Topendialog produces old XP style dialogs in 64 bit mode. [Edit]

I have an application that operates normally in 32 bit mode with the new style dialogs but when I change platform and compile for 64 bit, all the open and save dialogs show as the old style XP dialogs with a places bar.

This is XE8 on Win7.

Why should this happen?

Is there a way to get the new style dialogs in 64 bit?

Edited by: Andy Kozakewycz on Jul 23, 2015 8:26 AM
0
Andy
7/23/2015 3:27:03 PM
embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi 1236 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Andy Kozakewycz wrote:

> I have an application that operates normally in 32 bit mode with the
> new style dialogs but when I change platform and compile for 64 bit,
> all the open and save dialogs show as the old style XP dialogs with a
> places bar.
>
> This is XE8 on Win7.
>
> Why should this happen?

Have you verified that themes are enabled in the project settings for
the 64-bit project?

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0

Topendialog produces old XP style dialogs in 64 bit mode.
I have an application that operates normally in 32 bit mode with the new style dialogs but when I change platform and compile for 64 bit, all the open and save dialogs show as the old style XP dialogs with a places bar. Why should this happen? Is there a way to get the new style dialogs in 64 bit? ...

XP 64-bit Edition
Is there a netware client for XP 64-bit Edition or any plans for one? On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 08:55:48 GMT, darren.wright@freds.com wrote: >Is there a netware client for XP 64-bit Edition or any plans for one? There currently is no 64-bit client. Novell is looking into whether to produce one. --------------- Donald Albury Novell Product Support Volunteer SysOp Sorry, no replies to e-mail responses "If something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway." Bill Waterson http://support.novell.c...

Open Dialog
First, I did try to search the forum! It reported 24 hits for "open dialog" in the IDE forum, but never showed links to the results (using Chrome). Ok, we finally upgraded from 2009 to XE2 and the open dialog appears to have taken a step back in time. This is very frustrating as I have many folder locations to project source pinned in explorer as favorites (Windows 7). Open dialogs elsewhere show these including that used in my 2009 installation. Is there an option or registry tweak to get back to the newer dialog? It takes a very long time to navigate to source now using the new,...

Windows XP 64-Bit Edition
"Windows XP 64-Bit Preview: First Look at Athlon 64 Performance In case you missed the news, Microsoft has just released a public preview of XP 64-bit. Microsoft officially calls the new Operating System the "Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems". The Customer Preview can be downloaded for free or ordered on CD for a fee at the 64-bit Edition website. The CDs will not ship until mid-February, but the free 420MB download version is available NOW. We couldn't wait to download the preview of the new OS and run an Athlon 64 through some benchmarks.&q...

Delphi 64-bit coding [Edit]
How to write 64-bit ready code? I see that Delphi already has a new integer types for 64-bits... How to use them? *Edit*: Sorry, I asked imprecisely. I was thinking of new types, such as "NativeInt" and "NativeUInt" "Maciej Izak" wrote in message news:249827@forums.embarcadero.com... > How to write 64-bit ready code? I see that Delphi already has a new > integer types for 64-bits... How to use them? You cannot write 64 bit *code* with Delphi currently. This is actively being worked on for a future release. Int64 (i.e. 64 bit integer *data*)...

Windows XP 64-bit edition
Are there any plans for an iPrint client for Windows XP x64? Yes. Development is working on it. Delivery expected with Cyprus, end of 2006. ...

why we need Delphi 64-bit [Edit]
Hi All, Recently I run delphi application on Windows 2008 64bit to connect to Oracle 11g 64bit on another computer. It took me 3 hours that I have to install Oracle 64bit client and Oracle 32bit client on the Windows 64bit at the same time. [Edit---To add more details] Client : Windows 2008 Server 64Bit, without Oracle Server, need install Oracle Client Our Delphi Program Server : Windows 2008 Server 64Bit, with Oracle 11G Server 64Bit First, we try to install Oracle 32bit and set the ORCL TNS like what we do in our test enviroment with Windows Vista 32Bit a...

POSIX module in 64-bit mode does signals differently from 32-bit mode
I'm experiencing some strangeness with the POSIX module. This is 5.6.0 on HP-UX 11.00, compiled in 32-bit and 64-bit modes (-Duse64bitint and -Duse64bitall) with HP's ANSI C compiler. In 32-bit mode, the module tests out okay. In 64-bit mode, the "ok 10" message comes out before the "ok 9" message. The sections of test code are: $action = new POSIX::SigAction 'main::SigHUP', $mask, 0; sigaction(&SIGHUP, $action); $SIG{'INT'} = 'SigINT'; kill 'HUP', $$; sleep 1; print "ok 11\n"; sub SigHUP { ...

Windows XP Profession 64-bit edition
Windows XP Profession 64-bit edition Do you do the latest client for the 64-bit Windows XP Pro please.... as we have just had a PC delivered and Novell Client for Windows 4.91 SP1 will not run correctly.... When I reboot after install - I get no novell login, after logging in to Windows I then click on Start - programs - novell common - novell login and click on Tree I get the following error message: Error: A required network service has not started. Please check your error log for details. I have had a look at the error log but nothing stands out!! Please Help...... th...

windows xp pro 64 bit edition
is there a client that will attach to a novell 5 server. i have down loaded the latest client and it will not attach. the error message is that a "required network service has not started". my work station is an amd 64 bit using windows xp pro 64 bit edition. thanks for any help. No, there is no 64 bit Windows client from Novell -- folks have asked for it -- but apparently (at least so far) either not enough folks, or not enough BIG folks have pressed the point. With NW 5.0 or 5.1 (if you didn't get the Native File Access addon) I don't know of any way for 6...

Free Trial of Windows XP 64-Bit Edition
Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems Customer Preview Program "If you have a 64-bit ready PC, you now have the option to receive trial software for Windows XP 64-Bit Edition for 64-Bit Extended Systems via CD or download. Read below about the different options for obtaining the pre-release software, and then use the links on the right to register to order the CD Kit or download product files. Please note that in either case, the pre-release software is time-limited and will expire in 360 days." http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/downloads/upgrade....

Client for Windows XP Pro 64 bits Edition
I want to know if there's a version of Netware Client for Windows XP 64 Edition. Because when I install the version 32 bits available in the Novell's web site, show the messenge: "This version of the Novell Client for Windows only supports the 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows". Thanks a lot! wdantas, > I want to know if there's a version of Netware Client for Windows XP 64 > Edition. Not currently. To access the server you'll need to configure and use CIFS, part of the Native File access Protocol. -- Hamish Speirs Novell Support ...

Update for Windows XP 64-bit Edition (KB889016)
Update for Windows XP 64-bit Edition (KB889016) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=452ce484-b255-4203-8238-781828a26db0&displaylang=en ----------------------------------------------------------- Quote ----------------------------------------------------------- Quick Info File Name:WindowsXP-KB889016-ia64-ENU.exe Download Size:666 KB Date Published:4/5/2005 Version:889016 Overview This update makes a minor change in the operating system to allow debuggers and other tools to obtain information about the resources object (e.g., handles, heaps) through ...

64 bit cpu // 64 bit Os version // 64 bit powerbuilder?
Hi guys, Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? Kind regards A 64-bit version of PB does not (yet) exist. -- HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be Also check out my PB Reference site : http://www.pbinfo.be "Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> wrote in message news:eoSjDRaCDHA.331@forums-1-dub... > Hi guys, > > Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? > > Kind regards > > > > Since there are no OS Windows 64 bits, i wonder how it could be possible. Since there is a 64 bi...

Web resources about - Topendialog produces old XP style dialogs in 64 bit mode. [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi

[Delphi] unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Class - Pastebin.com
... Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls;type TForm1 = class(TForm) Memo1: TMemo; Button1: TButton; Button2: TButton; OpenDialog1: TOpenDialog; ...

HolgerKienle - SortieToolDemo
REPORT FOR THE SORTIE STRUCTURED TOOL DEMONSTRATION Holger Kienle and Xiaomin Wu 1. Introduction 1.1. Tool Rigi is an interactive, visual tool ...

IDE Fix Pack 2007 4.4 - Andy's Blog and Tools
Andy's Blog and Tools Delphi, C++Builder and other thoughts Skip to content Home IDE Tools DDevExtensions 2.6 IDE Fix Pack 5.1 IDE Fix Pack 2007 ...