How do I mark a form as being the main form? Main form drop down is blank!

So I found online that I can go to Project->Options  The Under Forms, pick the main form.  The problem is that the Main form drop down is blank, all the forms appear under 'Available forms' but just not in that drop down. any thoughts?

Thank you!
Matt
0
Matthew
7/23/2012 1:54:22 PM
embarcadero.delphi.intraweb 3901 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You have to have the following code on your main form:

void setAsMainForm() {
	TfrmMain::SetAsMainForm();
}

on your main form.  IW does this automatically when you create a new
project.  I usually just rename the created form to whatever I want the
main form named.

On 7/23/2012 6:54 AM, Matthew Czarnek wrote:
> So I found online that I can go to Project->Options  The Under Forms, pick the main form.  The problem is that the Main form drop down is blank, all the forms appear under 'Available forms' but just not in that drop down. any thoughts?
>
> Thank you!
> Matt

0
Esther
7/23/2012 2:06:45 PM
Sorry missed one part in my copy:

void setAsMainForm() {
	TfrmMain::SetAsMainForm();
}
#pragma startup setAsMainForm

On 7/23/2012 6:54 AM, Matthew Czarnek wrote:
> So I found online that I can go to Project->Options  The Under Forms, pick the main form.  The problem is that the Main form drop down is blank, all the forms appear under 'Available forms' but just not in that drop down. any thoughts?
>
> Thank you!
> Matt

0
Esther
7/23/2012 2:08:27 PM
Very helpful Esther Mann!!  Thanks!
0
Matthew

Independent Forms of the Main Form
Hi... Im creating a form independent of the main form. But when that form call another modal form, i want to that modal only "locks" the indepent form, and not the entire application. I´ve tried to use PopupParent property, but didnt have effect or im using in the wrong way. To do that im doing this: // FORM 1: The main form type TForm1 = class(TForm) Button1: TButton; procedure Button1Click(Sender: TObject); private { Private declarations } public { Public declarations } end; procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject); be...

form within form
The form in the content page is simply accessing an ajax/google javascript function, but because the master page has the "form... runat=server" bit in it, when the form in the content page is submitted, it submits the main form, not the google map form!  I don't want any postback on the google content page javascript form, just a "<form name="addr" method="post" action="" onsubmit="javascript:..." so that it simply runs the javascript on the page without a post back... I investigated "attribute.add" but it seems I ...

Forms or No Forms
Hope this isn't a repeat.  I looked and didn't find anything. Say for example you had a web page with around 20 fields retrive and update to a database with differing datatypes.  Some fields will have some special controls (dropdowns, radios, buttons, etc) that interact with other parts of the page.  What is the best and/or most efficient code to make the page. Would you use a Formview bound to a standard ADO.net SQL connection and edit the templates. Use a Formview bound to an Object Data Source and edit within the templates. Or use an Object Data Source and bind the...

Modal form, how to notice click on main form
Problem: I need a form which drops down similar to a combo box. When one clicks on an area outside this form, this form should close again. Trial: I tried first to handle this with a modeless form and the LostFocus event but the problem is that the form itself includes buttons for child forms which get the focus then. Besides i want the return value which would make life easier for me dealing with a modeless dialog. Question: Now is there any way to get a feedback if the user tries to click on the main form? You get a system beep when you do this, is the operating system laun...

Transfering value from popup form to the main form
 I have one web page and it has two textbox Fullname and employeeid and one search button. When user click on search button then it open the secod form as a pop up form which as one datagrid which has four fields. Employeeid, Fullname, Phone and email. The employeeid is a hyperlink.What i would like to do when user select one of the employeeid by click on employeeid hyperlink then i would like to pass the employeeid and full name from grid to the main form and dump the value into fullname and employee textbox and close the pop up window.How can i do that. This may give you a general s...

Setting Main Form and Calling Another Form
Hi All: Again, I am new to Delphi. I am using XE2 Pro. I am attempting my first app. I want it to have multiple forms, with the Main form calling other forms. How do I set which form is the form that opens at the start of application? How do I get frmMain to call frmSecondary? Thanks in advance. > {quote:title=Thomas Clark wrote:}{quote} > Hi All: > > Again, I am new to Delphi. I am using XE2 Pro. > > I am attempting my first app. I want it to have multiple forms, with the Main form calling other forms. > > How do I set which form is the f...

Refresh gridview (main form) from pop-up form
My first form includes a gridview with all records from a table. I have a new button that calls a form to appear as popup in order to add another record in the table. Is there a way, when I click SAVE button in pop-up form to refresh the gridview from the first form ? Thanks a lot, in advance.   HI,   I recommend you to see this article : Refresh a GridView control on the parent page, from a pop up window   Hi, thanks a lot for your message. I used it, but I get the error Microsoft JScript runtime error: 'opener.location' is null or not an object My parent form i...

Value transfer from pop-up form to main form. How?
Hi, I'm developing a web application. I wan to use Calendar conrol in a pop-up window. When I select date it's value must go to TextBox into parent window. How can I do that? Thanks.  cbozlagan:I wan to use Calendar conrol in a pop-up window. When I select date it's value must go to TextBox into parent window. On calender selected date event, write this codeResponse.Write("<script language='javascript'>parent.document.getElementById('YourTextBoxID').value="+your selected date here+"; window.close();</script>&qu...

added form overwrites main form in project file
OK, I'm obviously doing something dumb here. Adding to form to an FMX project using File/New/Other/DelphiProjects/FileMonkeyHDForms as instructed somewhere in the docs. Seems to delete the main form from the project file, and replace with this new one. I can re-add the main form manually in the code, but this shouldn't be happening. Is there some way that I am inadvertently designating this as the main form? Thanks. S > Adding to form to an FMX project using File/New/Other/DelphiProjects/ > FileMonkeyHDForms as instructed somewhere in the docs. > > S...

1 normal main form, dynamic MDI forms..
Hi All, I have been googling for some time now, and I am not sure if it is possible what I want.. seems to be easy.. but hey... Internet info I found is kinda old..so maybe XE7 does what I want.. Here's the thing. I have a main form (and want to keep it that way, don't want to have a MDI mainform. Now, depending on what the user selects there are parts of my app that lend themselves best as MDI form. So what I need is : MainForm->MDIFORM1 -> Childforms linked to MDIFORM1 MainForm->MDIFORM2 -> Childform2 linked to MDIFORM2. Both doing totally different th...

Shortcuts of the main form accessibles from a nonmodal SDI form?
Hi, I experience problems when using keys in nonmodal shown SDI forms of the application if they are used as shortcuts in the main form. Iif the sub-form is shown modal than all works fine. How can I work around this 'feature'? - It's URGENT! - Thanks! -John John Schmidt wrote: > Hi, > > I experience problems when using keys in nonmodal shown SDI forms of > the application if they are used as shortcuts in the main form. Iif > the sub-form is shown modal than all works fine. How can I work > around this 'feature'? - It's URGENT! - Thank...

Setting the Size of a Modal Form called by a Main Form
Why do I get an error for clicking on btnMaxClick? {code} unit uEnv; interface uses System.SysUtils, System.Types, System.UITypes, System.Classes, System.Variants, FMX.Types, FMX.Controls, FMX.Forms, FMX.Dialogs; type TfrmEnv = class(TForm) img0101: TImageControl; img0201: TImageControl; img0301: TImageControl; img0401: TImageControl; img0501: TImageControl; img0601: TImageControl; img0701: TImageControl; img0102: TImageControl; img0202: TImageControl; img0302: TImageControl; img0402: TImageControl; img0502: TI...

IE 7

Main form taskbar button misbehaving in a multiple form application
Hello all, I'm having a but of a problem here with my application which has multiple forms, using Delphi 2007. In order to make the extra forms show on the taskbar I use: procedure TMyForm.CreateParams(var Params: TCreateParams); begin inherited; Params.ExStyle := Params.ExStyle or WS_EX_APPWINDOW; end; This works great. However, now if I click the taskbar button for the main form the focus is set to one of the other forms, not the main forms. The other taskbar buttons work as expected. Also, if I click the main form the correct taskbar button is selected. Anyone k...

Web resources about - How do I mark a form as being the main form? Main form drop down is blank! - embarcadero.delphi.intraweb

File:Australia Tasmania location map blank.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Diese Datei habe ich als Urheber NordNordWest unter der „ CC-BY-SA-3.0-DE “ in der Wikipedia veröffentlicht. Dies bedeutet, dass eine kostenlose, ...

Blank on Blank (@blankonblank) on Twitter
Twitter Anmelden Einloggen Folgen blankonblank Blank on Blank Old tapes. New unheard stories. Journalists' lost interviews back to life via podcast, ...

What Job Burnout Feels Like - Steve Blank
If you hang around technology companies long enough, you or someone you know may experience “burnout” – a state of emotional exhaustion, doubt ...

Absolut Blank on the App Store on iTunes
Get Absolut Blank on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

blank book opene - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
blank book opene - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Taylor Swift’s misheard lyrics have fans drawing a ’blank space’ - The Courier-Mail Search Search
EVEN the most devout Taylor Swift fans can get a lyric wrong, with Swift’s mum admitting she had been singing the wrong words to hit song Blank ...

Man who shot Philadelphia police officer at point-blank range cited Islam as motive: official
A Philadelphia police officer was shot and seriously wounded in an ambush-style attack while sitting in his patrol car and the shooter admitted ...

Leicester, Manchester City fire blanks in goalless draw
Leicester City went level on points with English Premier League leaders Arsenal after drawing 0-0 with title rivals Manchester City at the King ...

Page Six Fills in the Sean Penn Blank
On this date in 1988, Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department officers responded to a complaint of a dispute at the Malibu home of Sean Penn ...

Before & After: A "Blank Canvas" Office Gets a Hip New Look
... to Cowork.rs Gowanus a couple of months ago. The coworking space just opened, and I was inspired by the potential of a new space and 'blank ...