Trial Delphi XE4 will not install under Windows 7 64 bit

Hello,
i just loaded the trial version and wanted to install it.

When the dialog for serial no appears and i try to type it, the application crashes.

The message ist "BDS funktioniert nicht mehr".
In the details i see APPCRASH in Module ntdll.dll.

The computer ist brand new and there is nothing installed on it.

I tried serveral times and also with administration rights.

Thanks
Theo
0
Theo
6/3/2013 8:00:52 PM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.install
📃 1244 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1242 Views

Theo Lang wrote:
> Hello,
> i just loaded the trial version and wanted to install it.
>
> When the dialog for serial no appears and i try to type it, the application crashes.
>
> The message ist "BDS funktioniert nicht mehr".
> In the details i see APPCRASH in Module ntdll.dll.
>
> The computer ist brand new and there is nothing installed on it.
>
> I tried serveral times and also with administration rights.
>
> Thanks
> Theo

Your problem isn't I have seen. My first suggestion it to run msconfig,
select diagnostic setup, reboot, then try again. Note that diagnostic
startup turns off many things, most notably internet connectivity, so
you will want to return to normal mode as soon as possible.

If diagnostic mode works, you need to follow these instructions to
complete registration:

1. Note the registration code.
2. Either go to a computer with internet connectivity, or reboot in
normal mode.
3. Go to http://reg.codegear.com.
4. You'll get an activation file in the end. Tell the registration
wizard to use it.
0
quinn
6/4/2013 2:58:00 PM
Hello,

thank you for your support.

First i switched to diagnostic mode. Then i was able to type the registration code. But some screens lated it blocked because it
had no internet connection.

Then i rebooted to normal mode. And i did exactly the same than several times before but this time it worked and
installation is running right now.

Thanks
Theo
0