Tools and techniques for Memory leak?

I am currently using ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown := true to check memory leaks in my Windows application (32 and 64bit using FireMonkey) and then find them in code and fix it. Are there any other ways to do this? Some special tools or some other techniques? Thanks!

I am using Delphi XE7 Professional.
0
Karu
4/17/2015 11:35:02 PM
embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi 1236 articles. 1 followers. Follow

> {quote:title=Karu Kaarigar wrote:}{quote}
> I am currently using ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown := true to check memory leaks in my Windows application (32 and 64bit using FireMonkey) and then find them in code and fix it. Are there any other ways to do this? Some special tools or some other techniques? Thanks!
>
> I am using Delphi XE7 Professional.

EurakaLog
0
wenjie
4/21/2015 5:44:33 AM
> {quote:title=wenjie zhou wrote:}{quote}
> EurakaLog
Good to know - I was hoping there was something non-commercial that I could use...
0
Karu
4/22/2015 6:30:15 PM
Karu Kaarigar wrote:

> I was hoping there was something non-commercial that I
> could use...

MadExcept has nice memory/resources leaks detector.
www.madshi.net

Free for non-commercial use.
http://help.madshi.net

--
Alex
0
> {quote:title=Alex Belo wrote:}{quote}
> MadExcept has nice memory/resources leaks detector.
> www.madshi.net
>
> Free for non-commercial use.
> http://help.madshi.net
Thanks! madExcept is the one for me.
0
Karu

Memory Leak, Leak, Leak, Leak.....
All, I have spent a lot of time watching the life being sucked out of my computer as I develop using PB during the day. I can document PB 7.0 8030 leaking memory every time I open and close the library, save an userobject, open a datawindow, etc. Some times the memory comes back when when I close PB, but mostly not. On one occasion I watched a nearly full restoration of available memory after closing Powerbuilder and then MSOutlook. How could MSOutlook release memory? Anyhows, I just had to vent. Is anyone else suffering the slow loss of memory? I don't see a lot of thr...

Memory leak tool
Hi, Will you recommend a tool/method to detect memory leak in an application constructed using PB 5.0.3. ---- Regards Anantha Anantha: I highly recommend BoundsChecker from NuMega Technologies. http://www.numega.com/ HTH Scott k.Anantharaman wrote in message <366CBDBD.A68AC80@hclt.com>... >Hi, >Will you recommend a tool/method to detect memory leak in an >application constructed using PB 5.0.3. >---- >Regards >Anantha > Greetings ! BoundsChecker is recommended for VC++,Delphi and VB? Will it be suitable for PB also.? Any experi...

memory leak tools
I need to troubleshoot memory leak on a specific NLM. Does anybody know a tool I can run to determine some type of memory usage or memory leak ? I heard someone mention about segmem or segment ...? regards, superemx NetWare 6.5 SP4a and SP5 memory tuning -- for servers with greater than 2G of memory. Download seg.nlm, run, output a segstats.csv http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/14445.html Note, the references there are to NetWare 5.1 and 6.0, but seg.nlm also runs on 6.5. Download memcalc from Cool Solutions: http://www.novell.com/coolsolut...

Memory Leak Detection tools
Hi, Can anyone recommend a tool for memory leak detection in PowerBuilder applications. Best regards, Asham Try to write your own code using API call of function Declare PB External Subroutine GlobalMemoryStatus (ref MEMORYSTATUS lpBuffer) Library "KERNEL32.DLL" and declare structure type MEMORYSTATUS from structure ulong dwLength ulong dwMemoryLoad ulong dwTotalPhys ulong dwAvailPhys ulong dwTotalPageFile ulong dwAvailPageFile ulong dwTotalVirtual ulong dwAvailVirtual end type Call function in your code and read memory status. It is...

memory leak tools #2
I need to troubleshoot memory leak on a specific NLM. Does anybody know a tool I can run to determine some type of memory usage or memory leak ? I heard someone mention about segmem or segment ...? regards, superemx Duplicate -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop ...

Delphi VCL Memory Leak?
I am dealing with a slow memory leak that causes a massive program to fail after more than a week running. So I started a leak hunt by stripping down the app to the first self written unit and checking. Low and Behold, it leaked. So I started with just a bare bones App - frame only, and it Leaked. I have duplicated it on Delphi 6 and on Borland Developer Studio 2006. Start with a new VCL app. Add nothing, but compile and run. Now Ctrl-alt-Del and set up to watch the memory of your empty app with out overl apping the app screen. Now click on your app and watch the memory size grow with every c...

Delphi 2009 memory leak
I have a small app that uses dbExpress for MS SQL. I have the apps ReportMemoryLeaksOnShutdown set to true. Any time I use dbExpress to call a simple stored procedure (returns a single record with 2 fields) when I close the application memory leaks are reported. I am unable to determine if there is a known memory leak with the dbExpress driver. Can anyone help? This is driving me nuts. Here is the message text: --------------------------- Unexpected Memory Leak --------------------------- An unexpected memory leak has occurred. The unexpected small block leaks are: 21 - 28 b...

Delphi XE memory leak?
Hi, I was browsing the net in search of DelphiXE reviews and features, when I found out [this| http://delphibugs.blogspot.com/2010/09/xe-new-bug-1-wild-memory-eating.html ] Can anyone confirm? I have not finished downloading the trial ISO yet (2 hours remaining <g>), but I will try to reproduce it myself when it's done. Cheers, G I didn't believe it would happen, but it did the same thing in my VM. I only even did it to say "doesn't happen here" because I find single purpose blogs like that astonishingly annoying. In any case, he's right. What&...

Delphi 2009 memory consumption (leak?)
Hi! I'm converting an old project of a couple of hundred files to Delphi 2009. In the process, I'm also changing the policy so, that instead of adding all my folders with code files to search path, I add the code files directly to the project and keep the search path empty (this among other things because at least in older Delphi's the length of the search path was limited and I started hitting the limit). At the same time I want to clean the project so, that I only add the files really needed, since my folde rs contain lots of legacy code files also that are no longer used. ...

Better tools for memory leak analysis
I have spent a lot of time hunting down memory leaks in Firebug (issue stil= l open) and it was always painful and frustrating experience. There are not= many tools available that would help to make the whole work simpler. The best way I have found so far, that helps to: a) see that my test-case is actually leaking b) get some information what (JS) objects are leaking ....is using about:memory and CC heap dump. CC heap dump: window.QueryInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIInterfaceRequestor). getInterface(Components.interfaces.nsIDOMWindowUtils). garbageCollect(Components...

A tool for testing the memory leaks in the dll.
Hi, We have a console application in c#.net along with the dll provided for it. We want a tool which can detect the memory leakages by testing only the dll. Can we test the memory leaks by testing the dll of a console application? We got many tools but for testing exe files or for testing the dll of the windows and web applications. What is the way for testing the console application's dll.  Try using FXCOP on it - you may need to supress some of the tests that deal with naming of variables and look for messages to deal with missing Dispose - if there are missing Dispose there ar...

Delphi 2010 - dbexpress
Hi I use the dbx driver for firebird named dbxfb.dll and in my application i do a select every seconds. the memory of the process increase every 30 minutes but when i use Fastmm to check the memory leaks : no memory leak. I have noticed that if i do not do the open and close primitive, no more memory leak !! Here is my source LQuery := TSQLQuery.Create(Self); LQuery.SQLConnection := SQLConnection; LQuery.CommandText := 'SELECT * FROM '+ TableName + ' where EventId = :EventId'; try LQuery.ParamByName('EventId').AsInteger := EventId; LQuery.Open; LResult...

Delphi XE TSQLStoredProcedure Memory Leak
I am running into a memory leak when I am using a TSQLStoredProcedure created at run time with parameters. Here is code example that is creating the problem. {code} // Create the stored procedure. SQLStoredProcedureRecordEvent := TSQLStoredProc.Create(nil); // Set the parameters of the stored procedure. with SQLStoredProcedureRecordEvent do begin // Set the sql connection. SQLConnection := SendgridEventHandlerDM.DataModule_SendgridEventHandler. SQLConnection1; // Set the name of the procedure. StoredProcName := 'CreateBounceRecord'; ...

Which tool to find and locate memory leaks?
I have a Delphi application (D2007) that is seriously leaking memory. After running for long periods of time (12 hours), it uses up all available Windows memory. It uses the following components: Indy 10 JVCL ProfDHTMLEdit TXMLParser ZipMaster Zeos data access components I've tried MemCheck and AQTime but was unable to get anything concrete. According to me, MemCheck doesn't work with D2007 and AQTime is too difficult and extensive to be useful. Is there any other tool? -- Regards, -Steve Faleiro- Steve Faleiro wrote: > I have a Delphi applicat...

Web resources about - Tools and techniques for Memory leak? - embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi

Chinese cooking techniques - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wet-heat, immersion-based cooking methods are the predominate class of cooking techniques in Chinese cuisine and are usually referred to as "zhǔ" ...

Why Kim Kardashian bakes her face: Makeup technique gives you a creaseless finish
IF YOU’VE had a crack at contouring, or even stumbled upon strobing — well, now there’s another lesson to be learnt when it comes to a flawless ...

Watch This Otter Juggle in Slow Motion to Get a Good Look at His Technique
Submitted by: (via mickeysutube ) Tagged: cute , otters , Video Share on Facebook

Use This Technique to "Channel" Your Options Trading Profits
We’ve talked before about the importance of support and resistance when looking at a stock chart. Back in October, I called it a trader’s “Swiss ...

His TV Technique is Unstoppable
The second season of my good friend David Rees's TV Show, Going Deep, is being rolled out . I haven't watched the new ones yet, but I enjoyed ...

The Simple Technique To Fit A 40-Hour Workweek Into 16.7 Hours
This incredibly simple time management system changed my workday.

6 Link Building Techniques You May Not Know About
6 Link Building Techniques You May Not Know About Forbes Link building has certainly undergone some changes over the past few years. You've ...

Holly Holm's perfect UFC 193 fight combined technique & guts
The new bantamweight world champion pitched a complete shut out Saturday night, against Ronda Rousey.

American Psychological Association: No More Participation In Torture, ‘Enhanced Interrogation Techniques’ ...
... Psychological Association has informed the U.S. government that it will no longer take part in torture, or ‘enhanced interrogation techniques.’ ...