Delphi 7 to Delphi XE

Have been using Delphi 7 for many moons ( have got later versions but never
upgraded to )

My first problem is:

Component Palette. in XE it is a small toolbar docked in top right

in Delphi 7 it gives a large view of all the components.

I am struggling to be able to cope/access my components.in Delphi XE.

Can I make the component pallette tool bar the same size as Delphi 7, or is
there a fast way to view/choose all available components in XE, that I have
not spotted yet?

Kind Regards,

Robert.
0
Robert
9/16/2010 5:30:10 AM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.install
📃 1244 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 4 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 5327 Views

Hi,

What I know is that in Delphi 2010 and XE you can choose
between the "old" (in row on top of screen) style component
palette and the "new" style. If you put the IDE as "Undocked"
(all the IDE screens as seperate forms) then you are able
to set the component palette as big as you like.
0
Robert
9/16/2010 8:54:53 AM
<<Robert Gilland:
Can I make the component pallette tool bar the same size as
Delphi 7

You can have a Delphi 7 style toolbar /as well as/ the Tool
palette, by right clicking on the toolbars and selecting
Component.

You can also undock and resize the palette, and save your
desktop with it where you want it.

--
Deborah Pate (TeamB)
0
Robert Gilland wrote:

> Have been using Delphi 7 for many moons ( have got later versions but
> never upgraded to )
>
> My first problem is:
>
> Component Palette. in XE it is a small toolbar docked in top right
>
> in Delphi 7 it gives a large view of all the components.

You can do the same in XE:

  http://www.rvelthuis.de/images/palette.png

Just play with the settings of the component palette I think you must
turn captions off).

But XE also has the old component palette, as a toolbar. Just look for
menu View / submenu Toolbars -> item Component

"Real life is that big, high-res, high-color screen saver behind
 all the windows." -- anonymous
0
Rudy
9/16/2010 11:45:37 AM
Thanks Deborah,

After mucking around a fair bit the component toolbar finally undocked for
me and I placed it under the main toolbar.
Now I can see all the components and I feel better.

Kind Regards,

Robert.

"Deborah Pate" <Debs@djpate.freeserve.co.not-this-bit.uk> wrote in message
> <<Robert Gilland:
> Can I make the component pallette tool bar the same size as
> Delphi 7
>>>

> You can have a Delphi 7 style toolbar /as well as/ the Tool
> palette, by right clicking on the toolbars and selecting
> Component.
>
> You can also undock and resize the palette, and save your
> desktop with it where you want it.
>
> --
> Deborah Pate (TeamB)
0