Cannot create connection profile in Delphi XE4 Starter

I have recently bought Delphi XE4 Starter after using Delphi XE4 trial but I cannot get to make a connection profile in Starter (which I was able to do in the trial). For example I opened the sample FMX LocationDemo project & in Project manager added new platform OSX but it does not let me create a connection.Right clicking on the MacOSX icon all options except delete are greyed out.
At the moment I do not have a Mac machine to connect to but I was able to get the create connection working in the trial version so why is it not working similarly for me in Starter?
Most grateful for helpful replies,many thanks
0
richard

> {quote:title=richard dickinson wrote:}{quote}
> I have recently bought Delphi XE4 Starter after using Delphi XE4 trial but I cannot get to make a connection profile in Starter (which I was able to do in the trial). For example I opened the sample FMX LocationDemo project & in Project manager added new platform OSX but it does not let me create a connection.Right clicking on the MacOSX icon all options except delete are greyed out.
> At the moment I do not have a Mac machine to connect to but I was able to get the create connection working in the trial version so why is it not working similarly for me in Starter?
> Most grateful for helpful replies,many thanks

No reply?... So I'll answer my own question. I finally found DelphiXE4 Starter cannot use MacOS platform (only Win32)...from a reply from support ticket (reference feature matrix for DelphiXE4):

As per page 1 of the feature matrix, the starter edition does not include the feature for creating OS X applications.

http://www.embarcadero.com/products/delphi/delphi-feature-matrix
0
richard

IOS Setup in Delphi help
Could someone check this document for me, since I cannot get my Delphi to talk properly anymore with my Mac and compile for my Test, adhoc and App Store. Had to reinstall my laptop, and forgot those settings, and I am at a loss. I added some screens in it, so you know what I all did. Could someone take a look at it, and tell me what's wrong / missing etc? Thank you ...

IOS Setup in Delphi help
Could someone check this document for me, since I cannot get my Delphi to talk properly anymore with my Mac and compile for my Test, adhoc and App Store. Had to reinstall my laptop, and forgot those settings, and I am at a loss. I added some screens in it, so you know what I all did. Could someone take a look at it, and tell me what's wrong / missing etc? Thank you ...

IOS Setup in Delphi help
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8d526.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8d526.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: application/msword; name="Create Profile for Delphi.doc" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Create Profile for Delphi.doc" 0M8R4KGxGuEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPgADAP7/CQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFAAAAbwIAAAAAAAAA EAAAcQIAAAEAAAD+////AAAAAGoCAABrAgAAbAIAAG...

Delphi 5 to Delphi XE4

How to create components in Delphi XE4 usable also in BCB XE4
I just got my upgrade from BDS2006 to RAD Studio XE4 and now I have to embark on making adjustments to the component set we have used in our applications. We have both Delphi and BCB applications and they use common components (some of them) developed all in Delphi. The most difficult one may be the Safenet Sentinel SuperPro dongle handler which I packaged into a Delphi component long ago and which we have used both from Delphi and C++ Builder (BDS2006). What needs to be done in order to use these components seamlessly in XE4 for both C++ and Delphi? I also want to be able to compil...

League System compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4
I am currently trying to write a league system using delphi to be used for an upcoming football tournamant I am running. However, I have encountered some difficulty in doing so. Does anyone have a league system they would give me the code for that is compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4? ...

Delphi and Delphi for .Net

League System compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4 #2
I am currently trying to write a league system using delphi to be used for an upcoming football tournamant I am running. However, I have encountered some difficulty in doing so. +Does anyone have a league system they would give me the code for that is compatible with Delphi 2010 or Delphi XE4?+ ...

Stack overflow when opening a Delphi 7 frame in Delphi XE4
I am trying to port a Delphi 7 application to Delphi XE4. I have installed all the required component libraries in Delphi XE4 and I managed to open the Delphi 7 project in Delphi XE4. However, when I try to open one of the units containing a VCL frame I get the error "stack overflow - Save your work and restart RAD studio XE4". If I don't open any frames and try to build the project, the compiler can't find the components in the above mentioned frame unit and stops with an error. What should I do? Pier I figured out what the problem was. I has a TsiLang compo...

ActiveX differences between Delphi 7 and Delphi XE4 in an MFC application
When I create an ActiveX control based on a TPanel (with no added code) in Delphi 7, I am able to add this to a MFC C++ application and have it run fine. When I take the exact same code and compile it in Delphi XE4 (and XE2), MFC throws an assertion. I confirmed that the only changes are in the dcu, ocx and res files. The assertion is happening on ASSERT(wFlags == DISPATCH_METHOD); in occsite.cpp (I included the source to this). {code} STDMETHODIMP COleControlSite::XEventSink::Invoke( DISPID dispid, REFIID, LCID, unsigned short wFlags, DISPPARAMS* pDispParams, VARIANT* pvar...

Install ultimate version in Delphi xe4
Hello, i have a new computer with delphi XE 4. Now i want to install the intraweb ultimate license. First i uninstalled the bundled version and deleted all files. Than i installed intraweb XIV. I checked the contents of iwlicensekey.pas, it has the correct ultimate key. But when i compile and run my application it still tells me bundled version. Thanks Theo Lang It was my fault. It seems i requested the wrong key from the purchase point. I will do it again. Unfortunatly i am now running into another problem. I have only the keys for Intraweb XII. So i uninstalled XIV...

Web resources about - Cannot create connection profile in Delphi XE4 Starter - embarcadero.delphi.install

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire
CNN Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire CNN (CNN) A California man was arrested Saturday in connection with a fire at a ...

Facebook's News Feed is gentler on your flaky phone connection
Facebook might depend on the internet, but the social network knows that people don't always have good internet connections. You may be knocked ...