web programming with delphi

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Andrew J. Wozniewicz, the author
of "Web Programming with Delphi"?

Does anyone have this book and if so, can you provide a recommendation.  Was
it helpful.

I want to get a copy of it but it is out of print.  So I guess it is near to
impossible to find a copy.  Is anyone willing to sell their used copy?

Thanks.

Randall H. Carpenter
0
Randall
12/30/2010 2:54:31 PM
embarcadero.delphi.intraweb 3901 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Randall,

> Does anyone know how to get in touch with Andrew J. Wozniewicz, the author
> of "Web Programming with Delphi"?

This book never existed.

> Does anyone have this book and if so, can you provide a recommendation.  Was
> it helpful.

I wrote my own stuff - would have wanted a copy of this book as well,
but it was never really published as far as I remember.

> Randall H. Carpenter

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
12/30/2010 4:04:10 PM
Bob Swart wrote:

> > Does anyone know how to get in touch with Andrew J. Wozniewicz, the
> > author of "Web Programming with Delphi"?
>
> This book never existed.

Wrong answer. Look at

http://www.amazon.de/Web-Programming-Delphi-Andrew-Wozniewicz/dp/1931097178/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books-intl-de&qid=1293794738&sr=1-3

Joachim
0
Joachim
12/31/2010 11:28:08 AM
On 12/30/2010 9:54 AM, Randall Carpenter wrote:
> Does anyone know how to get in touch with Andrew J. Wozniewicz, the author
> of "Web Programming with Delphi"?

andrew at optimax dot com
http://sourceforge.net/users/optimax
0
Kenneth
12/31/2010 4:01:56 PM
> I want to get a copy of it but it is out of print.  So I guess it is near to
> impossible to find a copy.  Is anyone willing to sell their used copy?

Everything written about web programming, more than 2 or 3 years ago is more or less useless these days. Intraweb included. What I've done with Intraweb is not written in any book. Unfortunatelly I have no time to write about that.
0
Alexandre
1/1/2011 5:42:57 AM
Alexandre Machado wrote:

>What I've done with Intraweb is not written in any book.
>Unfortunatelly I have no time to write about that.

You are making me curious because we can's seem to avoid intraweb in
the future. Could you give at least some hints what direction you are
talking?

Greetings,
Marius
0
Marius
1/1/2011 4:02:08 PM
Hi Joachim.

>> This book never existed.
>
> Wrong answer. Look at
>
> http://www.amazon.de/Web-Programming-Delphi-Andrew-Wozniewicz/dp/1931097178/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books-intl-de&qid=1293794738&sr=1-3

Which says the book is not available. How is my answer wrong? The book
was first announced years and years ago (June, 2003!!), and it's still
not available. In my view, that's about the same as saying the book
never existed...

> Joachim

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob
1/2/2011 9:23:04 AM
> {quote:title=Alexandre Machado wrote:}{quote}
> > I want to get a copy of it but it is out of print.  So I guess it is near to
> > impossible to find a copy.  Is anyone willing to sell their used copy?
>
> Everything written about web programming, more than 2 or 3 years ago is more or less useless these days. Intraweb included. What I've done with Intraweb is not written in any book. Unfortunatelly I have no time to write about that.

I definitely think you should write about it.  I'm using Intraweb myself for a few months now, and two points stand out :
1) there is a serious lack of documentation and articles, certainly when it comes to more advanced usage.
2) it's very hard to make nice looking web applications.  The web pages look like the web applications of 10 year ago

The second point could be explained by the first one, of course :)

Soitjes.
Ok. With this information your answer is correct!

Amazon makes the error. They say that the book is not available (yet).
Not, that this is a never published book.

Best wishes, Joachim

Bob Swart wrote:

> >> This book never existed.
> > Wrong answer. Look at

http://www.amazon.de/Web-Programming-Delphi-Andrew-Wozniewicz/dp/1931097178/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books-intl-de&qid=1293794738&sr=1-3
> Which says the book is not available. How is my answer wrong? The
> book was first announced years and years ago (June, 2003!!), and it's
> still not available. In my view, that's about the same as saying the
> book never existed...
>
> > Joachim
>
> Groetjes,
>            Bob Swart
0
Joachim
1/2/2011 4:33:23 PM
Dr. Bob,

I have just registered on your site and plan to order your book on Intraweb.
I am using Delphi 2010.  Which book would be best for me to order -

Delphi 2007 VCL for the Web / IntraWeb Development        or
Delphi XE IntraWeb XI Development

I'm guessing Delphi 2007 VCL for the Web but I prefer your advice before
ordering.

Thanks,
Randall H. Carpenter

"Bob Swart" <Bob@eBob42.com> wrote in message
> Hi Randall,
>
>> Does anyone know how to get in touch with Andrew J. Wozniewicz, the
>> author
>> of "Web Programming with Delphi"?
>
> This book never existed.
>
>> Does anyone have this book and if so, can you provide a recommendation.
>> Was
>> it helpful.
>
> I wrote my own stuff - would have wanted a copy of this book as well,
> but it was never really published as far as I remember.
>
>> Randall H. Carpenter
>
> Groetjes,
>           Bob Swart
>
> --
> Bob Swart Training & Consultancy (eBob42.com) Forever Loyal to Delphi
> Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
> Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
> http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
> Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
> Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
> Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Randall
1/4/2011 1:11:43 PM
I am using Delphi/RealthinClient for application server scripting, and HTML,CSS for front-end development. There are hundred of
books on HTML, CSS, Javascript. I would recommend that you invest in learning HTML, CSS, Javascript, then you can create
nice-looking and sophisticated websites and use Delphi merely for server scripting.

Manfredt Kavetu
0
Manfredt
1/5/2011 8:09:12 AM
Hi Randall,

> I have just registered on your site and plan to order your book on Intraweb.
> I am using Delphi 2010.  Which book would be best for me to order -
>
> Delphi 2007 VCL for the Web / IntraWeb Development        or

This one covers IntraWeb 9.0.42 (using Delphi 2007), but is also
applicable for IntraWeb 10.0.23 in Delphi 2009 or 2010. There are not
that many changes in IW 10 compared to IW 9.

> Delphi XE IntraWeb XI Development

This one is currently being finished, and has cut a lot of the stuff
from the previous edition (things that are no longer supported) and
covers some new things that are only available in IW XI.

> I'm guessing Delphi 2007 VCL for the Web but I prefer your advice before
> ordering.

The good news is: if you order the Delphi 2007 edition now, you will
also get the Delphi XE edition when it's available, so you get both
books in the end ;-)

> Thanks,
> Randall H. Carpenter

Groetjes,
           Bob Swart

Chairman Delphi Development Network (DDN) powered by SDN - www.sdn.nl
Embarcadero Technology Partner - Delphi & RAD Studio Reseller BeNeLux
http://twitter.com/eBob42 LinkedIn: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/drbob42
Delphi Win32 & .NET books on Lulu.com: http://stores.lulu.com/drbob42
Personal courseware + e-mail support http://www.ebob42.com/courseware
Blog: http://www.drbob42.com/blog - RSS: http://eBob42.com/weblog.xml
0
Bob

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

HELP! Trying to Complie old Delphi program on any version of Delphi
Hey everyone I'm new to the programming world and unfortunately I have come across a big problem that I will hope I can get some help with. I have a program that was apparently created using delphi 3 and then finished using delphi 4 with some additional parts added later. I have found copies of amost every version of delphi ever made and installed them on my pc and attempted to compile this program in question. Unfortuantely I have yet to get it to compile without a few thousand error messages and I am st uck between a rock and a hard place. I know very little of Delphi programming, let a...

Problem upgrading web service client from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE
In trying to upgrade our web service client to Delphi XE we have now get a web service error of Invalid Format. When we examine the SOAP request we see the following differences from Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE In Delphi 7 we get <SomeStuff xmlns="" xsi:nil="true" /> In Delphi XE we get <SomeStuff xsi:nil="true" /> We have narrowed the failure down to these differences in the client request. Is there anyway to get Delphi XE to generate a SOAP request with the xmlns attribute set to blank as it used to be? Hello, > In trying to u...

Where to find how to start learning Delphi web programming?
Hi. I'm very new to web programming, not for saying that I know nothing about web programming. So I decided to start approaching this issue. Using Delphi 2007 Enterprise, reading here and there, and going though the examples I got to the conclusion that now I'm more confused than several days ago. I can't find the practical difference between a Web Server Application, a Soap Server Application and a WebSnap Application. I'll like very much to really understand what are these different approaches to web programming. Is there any paper or book that covers these to...

Delphi XE / Delphi 2010

from delphi 6 to delphi 2010

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

Make a Web App look like your delphi Program [Edit]
Hi What programming language would you use if you wanted to make a web page look like your Delphi program. For instance how would you put a page control or similar looking control on a web page. I'm not looking for a tool like morfik, but a language thx Thank you.. Edited by: Peter Skinner on Dec 5, 2010 12:56 AM > {quote:title=Peter Skinner wrote:}{quote} > Hi > > What programming language would you use if you wanted to make a web page look like your Delphi program. > > For instance how would you put a page control or similar looking control on ...

Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Delphi 4 to Delphi 2009

Delphi 5 To Delphi 2009

Web resources about - web programming with delphi - embarcadero.delphi.intraweb

Mercury (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
11.07.2 (August 3, 2012 ; 2 months ago ( 2012-08-03 ) ) Mercury is a functional logic programming language geared towards real-world applications. ...

ARIA Awards 2015: Tina Arena calls out commercial radio for ageist programming
"Why is it about our age and looks?" asked Arena in a wide ranging speech.

Apple opens registrations for this year’s ‘Hour of Code’, free programming workshops for kids age 6+
... for this year’s ‘Hour of Code’ workshops, providing kids aged six and up with a free one-hour introduction to the basics of computer programming. ...

HLN Tries Yet Another Programming Strategy; CEO Exits Company
HLN is going through yet another change in its programming strategy. This time the Turner-owned network will give over part of its programming ...

Apple Open Sources The Swift Programming Language
Back in June at WWDC 2015 Apple surprised a number of people by announcing that they would be making their Swift programming language open source ...

Apple takes the Swift programming language open source
First promised back at WWDC in June , Apple has just taken its Swift programming language open source with the introduction of a new site – swift.org ...

Apple becomes open source champion with Swift programming language
... solutions, surprising many in those communities. Now, it is Apple's turn. Today, the company run by Tim Cook announces that its Swift programming ...

HBO vs Netflix: Who has the best original TV programming?
Not too long ago, TV fans only had to worry about keeping up with a few select shows at a time. Whether you were interested in staying up to ...

Why I like golang: a programming autobiography
Tried my hand at writing a story on Medium.

"Jon Dovey writes about how reality-TV programming affects the way we understand the very concepts of ...
"With the rise and dominance of reality television over the last twenty-five years comes the concomitant belief that humanity is knowable via ...