Delphi 4 and later on Window-7/64-bit

Folks,

I have to install Delphi 4, 5, 2007 and 2009 on Windows-7, 64-bit.  I'm
aware of the need to install outside the \Program Files\ directory (but
including the "common" files or not?), but I do wonder whether any of
these versions may include a 16-bit installer, which doesn't run under
Windows-64?

Thanks for any other advice.
David
0
David
12/12/2010 7:40:26 AM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.install
📃 1244 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 3 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2086 Views

> {quote:title=David Taylor wrote:}{quote}
> I have to install Delphi 4, 5, 2007 and 2009 on Windows-7, 64-bit.  I'm
> aware of the need to install outside the \Program Files\ directory (but
> including the "common" files or not?), but I do wonder whether any of

I'd put the common files outside of Program Files as well, especially with the older IDEs like D4 and D5.

> these versions may include a 16-bit installer, which doesn't run under
> Windows-64?

IIRC, all of those used 32-bit installers as they supported long file names.
-1
Ken
12/13/2010 2:32:52 PM
"Ken White" wrote in message news:[email protected]
>> {quote:title=David Taylor wrote:}{quote}
>> I have to install Delphi 4, 5, 2007 and 2009 on Windows-7, 64-bit.  I'm
>> aware of the need to install outside the \Program Files\ directory (but
>> including the "common" files or not?), but I do wonder whether any of
>
> I'd put the common files outside of Program Files as well, especially
> with the older IDEs like D4 and D5.
>
>> these versions may include a 16-bit installer, which doesn't run under
>> Windows-64?
>
> IIRC, all of those used 32-bit installers as they supported long file
> names.

Thanks for your advice and suggestions, Ken.  Now all I need to do is find
the CDs!

(Background: I have some earlier programs which used NetMasters Internet
components, and they sill work well needing just the occasional update, so
rewriting to use more modern stuff isn't really justified.)

Cheers,
David
0
David
12/13/2010 3:30:22 PM
How to install Delphi 4 on Win 7 32-bit OS?
--
Thanks,
Nilesh (Delphi Developer)