Topendialog produces old XP style dialogs in 64 bit mode.

I have an application that operates normally in 32 bit mode with the new style dialogs but when I change platform and compile for 64 bit, all the open and save dialogs show as the old style XP dialogs with a places bar.

Why should this happen?

Is there a way to get the new style dialogs in 64 bit?
0
Andy
7/23/2015 2:46:58 PM
embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi 1236 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Topendialog produces old XP style dialogs in 64 bit mode. [Edit]
I have an application that operates normally in 32 bit mode with the new style dialogs but when I change platform and compile for 64 bit, all the open and save dialogs show as the old style XP dialogs with a places bar. This is XE8 on Win7. Why should this happen? Is there a way to get the new style dialogs in 64 bit? Edited by: Andy Kozakewycz on Jul 23, 2015 8:26 AM Andy Kozakewycz wrote: > I have an application that operates normally in 32 bit mode with the > new style dialogs but when I change platform and compile for 64 bit, > all the open and save dialogs show...

POSIX module in 64-bit mode does signals differently from 32-bit mode
I'm experiencing some strangeness with the POSIX module. This is 5.6.0 on HP-UX 11.00, compiled in 32-bit and 64-bit modes (-Duse64bitint and -Duse64bitall) with HP's ANSI C compiler. In 32-bit mode, the module tests out okay. In 64-bit mode, the "ok 10" message comes out before the "ok 9" message. The sections of test code are: $action = new POSIX::SigAction 'main::SigHUP', $mask, 0; sigaction(&SIGHUP, $action); $SIG{'INT'} = 'SigINT'; kill 'HUP', $$; sleep 1; print "ok 11\n"; sub SigHUP { ...

64 bit cpu // 64 bit Os version // 64 bit powerbuilder?
Hi guys, Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? Kind regards A 64-bit version of PB does not (yet) exist. -- HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be Also check out my PB Reference site : http://www.pbinfo.be "Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> wrote in message news:eoSjDRaCDHA.331@forums-1-dub... > Hi guys, > > Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? > > Kind regards > > > > Since there are no OS Windows 64 bits, i wonder how it could be possible. Since there is a 64 bi...

VS2008 Beta 2 install fails on Vista Business 64-bit & XP Pro 64-bit
I've posted these 2 posts on MSDN but thought I would try here ........... I am new to 64 bit windows, does anyone know whether I need to tell it to use WOW ? Regards KeithT Hi, Totally blocked trying to install on a clean install of Vista business. VS2008 initially reported could not install .net 3.5 framework, so installed it before trying again, but still the same error, does not seem to detect that it is present. A couple of line from the log file attached. Any help greatly appreciated as completely stuck.. KeithT [09/07/07,18:48:22] Microsoft .NET Framework v3.5 (x64)...

halt&blue screen-firefox on AMD 4200 64 bit with MS XP pro 64 bit
Name: walter Email: walter_at_baziuk.name Product: Firefox Summary: halt&blue screen-firefox on AMD 4200 64 bit with MS XP pro 64 bit Comments: after using firefox for a day, it starting to crash more often and give me a blue screen each time. this now occurs with 2 mintues after starting firefox. xp pro does not catch the firefox crash. xp pro dies with a blue screen halt- no way to catch what/where the issue is. has it been tested with xp pro 64 bit? has it been tested on a 64 bit 2 cpu AMD? i have uninstalled firefox as i need to use the new PC. unfortunately...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. Am 22.02.2012 19:20, schrieb Mehmet Fide: > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It > needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd numbe...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. > {quote:title=Mehmet Fide wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. > It > needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bc...

Excel 64-bit and Delphi 32-bit
Hi, Any known issues with using Excel 2010 64-bit with a Delphi 32-bit app (Delphi 2009) My app uses the ExcelXP TExcelApplication object and nothing real fancy. I basically opens Excel, gets a list of all the ranges, and then updates the cells. It works fine with Excel 2007 but I have one customer who is reporting problems and he has Excel 2010 64-bit. Also, is there a way for my app to determine if Excel is 32 or 64-bit so that I can log an appropriate message. -- Bob Small I think one the main points of the new Delphi 64-bit compiler was that it was required to be able...

Disadvantage in running an ASP.NET 32-bit application on a 64-bit Windows server in 32-bit mode?
 Hello,My ASP.NET application has some 32-bit DLLs I can't change.  I've deployed the application to a 64-bit Windows 2003 server and I can get it to run if I enable 32-bit ASP.NET support.My question:  is this configuration worth it?  Or would I be better off just running it on a Windows 32-bit Server?  Even more specifically, can a 32-bit application running on 64-bit Windows take advantage of the extra RAM the machine might have?Thanks!Mike There's really no disadvantage in running 32 bit application pool on a 64 bits system.With 64 bits OS, the OS ...

XML for Delphi XE6 32-bit/64-bit
I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a means to transfer text (could be long and lengthy) information back and forth between applications. I would appreciate any recommendation of such a resource. Or maybe XML is not a good option for my application? Thanking you all in advance. Andy Andy wrote: > I am looking for a straight-forward no frills XML library or component > that allows me to easily form an XML file and to parse it easily as a > means to transfer text (co...

XP 64 bit and GroupWise 32 bit client
Can anyone tell me if the GroupWise 6.5.x Windows client will run on Windows XP 64 bit OP. Thanks.. Nigel Probably not. It certainly ain't supported. -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) PLEASE: Do not e-mail me privately unless specifically asked. I'm a volunteer, not a Novell employee! All opinions and advice provided are MINE alone and NOT Novell's unless specifically identified as such. Novell does not officially monitor these forums. Enhancement requests for all Novell products ...

Upgrading from ASE (32-bit) 12.0.0.7 on Solaris 2.8 64-bit to ASE(64-bit) 12.5.1 on Solaris 64-bit
Hello all, We are planning to upgrade our ASE servers from a 32-bit ASE 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1 on Solaris 8. Could you please give what are the steps to be taken care and how do I start with ( Do I have to first upgrade to 32-bit12.5.1 and then upgrade to 64-bit ASE 12.5.1, or directly upgrade from 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1 ?). Could you also please point to some documentation (about upgrading 32-bit 12.0.0.7 to 64-bit 12.5.1). Thanks RK ...

Building 64 bit Python against 32 bit ASE on 64-bit Linux
I've been using various version of SYBASE=/usr/local/packages/sybase* to no avail. They all are giving me errors lated to "libblk". any ideas? /usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/local/packages/sybase_OLD/lib/libblk.a when searching for -lblk If possible could you CC mrogish at tigr dot org since I am using the Sybase.com forums reader and it is difficult to bookmark this thread. Thanks!!! -- Matt Rogish cronus:/local/src/Linux64/python/modules/sybase-0.37 # /usr/local/packages/python64-2.4.2/bin/python setup.py build running build running build_py c...

Web resources about - Topendialog produces old XP style dialogs in 64 bit mode. - embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi

[Delphi] unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Class - Pastebin.com
... Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls;type TForm1 = class(TForm) Memo1: TMemo; Button1: TButton; Button2: TButton; OpenDialog1: TOpenDialog; ...

HolgerKienle - SortieToolDemo
REPORT FOR THE SORTIE STRUCTURED TOOL DEMONSTRATION Holger Kienle and Xiaomin Wu 1. Introduction 1.1. Tool Rigi is an interactive, visual tool ...

IDE Fix Pack 2007 4.4 - Andy's Blog and Tools
Andy's Blog and Tools Delphi, C++Builder and other thoughts Skip to content Home IDE Tools DDevExtensions 2.6 IDE Fix Pack 5.1 IDE Fix Pack 2007 ...