2010: Can't register - can't download the software - can't register until I have the software - can't get the software til I register ???

I have active maintenance on Rad Studio:
        From: Vicky Rassmisaengthong            
        [mailto:Vicky.Rassmisaengthong@EMBARCADERO.COM]
        Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 1:58 PM
        To: rgrossman
        Cc: amer.supportadmin@codegear.com; Ashley Cosentino
        Subject: Software Assurance Support for Tech III Inc PO# Credit         
        Card
        Dear Embarcadero Technologies Support Customer,
        Welcome! You have been registered as the primary contact on
        support account number AM#######
        Herewith we confirm your Embarcadero Technologies support
        agreement covering:
        Qty 1 RAD Studio Enterprise Named User license Asset #
        CUST######
        The renewal date for these licenses is: 3/25/10
However, Rad Studio 2010 is not in my list of registered software.  I
can't download it.
I created a support case which got me this not very useful response:
        -----Original Message-----
        From: Nate Sharp [mailto:support-reply@embarcadero.com]
        Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 8:15 AM
        To: rgrossman
        Subject: Please add 2010 to my registered products [
        ref:00D57Mdw.50057HYgz:ref ]
        Hello Richard,
          Once you have registered Rad Studio 2010 it will be
        automatically added to your Registered products. You can                
        register the software by following the steps presented in the
        registration wizard that will launch the first time you run the
        product.
Okay, I don't have and can't get the product ISO's or install files
because I'm not registered and they are not on my list of software from
the Registered Users Downloads page.
I received nothing shipped to me and nothing by email except the credit
card confirmation.
Strangely, on September 23rd I received an upgrade to Delphi Prism 2009
by email, so they are not being filtered on my side.
-1
Richard
10/9/2009 12:58:57 AM
📁 embarcadero.delphi.install
📃 1244 articles.
⭐ 0 followers.

💬 7 Replies
👁️‍🗨️ 5113 Views


> {quote:title=Richard Grossman wrote:}{quote}
> I have active maintenance on Rad Studio:
[snip] 
> However, Rad Studio 2010 is not in my list of registered software.  I
> can't download it.
Download the trial version. When prompted for the registration info, use the actual registration info you received for your SA agreement *instead of* the registration info you receive for the trial version. Use of the real registration info will cause the actual version you purchased to be installed, and it will automatically install as the registered version and not the trial.
-1
Ken
10/9/2009 1:07:32 PM
Ken White wrote:
>> {quote:title=Richard Grossman wrote:}{quote}
>> I have active maintenance on Rad Studio:
> [snip] 
>> However, Rad Studio 2010 is not in my list of registered software.  I
>> can't download it.
> 
> Download the trial version. When prompted for the registration info, use the actual registration info you received for your SA agreement *instead of* the registration info you receive for the trial version. Use of the real registration info will cause the actual version you purchased to be installed, and it will automatically install as the registered version and not the trial.
Thanks.  Very much appreciated.
When you say, "use the actual registration info you received for your SA 
agreement", are you referring to the contract # I received when I 
renewed back in February?
-1
Richard
10/9/2009 4:54:38 PM
Richard --
If your SA hasn't been fulfilled for RS2010, then send an email to
maintenance@embarcadero.com
and they will get you taken care of.

-- 
Nick Hodges
Delphi Development Manager
Embarcadero Technologies
1
Nick
10/9/2009 6:34:06 PM
Richard,
There was a letter that was sent to all customers with Maintenance when 
RAD Studio 2010 shipped. It contained information on downloading the 
product. This download is not from the registered users site. We've 
experienced a lot of people who have had this email being caught in 
their spam filter, so that might have happened to you.
I just talked to Nate and he says he re-sent the letter and you got it 
this time...
Richard Grossman wrote:
> I have active maintenance on Rad Studio:
> 
>    From: Vicky Rassmisaengthong            
>    [mailto:Vicky.Rassmisaengthong@EMBARCADERO.COM]
>    Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 1:58 PM
>    To: rgrossman
>    Cc: amer.supportadmin@codegear.com; Ashley Cosentino
>    Subject: Software Assurance Support for Tech III Inc PO# Credit         
>    Card
> 
>    Dear Embarcadero Technologies Support Customer,
> 
>    Welcome! You have been registered as the primary contact on
>    support account number AM#######
> 
>    Herewith we confirm your Embarcadero Technologies support
>    agreement covering:
>    Qty 1 RAD Studio Enterprise Named User license Asset #
>    CUST######
>    The renewal date for these licenses is: 3/25/10
> 
> However, Rad Studio 2010 is not in my list of registered software.  I
> can't download it.
> 
> I created a support case which got me this not very useful response:
> 
>    -----Original Message-----
>    From: Nate Sharp [mailto:support-reply@embarcadero.com]
>    Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 8:15 AM
>    To: rgrossman
>    Subject: Please add 2010 to my registered products [
>    ref:00D57Mdw.50057HYgz:ref ]
> 
>    Hello Richard,
>           Once you have registered Rad Studio 2010 it will be
>    automatically added to your Registered products. You can                
>    register the software by following the steps presented in the
>    registration wizard that will launch the first time you run the
>    product.
> 
> Okay, I don't have and can't get the product ISO's or install files
> because I'm not registered and they are not on my list of software from
> the Registered Users Downloads page.
> 
> I received nothing shipped to me and nothing by email except the credit
> card confirmation.
> 
> Strangely, on September 23rd I received an upgrade to Delphi Prism 2009
> by email, so they are not being filtered on my side.
1
quinn
10/9/2009 6:42:25 PM
quinn wildman <Embarcadero support wrote:
> Richard,
> 
> There was a letter that was sent to all customers with Maintenance when 
> RAD Studio 2010 shipped. It contained information on downloading the 
> product. This download is not from the registered users site. We've 
> experienced a lot of people who have had this email being caught in 
> their spam filter, so that might have happened to you.
Maybe Postini didn't like it (Google owns it - we use it currently and 
it's fairly widespread).
> I just talked to Nate and he says he re-sent the letter and you got it 
> this time...
Thanks - I'm installing right now :>
Just out of curiosity, was there really an upgrade to Delphi Prism 2009 
in September?  Because I did get that one.
Quinn, it would be really great if there was an SA NEWS section on the 
site, and then you could say something like, "09-22-2009: Emails were 
sent out with RS 2010 Access Codes & Serial Numbers - if you didn't get 
yours, please email etc."
Also, I'm sure you're already aware that there's way too many logins, 
account numbers, access codes, mtc contract numbers, serial numbers, 
support logins, etc.
Some of the logins take a username as the username, and some of them 
take only your email as the username.
Thanks for listening...
-1
Richard
10/9/2009 9:04:44 PM
Richard Grossman wrote:
> Quinn, it would be really great if there was an SA NEWS section on the 
> site, and then you could say something like, "09-22-2009: Emails were 
> sent out with RS 2010 Access Codes & Serial Numbers - if you didn't get 
> yours, please email etc."
Or maybe it could have gone on the edn page for Delphi...
http://edn.embarcadero.com/delphi
1
Richard
10/9/2009 9:14:19 PM
On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 01:58:57 +0100, Richard Grossman  
<rgrossmanREMOVE.THIS.PART@techiii.com> wrote:
> However, Rad Studio 2010 is not in my list of registered software. I  
> can't download it.
I have no problem with CG keeping a list of the software which they think  
that their customers have, but why on earth put obstacles in the way of  
them /downloading/ other software?  (Why even require a log-in to see code  
samples?)
After all, if you do manage somehow to get a legal copy of the software,  
you still need a valid licence key - and then there's activation.
If I hadn't seen the decisions of other PHBs in other large, lean, mean  
and (supposedly) efficient companies, I might think that there were  
undercover "moles" within BorInGear actively trying to discourage Delphi  
sales.
-- 
Paul Scott
Information Management Systems
Macclesfield, UK
-1
Paul
10/10/2009 8:54:58 AM
Reply: