Delphi XE5 - Android - My application is blank but it works.

Hello.

I have a mobile phone that have this hardware:

Processor ARMv7 rev 9 (v71) 849Mhz

445MB ram.

Using Android OS v 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

I created a FireMonkey Mobile project, then, i put some edits and labels into my form and just run it.

(I already have did the configs to SDK/NDK)

My application compile ok, deploy ok, install ok, run ok. But when i see it running on the mobile device, i only see blank screen, i can click on the edits but it is all invisible, it works and show me the keyboard but i can't see anything , its all blank.

I need help with this, Embarcadero told me that ARMv7 is compatible processor, so i don't see the problem.

Please help.
0
Paulo

Same here. I tried to test run a simple android compile with just a Tbutton on a form. When I debug run on my Galaxy S3 or xe5 emulator, I just get a blank screen.
0
Suriyont
10/1/2013 3:57:00 PM
> {quote:title=Suriyont Mujjalintrakool wrote:}{quote}
> Same here. I tried to test run a simple android compile with just a Tbutton on a form. When I debug run on my Galaxy S3 or xe5 emulator, I just get a blank screen.

Somebody in another thread found a partial solution:

https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=597165&#597165

Simply delete the app that was initially uploaded to the device and re-run (re-deploy) and it works.
0
Suriyont
10/1/2013 4:20:58 PM
> {quote:title=Suriyont Mujjalintrakool wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Suriyont Mujjalintrakool wrote:}{quote}
> > Same here. I tried to test run a simple android compile with just a Tbutton on a form. When I debug run on my Galaxy S3 or xe5 emulator, I just get a blank screen.
>
> Somebody in another thread found a partial solution:
>
> https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=597165򑲭
>
> Simply delete the app that was initially uploaded to the device and re-run (re-deploy) and it works.

I did that many times, with different ways, and it still don't works.
0
Paulo
10/1/2013 7:51:46 PM
> {quote:title=Paulo Roberto Silva Rosa wrote:}{quote}
> Hello.
>
> I have a mobile phone that have this hardware:
>
> Processor ARMv7 rev 9 (v71) 849Mhz
>
> 445MB ram.
>
> Using Android OS v 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
>
> I created a FireMonkey Mobile project, then, i put some edits and labels into my form and just run it.
>
> (I already have did the configs to SDK/NDK)
>
> My application compile ok, deploy ok, install ok, run ok. But when i see it running on the mobile device, i only see blank screen, i can click on the edits but it is all invisible, it works and show me the keyboard but i can't see anything , its all blank.
>
> I need help with this, Embarcadero told me that ARMv7 is compatible processor, so i don't see the problem.
>
> Please help.

While the application running on device, try to Lock and then Unlock. For me Worked.
I'm using a Xperia Play R800a (android 2.3.3).

On my virtual device, i don't have this problem.
0
Christyan
10/2/2013 5:39:20 PM
> {quote:title=Christyan Fernandes wrote:}{quote}
>
> While the application running on device, try to Lock and then Unlock. For me Worked.
> I'm using a Xperia Play R800a (android 2.3.3).
>
> On my virtual device, i don't have this problem.

Thanks, i did that, but it continues blank =/

I'm almost hopeless.

Just waiting for a miracle kkk
0
Paulo
10/4/2013 7:30:59 PM
> {quote:title=Paulo Roberto Silva Rosa wrote:}{quote}
> Hello.
>
> I have a mobile phone that have this hardware:
>
> Processor ARMv7 rev 9 (v71) 849Mhz
>
> 445MB ram.
>
> Using Android OS v 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
>
> I created a FireMonkey Mobile project, then, i put some edits and labels into my form and just run it.
>
> (I already have did the configs to SDK/NDK)
>
> My application compile ok, deploy ok, install ok, run ok. But when i see it running on the mobile device, i only see blank screen, i can click on the edits but it is all invisible, it works and show me the keyboard but i can't see anything , its all blank.
>
> I need help with this, Embarcadero told me that ARMv7 is compatible processor, so i don't see the problem.
>
> Please help.

I´m disapointed! Even a simple button on the form don´t works in rad studio xe5 for android! Get always this damage 'blank screen'. I´ve tried everything i know about the tablet itself and xe5. nothing work. If you got a solution please don´t forget to post here. My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.

Edited by: Ogredson Lavor on Oct 5, 2013 6:21 AM
0
Ogredson
10/5/2013 1:21:57 PM
> {quote:title=Ogredson Lavor wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Paulo Roberto Silva Rosa wrote:}{quote}
> > Hello.
> >
> > I have a mobile phone that have this hardware:
> >
> > Processor ARMv7 rev 9 (v71) 849Mhz
> >
> > 445MB ram.
> >
> > Using Android OS v 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
> >
> > I created a FireMonkey Mobile project, then, i put some edits and labels into my form and just run it.
> >
> > (I already have did the configs to SDK/NDK)
> >
> > My application compile ok, deploy ok, install ok, run ok. But when i see it running on the mobile device, i only see blank screen, i can click on the edits but it is all invisible, it works and show me the keyboard but i can't see anything , its all blank.
> >
> > I need help with this, Embarcadero told me that ARMv7 is compatible processor, so i don't see the problem.
> >
> > Please help.
>
> I´m disapointed! Even a simple button on the form don´t works in rad studio xe5 for android! Get always this damage 'blank screen'. I´ve tried everything i know about the tablet itself and xe5. nothing work. If you got a solution please don´t forget to post here. My tablet is a Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1.
>
> Edited by: Ogredson Lavor on Oct 5, 2013 6:21 AM
i also have the same problem my tab is Ainol novo 7 Venus QuardCore. it use Samsung lcd. any suggestion.
i have tried Androis ios 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 .

Edited by: Abbas mehboob on Oct 7, 2013 4:49 AM
0
Abbas
10/7/2013 11:50:52 AM
> {quote:title=Paulo Roberto Silva Rosa wrote:}{quote}
> Hello.
>
> I have a mobile phone that have this hardware:
>
> Processor ARMv7 rev 9 (v71) 849Mhz
>
> 445MB ram.
>
> Using Android OS v 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
>
> I created a FireMonkey Mobile project, then, i put some edits and labels into my form and just run it.
>
> (I already have did the configs to SDK/NDK)
>
> My application compile ok, deploy ok, install ok, run ok. But when i see it running on the mobile device, i only see blank screen, i can click on the edits but it is all invisible, it works and show me the keyboard but i can't see anything , its all blank.
>
> I need help with this, Embarcadero told me that ARMv7 is compatible processor, so i don't see the problem.
>
> Please help.

I have the same problem with tablets. I'm test in Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000. In emulator and in a android phone the app works but in the tablets I always get a blank screen.

¿ Any know solution o patch ?

Thx,
0
Daniel
12/12/2013 12:07:15 PM
Daniel wrote:

> I have the same problem with tablets. I'm test in Samsung Galaxy
> Tab 3 and Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000.

Which Tab 3 are you using exactly?  I know of at least 3 models: SM-T210,
SM-T211, and GT-P5210.  I don't know if the SM-T210 works, but XE5 prior
to Update 2 has problems on SM-T211 (I don't know if Update 2 fixes it),
and the GT-P5210 does not have an ARM CPU so it is not compatible with Delphi
at all.

Refer to the compatibility list on the Delphi Wiki:

http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Android_Devices_Supported_for_Application_Development

You should add the Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 to the list, as it is not listed
yet.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0
> Daniel wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem with tablets. I'm test in Samsung Galaxy
> > Tab 3 and Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000.
>
> Which Tab 3 are you using exactly?  I know of at least 3 models: SM-T210,
> SM-T211, and GT-P5210.  I don't know if the SM-T210 works, but XE5 prior
> to Update 2 has problems on SM-T211 (I don't know if Update 2 fixes it),
> and the GT-P5210 does not have an ARM CPU so it is not compatible with Delphi
> at all.
>
> Refer to the compatibility list on the Delphi Wiki:
>
> http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Android_Devices_Supported_for_Application_Development
>
> You should add the Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 to the list, as it is not listed
> yet.
>
> --
> Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

The Galaxy Tab 3 is GT-P5220.

I think that the problem only affects to tablets, because in all "normal android phones" that i test it work good: Samsung Note II, Samsung Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia P, ...

The problem is present in XE5, XE5 update 1, XE5 update1 + hotfix and XE5 update 2.

I'll be waiting a solution , another hotfix or update ...
0
Daniel
12/13/2013 12:38:46 PM
Daniel wrote:

> The Galaxy Tab 3 is GT-P5220.

According to multiple sources I have found, including Wikipedia, Tablet Software,
and SmartphoneZero, all the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 models (GT-P5210 WiFi, GT-P5200
3G, and GT-P5220 4G) have an Intel Atom CPU (specifically, the Z2560):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_series

http://tabletssoftware.blogspot.com/2013/05/samsung-galaxy-tab-3-with-intel-atom.html

http://www.smartphonezero.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-3-10-1-lte-gt-p5220-specs/

At this time, Delphi's mobile compilers do not support Intel mobile CPUs,
only ARM CPUs.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
0

to disable sleep mode, go to Developper Options and check "stay awake when charging"
i hope this could help

> {quote:title=Daniel Sanchez wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> > Daniel wrote:
> >
> > > I have the same problem with tablets. I'm test in Samsung Galaxy
> > > Tab 3 and Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000.
> >
> > Which Tab 3 are you using exactly?  I know of at least 3 models: SM-T210,
> > SM-T211, and GT-P5210.  I don't know if the SM-T210 works, but XE5 prior
> > to Update 2 has problems on SM-T211 (I don't know if Update 2 fixes it),
> > and the GT-P5210 does not have an ARM CPU so it is not compatible with Delphi
> > at all.
> >
> > Refer to the compatibility list on the Delphi Wiki:
> >
> > http://delphi.wikia.com/wiki/Android_Devices_Supported_for_Application_Development
> >
> > You should add the Samsung Galaxy Tab P1000 to the list, as it is not listed
> > yet.
> >
> > --
> > Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
>
> The Galaxy Tab 3 is GT-P5220.
>
> I think that the problem only affects to tablets, because in all "normal android phones" that i test it work good: Samsung Note II, Samsung Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia P, ...
>
> The problem is present in XE5, XE5 update 1, XE5 update1 + hotfix and XE5 update 2.
>
> I'll be waiting a solution , another hotfix or update ...

Edited by: Bahaa Bou Akl on Dec 20, 2013 4:04 AM
0
Bahaa

Modify a working Delphi XE4 installation does not work
Hello, i need to upgrade the intraweb component in Delphi XE4 to the official atozed license. The info from atozed is first to uninstall the bundled version. But when i start the installation wizard from XE4 and select modify, a message "serial number unvalid" appears and i can only stop with taskmanager. What can i do. Thanks Theo Ok, i found the solution myself. Here is how it goes: http://support.embarcadero.com/article/43089 ...

Converting from Delphi 2005 to Delphi XE5
I have developed a number of Windows applications in Delphi 2005. I recently purchased Delphi XE5. I have started by trying to compile an existing 2005 application. I am getting a 7 errors about FMXTeeEditor. [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'FMXTee.Editor.Brush.fmx' Not able to find a solution to this. Any help greatly appreciated. Did you open every form before compiling? The old forms get updated with new properties when they are opened. I would make a copy of the old project before doing any of this. maybe you have links to the older tchart files....i.e its not usi...

Unit working on delphi 7
Hello, i have unit working on delphi7 - 2010 BUT on XE5 give me a lot of errors can you help me please to check whats wrong in the unit on XE5 {$WARNINGS OFF} unit CommonMemoryUnit; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Classes, Dialogs; type TCommMemNT = class(TObject) private FMemPtr:pointer; FhProcess:THandle; FdwProcessId:DWORD; FSize:integer; FPosition : Cardinal; protected procedure Open(AllocSize:integer); procedure Close; public constructor Create(hTarget:HWND;AllocSize:integer); destructor Destroy;override; procedure Ze...

Why does this work fine in Delphi 2009, but not in Delphi 2010
I've been racking my head trying to figure this out and can't understand what is wrong, TFileStream.ReadComponentRes fails when I try to read a component containing a record, it works fine in Delphi 2009 and Delphi 2007, but fails with Delphi 2010 Here is the unit source and DFM *+//UnitSource+* unit Unit1; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls; type TThresholdMode = (tm0,tm1,tm2,tm3,tm4,tm5); TThreshold = Record Mode:TThresholdMode; Filter,Start,Stop:Integer; end; ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

Debugging DLL compiled with Delphi 7 in Delphi XE5
Dear Sirs/Madams, We are considering changing from Delphi 7 to Delphi XE5. Our project consists of a dll and an .exe file. I have begun converting the .exe file to Delphi XE5 and have successfully accessed the DLL compiled with Delphi 7. When I debug the DLL (using the "run parameters" and changing "host application" to the .exe file) in Delphi 7 I can set breakpoints etc. and they are triggered. However, when I attempt to debug the project in XE5, I get the following message: Module Load: xxx.dll. No Debug Info. Base Address: $015A0000. Process xxx.exe (2928) ...

Win32 program: Delphi 7 vs Delphi XE5

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Delphi 2010 and Delphi XE5 shuts down when opening projects
Over the last week I have found it increasingly difficult to open projects. Even really simple projects, some more complex. For example if start Delphi 2010 Enterprise Edition. I see the list of recently opened projects. I then click on a simple existing project, I get a hour glass for about a second and then Delphi IDE has gone. In the windows task manager, there are now no applications running. I have not changed the installation, being using Delphi 2010 enterprise on the same computer for a few years. I'm not a full time developer, but do internal development of our compa...

Web resources about - Delphi XE5 - Android - My application is blank but it works. - embarcadero.delphi.install

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,