XP Manifest

I made the mistake of adding XP Manifest to my project.  It washed
out/eliminated many colors on the controls, so I removed it.  However,
it did not go away.

How do I get it to go away?

Jack

Jack Mason wrote:
> I made the mistake of adding XP Manifest to my project.  It washed
> out/eliminated many colors on the controls, so I removed it.  However,
> it did not go away.
>
> How do I get it to go away?
>
> Thanks

Delete "XPMan" from the uses clause in the main form.

John
0
John
8/15/2008 3:35:16 AM
Thank you very much!
0
Jack
8/15/2008 3:41:35 AM
Jack Mason wrote:
> Thank you very much!
That's the only thing the XPManifest component does.  You can play by
adding XPMan to your main form, and commenting and uncommenting it, to
see what it looks like both ways.

John
0
John
8/15/2008 5:19:02 PM
"Jack Mason" <jackmason@speedfactory.net> wrote in message
>I made the mistake of adding XP Manifest to my project.  It washed
> out/eliminated many colors on the controls, so I removed it.  However,
> it did not go away.
>
> How do I get it to go away?
>
> Thanks

I had the same problem recently which was solved by somebody on this forum.

When using the manifest you have to be careful about properties like
ParentColor.  Setting them to false has no effect UNLESS the text 'False' is
in bold.  You often have to click on the proerty in the IDE to get it to go
bold, then you can override the manifest defaults with you own colours.

Its worth the effort as the program looks much better with the manifest IMO.
0
Lorne
8/17/2008 12:22:42 AM
Thank you very much, Lorne!
0
Jack

XP Manifest problem in Delphi 7
Hi. I upgrade my app to Borland Delphi 7 and I have visual problems due to XP Manifest. I detect visual problems in several components(TPanel, TLabel, TPageControl, ...): components are painted with the parent background, not the color specified. It's possible to solve TPanel reassigning ParentBackground property to FALSE. But this solution is not valid to PageControl, for example. There are any solution/s about this problem with Delphi7 - XP manifest? Exists any way to display well this components? Thanks in advance. Regards Jose Jose Fco R. Palau wrote: > Hi. &...

Delphi 6 - project opens
I have a large project that opens with no IDE visible. Until today, everything was fine. Have removed the Delphi32.dsk file. No change. Have reinstalled Delphi - no change. It appears the IDE settings for the project are held somewhere. But I can't find them. All that displays is the application's file list. No forms, no code, no object inspector. The Alt keys still work. But that's it. I started up another project with the same name (overwrote the previous version). Same problem. So the data about that project is definitely somewhere. I've had a good look on ...

Delphi IDE
I am using an external manifest file to support UAC elevations via the RC to RES technique. Once I do this, I have to add the Theme aware info to that manifest or I get resource warnings. To get rid of the warning, I uncheck the themes option on the project. This works fine, but the IDE shows the form designer as non-themed. When it the runs, it is themed, but not in the designer. I am using Delphi 2010, but I tried on Delphi XE3 with the same results. If I use the Delphi XE3 "Use custom manifest" option, it works fine. Is there a way to use an external manifest and sti...

VS ide / delphi ide key map

Delphi 2006 vs Delphi 2009 IDE stability

XP Manifest Again
When I used XP Manifest, some colors got all screwed up. Is there a document somewhere that describes what the XP theme is and how to use it without it messing up some colors? I like the way the navigator buttons get drawn, and the transparent look, but some controls just disappear. > When I used XP Manifest, some colors got all screwed up. Is there a > document somewhere that describes what the XP theme is and how to use > it without it messing up some colors? I like the way the navigator > buttons get drawn, and the transparent look, but some controls just > d...

Hi, I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. Thanks.. Mehmet Fide wrote: > Hi, > > I wonder which is more programmer friendly. Especially for syntax > highlighting and fast code writting, viewing.. > > > Thanks.. See "RAD Studio 2010 vs. Visual Studio 2010" in non-technical group. -- Warm Regards, Lee ...

XP manifest
Hi, Is there another way to get XP look on an application without having to use a "manifest file"? I'm using this file right now <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?> <assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0"> <assemblyIdentity version="1.0.0.0" processorArchitecture="*" name="Microsoft.Winweb.XPLook.exe" type="win32" /> <description>Scriptet.com</description> <dependency> ...

Delphi IDEs
Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive screens with Delphi XE4 and later versions of Delphi? Pier Pier wrote: > Is it possible to write applications for Android and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 or later versions of Delphi? iOS support was added in XE4. Android support was added in Delphi XE5. > Is it possible to write applications for Windows 8 and touch sensitive > screens with Delphi XE4 an...

Delphi needs this: Designtime 'tasks' panes in MS Visual Web Developer 2008 [picture]
This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" --JivePart=_8bd4.zeB8CwDOH5aMJzMl Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="WeNeedThis.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="WeNeedThis.jpg" iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAARcAAAEaCAYAAAA7TRMKAAAABHNCSVQICAgIfAhkiAAAAAlwSFlz AAAL1wAAC9cBJXXS8AAAABl0RVh0U29mdHdhcmUAd3d3Lmlua3NjYXBlLm9yZ5vuPBoAACAASURB VHic...

Manifest files on XP
Hi, I'm posting this in a couple of forums out of curiosity if anyone has messed around with this on either or both versions of XP: I came across manifest files again the other day while I was looking into programming for XP themes and I was wondering if anyone is aware of any exploits or abuse of this feature on XP. The most common usage I've seen is to enable the aforementioned XP theme styles for a program. I was struck by how easy it is to have XP load a particular version of the Common Control DLL -- basically, as is documented in several places, one just needs to cre...

what is the best Delphi IDE
Hello, I am making a pool here tell us what is the best Delphi IDE you work with ? isaac sam wrote: > Hello, > I am making a pool here Cool! I'll take care of the drinks. FWIW, reservations made by getting up very early and putting a towel on a deckchair will not be honoured (I'm sure some of our European guests here will recognize the system). -- Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) http://www.teamb.com "What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fil...

Web resources about - XP Manifest - embarcadero.delphi.ide

Manifest destiny - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This painting (circa 1872) by John Gast called American Progress , is an allegorical representation of the modernization of the new west. Here ...

Manifest Destiny - YouTube
Manifest Destiny is the title of this video that shows at Shawnee Indian Mission State Historic Site. In the 19th century Americans wanted more ...

Passenger manifest and the litany of coincidences in unfolding tragedy
Michael and Carol Clancy had never met Albert and Maree Rizk. Their lives could not have been more contrasting. And yet indirectly, through a ...

Malaysia’s unwillingness to release the full cargo manifest from missing Flight MH370 will hamper the ...
MALAYSIA’S continuing refusal to share the cargo manifest for Flight MH370 with an Australian-led search and rescue operation will hamper the ...

Malaysia Airlines: Flight manifest names 2 Canadians on missing plane
The first sign that a Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 may have crashed came Saturday, when two large oil slicks were spotted close to where the ...

Facebook Marketing Partner SocialWire Rebrands as Manifest, Launches Automated Ad Platform
Facebook Marketing Partner SocialWire Rebrands as Manifest, Launches Automated Ad Platform

android m apk manifest Archives - Android Police - Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets
While you might file this one under "really? We weren't doing this already?" if you're a security expert, Google has added stricter validation ...

Google’s next-gen Nexus tablet spotted in shipping manifest
... name of Google’s 2014 tablet will be. And now a Nexus 8 tablet, which was also mentioned in previous months , was spotted in a shipping manifest ...

Manifest Destiny: Gap, What Were You Thinking? - BlogHer
Full disclosure: I like The Gap. Honestly, I do. Since Theo’s birth, I’ve spent a significant portion of my time (and income) in Gap Kids, cooing ...

Joe Biden begins his (non)campaign for the presidency with a manifest lie.
"There's no obvious reason for me why I think I should not run." Let me Google a picture of obvious for Joe. Here: Anyway, the quote above is ...