Can I do this with iOS apps developed in Delphi XE4 Pro + iOS?

I still don't have XE4/iOS as I have some questions first.

Do I have access to iOS "native" library/system?

What do I use for internet (downloading files etc.) - Indy?

*If my research is correct, Google maps is available for iOS? Can I use Google maps or Apple's maps solutions in Delphi iOS apps?*

If I have XE4 Pro, can I still use database functionality? Any restrictions? (Am I allowed to use what iOS offers or connect with a database on a webserver?)

Anyone here developed demo apps I can see available in Apple iTunes store? (Even simple apps is okay as I only have plans of developing some relative simple apps here at first)
0
Thomas
6/4/2013 8:49:27 AM
embarcadero.delphi.ios 412 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello Thomas,

> Do I have access to iOS "native" library/system?

Yes.  And just like on Windows, you would have to translate any APIs to Delphi
that Embarcadero has not already translated for you.

> What do I use for internet (downloading files etc.) - Indy?

That is one option, yes.

> Anyone here developed demo apps I can see available in Apple iTunes
> store? (Even simple apps is okay as I only have plans of developing
> some relative simple apps here at first)

There have been a couple of Delphi iOS apps successfully submitted to the
App Store.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> Anyone here developed demo apps I can see available in Apple iTunes store? (Even simple apps is okay as I only have plans of developing some relative simple apps here at first)

yes check mine:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-bmi-calculator/id646359200?mt=8
0
Ahmad
6/4/2013 7:42:47 PM
> {quote:title=Ahmad Faisal wrote:}{quote}
> > Anyone here developed demo apps I can see available in Apple iTunes store? (Even simple apps is okay as I only have plans of developing some relative simple apps here at first)
>
> yes check mine:
>
> https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-bmi-calculator/id646359200?mt=8

Thanks! Still interested in more examples. In particular if anyone has tried using any maps solution? :)
0
Thomas
6/5/2013 4:49:58 PM
Thomas Schulz wrote:

> In particular if anyone has tried using any maps solution? :)

I've posted a translation and demo in embarcadero.public.attachments. Hopefully this kind of thing will be included
"out of the box" in future.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
0
> {quote:title=Dave Nottage wrote:}{quote}
> Thomas Schulz wrote:
>
> > In particular if anyone has tried using any maps solution? :)
>
> I've posted a translation and demo in embarcadero.public.attachments. Hopefully this kind of thing will be included
> "out of the box" in future.
>
> --
> Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Thanks :)
0
Thomas
6/8/2013 12:49:06 PM
> {quote:title=Dave Nottage wrote:}{quote}
> Thomas Schulz wrote:
>
> > In particular if anyone has tried using any maps solution? :)
>
> I've posted a translation and demo in embarcadero.public.attachments. Hopefully this kind of thing will be included
> "out of the box" in future.
>
> --
> Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Hi Dave,

can you point me to this example? I'm interested in using this myself.

Best regards,

Jan
0
Jan
6/24/2013 2:50:06 PM
> {quote:title=Jan Jacobs wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Dave Nottage wrote:}{quote}
> > Thomas Schulz wrote:
> >
> > > In particular if anyone has tried using any maps solution? :)
> >
> > I've posted a translation and demo in embarcadero.public.attachments. Hopefully this kind of thing will be included
> > "out of the box" in future.
> >
> > --
> > Dave Nottage [TeamB]
>
> Hi Dave,
>
> can you point me to this example? I'm interested in using this myself.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jan

Nevermind, I found it!

But I can't get it to work in my application: I'm trying to incorporate it onto a TFrame, which will be used on a TTabcontrol (code separation), and the "self.handle" doesn't work in this case. Any hints to solve this?
0
Jan
6/24/2013 3:13:05 PM
Jan Jacobs wrote:

> I'm trying to incorporate it onto a TFrame, which will be used on a TTabcontrol (code separation), and the
> "self.handle" doesn't work in this case. Any hints to solve this?

Seems to be a common problem. From the little research I've done on TFrame, I suspect you're going to hit a dead end.
You may be better off attempting to have a separate TForm and embed that in the parent form. This I have not
researched, however I expect I may be sometime in the near future.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
0

Delphi XE4 - Firemonkey
I have an application that runs fine on windows, however when running on iOS simulator the onKeyUp event for a TEdit control is not being fired? Please advise if this event should get fired when running on iOS? This problem occurs onKeyUp events created directly on the control and by assigning the event programatically. Running XE4 update 1 iPhoneOS6.1.sdk Minimac: OS X 10.9 XCode 5 iOS Simulator Version 7.0 - iPad Retina / iOS 7.0.3(11B508) ...

My first iOS app with Delphi XE4
Hello I just made a video from my first iOS app that I made with Delphi XE4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_lEPpp7oeA This is a software that "turns" your iPhone into a security camera, streaming live video from the iPhone camera to Digifort camera surveillance system (Also compiled in XE4). I took about 2 weeks to finish the app (Including the time to learn the Firemonkey for iOS), but now I'm just waiting apple developer to be online again in order to send my app for approval Comments are appreciated! Eric Fleming Bonilha wrote: > Comments are appreciated...

Using ZBar with Delphi XE4 app for iOS
I found a free SDK to scan the QR-codes (http://zbar.sourceforge.net/) and I want to use in the my app for iOS, but I can't find an example of its use in delphi xe4 applications for ios. Is there a possibility of using the SDK for ios in delphi xe4 or use static libraries (*.a) for ios is not allowed? > {quote:title=Sergey Kukharev wrote:}{quote} > I found a free SDK to scan the QR-codes (http://zbar.sourceforge.net/) and I want to use in the my app for iOS, but I can't find an example of its use in delphi xe4 applications for ios. Is there a possibility of using the SDK for i...

Does Delphi for iOS come with native iOS UI controls?
According to this link http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/ios-development, Delphi for iOS comes with "Pixel-perfect native UI controls". Are those controls the iOS native ones (UILabel, UIText, UISwitch, MKMapView, etc.), i.e. the same ones that one sees in XCode InterfaceBuilder? Le 31/01/13 19:02, Jacques Gonzalez a écrit : > According to this link http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/ios-development, > Delphi for iOS comes with "Pixel-perfect native UI controls". > > Are those controls the iOS native ones (UILabel, UIText, UIS...

Where can I find a Delphi XE4 FireDac SQLite for IOS?
Where can I find a good example of using Delphi XE4 FireDac SQLite for IOS? I am unable to use append and edit without getting strange data corruptions. An append is overwriting the last appended or editted record and then all other records are corrupted with foreign characters. Just need a good solid example to get started. Create the database and tables on the device. Do not want to use inserts or updates. Want to use the append, edit, and delete functionality from the client dataset components. Maintain storage on device. Strange that no SQLite examples with IOS are with s...

Delphi app in Apple App Store for iOS
Have you guys with iPhones and iPads seen that there is a Delphi produced app, running Interbase To Go, approved for download on the Apple App Store? I can't find a link on the web, but search "Embarcadero" on the app store and it shows up. (My daughter showed me. ;-) ) -- Nick > I can't find a link on the web, but search "Embarcadero" on the app > store and it shows up. (My daughter showed me. ;-) ) There are 6 apps that shows up... which one is it? - Palo Alto - Embarcadero (Fom Scott James, mapping software or something..) - Heart of...

Can Delphi XE4 import iOS ObjC Class ? ( Static Library *.a )
Can Delphi XE4 import iOS ObjC Class ? ( Static Library *.a ) ObjC Code : test.a ---------------------------------------------------------------------- // test.h --- #import <Foundation/Foundation.h> @interface mycalc : NSObject { BOOL busy; } - (int) calc : (int) value; @end // test.m --- #import "test.h" @implementation mycalc -(int) calc:(int)value { busy = TRUE; return ( value + 1); } @end Delphi XE4 Code for Testing ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unit1; interface uses Syst...

Can Delphi XE7 Pro with the Mobile Add-On Pack compile a dylib for iOS?
A group that I work with has pascal code that we're looking to compile into a dylib for iOS. We're told that newer versions of iOS support the use of dylibs. Is it possible to use Delphi XE7 Pro with the Mobile Add-On Pack to create a dylib for iOS? If so, then how is this done? If not, then will future versions of Delphi support creation of dylibs for iOS? Thanks. Jeff > {quote:title=Jeff Yankauer wrote:}{quote} > A group that I work with has pascal code that we're looking to compile into a dylib for iOS. We're told that newer versions of iOS support th...

App works in IOS simulator with Delphi XE4 and fails after Update 1 install [Edit]
Hi! When I install update 1 and installing new update 1 PAserver and run my application (very simple Firemonkey Mobile Application) I get: "Project xxx raised exception class SIGSEGV (11)". When I reinstall Delphi XE (without update 1) everything works fine again, I have tried to remove all code in FormCreate and OnActivate without luck. What can this be? I have also tried with the old PAserver but this doesnt work either. It Works when running to physical devices like Iphone4 and Ipad mini. But when I select to run from the simulator this errormessage comes back ag...

IO::Socket, or any IO
------=_Part_110935_21218926.1156438461026 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Disposition: inline I was thinking of rewriting a little webserver program I wrote in Perl 5 using Pugs. I was wondering what the equivilent (if any) of IO::Socket is. I suppose I could use an external webserver and use CGI to get this working with IO, but my preference would be a pure Perl 6 approach. If you're wondering, the program I wrote is a simple little webpage with two buttons so my wife can play music off my Linux box (with g...

Reviews of Delphi XE4 / iOS?
I would like to see some comprehensive reviews on XE4 iOS before making a decision... Also questions like if it will be possible to e.g. use 3rd party libraries like Google maps for iOS when using Delphi FireMonkey https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/ios/start Am 24.05.2013 01:41, schrieb Thomas Schulz: > I would like to see some comprehensive reviews on XE4 iOS before making a decision... > > Also questions like if it will be possible to e.g. use 3rd party > libraries like Google maps for iOS when using Delphi FireMonkey > > https://developers...

Can Delphi for iOS can create facebook-like sidepanel?
I was looking on this Cocoa control that allows to have the sliding sidebar on the left. https://www.cocoacontrols.com/controls/jasidepanels Can I do something similar with Delphi/Firemonkey? > {quote:title=George Karras wrote:}{quote} > I was looking on this Cocoa control that allows to have the sliding sidebar on the left. > https://www.cocoacontrols.com/controls/jasidepanels > > Can I do something similar with Delphi/Firemonkey? This might help: http://www.delphifeeds.com/go/s/103536 Thank you so much! ...

Cannot deploy IOS app to IOS simulator
After upgrading my iPhone to IOS 8, installing XCode 6.0.1 on my Mac, and downloading the SDKs in the IDE, I get the error 'Session Start Error. Simulator session timed out' when I compile and deploy a demo app. The PS Server is running on the Mac and the connection tests successfully. This was all working prior to the IOS and XCode upgrade. Any ideas? Also since there are no 'Views' for the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus I assume there might be an update that will include them. Is that the case? Thanks > {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote} > At ...

FireDAC 8.0.3.3291 U1 (iOS) Delphi XE4 PRO
I own RAD Studio XE4 and after installing FireDAC 8.0.3.3291 Update 1 from here: ID 29410, FireDAC XE4 for RAD Studio Pro & Delphi Pro w/ Mobile - Update 1 http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/29410 .... I get this error ... "Can't load package C:\Users\UserXE4\Documents\RADStudio\11.0\Bpl\AnyDAC_Dcl_D18.bpl ..." The bpl is definitely not there and it look like the installer didn''t copied/compiled the dpk/bpl for RAD Studio IDE use .... Any hints/workarounds ? Hello Ciprian Please check AnyDAC*.bpl's in FireDAC\Dcu\D18\win32 folder. If the BPL's ar...

XE4 iOS deployment
I was able to run my proj in the iOS emulator on my Mac. I'm now working from home so on a different n/w but pa 'test connection' reports OK. When I run or debug to the emulator, Delphi hangs whilst 'delploying iOSSimulator/Debug/myproj.rsm' - 'cancel' doesn't work, have to kill it from task manager. I've rebooted the PC but still the same. What's going on ?! OK, seems to have taken about 10 mins but is now OK!! > {quote:title=martin moore wrote:}{quote} > I was able to run my proj in the iOS emulator on my Mac. I'm now working ...

Delphi xe4 cannot debug on IOS simulator
Hi, I have a MacOSX latest in a vbox virtual machine. I can succesfully run without debugging in IOS simulator, but if i click Run ( with debugging ) the IDE complains that it cannot connect to server, no further details. Did anybody encounter this issue? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Hello, You can try to close the firewall in OSX. But the main issue is that running OSX in VM is not a recommended way to work. Best Regards, Cristian Peta > {quote:title=Liviu Ionescu wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > I have a MacOSX latest in a vbox virtual machine. ...

Delphi and Native Development for iOS and Android
I have seen a lot of flame wars here and in blogs about Delphi and its "native" development for iOS and Android (and of course speed). I think a lot of it has to do with unrealistic, or perhaps oversold, expectations. I decided to throw my 2 cents about it (or maybe I should just say oil :-)) in this blog post. It is too long to post here but if you are interested, please go to http://blogs.riversoftavg.com/index.php/2013/09/28/delphi-for-ios-and-android-the-natives-are-restless/ These are my +personal+ beliefs and thoughts, but I believe if you choose Delphi with open eyes t...

iOS System Info (Delphi XE4)
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8c7a0.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" As per the "Detecting if iPhone 5" thread in delphi.firemonkey group, or for anyone else interested. Remember to fill out the provisioning info in the project options if you're going to test/deploy to your device. -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] --JivePart=_8c7a0.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/octet-stream; name="iOSSystemInfo.zip...

Delphi XE5 can not find iOS SDK
I have just installed xCode and XE5 and configured connection profile and OS X SDK, but it does not show iOS platform. In the "Select a platform" dropdown, I can only see OS X. When I have turned verbose mode on in PAserver, I can see the command *"/usr/bin/xcodebuild" -version -sdk* being issued, which I believe is used to inform Delphi about the SDKs being installed. When I run the command manually I get a list which for me looks correct, but Delphi stil only shows OS X as a platform and MacOSX 10.8.5 and MacOSX 10.9.2 as alternative SDL versions. The complete outp...

Multi Touches demo (Delphi XE4 for iOS)
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8d114.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" As per the thread in delphi.platformspecific.ios. NOTE: As far as I know, there is no way to test this on the simulator, so you'll have to deploy to the device, which also means you'll need to fill in the Developer Certificate part of Provisioning in the project options. -- Dave Nottage [TeamB] --JivePart=_8d114.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: appl...

Delphi XE5 iOS app orientation problem
I developed an iOS app using Delphi XE5, but when I run it on the simulator in landscape mode, and I try to open a web page with the instruction:      OpenURL ('http://www.google.it'); the device orientation automatically changes from landscape to portrait. Can anyone help me?. thanks ...

Problem in running IOS app
Hi, i have delphi 6 and a mac mavericks 10.9.3 with Xcode 6 beta installed with command line tools for mavericks, the problem is after creating a correct profile and sdk in delphi, when im trying to run a simple app i face this error in IOS Device mode: [DCC Error] E2597 ld: file not found: /usr/lib/system/libsystem_coretls.dylib for architecture armv7 and in iOS Simulate mode: can't Load Simulate Framework! Pleeeasee Help me.. im stucked for days.. i see no such a .dylib in my mac folder and why simulate (more important this is) is not loading? Thank you. > {quote:ti...

Delphi XE4 iOS client notifications [Edit]
We are building an app for iOS and need to be able to listen for asynchronous client-side notification events created by a third party library. It was pretty difficult to figure out how to import the third-party objective C library but we were able to do it by creating "fake calls." We can now compile and run the application but have not been able to register our application to receive notifications created by the third party library. For example, we have a credit card swiper that plugs into the audio jac k. When a credit card is swiped, it creates an asynchronous client notificatio...

Web resources about - Can I do this with iOS apps developed in Delphi XE4 Pro + iOS? - embarcadero.delphi.ios

Least developed country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Least developed country ( LDC ) is the name given to a country which, according to the United Nations , exhibits the lowest indicators of socioeconomic ...

Developed country - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A developed country can be defined through economic growth and security. Most commonly the criteria for evaluating the degree of development ...

Koloid - hand developed photography on the App Store on iTunes
Get Koloid - hand developed photography on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

All sizes - Buzzword Bingo: Crowdsourcing = Content developed by a group of people - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...

Spherical Flying Machine Developed by Japan Ministry Of Defense #DigInfo - YouTube
DigInfo TV - http://diginfo.tv 20/10/2011 TRDI Spherical flying machine

Google has developed a technology to tell whether 'facts' on the internet are true
The internet, we know all too well, is a cesspool of rumour and chicanery. But that could be destined to change.

High visibility clothing for females developed by Queensland woman
While they might be getting good salaries, women in the mining industry haven't had good options when it comes to their work uniforms.

Software is being developed to allow employers to trawl through your social media
Big data is inevitable, and it is already changing the way recruitment works.

Blood test developed by Melbourne University detects Alzheimer's disease before symptoms
... disease, or likely to develop it, have a particular genetic signature which distinguishes them from healthy people. A blood test developed by ...

Cocaine users identified with new test developed by UK university
&#8203;A new fingerprint test has been developed that can detect cocaine use.