Delphi XE5 instant trial: Android emulator does not run [Edit]

Installed XE5 instant trial - no problem.

The "Android Tools" menu is missing, although It is supposed to be installed by default according to the installation notes.

Note: the Instant Trial does not offer any installation options.

So I started the SDK manager from the File Browser in the IDE, all the files are there.

Installed an Android system image - no problem.

Created an emulator - no problem.

Tried to start the emulator: PANIC - can not start +devicename+ . Tried all standard devices - same problem.

A problem with the "virtualized" paths inside AppWave I think.

So I'm stuck for debugging with the emulator...

Anyone knows how to solve this (apart from removing the instant trial and installing the "normal" trial) ?

Danny

Edited by: Danny Heijl on Sep 27, 2013 3:17 AM
0
Danny

Not related  to the instant trial.

Same problem with the normal trial.

For some reason the SDK Manager wrote the AVD configuration files into my contacts folder instead of into my home folder. Copied the avd config files over, problem solved.

 Danny
0
Danny
9/28/2013 6:42:29 PM
Unfortunately the Android ARMV7 emulator is unusable, because it is unbelievably slow.

Are there any plans for a Delphi X86 Android compiler back-end, so that we can use the Intel emulator with hardware assistance?

Danny

Edited by: Danny Heijl on Sep 30, 2013 5:53 AM
0
Danny
9/30/2013 12:53:54 PM
Danny Heijl wrote:

> Unfortunately the Android ARMV7 emulator is unusable, because it is unbelievably slow.

If you're running the emulator on a VM with a Mac host, check this out:

  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CacpPleWsZM

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
0

Does Delphi XE5 on Android work with the Android emulator? [Edit]
I find that even a hello-world app exactly like the one that David I outlines (add a button, one line of code, set button text) will not run on the Android Emulator configured out of the box. First, after installing the Rad Studio XE5 trial, I followed David I's steps exactly, and the emulator would not even start. Then I clicked Android SDK manager, updated it, and clicked run-without-debugging. It asked me if I wanted to start the emulator this time so I did. Now the Firemonkey app will not start up the emulator, and while it does appear to start debugging, the emulator scree...

Does an android app created with Delphi XE5, XE6 run on Android 5 without modifications?
Is a FireMonkey NDK application forward compatible as much as a JDK one? Markus wrote: > Android changed the JVM from Dalvik to another one (just forgot the > name) The new runtime is called ART. > and that caused issues with Delphi based programs which had any > images in them as TImage.LoadFromStream didn't work properly > anymore and a few small other issues. But that was not a problem with the NDK itself. Just that there was a new runtime underneath the NDK, and FMX was making some assumptions that work under Dalvik but not under ART. -- Remy ...

movetasktoback function delphi xe5 android? [Edit]
Hi, I want my application not close when the back button is pressed. I want it to minimize and run in background. Is this possible? I've saw a movetasktoBack function on Java. Is this function available for Delphi too? {code} public class TestActivity extends Activity { //... // Working for all API levels @Override public boolean onKeyDown(int keyCode, KeyEvent event) { if (keyCode == KeyEvent.KEYCODE_BACK) { moveTaskToBack(true); } return super.onKeyDown(keyCode, event); } // Alternative variant for API 5 and higher @Override ...

android service application on Delphi XE5 [Edit]
Is it possible to develop "android service application(backround)" on delphi xe5 ? if possible, how to ? Thanks. Edited by: caner aytac on Sep 20, 2013 3:40 AM Edited by: caner aytac on Sep 20, 2013 3:45 AM ...

Trying to start android emulator in Delphi XE5
Hello, I have a problem with Android emulator. Emulator just shows "Starting emulator" but nothing happens. See http://www.suunnittelupalvelu.com/problem.png. I created emulator manually using Android tools. Application which I try to start is just a blank form. Can anyone help me? > {quote:title=Janne Kekki wrote:}{quote} > Hello, > > I have a problem with Android emulator. Emulator just shows "Starting emulator" but nothing happens. See http://www.suunnittelupalvelu.com/problem.png. I created emulator manually using Android tools. Application which...

Delphi XE5 TWebBrowser Problem on Android [Edit]
I have write 4 samples code: 1) paginaweb:='file://'+pathpdf+'prova.pdf'; webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; 2) paginaweb:='http://www.ufficiotecnicogecom.com/Volantini/prova.pdf'; webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; 3) have used webbrowser1.Navigate(paginaweb); 4) paginaweb := 'http://www.youtube.com/user/SisaCentroSudGecom'; webbrowser1.Navigate(paginaweb); or webbrowser1.URL:=paginaweb; webbroser1 is in a mobile form. All not work on Android but work fine on iOS, the case of youtube url load page but still stuck on loading vide...

Delphi XE5 Android problem (Indy TCP) [Edit]
Hi! Have some major problems, no ideas left. My Android app. is using a component TCP Server-Client Library (http://www.3delite.hu/Object%20Pascal%20Developer%20Resources/TCPServerClientLibrary.html) that I made before. The server app. is built with Delphi XE2 and is using this same component too. The problem is that when I try to download some files with it to Android the Android app. either freezes, or the download stops, randomly (sometimes 3 files arrive successfully and then freezes/stops). Testing with 3 10MB and 2 100MB audio files which are transfered at the same time. What ...

Unable to modify current installation of Delphi XE5 [Edit]
Hi everybody, I installed Delphi XE5 months ago. I don't remember if i had installed the Mobile platform part (for developing iOS and Android) I suppose i didn't because if i try to add a SDK in "Select Platform" the only possible choice is OS X. So, How can i add the mobile part to the current installation of Delphi, whithout reinstalling the IDE? Thank you. EDIT The problem is that in Modify, Repair, Uninstall i see only "Remove" and "Repair" options. I should see "Modify" for adding/remove features to the current installation (In th...

How to run .CHM help file in Delphi XE5 [Edit]
I used HtmlHlp.pas to run help file in html format using HtmlHelp function. It's used to work in Delphi 2006 without any problems. After upgrading to Delphi XE5 and using the same file the help file is no longer activated. The only rolling circle comes up for a moment. I also found in HtmlHlp.inc: {.$DEFINE DELPHI3} {.$DEFINE _WIN64} {.$DEFINE HTMLHELP11} {$DEFINE HTMLHELP12} {.$DEFINE HTMLHELP_DYNAMIC_LINK} {.$DEFINE HTMLHELP_DYNAMIC_LINK_EXPLICIT} Fred Fonar wrote: > I used HtmlHlp.pas to run help file in html format using HtmlHelp > function. It's used to work i...

Delphi XE5 on android Gyroscope, Accelerometer not work (angle) [Edit]
Device: - Google Nexus 7 - Cubot GT99 http://sourceforge.net/p/radstudiodemos/code/HEAD/tree/branches/RadStudio_XE5/MobileCodeSnippets/Gyroscope/ - does not rotate http://sourceforge.net/p/radstudiodemos/code/HEAD/tree/branches/RadStudio_XE5/MobileCodeSnippets/Accelerometer/ - work: Acceleration X, Acceleration Y, Acceleration Z - Angle X, Angle Y, Angle Z, Speed not visible Please FIX or I can not set up permissions? P\S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ8UQiBZfIc ( It also shows on the listed device ) I Edited by: ceollihuk ceollihuk on Nov 16, 2013 2:42 AM ...

How do I specifiy the install drive for Delphi 2010 Architect Trial ? [Edit]
Is there an envrionment variable, or registry setting to set the install drive for Windows XP ? It wants to install to my system drive, (E:), I want to use my data / test drive ( C:) thx Mike Edited by: Michael Stramba on Aug 21, 2010 6:45 PM Do you have enough available space on C? -- Finn Tolderlund "Michael Stramba" skrev i meddelelsen news:277101@forums.embarcadero.com... > Is there an envrionment variable, or registry setting to set the install > drive for Windows XP ? > It wants to install to my system drive, (E:), I want to use my data / ...

Delphi XE5 for android fails to copy the asset in System.StartUpCopy [Edit]
As I am obviously not getting an answer, so I will post it here to, maybe somebody here knows the answer to my problem. Bellow is the link to stack overflow question, so I don't repost everything. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19936833/delphi-xe5-for-android-fails-to Edited by: Iztok Kacin on Nov 12, 2013 11:02 PM ...

Web resources about - Delphi XE5 instant trial: Android emulator does not run [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.install

Emulator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about emulators in computing . For a line of digital musical instruments, see E-mu Emulator . For the Transformers character, ...

Mac App Store - Opera Mobile Emulator
Get Opera Mobile Emulator on the Mac App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Genesis emulator in a controller auto launches on Windows PC - YouTube
READ THE DESCRIPTION FOR LINKS AND DETAILS! Down below here. So I made a Genesis emulator in a controller. It is basically a USB Saturn style ...

Nintendo patent hints at official Game Boy emulator for mobile phones
... filed by Nintendo that shows the company is interested in bringing Game Boy titles to mobile devices through emulation technology. Many emulators ...

Video shows MAME Emulator in action on tvOS-based Apple TV
... experimenting with different ways to take advantage of the iOS 9-based tvOS operating system. Developer Kevin Smith has created a MAME Emulator ...

BlueStacks Android emulator lets you use apps on your PC
A new Windows PC program has just hit beta testing that allows Android users to fire up apps on their computers, even the ones they’ve already ...

Microsoft Visual Studio Emulator now supports Android Studio and Eclipse with ADT
Microsoft's Visual Studio Emulator for Android was launched only last November. It was the tech company's attempt at getting developers working ...

Apps of the Week: Pocket Trains, My Wendy's, DraStic DS Emulator and more!
Another week, another great set of app picks from the folks here at Android Central.

Android L 64-bit emulator finally out, only for Intel x86
From Google I/O 2014, we were treated to a preview of Android next OS releases, now known popularly as Android L. Android head honcho Sundar ...

Nostalgic And Awesome: Fully Working TI-83, TI-85, And TI-86 Android Emulators Hit The Market
Sure, there are some excellent calculators in the Android Market, but do any of them make you hesitate for a minute when looking at them to figure ...