HTML help API AV errors in 64 bit mode during debug.

Been using this for years with no problems in 32 bit mode, in 64 bit mode however there are access violations on any direct call to the API's

The api code is

   function HtmlHelp(hwndCaller : HWND; pszFile: PChar; uCommand : Integer;
                     dwData : DWORD) : HWND; stdcall; external 'hhctrl.ocx' name 'HtmlHelpW';

   function HtmlHelpA(hwndCaller : HWND; pszFile: PansiChar; uCommand : Integer;
                      dwData : DWORD) : HWND; stdcall; external 'hhctrl.ocx' name 'HtmlHelpA';

The access violations only occur during debugging in 64 bit mode, without the debugger it works OK.

Any clues?
0
Andy
7/14/2015 1:14:56 PM
embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi 1236 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Occasional errors with 32-bit Delphi 7 application on Windows 7 64-bit
Hi, I have a 32-bit Delphi 7 application which was deployed on some machines with Windows 7 64-bit. The application occasionally displays errors such as: "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" or "Error reading Label24.Font.Ch: Property Ch does not exist" (here the name "Charset" was apparently truncated to "Ch") I checked how those properties are declared on the form where the errors occurred, and all seems ok: - First form (where "Error reading ppDBText37.Border.Color: Invalid property value" occurs): ...

POSIX module in 64-bit mode does signals differently from 32-bit mode
I'm experiencing some strangeness with the POSIX module. This is 5.6.0 on HP-UX 11.00, compiled in 32-bit and 64-bit modes (-Duse64bitint and -Duse64bitall) with HP's ANSI C compiler. In 32-bit mode, the module tests out okay. In 64-bit mode, the "ok 10" message comes out before the "ok 9" message. The sections of test code are: $action = new POSIX::SigAction 'main::SigHUP', $mask, 0; sigaction(&SIGHUP, $action); $SIG{'INT'} = 'SigINT'; kill 'HUP', $$; sleep 1; print "ok 11\n"; sub SigHUP { ...

Delphi XE5 debugging 64 bit apps
Hello, I'm trying to debug a VCL application under 64bit target platform on Delphi XE5 Update 2 and Windows 7 64bit. Every time I receive "disconnected session" error as soon as the application start. How can I solve it ? Thank you, Davide ...

Delphi XE2: debugging a 64-bit Excel add-in
Hi all, I'm trying to update a 64-bit Excel add-in to export threadsafe functions. So far the exported functions are registered as not threadsafe. I've run into a problem debugging this add-in. Basically, debugging doesn't work: breakpoints are ignored, F4 has the same effect as F9. Environment: W7 64-bit, Excel 2010 64-bit, XE2 update 4. Target platform Win64, with build configuration Debug. In Project Options, Compiler, Linking I have Debug Information=true and Include remote debug symbols=true as well. Any ideas? Many thanks, Jan Hm, no responses yet. Nobody doin...

Debugging running Delphi XE on 64 bit machine
Running on a 64 bit operating system and debugging in Delphi XE the whole application either freezes or runs very slow. Anything I should be looking out for? Tried reinstalling and no luck. Thanks I have this too (freezes during debug) on Windows 7 enterprrise 32 bit. Put service pack 1 on today - no difference. Runs a few sessions, then hangs. Have to ctrl-alt-del and log off - or sometimes it will let me alt-tab to delphi and (white window) click on the red x - then windows says "not responding" and lets me terminate delphi. Looks like I need to detach, but can't g...

HELP! HELP!HELP: How to make bugzilla work for Windows7 (64 bit)
Hi There, I am in the process of installing Bugzilla at my company but not able to st= art successfully the application and like to know why: Here is the steps I took: My environment is : OS : MS Windows 7 (64 bit) VM Version : 8 1. Install Per l(5.8.1 or above) 2. Install MySQL 3. Install Apache2 4. Install Bugzilla 3.2 5. Install Perl modules 6. Bugzilla using apache 7. Perform local config file using checksetup.pl. Created bugs in mys= ql. I am not able to create the Bugzilla database by running checksetup.pl= .. Created user "bugs" as a...

64 bit cpu // 64 bit Os version // 64 bit powerbuilder?
Hi guys, Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? Kind regards A 64-bit version of PB does not (yet) exist. -- HTH Arnoud Url: http://www.gloriant.be Also check out my PB Reference site : http://www.pbinfo.be "Gunther Huygens" <ghuygens@be.xrt.com> wrote in message news:eoSjDRaCDHA.331@forums-1-dub... > Hi guys, > > Does anyone know if Powebuilder is available in 64 bit? > > Kind regards > > > > Since there are no OS Windows 64 bits, i wonder how it could be possible. Since there is a 64 bi...

Help Converting Delphi demo to C++Builder XE4 64 bit
I am converting some of the IntraWeb Delphi demos to C++Builder XE4. When I compile as 64-bit in C++Builder I get the error "expected unqualified-id" seen below. The error points to the * at the end of the word TIWApplication* Do you know how to fix this? //-- user supplied -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- namespace Iwinit { extern Iwapplication::TIWApplication* __thread WebApplication; } [bcc64 Error] IWInit.hpp(26): expected unqualified-id > {quote:title=Patrick Mikula wrote:}{quote} > I am converting some of ...

Using 64-bit DLL from Delphi, GetProcAddress gives error [Edit]
Hi, I have a DLL compiled with Visual Studio in C++, which is a wrapper to the lib files from the Logitech G15 LCD SDK API. The 32-bit version works fine with no issues. I then compiled the DLL as 64-bit. Checked with PE explorer and it showed it as a 64-bit DLL. Opened it with Dependency Walker, and it shows the exports are all there just like in the 32-bit one. However.. when I try to load a function, it's as if the function didn't exist in the DLL exports: (changed platform to 64bit in my Delphi project first) DLLHandle := LoadLibrary('lgLcdWrapperX64.dll'...

BDE.DBTables Error while compiling Delphi dll in 64 bit. [Edit]
I am compiling 32 bit dll developed in delphi with 64 bit target setting on Delphi XE2 trial version on windows 7. There is only one error when I do that: F1026 File not found: 'Bde.DBTables.dcu' (unit scope "Bde" indicates Win32 only) After googling , I came to the conclusion that BDE doesn't support on 64 bit.? When I look in the install directory win32 folder contains Bde.DBtables.dcu but in win64 , It isn't there. ? what should I do to avoid this error now. P.S: The dll is already compiling successfully in 32 bit target setting on Delphi XE2 trial v...

Cannot set DEBUG constant before including jsapi.h in 64-bit mode
I get the following compile failure when the DEBUG constant is set during a 64-bit build of my C++ application. It's OK under 32-bit however. In file included from /home/ajd/src/external/include/js/jspubtd.h: 47:0, from /home/ajd/src/external/include/js/jsapi.h:49, from ../src/Project_Internal.h:39, from ../src/Body.cpp:1: /home/ajd/src/Project/external/include/js/jsval.h: In function =91jsval_layout PRIVATE_PTR_TO_JSVAL_IMPL(void*)=92: /home/ajd/src/Project/external/include/js/jsval.h:528:5: error: cast from =91void*=92 to =...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. Am 22.02.2012 19:20, schrieb Mehmet Fide: > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit to 64 bit. It > needs 66 bit to store :/ Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd numbe...

is there a support for 128 bit at 64 bit delphi?
Hi, There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. It needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bcd number as string, output should be hexadecimal number as string. What is the pratical way to do this? Thank you. > {quote:title=Mehmet Fide wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > There is one bcd number has 20 digit. But it doesn't fit into 64 bit. > It > needs 66 bit to store. Anyway I need to convert this 20 digit number > to hex format. I mean, input is 20 digit bc...

Delphi 64 bit / Future Direction of Delphi
I am responding to the various requests for 64 bit and the discussion about the future direction of Delphi. I have a small company - we write software for new and used auto dealerships - sales and finance - coming out with accounting now and parts and service in the next few years. Our customers don't care about 32 bit vs 64 bit, etc. They want me to provide simple and convenient solutions to make their jobs easier. We have stuck with Delphi 5 for many years - I should have upgraded 5 years ago but it did the job. We are now in the early stages of a significant up...

Web resources about - HTML help API AV errors in 64 bit mode during debug. - embarcadero.delphi.nativeapi

Error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The word error entails different meanings and usages relative to how it is conceptually applied. The concrete meaning of the Latin word "error" ...

Google translated Russia to 'Mordor' in 'automated' error
Google releases a statement after one of its online tools translated "Russian Federation" to "Mordor".

Error 404: Security insights found
... are generally associated with client requests 500 - 599 are generally server related For the casual web user, an encounter with a 404 error ...

Google Translate ‘technical error’ labels Russia as evil kingdom of ‘Mordor’
... of the Rings’ fiery, evil kingdom of Mordor, and its foreign minister is a “sad little horse,” according to a Google Translate “technical error” ...

This self-installing car seat is designed to eliminate human error
The headaches of installing car seats safely may be cured with this connected car seat from 4moms . The seat is self-installing, which means ...

Avoiding errors and issues at the hospital - Videos - CBS News
More than 35 million Americans a year spend at least one night in a hospital, and the system may seem complicated to navigate. Dr. Tara Narula ...

US sailors made 'navigational error' : Pentagon
The 10 U.S. sailors held by Iran before being released on Wednesday made a navigational mistake, the U.S. military said on Thursday.

Carter: 'Navigational error' led sailors to Iran waters - CNNPolitics.com
The two U.S. Navy boats seized by Iran with 10 sailors on board were within three miles of Iran's Farsi Island when the Iranians took them.

Unlike Mozilla, Google anticipated SHA-1 errors from HTTPS traffic inspection systems
Earlier this week, Mozilla was forced to backpedal on banning new SHA-1 digital certificates because the move completely cut off some Firefox ...

Ted Cruz: Failure To Report Goldman Sachs Loan A 'Paperwork Error'
Old Tailgunner Ted feigned ignorance and had the nerve to play the poverty card when asked about the loan he "forgot to mention" to the FEC from ...