Delphi 2006 in Windows 7 32 bit / Windows Server 2008

Hi All,

I need to install Delphi 2006 IDE in my new windows 2007 system. Could you please advise me whether Delphi 2006 will be supported in Windows 7 / Server 2008.

If 2006 version is not supported please advise from which version onwards will be supported in Windows 7 / windows server 2008.

Many thanks.

Pradeep
11/25/2014 11:40:25 AM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.install
📃 1244 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 6 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 1340 Views

Windows 7/ 2008 did not exist when Delphi 2006 was released, so this
combination is untested. Most likely, if you follow these guidelines:
http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42598 it will work with current
OS's.

If you want something we stand behind, you should upgrade to the current
version which is the XE7 version. Officially, I think we first supported
Windows 7 with the 2009 release - might have been 2010. Windows 2008
support would have been around the same time period.

Pradeep Durai wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to install Delphi 2006 IDE in my new windows 2007 system. Could you please advise me whether Delphi 2006 will be supported in Windows 7 / Server 2008.
>
> If 2006 version is not supported please advise from which version onwards will be supported in Windows 7 / windows server 2008.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Thanks

0
quinn
11/25/2014 11:37:35 PM
> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Windows 7/ 2008 did not exist when Delphi 2006 was released, so this
> combination is untested. Most likely, if you follow these guidelines:
> http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42598 it will work with current
> OS's.
>
> If you want something we stand behind, you should upgrade to the current
> version which is the XE7 version. Officially, I think we first supported
> Windows 7 with the 2009 release - might have been 2010. Windows 2008
> support would have been around the same time period.
>

> Pradeep Durai wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I need to install Delphi 2006 IDE in my new windows 2007 system. Could you please advise me whether Delphi 2006 will be supported in Windows 7 / Server 2008.
> >
> > If 2006 version is not supported please advise from which version onwards will be supported in Windows 7 / windows server 2008.
> >
> > Many thanks.
> >
> > Thanks

0
Pradeep
11/26/2014 5:13:52 AM
> {quote:title=Pradeep Durai wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> > Windows 7/ 2008 did not exist when Delphi 2006 was released, so this
> > combination is untested. Most likely, if you follow these guidelines:
> > http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42598 it will work with current
> > OS's.
> >
> > If you want something we stand behind, you should upgrade to the current
> > version which is the XE7 version. Officially, I think we first supported
> > Windows 7 with the 2009 release - might have been 2010. Windows 2008
> > support would have been around the same time period.
> >

> > Pradeep Durai wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I need to install Delphi 2006 IDE in my new windows 2007 system. Could you please advise me whether Delphi 2006 will be supported in Windows 7 / Server 2008.
> > >
> > > If 2006 version is not supported please advise from which version onwards will be supported in Windows 7 / windows server 2008.
> > >
> > > Many thanks.
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
Pradeep
11/26/2014 5:14:16 AM
> {quote:title=Pradeep Durai wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Pradeep Durai wrote:}{quote}
> > > {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> > > Windows 7/ 2008 did not exist when Delphi 2006 was released, so this
> > > combination is untested. Most likely, if you follow these guidelines:
> > > http://support.embarcadero.com/article/42598 it will work with current
> > > OS's.
> > >
> > > If you want something we stand behind, you should upgrade to the current
> > > version which is the XE7 version. Officially, I think we first supported
> > > Windows 7 with the 2009 release - might have been 2010. Windows 2008
> > > support would have been around the same time period.

Thanks for the valuable information.

0
Pradeep
11/26/2014 5:15:05 AM
On 25/11/2014 11:40, Pradeep Durai wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I need to install Delphi 2006 IDE in my new windows 2007 system. Could you please advise me whether Delphi 2006 will be supported in Windows 7 / Server 2008.
>
> If 2006 version is not supported please advise from which version onwards will be supported in Windows 7 / windows server 2008.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Thanks

On Win-7/64, and Win-8.1u1/64 I have Delphi-4 and later (D5, D2009)
installed to D:\Tools\Delphi4 etc.  They work OK, with very minor
quirks.  Probably not officially supported, though.

--
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu

> I need to install Delphi 2006 IDE in my new windows 2007 system. Could you
> please advise me whether Delphi 2006 will be supported in Windows 7 /
> Server 2008.
>
> If 2006 version is not supported please advise from which version onwards
> will be supported in Windows 7 / windows server 2008.
0
eric