I'm currently still on Delphi 6 for some legacy software, but I'm looking at installing Delphi 2010 on my Windows XP machine.
Are there any known issues with installing D2010 on an XP machine that already has Delphi 6 installed?
(I'm not talking about updating the projects code/controls/etc, just running the IDE's).
0
Mike
12/10/2010 1:41:01 PM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.install
📃 1244 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2192 Views

> I'm currently still on Delphi 6 for some legacy software, but I'm
> looking at installing Delphi 2010 on my Windows XP machine.
>
> Are there any known issues with installing D2010 on an XP machine that
> already has Delphi 6 installed?
>
> (I'm not talking about updating the projects code/controls/etc, just
> running the IDE's).
Mike, my understanding is that the installation must be in strict version
order, so D2010 after D6 etc., and into different directories.  I have
Delphi 4, 5, 2007 and 2009 on this PC without problems.  I chose not to
associated .PAS, .DPR and .DPROJ files with any particular program,
though.
Cheers,
David
0
David
12/10/2010 2:02:18 PM
> {quote:title=Mike Dixon wrote:}{quote}
> I'm currently still on Delphi 6 for some legacy software, but I'm looking at installing Delphi 2010 on my Windows XP machine.
>
> Are there any known issues with installing D2010 on an XP machine that already has Delphi 6 installed?
>
> (I'm not talking about updating the projects code/controls/etc, just running the IDE's).
I have Delphi 6 and D2009 running on the same Notebook at the same time with NO problem. Should be the same for D2010.
George
0
George