Delphi 2005 installation [Edit]

Delphi 2005 installation

I’m giving up, my Delphi 2006 not working, now I’m going back to Delphi 2005

I have business computer (small size) has no CD or DVD.
Now I want to install Delphi 2005, but for about 3 hours to find out what is the problem,
I get error 1309, then 1308 etc.

Any way, how to install Delphi 2005 to a computer without CD or DVD.
I tried shared CD/DVD didn’t work, I copied all files locally and didn’t work

Looks my luck going down with Delphi

Thanks

Edited by: Mike Thomas on Aug 13, 2009 3:34 PM
0
Mike

Mike Thomas wrote:

> Delphi 2005 installation
>
> I’m giving up, my Delphi 2006 not working, now I’m going back to
> Delphi 2005

Why is Delphi 2006 not working? Instead of trying to install D2005, it
would probably be more interesting to find out why 2006 is not working
and then repair it. Did you try "repair" in the installer?

> I have business computer (small size) has no CD or DVD.

Can't you buy or borrow an external USB DVD drive? I do hope your
computer has USB slots?

> Now I want to install Delphi 2005, but for about 3 hours to find out
> what is the problem, I get error 1309, then 1308 etc.
>
> Any way, how to install Delphi 2005 to a computer without CD or DVD.
> I tried shared CD/DVD didn’t work, I copied all files locally and
> didn’t work

I assume they must be copied to the root of a drive. Perhaps you can
copy them to a directory and then SUBST that to a drive letter:

  SUBST X: C:\YourDirectoryWithTheInstallFiles

Now you should be able to install from X:

But if your computer has no CD or DVD drive, how did the install files
get on the computer? Over a network?

"More computing sins are committed in the name of efficiency
 (without necessarily achieving it) than for any other single
 reason - including blind stupidity." -- W.A. Wulf
0
Rudy
8/13/2009 10:44:09 PM
Hello,

Thank you for reply,

>>Why is Delphi 2006 not working?
If you see my post on IDE you will know my pain with Delphi, I'm getting error message (No such interface supported)
I uninstalled Delphi 2006, and then cleared registry, all borland folder, reinstalled still same problem. (on vista OS with sp 2)

Since I can register Delphi 2006 anymore (exceeded installation limit) so I’m back to 2005 

Now, this my new computer (gift), I thought to try to use it. the computer few months old, has USB, network card, so I accessed my shared CD and tried,
then I copied. (has 2 USB), but really I can buy external CD drive now.

I hope subst will work (never tried it before)

Thank you for your help,

> {quote:title=Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> Mike Thomas wrote:
>
> > Delphi 2005 installation
> >
> > I’m giving up, my Delphi 2006 not working, now I’m going back to
> > Delphi 2005
>
> Why is Delphi 2006 not working? Instead of trying to install D2005, it
> would probably be more interesting to find out why 2006 is not working
> and then repair it. Did you try "repair" in the installer?
>
> > I have business computer (small size) has no CD or DVD.
>
> Can't you buy or borrow an external USB DVD drive? I do hope your
> computer has USB slots?
>
> > Now I want to install Delphi 2005, but for about 3 hours to find out
> > what is the problem, I get error 1309, then 1308 etc.
> >
> > Any way, how to install Delphi 2005 to a computer without CD or DVD.
> > I tried shared CD/DVD didn’t work, I copied all files locally and
> > didn’t work
>
> I assume they must be copied to the root of a drive. Perhaps you can
> copy them to a directory and then SUBST that to a drive letter:
>
>   SUBST X: C:\YourDirectoryWithTheInstallFiles
>
> Now you should be able to install from X:
>
> But if your computer has no CD or DVD drive, how did the install files
> get on the computer? Over a network?
>
> --
> Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)        http://www.teamb.com
>
> "More computing sins are committed in the name of efficiency
>  (without necessarily achieving it) than for any other single
>  reason - including blind stupidity." -- W.A. Wulf
0
Mike
8/13/2009 11:04:49 PM
Nope, subst didn't also, I got same error. :(

> {quote:title=Mike Thomas wrote:}{quote}
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for reply,
>
> >>Why is Delphi 2006 not working?
> If you see my post on IDE you will know my pain with Delphi, I'm getting error message (No such interface supported)
> I uninstalled Delphi 2006, and then cleared registry, all borland folder, reinstalled still same problem. (on vista OS with sp 2)
>
> Since I can register Delphi 2006 anymore (exceeded installation limit) so I’m back to 2005 
>
> Now, this my new computer (gift), I thought to try to use it. the computer few months old, has USB, network card, so I accessed my shared CD and tried,
> then I copied. (has 2 USB), but really I can buy external CD drive now.
>
> I hope subst will work (never tried it before)
>
> Thank you for your help,
>

> > {quote:title=Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:}{quote}
> > Mike Thomas wrote:
> >
> > > Delphi 2005 installation
> > >
> > > I’m giving up, my Delphi 2006 not working, now I’m going back to
> > > Delphi 2005
> >
> > Why is Delphi 2006 not working? Instead of trying to install D2005, it
> > would probably be more interesting to find out why 2006 is not working
> > and then repair it. Did you try "repair" in the installer?
> >
> > > I have business computer (small size) has no CD or DVD.
> >
> > Can't you buy or borrow an external USB DVD drive? I do hope your
> > computer has USB slots?
> >
> > > Now I want to install Delphi 2005, but for about 3 hours to find out
> > > what is the problem, I get error 1309, then 1308 etc.
> > >
> > > Any way, how to install Delphi 2005 to a computer without CD or DVD.
> > > I tried shared CD/DVD didn’t work, I copied all files locally and
> > > didn’t work
> >
> > I assume they must be copied to the root of a drive. Perhaps you can
> > copy them to a directory and then SUBST that to a drive letter:
> >
> >   SUBST X: C:\YourDirectoryWithTheInstallFiles
> >
> > Now you should be able to install from X:
> >
> > But if your computer has no CD or DVD drive, how did the install files
> > get on the computer? Over a network?
> >
> > --
> > Rudy Velthuis (TeamB)        http://www.teamb.com
> >
> > "More computing sins are committed in the name of efficiency
> >  (without necessarily achieving it) than for any other single
> >  reason - including blind stupidity." -- W.A. Wulf
0
Mike
8/13/2009 11:05:55 PM
Mike Thomas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for reply,
>
> > > Why is Delphi 2006 not working?
> If you see my post on IDE you will know my pain with Delphi, I'm
> getting error message (No such interface supported)

And then Delphi stops, or it just goes on starting up the IDE?

 I uninstalled
> Delphi 2006, and then cleared registry, all borland folder,
> reinstalled still same problem. (on vista OS with sp 2)
>
> Since I can register Delphi 2006 anymore (exceeded installation
> limit)

Call CodeGear to have it bumped up. Should work, especially if you
explain why.

"Naturally we feel that mentally ill people are not what we are
 looking for when we hire programmers - although there is no
 empirical data to support or contradict that view... Is it
 appropriate to give tests for mental illness to anyone applying
 for any kind of job?"
 -- Weinberg The Psychology of Computer Programming
0
Rudy
8/13/2009 11:21:00 PM
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:

> Call CodeGear to have it bumped up. Should work, especially if you
> explain why.

Or create a support case at support.embarcadero.com with this request,
or do it yourself at reg.codegear.com/bump.
0
quinn
8/13/2009 11:40:27 PM
I did try reg.codegear.com/bump (but with no luck, I tried to call also, just message with no answer).

I’m telling you I had most frustration with Delphi last few month than my life.

Very sad situation for me, I guess just my luck

Thanks any way.

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) wrote:
>

> > Call CodeGear to have it bumped up. Should work, especially if you
> > explain why.
> >

> Or create a support case at support.embarcadero.com with this request,
> or do it yourself at reg.codegear.com/bump.
0
Mike
8/13/2009 11:47:57 PM
> {quote:title=Mike Thomas wrote:}{quote}
> I did try reg.codegear.com/bump (but with no luck, I tried to call also, just message with no answer).

What number did you call? In the US, call (800)523-7070. 98% of the time the wait time is around 15 seconds.

What error did you get using reg.codegear.com/bump? It's not unbelievable it would not work though as it doesn't work for all older products because it didn't exist when they were released.
0
quinn
8/14/2009 5:23:25 PM
Thank you for your reply,

I will try that phone Monday, I know reaching white house easier than code gear (that is for sure)

You can’t believe my frustration and madness from code gear team, why they don’t allow to install from local hard drive? Why they make things more complex, why they don’t think out of the box, why and many whys.

Do really code gear team reads this forum, for over months now I’m trying to get my Delphi to work, every time I get something not working, either error with Delphi, or exceeded installation limit, or can’t install from local hard drive.

All this kind of torture code gear uses to hurt their developer which they don’t exists without us.
I don’t know what else to say (I’m very mad)

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=Mike Thomas wrote:}{quote}
> > I did try reg.codegear.com/bump (but with no luck, I tried to call also, just message with no answer).
>
> What number did you call? In the US, call (800)523-7070. 98% of the time the wait time is around 15 seconds.
>
> What error did you get using reg.codegear.com/bump? It's not unbelievable it would not work though as it doesn't work for all older products because it didn't exist when they were released.
0
Mike
8/15/2009 12:29:21 AM
Mike Thomas wrote:

> I will try that phone Monday, I know reaching white house easier than code gear (that is for sure)

I know that calling (800)523-7070 in the US is much easier than calling
the White House. Does the White House have average wait time less than 1
minute?

> You can’t believe my frustration and madness from code gear team, why they don’t allow to install from local hard drive? Why they make things more complex, why they don’t think out of the box, why and many whys.

Don't understand this one. You can install from a local hard drive and
that is what most people do.

> Do really code gear team reads this forum, for over months now I’m trying to get my Delphi to work, every time I get something not working, either error with Delphi, or exceeded installation limit, or can’t install from local hard drive.

Where do you install from?

> All this kind of torture code gear uses to hurt their developer which they don’t exists without us.
> I don’t know what else to say (I’m very mad)

Please call (800)523-7070 or create a support case at
support.codegear.com. You will get a nice person that is glad to assist you.
0
quinn

Can I safely install Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET on top of Delphi 2005 (Win 32)
I have a Delphi 2005 Win32 installation. When I originally installed it I had no need for the .NET Framework. Now I would like to learn the .NET framework. Going back to the Delphi 2005 install disk and trying to install the . NET Framework has not been succesful. Can I install the Turbo Delphi 2006 .NET Framework and have it co-exist nicely with my existing Delphi 2005 Win32 system? Thank you. ...

installation in delphi 2005
Someone install dw net 1.0.1 in delphi 2005 sp3 in manual form, can help me step-by-step? just obtain this message: Failed to create an instance of 'Sybase.DataWindow.DataStore' because 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException: No se encuentra el archivo o el nombre del ensamblado DataWindowInterop o una de sus dependencias. Nombre de archivo: "DataWindowInterop" at Sybase.DataWindow.DataStore.InitDataStore() at Sybase.DataWindow.DataStore..ctor() === Pre-bind state information === LOG: DisplayName = DataWindowInterop, Version=1.0.5502.0, Culture=neutral,...

Delphi 7 installation [Edit]
I am moving to a new laptop and after installing Delphi 7 and registering I cannot view any forms in Delphi. For example: I can create a new MDI App and open the About.pas and I cannot view the form itself. Also, New form and numerous other options are not available in the New Items dialog when I click File->New->Other. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks All, Branden Johnson Edited by: Branden Johnson on Aug 31, 2009 9:18 AM Branden Johnson wrote: > I am moving to a new laptop and after installing Delphi 7 and > registering I cannot view any forms in...

Install CD / Delphi 2005.
Hello, I am a registered user of delphi 4, delphi 6, delphi 2005 and Delphi 2010 (professional versions). I am trying to migrate from 2005 to 2010 but its not so easy to do ! During this time, I have to reinstall my 2005 version on a new PC (my old one begins to be really old). Unfortunately, my D2005 install cds are unavailable. I have contacted embarcadero but they don't have any copy of the 2005 CDs. I have my register keys, I don't need the install keys but only the CDs (iso or other). I searched to buy D2005 again with no success. If anyone could help me, it would b...

Hello, we have one Delphi 2005 Professional here and want to upgrade to Delphi 2010, but we are a bit confused. Our distributor in Germany, ingram-micro offers several upgrade products: UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - NAMED USER FLEX RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - UPG UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED ELC UPG RAD STUDIO 2010 PRO - NAMED FLEX UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT ELS UPG DELPHI 2010 PRO - CONCURRENT FLEX What do they mean exactly and which one do i need? At the moment delphi is installed on two PCs and we want to use ...

TQrChart installation on delphi 2010 [Edit]
I've got some helpfull advices from Calvet on March of this year for TQRChart installation. A system crash made me lose all my installations docs. so i'm begging you guys to help me install again my tqrchart component. Thanks Edited by: Alexandre Sene on Sep 2, 2010 9:56 AM Edited by: Alexandre Sene on Sep 2, 2010 11:44 AM Thanks Guys. I had in a backup all files provided by mister Calvet. By compiling them every thing is back to normal So Thanks again to M. Narcis Calvet ...

Install VS 2012 pro after installing Delphi Prism XE3?
I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace the shell, and will Prism now work in VS Pro? Not sure, I doubt. But you can simply reinstall Prism - the key is registered with your computer. Worked in 2010 have no idea about 2012. You need Pro for Metro. Mike > {quote:title=Phillip Woon wrote:}{quote} > I asked over at the Prism forum, but it's more lively over here. If I buy VS 2012 professional after I've already installed Prism XE3, will VS pro replace...

To install or not to install?

No Delphi installed
I hold a 2010 C++ Builder license [since bcb2004] which is called "Rad Studio"...but apparently I do not have Delphi 2010...can I download it and install it...if so is there a license number that is different from bcb 2010??? charles leggette wrote: >I hold a 2010 C++ Builder license [since bcb2004] Not sure what you mean by "bcb2004". I believe that the latest product in 2004 was CBX, but it is hard to believe that you started with that - it was the first release of the cross-platform IDE that was rebranded as CBuilder 2005 before being dropped by Borl...

Install problem with JCL and Delphi XE [Edit]
I've got XE fired up under Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, and I'm installing various 3rd-party things. My latest obstacle is JCL. I think I'm following the instructions, but since I've never been clear on why there is an install.bat in both the JCL and JVCL folders, I have my doubts. When I run the jcl\install.bat I get an error: JclResources.pas(2014) Fatal: F2039 Could not create output file 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\RAD Studio\8.0\hpp\JclResources.hpp' ....failed This happens despite the fact that I have changed the BPL path from: C:\Users\Public\Documents\...

Web resources about - Delphi 2005 installation [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.install

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?