SaveDialog not being displayed

Hello.

In an application developed with Delphi XE6 and deployed on Windows 7 computers, after a report is displayed on screen, the user has the option to print it to a file.
A button allows the user to select the directory where the file will be saved:

{code}
SaveDialog1: TSaveDialog;
..
..
..
procedure TppPrintDialog.btnPrintToFileClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
  if SaveDialog1.Execute then
    begin
{code}

In most of the Windows 7 computers where the application has been deployed, the report works correctly.
However, in some computers, nothing happens when SaveDialog1.Execute is, well, executed.

I have found a StackOverflow post (*http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2156013/savedialog-execute-not-doing-anyting-in-window-7*) with a reference to an Embarcadero post (*https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=196950&tstart=0#196950*) that states the following:
Problem there was resolved by deleting the executable name from "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options

In my case, the problem has not been solved because the application is not even listed on the mentioned registry entry.

I would appreciate if some assistance could be provided.
Thank you in advance.
0
Paulo
6/26/2015 2:55:34 PM
embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi 1236 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Paulo Mariano wrote:

> Hello.
>
> In an application developed with Delphi XE6 and deployed on Windows 7
> computers, after a report is displayed on screen, the user has the
> option to print it to a file.  A button allows the user to select the
> directory where the file will be saved:
>
> {code}
> SaveDialog1: TSaveDialog;
> .
> .
> .
> procedure TppPrintDialog.btnPrintToFileClick(Sender: TObject);
> begin
>   if SaveDialog1.Execute then

Try to change that to

  if SaveDialog1.Execute(Handle) then

just in case the dialog comes up beneath the active window.

I don't have any further ideas, sorry. None of my applications has ever
misbehaved this way...

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Peter Below wrote:}{quote}
> Paulo Mariano wrote:
>
> > Hello.
> >
> > In an application developed with Delphi XE6 and deployed on Windows 7
> > computers, after a report is displayed on screen, the user has the
> > option to print it to a file.  A button allows the user to select the
> > directory where the file will be saved:
> >
> > {code}
> > SaveDialog1: TSaveDialog;
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > procedure TppPrintDialog.btnPrintToFileClick(Sender: TObject);
> > begin
> >   if SaveDialog1.Execute then
>
> Try to change that to
>
>   if SaveDialog1.Execute(Handle) then
>
> just in case the dialog comes up beneath the active window.
>
> I don't have any further ideas, sorry. None of my applications has ever
> misbehaved this way...
>

> --
> Peter Below (TeamB)

Hello, Peter.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have failed to mention that the report was developed using ReportBuilder (https://www.digital-metaphors.com/).
I cannot try your suggestion because I don't have access to the code.
I just know it is like that because I have contacted ReportBuilder support.

The links listed in my original post (including one from Embarcadero) indicate that other developers have had the same problem.
I was wondering if you are able to access the Embarcadero post; if I try to access it, the following message is displayed: The specified message [196950] was not found.
In addition to the registry "solution", which does not work in my case, there might be other things to look at, as the StackOverflow post states: "After lots of unsuccessful attempts according to the voluminous exchanges in the Embarcadero group you mention".
Maybe one of those unsuccessful attempts could work for me.

Thank you again.
0
Paulo
6/26/2015 4:35:06 PM
Paulo Mariano wrote:

> Hello, Peter.
>
> Thank you for your prompt reply.
>
> I have failed to mention that the report was developed using
> ReportBuilder (https://www.digital-metaphors.com/).  I cannot try
> your suggestion because I don't have access to the code.  I just know
> it is like that because I have contacted ReportBuilder support.
>
> The links listed in my original post (including one from Embarcadero)
> indicate that other developers have had the same problem.  I was
> wondering if you are able to access the Embarcadero post; if I try to
> access it, the following message is displayed: The specified message
> [196950] was not found.

The forum server has the bad habit of crashing frequently, and in
several cases the message base was partially lost or the messages were
restored with different message IDs.

There is a fairly extensive archive of the newsgroups at
http://codenewsfast.com/, perhaps you can find more information there.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
0
> {quote:title=Peter Below wrote:}{quote}
> Paulo Mariano wrote:
>
> > Hello, Peter.
> >
> > Thank you for your prompt reply.
> >
> > I have failed to mention that the report was developed using
> > ReportBuilder (https://www.digital-metaphors.com/).  I cannot try
> > your suggestion because I don't have access to the code.  I just know
> > it is like that because I have contacted ReportBuilder support.
> >
> > The links listed in my original post (including one from Embarcadero)
> > indicate that other developers have had the same problem.  I was
> > wondering if you are able to access the Embarcadero post; if I try to
> > access it, the following message is displayed: The specified message
> > [196950] was not found.
>
> The forum server has the bad habit of crashing frequently, and in
> several cases the message base was partially lost or the messages were
> restored with different message IDs.
>
> There is a fairly extensive archive of the newsgroups at
> http://codenewsfast.com/, perhaps you can find more information there.
>

> --
> Peter Below (TeamB)

Hello, Peter.

The problem was solved by setting the compatibility of the application to Windows XP. I am still bothered by the fact that the "bug" is not consistent though; some Windows 7 computers do not have the problem, while others do.

Thank you.
0
Paulo

displaying a map in a Delphi app
Has anyone used something like Microsoft Earth or Google maps from a Delphi app? I don't mind using a TWebBrowser to display the actual map. I'd like to be able take an address from my data and display the location on a map, similar to what Google Maps or Mapquest does. Sorry about posting this in non-tech but I wasn't quite sure where it should go. Thanks, ================================= Ray Porter Information Systems Applications Development Manager Division of University Advancement University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Phone: (919) 259-9389 Fax: ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Display Refuses to Display
Hi. When creating a new document in DMS, the Author name shows as domain.postoffice.userid instead of Firstname Lastname. I've gone in and changed the default options under Tools -> Options -> Documents but that isn't sticking. We're run a synchronise against the user and post office but still no joy. Any suggestions? Thanxs FS. Fred, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Has your problem been resolved? If not, you might try one of the ...

Displaying Arabic in Delphi 2009 Editor
Hello, I am having trouble displaying Arabic strings in delphi 2009 editor. Here is an example. rse_NoDBSelected = '?? ??? ?????? ????? ????????! ???? ???????? ?? ???? ????? ?????? ????? '; Is shown as: rse_NoDBSelected = 'áã íÊã ÅÎÊíÇÑ ÞÇÚÏÉ ááÈíÇäÇÊ! ÅÎÊÑ ÇáãæÌæÏÉ Ãæ ÇäÔÆ ÞÇÚÏÉ ÈíÇäÇÊ ÌÏ...

Delphi XE5 iOS graphical display incorrect
Hi, In iOS if you create a form with a listbox with a tabcontrol tsearchbox and if you type in something in searchbox keyboard appears when it disappears a strip of 10 pixels of the upper part of the keyboard remain at the bottom of the screen. bb Manuel > {quote:title=Manuel Di Maio wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > In iOS if you create a form with a listbox with a tabcontrol tsearchbox and if you type in something in searchbox keyboard appears when it disappears a strip of 10 pixels of the upper part of the keyboard remain at the bottom of the screen. > > bb > Manuel H...

Displaying an Acrobat document in a Delphi XE5 application
I am trying to display a PDF in my application. I have installed Acrobat on the development machine and then I followed these instructions http://forum.codecall.net/topic/74519-easiest-way-to-show-pdf-file-in-delphi-application/ to register the ActiveX control. I have installed it into a new package which I have then installed. Now, I cannot find an ActiveX palette nor I can find the AcroPDF visual component to drop on my form. Any idea? Thanks, Christophe Well, I guess it's because it's a Firemonkey project in which ActiveX components are not available of course... So, ho...

displaying and printing word documents from delphi 2010
Can someone post some code sample displaying, printing a word document from delphi. Do you use a TwordDocument component? thank You > {quote:title=Andrew Bobby wrote:}{quote} > Can someone post some code sample displaying, printing a word document from delphi. > Do you use a TwordDocument component? > > thank You The simplest is just to use COM late binding. See example code here: http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Office_Automation Thanks. -Phil ...

A Delphi Developers Guide for 4K Displays [Edit]
After getting through this myself for our own product (we are still not done), I decided to put the experiences into a tutorial, how to make a Delphi application dpi-aware and, more importantly, what to do to make it really work. This tutorial intends to help you getting your Delphi Windows applications ready for ultra-high resolution ("4K") displays. It covers all topics from Delphi's UI scaling on systems with large fonts to per-monitor DPI-awareness on Windows 8.1: * Dots per Inch (DPI) explained * Windows and DPI, Delphi and DPI * Testing high resolutions * DPI virtu...

Application Icon
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong... I've today been playing with the borderstyles for my main form, also the border icons (minimise, maximise etc). I've decided to change the application icon - as I do with most projects. I run/build/compile and unlike my other projects, it continues to use the delphi icon. My main form is bsSizeable, biSystemMenu, biMinimize, biMaximize, fsNormal and dmActiveForm. Despite this, I can delete the exe, erase it, but the new versions still won't include my selected icon - I use the same icon in another open project in...

Webview not displaying in MacOS using Delphi XE4
unit Unit1; interface uses System.SysUtils, System.Types, System.UITypes, System.Rtti, System.Classes, System.Variants, FMX.Types, FMX.Controls, FMX.Forms, FMX.Dialogs, FMX.StdCtrls, Macapi.CocoaTypes, Macapi.Foundation, Macapi.AppKit, Macapi.ObjectiveC, FMX.Platform.Mac; type WebFrameClass = interface(NSObjectClass) ['{7BE750C8-DFEC-4870-851A-12DBCB0B78F6}'] end; WebFrame = interface(NSObject) ['{BCFA04BE-41AB-4B78-89C0-3330F12C7695}'] procedure loadRequest(request: NSURLRequest); cdecl; end; TWebFrame = class(TOCGenericImport...

TActionMainMenuBar wrongly displayed with Delphi 2010 [Edit]
A few customer reported that the main menu of my application display oddly, I am using a TActionMainMenuBar. It looks like folded together horizontally. Here are 2 customer screenshots: http://mail.jam-software.de/misc/treesize/ScreenShot0369.jpg http://mail.jam-software.de/misc/treesize/s17uqo.png Unfortunately we are not able to replicate this behavior here. It seems that it was introduced when switching from Delphi 2009 to Delphi 2010. Does anybody have an idea what could have caused this or seen a similar problem? Best Regards, Joachim ...

delphi 2010-vcl designer options displayed incorrectly.
Using delphi2010 on winxp sp3. I cant change the grid size in Tools>Options>Vcl Designer. The dialog is wrongly or only partially displayed and I cant access the grid sizing controls..delphi2007 on the same machine is ok..Can I change this setting in some other way?. thanks. steven smith wrote: > Using delphi2010 on winxp sp3. I cant change the grid size in > Tools>Options>Vcl Designer. The dialog is wrongly or only partially > displayed and I cant access the grid sizing controls..delphi2007 on > the same machine is ok..Can I change this setting in so...

How to change tab sheets displaying order in Delphi 7?
Dear ladies and gentlemen, I added some tab sheets in a TPageControl component in Delphi 7. I want to adjust the displaying order of these tab sheets at design time and run time, but I haven't find any corresponding property of TPageControl and TTabsheet to do this. How can I do? Thank you very much. Best regards. Xiaoguang ------------------------------------------------ GraphicsMagic links: http://www.mandrillsoft.com/en/software.html http://graphicsmagic.sourceforge.net/ Xiaoguang Ma wrote: > Dear ladies and gentlemen, > > I added s...

Delphi 7, display Object Inspector in Debug Mode
Hi, I'm using Delphi 7. When I load my project, the Object Inspector is displayed along the left side of my screen. Good. When I start debugging, the Object Inspector goes away. I can manually toggle it back on, but is there any way to force Delphi 7 to show me the Object Inspection in both standard development mode and while debugging? Thanks, Alain Alain Dekker schrieb: > I'm using Delphi 7. When I load my project, the Object Inspector is > displayed along the left side of my screen. Good. When I start debugging, > the Object Inspector goes away. I ca...

Web resources about - SaveDialog not being displayed - embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi

The Dirty Outlaw
For every platform, Parse SDKs make it awesomely flexible to save a ParseObject . Sometimes we want to know whether a particular ParseObject ...