Delphi XE2 - Instructions on using new HTTPS protocol with Datasnap. [Edit]

I'm very excited about the Delphi XE2 update.  We have a client server application using Midware from Fpiette.  It has served us well for almost 10 years.  That being said, Datasnap has been promising looking with Delphi 10 and XE, but with the XE2, I was really excited about the addition of HTTPS protocol being added to the server.  The RSA/PC1 works good, but because some of our clients have strict firewall policies, https would solve alot of our headaches, making the application accessible without havi
ng to deal with IIS.

My problem:
I created a test server and defined TCP, HTTP, and HTTPS for the new server.  When prompted, I supplied the necessary certificate information.  The "Test" button returns success.  I start the server.  The TCP/HTTP listeners respond correctly from the client, but the HTTPS connections gives an error... "Socket Error #10053.  Software caused connection abort."

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Allen

Edited by: Diagnostic Imaging Associates Directory of Systems Technology on Sep 7, 2011 11:37 AM
0
Allen
9/7/2011 6:38:05 PM
embarcadero.delphi.multi-tier 396 articles. 0 followers. Follow

New to Delphi
Hi I am new to Delphi & want to know good resources for learning to use it. Is there a list of good Delphi learning resources (books/online tutorials) somewhere? What recommendations can anyone make for someone new to Delphi (& only a hobby programmer at the moment)? A couple of weeks ago I started with DelphiXE4 trial & have Googled for a few Delphi resources but I haven't found anything very good yet for me as a beginner. I'm just struggling along trying to learn as I go! (I'm presently struggling with DragandDrop...see [http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17232...

Access to legacy (Delphi 4) Midas server from Delphi XE2 [Edit]
Hello, My company biggest product is developped with Delphi 4 and uses several Midas servers. It's a really big application (still in evolution, since 1997) , that has been started with Delphi 3. A partial or complete rewrite of this application is planned in a mid term future, and I must study if we can envisage a soft migration of some parts of the software on Delphi XE2 (or XE4), or if a complete rewrite even of the servers parts is required. If a complete rewrite must be done, my boss doesn't exclude to study the possibility of using another development environment to rewri...

Debugging in Delphi XE2 using another Delphi BDS process as host
Hi I've been using delphi a long time And I always had the possibility of debbuging Packages using another Delphi process as host. This is very useful to test the design-time side of packages. Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host Application or Attach to process Any ideas? Thanks Plp Pedro wrote: > Now with XE 2 I can whether running with options - Debugger - Host > Application or Attach to process What exactly are you having trouble with? Error messages, unexpected behavior, etc. -- Remy Lebeau (TeamB) Hi Remy ...

Problem with printing, using Delphi XE2 [Edit]
I have problem with printing images using Delphi XE2. I have code Delphi 7, and this code work very well. {code} procedure Print; var ImgName: string; rect: TRect; jpg: TJPEGImage; begin OpenPictureDialog1.Execute; ImgName := OpenPictureDialog1.FileName; rect.TopLeft:=Point(0,0); rect.BottomRight:=Point(Printer.PageWidth,Printer.PageHeight); jpg := TJPEGImage.Create; jpg.LoadFromFile(ImgName); Printer.BeginDoc; Printer.Canvas.StretchDraw(rect,jpg); Printer.EndDoc; end; {code} But this code Delphi XE2 is not work, printer print clear sheets. (HP ...

ANN: Delphi HTML Reports preview

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE2

Problem with Delphi XE2 using parameters in SQL query [Edit]
Hello, I have problem with using SQL with parameters. This part of code works fine on Delphi 2007, but have Debugger Exception Notification in Delphi XE2 with ADOTmp do *//works fine on Delphi2007 and Delphi XE2, date value is inserted* begin SQL.Clear; *SQL.Add('UPDATE Table SET Date = ''2012-04-03 13:13:13'' ');* ExecSQL; end; with ADOTmp do *//works fine on Delphi2007* begin SQL.Clear; *SQL.Add('UPDATE Table SET Date = :D1 ');* Parameters.ParamByName('D1').DataType := ftDateTime; Parame...

Delphi XE2, Indy 10
Dear folks The following code is supposed to send a text string to a client that is listening on a set port and ip address. The connection works fine. The problem is that nothing seems to be sent. {code} function TFCSelectForm.SendNitroMessage(NitroRequest: String): String; var sStrm: TMemoryStream; begin try sStrm := TMemoryStream.Create; try sStrm.WriteBuffer(Pointer(NitroRequest)^,Length(NitroRequest)); // sStrm shows as () in the debugger IdTCPClient1.IOHandler.Write(sStrm, 0, False); sStrm.Position := 0; finally ...

New table in Interbase not listed in Delphi XE2 for table name [Edit]
I created a new Interbase table in IBConsole and entered some data. When I go into Delphi and use a TSQLTABLE and try to enter the table name, the new table does not appear though the other tables do. I thought it might be related to permissions, but the properties of the new table sow permissions are there for SYSDBA, the same as the other tables, and sysdba is the user I connect to Interbase from Delphi as. I also have permissions set for PUBLIC. Also in IBCONSOLE when I click on the Server menu, the submenu included "user security" but it is grayed out, so I do not know ho...

Delphi XE2 DLL can't be used in C# application [Edit]
For testing I am trying to call a Delphi XE2 DLL (see code) in a C# application (developed in Visual C# 2010 Express). procedure CLP; stdcall; export; begin showmessage('TEST'); end; exports CLP; However when trying to add the DLL as reference to a C# project the following message appears: "A reference to 'D:\temp\test.dll' could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that is a valid assembly or COM component." When the same DLL is compiled under Delphi 2010 it works without any problem. Any suggestions how to solve the p...

Delphi XE2
My problem: I created a test server and defined TCP, HTTP, and HTTPS for the new server. When prompted, I supplied the necessary certificate information. The "Test" button returns success. I start the server. The TCP/HTTP listeners respond correctly from the client, but the HTTPS connections gives an error... "Socket Error #10053. Software caused connection abort." The Certificates are self-signed using openssl. Has anyone used the new built in HTTPS server successfully? I would appreciate some advice. Is there a tutorial, white paper, or training video on setting ...

Using Delphi 7 and Delphi 2010

Re: Maybe is a new life for Delphi? [Edit] [Edit]
Cesar Romero wrote: > > This is not ad. Sparta is not commercial product. > > Any product announcement should be in 3rd party group, comercial or > not, that is part of newsgroup guidelines. Right. -Craig [moderator] -- Craig Stuntz · Vertex Systems Corp. · Columbus, OH Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/ ...

New to Delphi [Edit]
Hi, I am new to Delphi and arrived, perhaps, by accident. I am by profession a .NET build engineer with enough experience with VB.NET and C#. Hobby-wise I program in Cocoa and REALbasic. I experimented a bit with Cocoa-bindings for C# and thus arrived at Delphi Prism. Then came the special offer in the store where I would buy one thing and get another cheaper for free. A clever offer, given that the only useful combinations make me spend more money. And another 50 pounds gives me even more. So I finally decided to get the Delphi/C++ Builder bundle and Delphi Prism. I am currently in t...

Web resources about - Delphi XE2 - Instructions on using new HTTPS protocol with Datasnap. [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.multi-tier

Instruction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wests Tigers skipper Robbie Farah on probation after club issues pre-season instructions
Wests Tigers legend Robbie Farah's ability to continue training with the club's NRL squad in 2016 depends upon his behaviour - and performance ...

A controversial religious instruction program is being taught at preschool
Special religious instruction is now being offered to the childcare market by a major provider following the scrapping of SRI from class time ...

Link: Agile Coaching and Flight Instruction – An Emotional Connection
... culture with the Real Agility Program My friend Mike Caspar has another great blog post: Similarities between Agile Coaching and Flight Instruction. ...

Saudi minister: Pilgrims may have ignored instructions
Health minister says Hajj stampede may have been caused by pilgrims who failed to follow instructions by authorities.

ARM Announces ARMv8-M Instruction Set For Microcontrollers – TrustZone Comes to Cortex-M
... announcements reserved for TechCon and this year is no exception. Being unveiled at 2015’s show is the ARM Cortex-A35 CPU and the ARMv8-M instruction ...

University of Michigan student, tired of paying $800 a month for a dorm room, builds a "tiny house" (i.e ...
"I wanted him to live somewhere safe and normal. I knew absolutely nothing about tiny houses. I started looking and found they were big out West, ...

GOP LEADERSHIP’S INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUMMER TOWNHALLS: Ignore Voters on Illegal Immigration and Trade
By Julia Hahn Republican legislators have gotten their messaging instructions from their top leaders: Tout unpopular free-trade measures during ...

DoorDash, a food delivery startup that's rumored to be raising at a $1 billion valuation, has some shady ...
DoorDash, a two-year-old startup that lets you buy meals from local restaurants on-demand, is rumored to be raising a new round of financing ...

Mom Says Playmobil Pirate Set Had Racist Instructions To Shackle Dark-Skinned Character
The dark-skinned character with no shoes and tattered pants came with instructions to put some sort of neck piece on him.