How to use Visual VCL in user session [Edit]

Hi,

We have a visual VCL that we created. We want to use it (as non visual) with IW project. When we try to create it with each user session, we get this error while compiling when we try to sent its parent as    MyComponent.Parent := Self;

[DCC Error] UserSessionUnit.pas(291): E2010 Incompatible types: 'TWinControl' and 'TIWUserSession'

Is there is a way to overcome this?

License Number: 201122682
IntraWeb Version: 12.1.20

--
BR
M. Hammady

Edited by: Mohamed Hammady on Feb 25, 2012 1:06 PM
0
Mohamed
2/25/2012 9:07:44 PM
embarcadero.delphi.intraweb 3901 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Re: Why use Delphi rather than Microsoft Visual Studio? [Edit]
Dominic Willems wrote: > I am such a visionary. :) yes, many of us have wanted this for quite a long time :) -- John Kaster http://blogs.embarcadero.com/johnk Embarcadero Developer Network: http://edn.embarcadero.com Features and bugs: http://qc.embarcadero.com Got source? http://cc.embarcadero.com ...

How to use Visual Web Developper 2008 Express Edition with Visual C# 2008 Express Edition for n-tier development
Can these products be bundled when working in a n-tier project? What are the best practise methods? Or is moving to Visual Studio 2008 Standard Editon the solution? In most cases you will find all you need is in VWD 2008, If you install SP1 then you can compile class libraries now as well, so less need for c#2008. Also you might find this good to read http://imar.spaanjaars.com/QuickDocId.aspx?quickdoc=416 Hope it helpsRegardsJeremyIf this has helped Please: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you.That way future readers will know which post solve...

letting users who visit a website add records to a sql server database using visual studio web developer express edition 2008
in visual studio web developer express edition 2008 i added a new item this was a sql server database which i called test2. I added a table called comments, and the fields name, email, comments, IPAddress, and Date and in my comments.aspx page i added a name textbox, a texbox for email, a textbox for comments and the submit button i double clicked on the submit button and added the following code  Protected Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click        Dim mydS As New SqlDataSource   ...

Kill user session, Take a user offline, Kick user out, Terminate user's session programmatically
Hi, I have an ASP .NET 2.0  page which displays  all the users registered using membership provider. A user is created with IsApproved proprty set to false before that user is approved by application admin. The problem is that: 1. Although the user is created disabled initially once it is created it looks online (IsApproved = true) 2. Is there a way that I can programmatically take these newly created, disabled users offline so those newly created disabled users won't be listed among the users who are really online and already logged in to the system.  FormsAuthenticat...

using Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition SP1
I want to start an small ecommerce site. My development platform Visual Studio 2005 Express Edition SP1 - Free edition.1. Can I host this site commercially without getting license from microsoft.2. Also, backend is SQL server 2005 Express edition - free edition, can I use this database  in my hosting comapny's serverI want an authoritative reply If you use a third party web hosting company, they will take care of all required licences.  They just charge you for their hosting services. If you are planning on hosting it yourself, you will need to make sure you have the require...

Cannot use Microsoft Excel when a Delphi application that uses automat. run [Edit]
Dear all, I built an application that connect to an Excel file using a OleObject: Excel := CreateOleObject('Excel.Application'); LCID := GetUserDefaultLCID; all works fine but I cannot use Microsoft Excel externally when my application is running. If I try to open another xls file, Excel tries to open the file in my Delphi application in read only mode. It does not even show it properly but opens a weir transparent application. I just want to be able to use Excel externally and I'd like the instance opened by my Delphi application to be independent from other Exc...

i am a noob, should i use visual basic 2005 express edition or 2008 express edition
i heard u cant position labels and stuff like in 2008  i need some honest feedbackChu = Noob, please help Personally, I'd use 2008.  It's the newest and handles ASP.NET 3.5.  If positioning labels is your main issue, use Expression Web. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. if u intent to learn wpf, wcf then go for 2008 or else go for 2005 Jai Ganesh. J , GSD ,IndiaPlease Mark As Answer If my reply helped you....

Problem using InstallAware 7 CodeGear Special Edition with Delphi 2010 [Edit]
Hi Everyone, I am trying to create an installation disk for my delphi 2010 application using the installAware that kind of comes with Delphi 2010. When I try to built it, it keeps giving me the error message:- No files matching pattern "C:\Windows\system32\\*120.bpl" and when I look into my windows\system32 folder, there the files with extension *.bpl end with *140.bpl and not *120.bpl like it was expected. Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong or how I can get around this. Thanks in advance. Edited by: Tat Hon Chu on Dec 3, 2009 12:55 AM > {quo...

To use or not to use Delphi

Help! Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition?
Can anybody tell me if I can use Visual Studio.NET to develop Web application at my home using Windows XP Home Edition? I downloaded Web Martrix. But I don't want to use its IDE. I just want to use its webserver because Home Edition can't have IIS. Thanks.HeiGe Visual Studio.NET neededs IIS, But in home addition you can't use IIS. So in XPHome you can't use Visual Studio.NET from ASP.NET development!Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti Thanks for your answer. But I have successfully added IIS to my XP Home. Special thanks to Holeinone, Pippo a...

Identifying the User using session
 Hi allMy web application allows only one ID per login.. that is i should not allow the person with the same id to login again in anyother  machine..Now my problem is i have to identify whether an user is aleady loged in or not.. If i specify the same id which is loged in previously, i should display an error message..Please send me a nice suggestion RegardsSatheesh Kumar K Khttp://www.quesbank.com This is to my knowledge fairly tricky. Assuming that this is in a forms authentication scenario, there's a technique described in "Profesional ASP.NET 2.0 Security, Member...

prevent other user from editing gridview, when one user edit the same row.
Hi I have grid view in my web form. I need to prevent other user from editing, when one user edit the same row. Please give suggestions  its impossible in the sense as we can't check real-time who else are going to take the gridview for editing simultaneously....those who edit and submit last, that data will be populated in the page.Do remember to mark this as Answer if this fix your problemThanks & RegardsBinuKumar S Hi rosesarered , You can not prevent other user from editing. But you can kown whether the record you are editing is changed by other user or not.  ...

Using Gridview to edit Users
Hi,using Asp.NET 2.0 / Sql Server 2000Can someone please outline how the following can be done:I have a database of Users.  I want to give an admin the ability to edit users.I was thinking of using Gridview to display the users (which I've done already).Gridview has an archaic (in my view) way of editing it's rows, but I'd like a more detailed way.So for my Gridview, I would display a list of Users, only with Firstname, Lastname.An admin can select a user out of the list by clicking an 'edit' or 'select' button, which would then hide the Gridview and bring up a detailed v...

ANN: The free to use kbmMW 3.51.00 CodeGear Edition and kbmMemTable v. 7.00.01 Beta 1 CodeGear Edition for Delphi XE, has been released!
We are happy to announce the immediate availability of the free to use kbmMW v. 3.51.00 CodeGear Edition and kbmMemTable v. 7.00.01 CodeGear Edition for Delphi XE! The keywords for this release are: - Delphi XE support - Highly optimized performance in master/detail and ranges in kbmMemTable. - New GroupBy function in kbmMemTable. - Improved support for fielddefinitions with data, even in master/detail relations - Performance enhancements - Multithreading enhancements - Dataset enhancements - Stability enhancements and bugfixes Remember the free kbmMemTable CodeGear Edition ...

Web resources about - How to use Visual VCL in user session [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.intraweb

Joint session of the United States Congress - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Joint sessions of the United States Congress are the gatherings together of both houses of the United States Congress (the House of Representatives ...

Tomas Cubelli arrives in Canberra as Brumbies land blows at AIS boxing session
An immigration hold-up and passport confusion threatened to delay Tomas Cubelli's ACT Brumbies' arrival.

GoPro Hero4 Session gets $100 price cut, Xiaomi Yi launches in US
When GoPro introduced the Session action camera in its Hero4 line, it made the mistake of offering the new model at the same price point as the ...

The North Pole is Back in Session
Santa doesn't spread cheer across the globe all by himself. As soon as the first frost is on the mistletoe, hundreds of helpful elves work day ...

A rambunctious photo session with the first IVF puppies
The birth of seven puppies by in vitro fertilization comes after decades of research

Sen. Sessions: Obama Will Shut Down Government To ‘Keep Flow Of Muslim Refugees Coming’
Sen. Sessions: Obama Will Shut Down Government To ‘Keep Flow Of Muslim Refugees Coming’

Not so fringe after all: Sen. Sessions angles to consider Trump's Muslim ban in Judiciary Committee
Never mind that people around the world are decrying Trump's Muslim ban as bringing the U.S. to the " brink of fascism ," Sen. Jefferson Beauregard ...

GoPro's Hero4 Session camera drops to a more reasonable $199
When GoPro launched its cube-shaped Hero4 Session camera, we wouldn't have blamed you for giving it a pass. Why pay $399 (eventually $349) for ...

Justin Bieber's Neck Tattoo Artist Spills Everything About His Late-Night Ink Session
Justin Bieber's Neck Tattoo Artist Spills Everything About His Late-Night Ink Session

GoPro's Hero4 Session Just Finally Became a Solid Buy
The Hero4 Session is GoPro’s smallest camera. It’s a little, unibody cube that’s waterproof on its own and is even more versatile in the ways ...