Delphi 2010 w Delphi 2007

I have D2007 installed on my laptop (XP sp3 running on dual core Athlon).
Can I install D2010 on this machine without it affecting D2007?  Will D2010
affect D2007 in any way?

Thanks,
Randall Carpenter
0
Randall
12/3/2009 8:47:26 PM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.install
📃 1244 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 2 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 2214 Views

> {quote:title=Randall Carpenter wrote:}{quote}
> I have D2007 installed on my laptop (XP sp3 running on dual core Athlon).
> Can I install D2010 on this machine without it affecting D2007?  Will D2010
> affect D2007 in any way?

Won't hurt a thing. I have D7, RAD Studio 2007, RAD Studio 2009, and RAD Studio 2010 all on my desktop system and they coexist fine. Just make sure you always install them in the order they were released, and you should be fine.

Note that if you're using third-party components, you should make copies of them for the separate Delphi versions, or at least compile them once and put the .DCUs in separate folders for each version of Delphi, and point the search and library paths to that DCU folder. DCUs are compiler-version specific, and not having separate versions of them for each compiler version forces them to be re-created each time the other compiler version needs them. It's not a big deal, but does add time to compilation when
working on different Delphi versions that use the same component sources.
0
Ken
12/3/2009 9:19:13 PM
But unistallation of RAD2010 have a problem (at least in initial
release; I don't know how it works after updates): uninstaller erases
CC3280MT.DLL (RAD2007) and CC3290MT.DLL (RAD2009) from
Windows\System32. Workaround: make reserve copies of these files.
--
Alex
0