d2009 - [solved] Unable to run any application from the IDE ! [Edit]

Hello,

After installation I build a simple "hello world" VCL project which calls ShowMessage() when one clicks a button.
I hit F9, il compiles but I receive this messagebox :

---------------------------
Notification d'erreur du débogueur
---------------------------
Echec du projet G:\_\Develop\Delphi2009\Project1.exe avec le message : 'access violation at 0x7c95ba98: write of address 0x0fdff3ac'. Processus stoppé. Utilisez Pas-à-pas ou Exécuter pour continuer.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

and sometimes this messagebox :

---------------------------
Project1.exe - Erreur d'application
---------------------------
L'application n'a pas réussi à s'initialiser correctement (0xc0000005). Cliquez sur OK pour arrêter l'application.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

Here is a screen shot : http://jacky.brouze.ch/Public/DelphiErr01.gif

If I look at then project page, TForm is red underlined and in the "Structure" windows, it shows an error (can't resolve Forms unit name in line 6

Here is a screen shot : http://jacky.brouze.ch/Public/DelphiErr02.gif

Of course I tried to :
- Run other programs - same problem
- Uninstalled / reinstalled Delphi 2009 - always the same problem.

Notice that the exe file is built and runs perfectly outside the RAD environment !

Can somebody tell me what happens and how to solve ?

Thanks in advance ... and sorry for my bad frenglich ...

A+
Jacky

Edited by: Registered User on Jun 26, 2009 2:46 AM

Edited by: Registered User on Jun 26, 2009 3:01 AM
0
Jacky

> {quote:title=Registered User wrote:}{quote}
> ---------------------------
> Notification d'erreur du débogueur
> ---------------------------
> Echec du projet G:\_\Develop\Delphi2009\Project1.exe avec le message : 'access violation at 0x7c95ba98: write of address 0x0fdff3ac'. Processus stoppé. Utilisez Pas-à-pas ou Exécuter pour continuer.
> ---------------------------

Perhaps, since you write English very fluently, it would help if you translated the messages from French. The majority of the posters here seem to post in English.

What operating system are you using? Vista has issues with the IDE (I think due to the debugger), and needs to have DEP disabled for the IDE. Your problem may be a related issue.
0
Ken
6/26/2009 1:22:39 PM
> {quote:title=Ken White wrote:}{quote}
> Perhaps, since you write English very fluently, it would help if you translated the messages from French. The majority of the posters here seem to post in English.
> What operating system are you using? Vista has issues with the IDE (I think due to the debugger), and needs to have DEP disabled for the IDE. Your problem may be a related issue.

Oops sorry :

First :
Debug error message
Project G:\_\Develop\Delphi2009\Project1.exe failed with the message: 'access violation at 0x7c95ba98: write of address 0x0fdff3ac'.
Process stopped. Use step-by-step or Execute to continue.
OK

Second :
Project1.exe - Application error
The application failed to initialize (0xc0000005). Click OK to stop the application.
 OK

> {quote:title=Ken White wrote:}{quote}
> What operating system are you using? Vista has issues with the IDE (I think due to the debugger), and needs to have DEP disabled for the IDE. Your problem may be a related issue.

Windows XP Home edition, SP3, .net framework (all versions), all updates done except IE8 (uninstalled)
Free AVG Antivirus, Spybot Search&Destroy, Windows' firewall, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Intel Quad6600 - Kinston 4Go DDR800 - ASUS P5B Deluxe - EVGA 8800GTX 768Mo - 2 Acer 19"

:-)

A+
Jacky

Edited by: Registered User on Jun 26, 2009 8:50 AM
0
Jacky
6/26/2009 3:56:34 PM
Does this happen on a blank form project?

--
Nick Hodges
RAD Studio R&D Manager - Embarcadero
> {quote:title=Nick Hodges wrote:}{quote}
> Does this happen on a blank form project?

Hello Nick,

Yes it does. Exactly the same error messages except the "write address" :
'access violation at 0x7c93a978: write of address 0x00270fb0'

In fact, the first run (F9) was ok, I got a empty form just as it should be.
I closed the form using the [X] and after a second F9 hit, I got both error messages.
All next tries produced the same errors.
And again, the generated EXE file works perfectly when run from windows explorer (outside the IDE).

This is very annoying because it prevents debugging !

A+
Jacky
0
Jacky
6/27/2009 3:21:26 AM
Try killing the LVPrcSrv.exe process in the Task Manager if it is running.
0
Allen
6/27/2009 3:45:09 AM
> {quote:title=Allen Drennan wrote:}{quote}
> Try killing the LVPrcSrv.exe process in the Task Manager if it is running.

Hello Allan,

I seems to work !!!! GREAT ! THANKS A LOT !

Can you please tell me more about this LVPrcSrv service ?

A+
Jacky :-)
0
Jacky
6/27/2009 5:36:30 AM
"Registered User" skrev i meddelelsen news:132063@forums.codegear.com...
>> {quote:title=Allen Drennan wrote:}{quote}
>> Try killing the LVPrcSrv.exe process in the Task Manager if it is
>> running.
>
> Hello Allan,
>
> I seems to work !!!! GREAT ! THANKS A LOT !
>
> Can you please tell me more about this LVPrcSrv service ?

It's from Logitech.
Use google and you will see that it causes problems for so many people.
And these:
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=73056
http://blogs.embarcadero.com/nickhodges/2007/06/13/35998
--
Finn Tolderlund
0
> Can you please tell me more about this LVPrcSrv service ?

Glad to hear that solution worked for you.  If you update your webcam drivers, the problem should go away.  My company develops video conferencing software in Delphi (http://www.nefsis.com) so you can imagine we have seen this issue a lot with our Delphi development team :)
0
Allen
6/27/2009 4:31:41 PM
Registered User wrote:

> This is very annoying because it prevents debugging !

Do you happen to have a Logitech camera installed?

--
Nick Hodges
RAD Studio R&D Manager - Embarcadero
http://blogs.codegear.com/nickhodges
0
Nick

DBX application does not run without Delphi installed
Hello guys, I'm using Delphi XE and created an application with dbx (dbexpress), works perfectly with my mysql but only on the machine where Delphi is installed. When I try to put the same application to run on an operating system without delphi installed it gives error. Can anyone help me?? hugs Marcelo Lopes wrote: > Hello guys, > > I'm using Delphi XE and created an application with dbx (dbexpress), works perfectly with my mysql but only on the machine where Delphi is installed. When I try to put the same application to run on an operating system without delphi ...

Cannot use Excel when Delphi application run (more information) [Edit]
This is driving me insane... Following my previous message... When I run a Delphi application that uses automation I cannot access other files in Excel. Every time I double click on a different Excel file (not the one my application is using) Excel tries to open my file in read only mode and then it goes into a bizarre state: part of the Excel form goes transparent and I cannot use it. This does not happen if I start Excel using the shortcut in the start menu and then I open a file manually. I figure out that in order to be able to use Excel I need to force Excel not to use the ...

How to run Delphi Application as Administrator in Windows 7? [Edit]
My English is poor, I hope you can understand what i say. I Have a Applicatioin Developed by Delphi 2009 in Winows XP sp3. Now, I need to run it in Winodows 7 and write a few files. So I Need this Application run as Administrator,or else it will raise an error when write a file. what should i do? Edited by: chen yaopan on Sep 7, 2010 10:27 PM > {quote:title=chen yaopan wrote:}{quote} > My English is poor, I hope you can understand what i say. > I Have a Applicatioin Developed by Delphi 2009 in Winows XP sp3. Now, I need to run it in Winodows 7 and write a few files. > ...

Unable to acess network shares when running application from the IDE
I recently switched to XE5 and Windows 8 at the same time. I have my application running fine outside the IDE. When I run from inside the IDE and I need to access an INI file on a network share, I get a file not found as if there is a permissions error. Example - try to read \sharename\myfile.ini works from inside IDE and running application standalone \\server\sharename\myfile.ini only works standalone Any suggestions? Maybe you are loading IDE with admin privilege...

Unable to modify current installation of Delphi XE5 [Edit]
Hi everybody, I installed Delphi XE5 months ago. I don't remember if i had installed the Mobile platform part (for developing iOS and Android) I suppose i didn't because if i try to add a SDK in "Select Platform" the only possible choice is OS X. So, How can i add the mobile part to the current installation of Delphi, whithout reinstalling the IDE? Thank you. EDIT The problem is that in Modify, Repair, Uninstall i see only "Remove" and "Repair" options. I should see "Modify" for adding/remove features to the current installation (In th...

Application runs 10 times faster when Delphi IDE is open
My D2007 application runs 10 times faster when I run the Delphi IDE at the same time. In detail: * I start my application, it runs slow * With my application still running, I start Delphi. My application miraculously switches to some turbo-mode, and runs 10 times faster * with my application still running, I shutdown Delphi. My application switches back to its original slow state. Extra weird: When I run Xananews i.s.o. the Delphi IDE, I get the same results. Profiling with AQTime shows the delay is in a line with "ClientDataSet.Open". I made a small test-client w...

Cannot use Microsoft Excel when a Delphi application that uses automat. run [Edit]
Dear all, I built an application that connect to an Excel file using a OleObject: Excel := CreateOleObject('Excel.Application'); LCID := GetUserDefaultLCID; all works fine but I cannot use Microsoft Excel externally when my application is running. If I try to open another xls file, Excel tries to open the file in my Delphi application in read only mode. It does not even show it properly but opens a weir transparent application. I just want to be able to use Excel externally and I'd like the instance opened by my Delphi application to be independent from other Exc...

XE7 / Delphi
If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file FMX.Types.pas". I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging. How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything like that. NOTE: I installed into d:\dev\xe7 Any help [as always] is much appreciated. Thanks! ...

XE7 / Delphi
If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file FMX.Types.pas". I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging. How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything like that. NOTE: I installed into d:\dev\xe7 Any help [as always] is much appreciated. Thanks! Based on 2 replies, I started by using the "-rtest" command-line switch. This changed nothing. Then I decided to try th...

Embedding an external application into the Delphi application [Edit]
Hi guys, I am trying to embed Mozilla Firefox into my Delphi application with the following code, The code works with "Notepad" but it doesn't work with the Mozilla Firefox. Any help will be extremely appreciated. {code} unit unitMain; interface uses Windows, Messages, SysUtils, Variants, Classes, Graphics, Controls, Forms, Dialogs, StdCtrls, ExtCtrls, ShellApi; type TfrmMain = class(TForm) pnlTop: TPanel; panBottom: TPanel; btnLoadApp: TButton; btnKill: TButton; procedure btnLoadAppClick(Sender: TObject); procedure btnKill...

Unable to install visual web developer or visual basic express editions.Task manager shows setup.exe running but nothing happens
Hi ,I have downloaded visual web developer express edition to a CD. When I clicked the setup.exe file I got the message that installation is already running. However the setup is not happening. The task manager shows the process vwdsetup.exe running, but I havent been able to setup the express edition.I had a similar problem when i tried the installation by direct download from the web. wHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM? Did you turn off the computer and turn it back on?  Stop the process and try again?  Anything other than run setup and then post a message here?JeffPlease: Don'...

Run an external application as hide application and control it with Delphi
I need run a 3rd application (I think developed with Visual Studio) and hide it (the user don't must see it), then I need: 1. click on a menu to open a window, click on tab component; 2. set 2 edit fields, and choose a item from combobox; 3. click on a button and extract 2 text from 2 edit fields; 4. close the application; All this without user see nothing. Is it possible in anyway? I need do it with a Delphi (XE3) application. I don't have experience about control of 3rd application an I don't know if it possible. Is there a free library to use UIAutomation? Martin Masc...

Forcing application to display on the taskbar before Application->Run() [Edit]
Hi, I have an application that displays a login screen before the main application is displayed. My problem is that the login screen can get 'lost' behind other open windows if the user navigates away e.g. to retrieve login details from an email. The login screen is simply a form that is displayed before the app is run, and is part of the main project i.e. the same exe. I do not want to force my login screen to be fixed or forced to the front. I would like to know if it's possible to display the exe on the taskbar before the creation of the MainForm has completed i.e. Applicati...

Unable to run the application

Unable to install applications
I have installed SUSE 11.1 onto an HP nx6320. The install went ok, rebooted etc, it was all good. I installed Opera web browser without any issues and then downloaded Adobe Acrobat reader (Linux version for HP)and AVG antivirus for Linux. When running the .sbin to install AVG, it states an error occured, nothing further but the app has not installed. I have attempted to follow the process as advised in the readme file (it advises to chmod +x avg85flx etc, then change directory to the file and run ./install.sh) but when trying to chmod, an error messages states no such file or ...

Web resources about - d2009 - [solved] Unable to run any application from the IDE ! [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.install

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 6.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rise 6.2%
Home loan borrowers seem undeterred by the highest interest rates in five months.

Sony Mobile, LG reportedly to develop smartphone application processors in-house
... Communications and LG Electronics reportedly will follow the steps of Apple, Samsung Electronics and Huawei to develop smartphone-use application ...

Unphased By AG's Study, Kinder Morgan Files Application With Feds To Build Gas Pipeline
On Friday, Tennessee Gas Pipeline, a subsidiary of the Houston-based energy company Kinder Morgan, filed an application with federal regulators ...