,
  USHORT* pusCharCodeSet,
  USHORT usCharCodeCount,
  USHORT usLanguage,
  TTEMBEDINFO* pTTEmbedInfo
);typedef unsigned long( WINAPIV *WRITEEMBEDPROC ) (
  void* lpvWriteStream,
  const void* lpvBuffer,
  const unsigned long cbBuffer,
);
There is my conversion:function TTEmbedFont(hDC: THandle;
ulFlags: DWORD;              ulCharSet: DWORD;              var
ulPrivStatus: DWORD;              var ulStatus: DWORD;
lpfnWriteToStream: TWriteEmbedProc;              lpvWriteStream:
TFileStream;              pusCharCodeSet: PWORD;
usCharCodeCount: WORD;              usLanguage: WORD;              var
pTTEmbedInfo: TEmbedInfo): DWORD; stdcall;TWriteEmbedProc =
function(lpvWriteStream: TFileStream; lpvBuffer: pointer; cbBuffer: DWORD):
DWORD; stdcall;Thank youAlexander
0
Alexander
8/27/2008 11:07:55 AM
embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi 1236 articles. 1 followers. Follow

PB 7.0 Build 5031 Window-level functions NOT Windows API function
I am using the evaluation copy of PB 7. I have created a function in a window, uf_helpme(String as_text). I would like to add an additional parameter so that it is uf_helpme(String as_text, Integer level). How do you do this? The only thing I can figure out is to delete and re-create the function. Is there a way to edit the parameters and return values of a function? Is there a way to copy a window-level function (Save As..). TIA. Anthony Make sure the header of the script pane is open (see the Header and Footer buttons to the right of the ancestor dropdown). Right cl...

Some equivalent functions Windows API functions..?
Hi, I need to convert a libary for my andoid application. Before starting, I want to ask you if there is an easy way of using windows unit functions. I guess not, then what functions can help me for the replacement. FillMemory ( Fillchars is looking good) CopyMemory ( CopyArray ?? needs some codding ) WriteFile ( have no idea yet ) MoveMemory ( MoveChars can do the same with the same parameters) Thanks Gurkan Gurkan Karagoz wrote: > Hi, > I need to convert a libary for my andoid application. > Before starting, I want to ask you if there is an easy way of using win...

Delphi and Windows Location API (Windows Sensor and Location Platform)
Hi, Is anyone aware of the existence of a Delphi "translation" of Windows Location API (Windows Sensor and Location Platform)? http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd464636(VS.85).aspx Thanks. JEFF ...

Delphi
Dear All, Sorry to ask 2 questions in 24 hours! (I have just come back to using Delphi after a break and I am finding the 2009 version fanstastic! - Just installing 2010 also!) Does anyone know how to call windows to hide/show the Wireless Networking Tray icon in Windows XP from Delphi? Many Thanks Mark <Mark Williams> wrote in message news:178978@forums.codegear.com... > Does anyone know how to call windows to hide/show the > Wireless Networking Tray icon in Windows XP from Delphi? System Tray icons can only be shown/hidden by the apps that call Shell_Notify...

window api function winhelp....
hi folks, i am calling window's api function winhelp FUNCTION long WinHelp(Ulong hwndMain, string lpszHelp, ulong uCommand, long dwData) library "user32" alias for "WinHelpA" with uCommand value 8 for Help_ContextPopup to show help window on the mouseover of any column in a datawindow. now my problem is that help window is destroyed only if i press escape key whereas i want it to be destroyed whenever i move away from the column.....there are windows api functions to find the window handle and destroying it but to find the window handle i need to pass t...

How do I use Windows API functions ?
Dear Groups, Can any body tell me How can I use and declare the windows API functions in my PB 8 ?? -- ITSCO Information Technology & Services Co. __________________________________ George Fouad TEL +20-2- 5780707, +20-2- 5780708, +20-2- 5780709 FAX +20-2- 5780747 Mobile : +20-2-010-1768955 MAILTO: george.fouad@e-postserv.com MAILTO: gorgfouad@yahoo.com GE Global eXchange Services is a business of GE Information Services Ltd, I guess it depends on which API function you want to use. Have a look at http://puterwerks.hypermart.net/api.html for more explanation. ...

Window API Memory function
Does anyone know the windows api function to get the Commit Charge current memory usage, limit and peak values? http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa965225.aspx On 29 Nov 2006 05:18:40 -0700, "Fred" <fred.peters@capbluecross.com> wrote: >Does anyone know the windows api function to get the Commit Charge current >memory usage, limit and peak values? > ...

Windows API File Functions
I want to ask if anybody here has implemented file functions (FileOpen, FileWrite etc.) by using Win32 API instead of the Powerbuilder native file functions? I need to use the win32 API because of the other file functions which i intend to use that requires WIN32 API calls. thanks. Have a look at the class pfc_n_cst_filesrvwin32 in the library pfcapsrv.pbl of the PFC. Should contain most of what you need. HTH Chris Werner <Benedict> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4270968a.4641.1681692777@sybase.com... >I want to ask if anybody here has implemented file functio...

Help: Windows API functions
I'm trying to list all computers connected to a network in a ddlb with the API functions WNetOpenEnum, WNetEnumResource and WNetCloseEnum, but it really isn't working. I created the NETRESOURCE structure in the structure painter and the function calls seem to be alright. The Open and Close functions seems to work as well, at least they both return 0. But the EnumResource function just delivers RROR_INVALID_ADDRESS (487). Has anybody tried something similar at one time or another, or does anybody have some great ideas? TIA, Eric Eric, May I suggest an easier way? ...

GetDriveType Windows API function
Hi all, I use this Windows API to create a treeview object that mimics Windows Explorer. My problem is that in Explorer, it correctly shows that I have a DVD-RAM Drive and a CD Drive, but when I use the function in PB, the return code is DRIVE_CDROM (unsignedinteger = 5) for both. Is there an additional check I can make to determine whether the drive is a DVD drive? Let me know. Thanks PB 10.2.1 (9637) Windows XP Pro MCE Mark Pare wrote: > Hi all, I use this Windows API to create a treeview object that mimics > Windows Explorer. My problem is that in Explorer, it ...

Windows API function listing?
Hello, hope this is the right place for this question... I see many uses for windows API functions, but don't know how to call them from PowerScript. I also don't know any except the ones mentioned here. Where can a list be found of Windows API function names, the arguments for the functions, and the processing they do? Thanks.... Try this URL: http://www.ultranet.com/~dsalomon/api/ Tom Ruska Greenbrier & Russel - Milwaukee Scott Louvau <s_louvau@serra.com> wrote in article <33E5FA0F.6FA9@serra.com>... > Hello, hope this is the right place for this que...

Windows API functions #3
First off, am i posting this in the correct forum? I saw native api in the header, and many of the questions don't look like they're asking for Windows functions. (I don't want to be rude, or misuse the forums guidelines, that's why I ask. Your free help is much appreciated) My concern. I'm writing a very simple app that copys an folder, and deletes others, and loads some text files into the app. That's it, very simple. The only two books I have on the subeject are Wiin95 API bible, i forget whole the author is, and marco Cantu's mastering Delphi 4, and bo...

GetPrinter Windows API function
Hello all, I need some help using the GetPrinter Windows API function. I am attempting to retrieve the paper size for a particular printer (letter, legal, A4). I have set up the proper structure for the second level structure which is for printer details. My declaration is as such: Function long GetPrinterA (long hPrinter, long Level, ref str_printer_info_2 pPrinter, long cbBuf, ref long pcbNeeded) library "winspool.drv" The string variables in the function show up. However, the longs and integers show up as senseless numbers. These numbers change everytime I call it ...

Windows API function call
Hi, I have a database application in PB 7.02 & Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5 running on Windows 95. What I need to do is to capture the "Time Zone" from the "Regional Settings" in the Windows 95 settings. Need to know which 'API call' is to be used to get this data from the Windows settings and how to make the call from my PB application. Awaiting your speedy response, Regards, Mathan. ...

Web resources about - windows api functions - embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

Fatally weak MD5 function torpedoes crypto protections in HTTPS and IPSEC
... US Navy ) If you thought MD5 was banished from HTTPS encryption, you'd be wrong. It turns out the fatally weak cryptographic hash function, ...

Drop Point Knives: Function, Fit, Timeless
Drop Point Knives: Function, Fit, Timeless

Learning F# – The Thunderdome Principle for Functions
... One object enters, one object leaves! What I like about F# is that the language designers took a similar approach when they implemented functions. ...

HPE Offers Catalog of Virtual Network Functions for Telcos
The vendor's OpenNFV Solution Portal gives carriers a single place to find a range of VNFs that are pre-tested to run on their networks.

7 Useful Technical SEO Functions For Your E-commerce Website
This article was co-authored by Mate Dyekiss, SEO Strategist at IMI. An e-commerce website can create all the technical SEO issues onecan imagine: ...

Using AWS Lambda functions to create print ready files
... going to tell you about our processing architecture as well as at a recent performance improvement with the integration of AWS Lambda functions. ...

Political row over omitting Kerala CM from PM Modi’s function
Kerala chief minister Oommen Chandy on Saturday decided to keep away from Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s function in Kollam in south Kerala after ...

Surprise: Binge-Watching TV May Cause a Decline in Brain Function
With the second season of Transparent only a few days away, some bad news awaits us: According to a recent study and common sense, probably, ...

Power Through Your Work With a “Forcing Function”
... to flow faster and more easily when I know I only have a couple of hours to turn it in. Entrepreneur Dan Martell calls this a “forcing function” ...