XE7 / Delphi - IDE is "unable to locate" RTL source files [Edit]

If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file FMX.Types.pas".

I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging.

How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything like that.

NOTE: I installed into d:\dev\xe7

Any help [as always] is much appreciated.

Thanks!
0
Free

Based on 2 replies, I started by using the "-rtest" command-line
switch. This changed nothing. Then I decided to try the "paths
approach" -- which led to the following discovery:

I have no FMX.Types.pas file ANYWHERE on my system.

(I have .dcu, .hpp & .o files - but no .pas file for FMX.Types.)

Any thoughts...??
0
Free
1/27/2015 1:01:01 AM
Based on 2 replies, I started by using the "-rtest" command-line
switch. This changed nothing. Then I decided to try the "paths
approach" -- which led to the following discovery:

I have no FMX.Types.pas file ANYWHERE on my system.

(I have .dcu, .hpp & .o files - but no .pas file for FMX.Types.)

Any thoughts...??
0
Free
1/27/2015 1:01:01 AM
Based on 2 replies, I started by using the "-rtest" command-line
switch. This changed nothing. Then I decided to try the "paths
approach" -- which led to the following discovery:

I have no FMX.Types.pas file ANYWHERE on my system.

(I have .dcu, .hpp & .o files - but no .pas file for FMX.Types.)

ALSO: This happens for a brand new project with nothing
but an empty FormTouch event handler...

Any thoughts...??

Edited by: Free Dorfman on Jan 27, 2015 2:45 PM
0
Free
1/27/2015 1:01:01 AM
Do you have the source\fxm folder below your product install directory?
This is where FMX.Types.pas lives. Note that this folder would not exist
if you are using the trial edition, and likely would not exist if you
are using the Starter edition.

Also, you don't need the .pas file. The DCU should be found using the -r
command line switch.

Free Dorfman wrote:
> Based on 2 replies, I started by using the "-rtest" command-line
> switch. This changed nothing. Then I decided to try the "paths
> approach" -- which led to the following discovery:
>
> I have no FMX.Types.pas file ANYWHERE on my system.
>
> (I have .dcu, .hpp & .o files - but no .pas file for FMX.Types.)
>
> ALSO: This happens for a brand new project with nothing
> but an empty FormTouch event handler...
>
> Any thoughts...??
>
> Edited by: Free Dorfman on Jan 27, 2015 2:45 PM

0
quinn
1/27/2015 1:01:01 AM
Free Dorfman wrote:

> If I right-click, say TTouches, in the IDE and select [Find
> Declaration] I am getting an error, "Unable to locate file
> FMX.Types.pas".
>
> I see similar errors (for FXM.Xxx and VCL.Xxx units) while debugging.
>
> How can I fix this? I am SERIOUSLY hoping that I'm not going to have
> to manually add a series of directories to search paths, or anything
> like that.

I think you'll have to do just that. Not really by typing them, but by
selecting them in the IDE.

Does this perhaps happen in projects you updated to a new version, or
in all projects?

--
Rudy Velthuis        http://www.rvelthuis.de

"When you philosophically oppose an entire power elite, you
 cannot help but sound like a conspiracy theorist. Social power
 is by nature a conspiracy."
 -- Tom N
0
Rudy
1/27/2015 1:01:01 AM
Because the .DCU is there, your problem is not the .PAS is missing. It's
a path problem.

However, to add the .PAS:

* Select Modify, Repair, Uninstall from Embarcadero RAD Studio XE7 group
in the start menu.
* Select Modify, click Next.
* If you have RAD Studio, select the desired personalities, click Next.
* Enable Source Files to be installed, click Next.
You should be able to take it from here.

Free Dorfman wrote:
> The only thing in my <install-directory>\source folder is a DUnit folder.
>
> So, this is probably the why. How can I install the fmx (and other source)
> folder(s)?
0
quinn
1/27/2015 1:01:01 AM
I think that your Search Path is not correct. Try to open the IDE with the option "-rtest" as explained here:

http://support.embarcadero.com/es/article/42597

--
Borja Serrano
Embarcadero Technical Support Engineer
The only thing in my <install-directory>\source folder is a DUnit folder.

So, this is probably the why. How can I install the fmx (and other source)
folder(s)?

Thanks.
##############

> {quote:title=quinn wildman wrote:}{quote}
> Do you have the source\fxm folder below your product install directory?
> This is where FMX.Types.pas lives. Note that this folder would not exist
> if you are using the trial edition, and likely would not exist if you
> are using the Starter edition.
>
> Also, you don't need the .pas file. The DCU should be found using the -r
> command line switch.
>
> Free Dorfman wrote:
> > Based on 2 replies, I started by using the "-rtest" command-line
> > switch. This changed nothing. Then I decided to try the "paths
> > approach" -- which led to the following discovery:
> >
> > I have no FMX.Types.pas file ANYWHERE on my system.
> >
> > (I have .dcu, .hpp & .o files - but no .pas file for FMX.Types.)
> >
> > ALSO: This happens for a brand new project with nothing
> > but an empty FormTouch event handler...
> >
> > Any thoughts...??
> >
> > Edited by: Free Dorfman on Jan 27, 2015 2:45 PM

0
Free
1/27/2015 11:35:59 PM
Free Dorfman wrote:

> Based on 2 replies, I started by using the "-rtest" command-line
> switch. This changed nothing. Then I decided to try the "paths
> approach" -- which led to the following discovery:
>
> I have no FMX.Types.pas file ANYWHERE on my system.
>
> (I have .dcu, .hpp & .o files - but no .pas file for FMX.Types.)

Which version/edition are you using? Professional or higher?

--
Rudy Velthuis        http://www.rvelthuis.de

"An intellectual is someone who has found something more
 interesting than sex." -- Edgar Wallace.
0
Rudy
1/30/2015 1:01:01 AM
Had to totally re-install. Grrr
0
Free

First use of XE7, "Delphi Package Output Directory", "path is too long"
I have been using Delphi 2010, and also had XE2 installed (but never used it). Yesterday I purchased the Delphi XE7 update, and installed it. Upon first launch, I got this dialog: {code} Warning [window title] Your current Delphi Package Output Directory is not part of your system path. In order to use runtime packages that are built into this directory, this directory needs to be on your path. However, it appears that your current system path is too long. Please manually edit your system path to remove unnecessary items and/or include this directory. Directory to be added: c:\User...

[Delphi XE2] "Search projects" missing in "Add to Project" dialog box [Edit]
"Search projects" missing in "Add to Project" dialog box when using windows classic theme (windows 7 64bits). Notepad on the contrary still have the "Seacrh ..." box in its open file dialog. Check the images below(they are not mine but show the issue) This one does have the "search document" box in the upper right corner. http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/9518/dialog2.png This one does not have it. http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4793/dialogl.png Any help on this matter will be greatly appreciated. ...

Unable to locate file "XXX.XXXX.pas" RAD Studio XE2 [Edit]
It wouldn't happen in earlier versions, i couldn't find the option to install "Source Files" in the installation... why ? i Ctrl+Right-Click on a Function to see its definition and i get this... [img]https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=631ff87d8f&view=att&th=1322b9295d081c43&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_gs3jompv0&zw[/img] Edited on Sep 3, 2011 3:12 PM > {quote:title=Rotem Dahan wrote:}{quote} > It wouldn't happen in earlier versions, i couldn't find the option to install "Source Files" in the installa...

"File" to "File$date"
Okay... Thanks for all your answers! From all, I combinded the perfext solution: rename("test.txt", "test" . &heute() . ".txt"); sub heute { return (localtime(time))[3] . (localtime(time))[4] . = ((localtime(time))[5] 1900); } Thanks ;) Andreas -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht----- Von: Sudarshan Raghavan [mailto:sraghav@india.hp.com]=20 Gesendet: Samstag, 14. September 2002 15:21 An: Perl beginners Betreff: Re: AW: Rename "File" to "File$date" On Sat, 14 Sep 2002, Sudarshan Raghavan wrote: >=20 > #!/...

How to rename the "File", "Edit", (etc) menus?
Hi, I'm trying to rename the "File", "Edit" and other top level Firefox menus to have shorter names so as to save screen space. At present there does not seem to be an extension that will allow me to do this with Firefox 2 (and only an experimental extension for Firefox 3): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/9480 I have installed the userChrome.js extension to run custom snippets of JavaScript: http://mozilla.zeniko.ch/userchrome.js.html I'm hoping I can rename the menus with a just few lines of JavaScript, but I do not know what JavaS...

Delphi source not in "Browsing Path".
I'm trying to debug an access violation that is occuring in a delphi source unit. This is an application I'm trying to migrate from Delphi 2007 to XE3. In 2007 the delphi source units are in the browsing path by default. But in XE3 (and xe2) they are not there. Anyone know why that changed it? Is there a "quick" way to add all the source units? Thanks Allen Allen Noland wrote: > I'm trying to debug an access violation that is occuring in a delphi source unit. This is an application I'm trying to migrate from Delphi 2007 to XE3. In 2007 the delphi sou...

"Edit" Vs"Edit Mask"
Are there any potential problems changing a datawindow date field from "edit" to "edit style" and vice versa? I have over 100 datawindows and who knows how many of them have date fields. Question is if I change the edit style from "Edit" to "Edit Mask" of dd/mmm/yyyy. Will this cause any kind of problems? TIA Well we changed ours from editmask to edit (partly because of the large numbers of bugs in edit masks in early builds of PB7, partly because our customers found editmasks unfriendly to use) and it didn't cause any problems. ...

DataControlRowState is "Edit" or "Alternate, Edit"
In the Gridview RowDataBound event, I check for the state of the row to cast some controls and manipulate with them:Protected Sub gvAutori_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs) If e.Row.RowType = DataControlRowType.DataRow Then            If e.Row.RowState = DataControlRowState.Normal Or e.Row.RowState = DataControlRowState.Alternate Then             ...            ElseIf e.Row.RowStat...

Rename "File" to "File$date"
Hy everybody in the List! I have a Problem writing a little perl application... Im a very newbie to programming and need your help :) The Problem is: I have a file "dev.txt" and I want to rename it once a day (with a = cronjob) like "dev13092002.txt" So i need to rename it with a date variable. All I have at the moment is: #!/usr/bin/perl $d =3D `date`; $d =3D /pattern1(pattern2)/; sytem("cp test.txt test`$d`.txt"); Does anyone of you know how to do that? THANKS in advance! =09 | Telematikzentrum D=FCrrwangen GmbH &am...

Error: "Query: dataset not in Edit mode": in delphi code for Rave Report [Edit]
I am trying to write a Delphi code (Delphi 2010) to print a rave report from the access database; I am using RVSystemprint method; q1 is a query name. I get error message " q1: dataset not in edit or insert mode", at the line: while not q1.Eof. Even though I added q1.Edit or q1.insert, it doesn't work. Database's readonly property is FALSE. What is missing in the code? Thanks. procedure TForm1.rsysPrint(Sender: TObject); begin with Sender as TBaseReport do begin ..... q1.Open; q1.Edit; q1.first; while not q1.Eof do begin ... end; .... ...

NOT SOLVED "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable
Hello, Just installed (21st February 2012) Delphi XE2 Starter. Build 16.0.4276.44006 *Installed Updates* (RAD Studio XE2 Delphi and C++ Builder Update 1) (BTW why can't this info be copied instead of typing from Help>About) Got: *[DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "win32" missing or unavailable* when trying to run 1st Sample VBlock (BTW why there is no standard Hello World to show that IDE works?) *In spite of CASE SOLVED:* Report #: 98901 Status: Closed "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32...

Delphi 2007 assert
The assertion message from Delphi 2007 is... "(!"SetThreadContext failed")" in ..\win32src\thread32.cpp at line 412 Any way I can patch this out? CodeGearâ„¢ Delphi® 2007 for Win32® Version 11.0.2902.10471 El 18/01/2014 21:48, Michael Leahy escribió: > The assertion message from Delphi 2007 is... > > "(!"SetThreadContext failed")" in ..\win32src\thread32.cpp at line 412 > > Any way I can patch this out? > > CodeGearâ„¢ Delphi® 2007 for Win32® Version 11.0.2902.10471 > An unofficial fix fo...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
Today I reinstall XE2 with update 1, when I try to run the application, I got following error message, I am sure it used to works fine before rebuilding my PC. [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. so what I can do now to work around it? solved, I removed the environment varible platform(platform=win32) and not get this error message again. > {qu...

[XE2] "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable
I'm using Windows Vista Business 32-bit and C++ Builder XE2. When I create a new VCL project, add some Delphi files (.pas) to the project and try to compile, I receive the following error messages: {code} [DCC Fatal Error] Exception Exception: Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. [DCC Error] Compiler for personality "Delphi.Personality" and platform "Win32" missing or unavailable. {code} Normally, in C++ Builder XE, when I add some Delphi files to my projects, it compiles without any prob...

OutPutCache: Location="Client" or Location="Server"
Hi people. I searched information about the difference Client or Server, but I don't find help. Someone know the difference, from point of perfonmance?MCP Sergio Tarrillo Check this ..... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323290 CheersCan't keep my eyes from the circling skies,tongue tied and twisted ..just an earth-bound misfit I. Here, they show how used Location. But I want knew the difference, and which have more perfomance.MCP Sergio Tarrillo The difference is simple do you want the Html version of the Page cached on the Browser or on the server it...

Web resources about - XE7 / Delphi - IDE is "unable to locate" RTL source files [Edit] - embarcadero.delphi.ide